Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Things you didn't know!

Comments

• Options
    mlnov39mlnov39 Posts: 2,294 Member
    I didn't know the maid cleans the bbq grill.
    M5bEuAJ.png?1
  • Options
    texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    I didn't know that you could watch the stars and watch a concert at the same time. Both actions were happening at the same time.

IJyGjt7.png
  • Options
    I didn't know that with the landfil lot trait sims leave broken appliances everywhere. It soon looked like a junkyard :lol:

n0pRUdU.png
  • Options
    Mstybl95Mstybl95 Posts: 5,883 Member
    @texxx78 - new found way to up your sims handiness skill!
  • Options
    GirlFromIpanemaGirlFromIpanema Posts: 843 Member
    MVWdeZT wrote: »
    I just now noticed that toddlers give a little yawn when you have a parent wake them up -- so cute!

My toddlers never stay asleep long enough for me to wake them up! Haha. I would like to try this though, it sounds adorable (I'm going to have one very tired and grumpy toddler sim).

Something I noticed, I have a Sim in the education career, whenever his children are doing homework he will autonomously help them with it. I don't know if this is because of his career or his skills in research, but I like it. :smile:
  • Options
    edited May 2021
    Mstybl95 wrote: »
    @texxx78 - new found way to up your sims handiness skill!

Def! I'm thinking of opening a 2nd hand electronics store too :smile:
  • Options
    calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    If you play with whims, here's a tip for the Collector aspiration. Collect one frog, fossil, metal and crystal then every time you get a whim to find a new whatever, just move whatever out of your inventory then back in again.
  • Options
    JyotaiJyotai Posts: 505 Member
    calaprfy wrote: »
    If you play with whims, here's a tip for the Collector aspiration. Collect one frog, fossil, metal and crystal then every time you get a whim to find a new whatever, just move whatever out of your inventory then back in again.

That kinda feels like me in real life...

I don't use Discord because it doesn't support multiple accounts and I don't need folks at work wondering what I'm doing even on my own time. Until Discord catches up with every single other voice / video conferencing system, I limit where I use it:
  • Options
    DaepheneDaephene Posts: 1,760 Member
    I just learned today that you can get microscope samples from fossils. It has never occurred to me to click on one after I extract it and put it on the shelf. Most people probably know that but I thought I'd share just in case.

Also if you marry a sim from Batuu and move them into a normal neighborhood it gives them an everyday outfit without the alien masks but leaves it on for all the other outfit categories. I don't know what happens if you keep the human look, but my sim that I changed to have her original alien mask in all categories retained them when she visited Batuu again. I remember reading that some players made alien sims and had the masks removed when they traveled to Batuu and were changed into default Batuu outfits, so I was worried that she would be made human, but she wasn't.
  • Options
    AmeliaToddAmeliaTodd Posts: 226 Member
    If you have decorated your house with gnomes, they will become alive on Harvestfest along with the regular three.

rn43eMa.png
  • Options
    HarukotyanHarukotyan Posts: 513 Member
    I've learned that actions on community lots and in neighborhood "open" locations do not lead to the same result. Like your Star singing/playing guitar in the neighborhood attracts no sims/tips and do not bring any star rating to sim but the same action performed on community lot does both.
  • Options
    Anchor283Anchor283 Posts: 18 Member
    > @SimplyJen said:
    > Things I just learned recently...
    >
    > Cowplants randomly dance if a radio is placed near them.
    > You can assign an emotion to a memory and then your sim can "Reminisce about this Memory”.
    > Sad sims can call the sadness hotline.

This is one I didn't know! Sweet.
  • Options
    ShachaaiShachaai Posts: 55 Member
    So today I learnt that occasionally, if your sim takes poor quality photographs, the photo in-game will show your your sim put their thumb over the lens or that the photograph has been photobombed by a leering gnome.
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member
    I can't believe I only found out yesterday that build/buy has a style and colour filter! LOL.

All these years I have used the pack and debug filters over on the right hand side and not been looking above to see the other filters there. And I was building last week and frustratingly thinking 'if only I could filter these by colour like we can do the clothing in cas'... :D:D:D
  • Options
    Lisamango0Lisamango0 Posts: 150 Member
    I can't believe I only found out yesterday that build/buy has a style and colour filter! LOL.

All these years I have used the pack and debug filters over on the right hand side and not been looking above to see the other filters there. And I was building last week and frustratingly thinking 'if only I could filter these by colour like we can do the clothing in cas'... :D:D:D

I've noticed that through challenges, never even tried to open up that little arrow to see what was hiding underneath :lol:
    I use it a lot now, especially when I'm building of a floorplan in a certain style.
  • Options
    Ersa_MiddletonErsa_Middleton Posts: 697 Member
    Bah, Teens can't ask other Teens to move in even if they have max friendship/romance.
  • Options
    SimDork23SimDork23 Posts: 524 Member

Same! I was so confused as to how the Dream Home Decorator pack was going to work as far as color & style goes, only to find out that those features have always been there! Lol.
  • Options
    LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,595 Member
    With the new update, you can look in a sims profile and see what there likes and dislikes are.
    5vJrxmT.png
  • Options
    somewhsomesomewhsome Posts: 910 Member
    You can't interact with bees while wearing a bear suit, bees would be scared. 😄
  • Options
    TomasGrizzlyTomasGrizzly Posts: 736 Member
    LadyKyn wrote: »
    With the new update, you can look in a sims profile and see what there likes and dislikes are.

I was honestly afraid they'd forget that part.
    somewhsome wrote: »
    You can't interact with bees while wearing a bear suit, bees would be scared. 😄

Yep, saw a screenshot on reddit a while ago, quite a nice small touch.
    I like fantasy and a bit of Sci-Fi. Want to know what I'm reading?
    I also like wandering the hills.
  • Options
    I only know this through some moderate testing but...

It takes 2 sim hours for a vampire to die from sunlight with no resistance powers. This includes the time a full bar of Vampire Energy drains to 0. An Umbrella will temporarily stop the process but only for as long as the umbrella is active, otherwise the Third Degree emotion will return.
  • Options
    channel4simschannel4sims Posts: 22 Member
    Hello! Oh, that's interesting. I didn't know about it. It took me some time to discover the vacation cities, since I'd never make sims sims go on vacation haha
  • Options
    edited May 2021
    So now I'm getting deep into how vampirism works(oh geez deep doesn't even cover it though)..

Compel for a Deep Drink as we know will cause the victim to pass out.

I had to use a stop watch..but...a sim will stay passed out for about 88 seconds real time(1.46min). Consider that 60 seconds real time is 1 hour in sim time.

Only thing I don't know is how long it takes to drink from that same sim again.

Edit: Got the correct time for them passing out. It's exactly 1 hour(sim time).

Post edited by Ersa_Middleton on

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top