March 29th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

One Month One World One Year Personal Challenge (Complete!)

Comments

• IllusoryThrallIllusoryThrall Posts: 1,335 Member
    I will try to read and get to comments later, but it may be wed. before I have the extra time. :smiley: ... :heart: to all!
  • Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    edited May 2021
    @SoulGal7
    Nice joke Sakura played on Wolfgang! :D So sad how these two keep misunderstanding each other. :'( Hopefully they reveal their real feelings before Sakura goes to meet Kyoshi. If she doesn't break up with him, thinking Wolfgang doesn't love her and would've if he did and comes back to Wolfgang saying he does love her? Could get very messy and very sad. :( I guess we'll just have to wait and see what happens.

@Skeilah
    YAY! Congratulations to Bryon and Naoki! Such a fun proposal too, I love the humor you injected into it. Perfectly, them! Looking forward to the wedding now! :)

@permanentrose
    So glad to hear you're feeling better now! Glad you took a day off to rest and recover. *Hugs*

Ruby aged up so cute! I knew she would. Love that you chose a similar hairstyle for her to the toddler hairstyle. :) She does look so grown up! Fun she was playing in the rocking chair. :) Haven't had any of my kids play in that yet. Yep, CC chairs are broken. Hopefully that'll get fixed in the next patch. The military career is fun, so yes, you'll have plenty to do for the rest of the month.

Erwin's been a big help to Essa and Josh, I like him too, he's a fun character, definitely. :) You're probably right about Essa's stubborn streak. I figured between the two, she'd be the one to throw caution to the wind. Plus, she just likes using her Spellcaster skills whenever possible. It's still quite new and exciting to her, despite the fact she's a Virtuoso+ now.

Oh man, I HAD to get them possessed at least once. I was curious how Josh would look. :D Already knew how Essa would look. I almost fell out of my chair laughing when I saw him. :D Now, about that randomized possession. I don't think that's supposed to happen and I wonder if a Mod might be responsible for why Jules would get possessed randomly like that.

I've played this many times and when they get the temporary possession from opening the door, that's the only time any of my Sims were possessed after that unless I made them eat the strange fruit. Of course, they could've changed that since the last time I played. I guess I'll find out! o.O

I made them fail the transportalate on purpose, clicked right in the middle of the room with the blue mist. hehe I really don't know if they could've transportalated beyond that wall. I'm guessing they could, but still get possessed like Essa did before. I'm also guessing that later on, when they've went beyond the blue mist room, they'll be able to transportalate wherever they want down there. We'll see... ;)

Sure, I don't mind skin overlays in my game. As long as they're not default for everyone. I'd rather pick and choose who gets them. Send me a link for it in a PM and I'll download it. Oh, I'd love links to her original hair and the new one too, if that's okay. Does she have any other CC? I don't mind extra CC in my game now. I just don't plan to get a bunch of it and end up with a HUGE Mods folder like I had in TS2 days. o.O T.O.O.L.! Ah, so that's how you did it. Cool! I've been thinking about maybe getting that, if it's not a really big file.

Sorry for the novel of a reply! I can't seem to help myself. o.O :D

@Hermitgirl
    Well hey, Winterfest wouldn't be Winterfest without Clement! Especially for Roxanne. ;) So funny the thought bubble Clement got for Lenny. Yep, Lenny's days are numbered. Poor guy. Oh well. Great idea having Rubanoid go in the Lab with them when using the keycard. I don't think robots can get possessed unless you use a cheat. :)

Be back later with today's update. Hope y'all had a fanfreakintastic day/night! <3
  • HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    I haven't commented for 4 days! I don't usually awesome until I read so hopefully you all notice some more of those.

@IllusoryTrall
    13- I really liked seeing Jaz having some fun with other kids in the playground. Poor kid to root for her just for having something most take for granted.
    14- When I first saw Londyn I thought that she might be a social worker lol. Ut oh Benji is headed for more drama with his girlfriend. Jay isn't going to be good with this.
    15- Whoa Bennie made enough money! Aww he doesn't want to look like a failure to his family.
    16- Aww Jaz had a good day. I always like those.
    17- All those money problems and now more strain. Bennie needs to learn to cope better (not that he will). Felt sorry for the mom trying to figure out what to do and of course Jaz for having to go through it all.

@SoulGal7
    11- Of course River comes with a keg.. they go hand in hand! That was a great party and a sloshed declaration of love. I think everyone is gonna have a headache!
    12- Dang did Wolfgang sleep the whole day?
    -If your friends with the mother you can just ask her for those gifts. I think once a day? She doesn't require a sacrifice or anything but that sounds good for a story. Icabod isn't a nice sim, he's worse in my other save too lol. I can't help it I like a good villan.
    13- Oh boo Wolfgang doesn't remember a thing! *Sigh* Waits patiently for the lovers to come together.
    14- I'm gonna go in that story and knock some heads together soon! Lol.. well at least she admitted she loves him to herself!

@miss_eulenauge
    Update 10- It is nice to see them outside and the kids look so cute in their coats!
    Update 11- The kids look great aged up, and yeah the gnomes can look really creepy especially in dim lighting lol. I like them!
    Update 12- Beautiful shots especially of the twins!
    Update 13- And he proposed! I don't want to see this family go through tragedy I might have to cover my eyes. Can't the main sim just get amnesia?.. hehe..
    The church is by Dannydanbo, I've had it since Strangerville released though so not sure what it's called anymore. The windows and doors are from that pack also, it should be on the gallery. I love it, but have changed it a bit. It has living quarters below the church.

@Skeilah
    14- For the into the lab post. Lol I feel like Erwin and Noelle should become a thing! Anas went down pretty easy, did his brain explode?
    15- Mother down! Way to go, and the kids are beautiful they don't even need blue hair lol.
    16- Yahh Noel and Erwin! The twins human suits are cute too!
    17- Aww sweet proposal! Congrats! ...And what a way to finish a serial romance aspiration. Guess you have to start on the Soulmate one now!

@permanentrose
    133- And now, we fight. Awww Skeilah and Hugo. Max is like the perfect evil villian!.. and then he's dead lol. Absolutely great set up with that!
    134-Aww man you made me cry with the memory shots, whew. You maybe feeling burnt out but your still going strong. Defeat the mother, and get the kiss!
    135- So much in this post. Jules and Emmett finally together! What beautiful shots of Bex and Theresa! Hugo and Skeilah together in culinary heaven and even Jacques is happy! Glad you saved the age up for the next post!
    136- Ruby is really cute as a kid! Now you can relax for the month if you want and just play.

I hope you are doing better. I didn't read about your medical issues until the next day. I really enjoy Icabod in my other save. I might have to let him get away here or something.

@sassytxbrat
    14- Great house, definitely big enough. I'm glad Jake is moving in lol.. I feel like there's going to be a full house there eventually!
    15- Lol and I was right. Yeah with risky woohoo they are gonna keep coming. Jake may have to be a house husband!
    16- For the next update yeah Jake is a big help! Mia is getting progressing well. Sometimes with other sims in your household or story you have to focus on them too.
    17- Well you really dove into getting Mia ahead. Is it your goal to make sure she does everything she can aspiration wise before she can age up?

@Ellupelluellu
    Lol for no-towel Melody, maybe she wanted to get Malcolms attention!
    That house is really awesome. I love it, so quirky. Nice rocketship action too!

@Karababy52
    14- Looks like they have their plan for the lab. Wonderful background pictures and Frank is really good at poetry! Bendy will be impressed I hope.
    15- Love Erwin in your game. If you need it he can deliver! Omg when Josh and Essa are at the door my first thought is Josh is going to want to find a place to woohoo down there (not that you can).... so your last line killed me. Josh is pretty predictiable!
    16- Time for popeye! Lol.. okay they maed things worse.

-Something tells me I won't have the heart to have Icabod defeated entirely. I just really like his evil character. Also I gotta say Roxanne and Lenny are the worst secret agents ever! Who knows if they'll figure anything out!

@LegacySims2017
    14- So glad Jackson opened up some to Duane and Duane was great letting him have his bed to make sure he got a good night's sleep.
    15- Had to sneak that kava!
    16- Lol about adding in the Witches and Vamps to the dream. The game does that to us. Again with Duane being so good! Now Jackson can eat a little better.
    17- Slower day with beachcombing and fishing sounds peaceful.
    egTcBMc.png
  • miss_eulenaugemiss_eulenauge Posts: 250 Member
    edited May 2021
    @Hermitgirl just a quick commentfour-hour-planning session since I really need to get some sleep (Already distinctly past midnight here :# ):
    @everyone Since this morphed into a giant "I ramble about my plans to y'all because there's nobody to talk to about Sims in RL and you haven't protested yet; and I have so far edited this post at least seven times to insert more ideas and thoughts", I thougt it was time to put all this under a spoiler out of fear of annoying y'all.
    I did not say anything explicit, but if you're really worried about spoilers and do not want to know anything that goes further in time than the birth of the challenge Sim, not even vague ideas... Yeah... No. :wink:
    Don't worry, this family will not see any major tragedy! I couldn't bear it myself - Usually, I can't even watch movies rated higher than 14, if they involve people dying, or guns, or fire, or anything. And I get way too attatched to my Sims, so... :D
    [More explicit babbling about ideas and possibilities in here!] :wink:
    My thoughts so far were to use perhaps a little marriage crisis once Baby #5 is a child, or perhaps a mystery surrounding a friend (shoutout to @Skeilah and Noelle here), or perhaps a plotline involving an older sibling Kiddo #5 is really close with - that they have a rift with the parents, and Kiddo #5 gets dragged into it or something? Or something with a sibling she can't get along with at all, that are denigrating her in front of the parents? Or perhaps a combination, or something totally different...
    We'll see. The easiest possible explanation would be that Kiddo #5 just wanted to get away from all these people in the tiny house. But why she would do so without any simoleons, and set about purchasing a lot somewhere totally different...
    Well, I still have some time to think. But rest assured that no major tragedies will happen for this family - no planned ones, and I'm still unsure what I would do if the game decides to mess with me... Exit, or Take it?

But I'll think about the Amnesia, that might be quite fun as well. Heh... You're giving me ideas now!
    Edit 1: Yeah, I think this could be just perfect in combination with some of the other plans I was thinking about. Might be too much to handle without major packs, but we'll see. (Actually I was thinking more about it while writing and the ideas just kept coming... :smiley: )
    I'll definitely keep this in mind and might just ask some of you for CC help, if I can't pull it off without some. (@SoulGal7 - did you use CC for your Sylvan Glade Adventure?)
    Edit 2: Gah, I was just about to go to sleep, and now I just *have* to open my game to check whether some things are possible or not... And write everything down... Oops... :#
    Edit 3: Definitely seems to be possible with careful planning (and I am rewriting this whole thing. Gah!) I might ask for CC help if it isn't possible without.
    I might even temporarily remove my Challenge Sim's reward traits to really start with a clean slate like everybody else, when she turns into a teen and starts out on her own. I would of course give them back together with her memories, or on her YA birthday...
    The possibilities are endless! :smiley:

Edit 4: We'll see if I have the time and energy to do so much story. But I really want to!
    Perhaps I could do a schedule of "play my One SimDay on one day, write the post the next day"? Like, I'd still do something for the challenge every day, but halve the daily workload, so I could still hopefully post fun story stuff? I know it was meant as "one photo per day" by @Karababy52 (tagging you since I feel like you get to decide what's okay and what is meh in the spirit of this challenge) But for me, it has just evolved into "one update per Sim day", so...
    But I could perhaps post a "sneek peek" for the next day's update on the play-days so there still is one photo per day, and only cut down the "real" updates to every other day?
    ... Has anyone understood what I wanted to say here? My brain feels quite fried because I stayed up too long, I have to admit. Might try some of that for tomorrow's (today's) update though. There won't be happening much anyway.

Edit 5: No matter what will actually happen ingame, thank you so much for that suggestion. I feel like being able to concentrate on one Sim's history and my cool plans for them was excatly what I needed to get rid of the increasing monotony of playing such a big household, where I can't just let everyone roam free or take them to outings because of realistic reasons or money restraints. I look forward to letting go of all these people and not having to try and give them character, friends, etc. (And yes, my English gets worse when I get sleepy... As do the Typos! I just default to German Grammar and Expressions... Sorry about that. Guess it just has to show through somestimes that it's a foreign language for me... :D )

Edit 6: (I should really stop editing this and using this for monologues about my game. O.o Anyway... Where was I?)
    @Skeilah could you put Noelle and Erwin on the Gallery so I can start playing around with them? I'll use the versions your MCC produces for the final story, but just to test some stuff... ;) And I need to re-read your updates and see about perhaps snagging some more Aliens, and possibly your Simself Doctor too... Please tell me if you would like me to not "steal/reuse" this much of your Alien story, or if you'd like to know more detail about my plans, or anything... Or if I should better continue this in a PM :#
    There aren't any real connections, but I am definitely feeling inspired by your Alien plot from this month, so this is something like "Part 2" featuring many of the same characters.

Hope you all had a great day/night/evening, were able to sleep enough, recovered from any illnesses and are feeling great etc.
    Bye until some time after sleep & Uni! (Hopefully. Unless I have more ideas! O.o - Or unless I end up almost completely redoing a house & lot I was saving for this challenge to acommodate all the new ideas, because I feel so inspired. Yeah. Well... Moving on... Sleep!)
    Post edited by miss_eulenauge on
    | Amelia Britton - A Lifetime of Sims || Louise Aldrich - A Year-Long Challenge |
    time zone: Berlin, Germany - EA Gallery ID: Noctuara
  • sassytxbratsassytxbrat Posts: 225 Member
    @Hermitgirl
    Yes, exactly. the reason I started her as a toddler is so she can earn everything available at each age.
    ~Teresa~
    My Sims 4 Gallery // EA ID: TSmetana
  • permanentrosepermanentrose Posts: 3,789 Member
    @sassytxbrat
    Are you doing three months as a teen once she ages up? You'll have plenty of time to do the character values if you don't get them all done when she's a kid in that case - even one month as a teen would probably be enough :)

@IllusoryThrall
    I think Jaz might start questioning her gender more after going to the doctor, I think that the doctor perhaps will shed some insight :)

@Hermitgirl
    I always love Winterfest in your game. Roxanne has such a fun relationship with Clement and that heart she got was perfect haha. It will be cool to see if the blue mist will affect Rubanoid - I'm thinking not, which is why you're having him come. But since there is technically a sim behind the servo suit, who knows...thanks for your comments on my story too :)

@Karababy52
    Thanks for your compliments about Ruby - I didn't have to change much, she was a pretty decent looking kid. I always change eyebrows and give a skin overlay. Ruby's lips were a bit large too, so I did size them down a bit. But other than that, Mario and Jules gave her good genetics, and I was happy to find some hair that matched her toddler style too. Made her feel less like a completely different kid - it's always a bit startling to age up a kid from a toddler - there's such a gap.

I noticed that Jules would slip into a possessed state randomly - when I played the mystery with Rose, I played it rather fast, so I don't think Rose had time to get possessed again. When Jules was back near the lab too, I noticed she had a higher chance of slipping into a possessed state again. So I wonder if you'll notice that with Josh and Essa too. The possessed state never lasted longer than 3 hours though.

I'll PM you with overlays and hair. And no worries, I never mind a novel of a reply :)
  • EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,782 Member

Melody Connors.. and dude.

day 6 , May

Wj2UmrW.png
    Basically whole their day was upgrading their rocket. Also they visited the library again, for researching the archives. I need both of them to have full folder, so taking this at snail speed.
    8JPL5w4.png
    That thing gave her electric shock.. tiny tho..
    FePVbPl.png
    There you go! Revenge is sweet! Stoooooopiiiid machine!
    3IDBAHl.png
    That mush of been a king idea there, Malcolm!

Melody Connors.. and dude.

day 7, May

3NYt6oA.png
    All morning and afternoon went at the lab, Melody who has high level in programming , hacked the evidences from the computers, and Malcolm, who has high level at handiness, repaired the machines. They were able to do that 2 times. From library they got the last missing ones.
    3tE3Vmg.png
    After Malcolm was sure the roof is NOT collapsing at him..
    aYiIzXx.png
    ...she hacked...
    r3rDfkT.png
    ... and he repaired.
    9ywjVnE.png
    C4bzlNW.png
    yeah, perfect chef!
    GaTZ6Kv.png
    Melody: "This tasted weird..."
    Malcolm: "Naah, it's the air.. "
    TJ0lVTg.png
    yocv8dr.png
    back at the library...
    RVAlayS.png
    It was late night when Melody finally got all her evidence.. took some time to get her and that hat dude to be enough friends :)

My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina
    @permanentrose
    she will be doing 2 months as a teen, but yeah she has plenty of time. I keep forgetting that she will be a teen for a long time.
    ~Teresa~
    edited May 2021
    May - Day 17: "What is done, cannot be undone, but one can prevent it from happening again."

5WZujeB.png

Notes
    25UVG55.png
    Essa and Josh again looked over the folder of formulas and other information they had kept back rather than give it to Erwin. They discovered one of the key ingredients was the strange fruit they had seen atop the large bizarre plant. Another, was spore clusters found by using something called an Infection Scanner.

Josh thought he might be able to get a couple of those on base, or they could always ask their trusted friend Erwin if he had any when they went to pick up the Hazmat suits.

After awhile, both had enough of trying to decipher everything after the harrowing day they'd had. Essa decided to try finishing a knitting project and since Josh found it relaxing to knit as well, he joined her on the front porch.

BFzqA90.png
    (I wish I hadn't yelled at her today. It really was a great idea. She's so smart, stubborn, but smart.)

NYp7PnX.png
    (Just look at her, calmly knitting away, totally focused. She puts everything into whatever she's doing at the moment.)

ciOV0Fi.png
    (She'll make a wonderful Mom. I hope we live through this and that the infection hasn't hurt our chances at having children.)

AcgJA1y.png
    (Maybe we weren't exposed long enough and it won't be permanent. Whether we can have kids or not though, as long as we're together, that's all that matters.)

uNMcKNB.png
    (Why didn't I listen to him? He was right, he's always right. I wonder what we'll find down there when we go back. Why did they just leave it there though? Is it loose and roaming around in the Lab? Did we shut that door? Oh man, I don't think we did! Will it escape now? Gawd, I hope not!

I hope we're not still infected. I've never seen an infected person during the day though, only at night. It's night and we're not possessed now, so maybe we weren't exposed long enough? Oh Josh, I'm so sorry I did this to you.)

Danj8f5.png
    Essa and Josh both sat, rocking to and fro, lost in their thoughts until day began to break.

c2AQ0jt.png
    Essa went to tend and harvest the garden.

IK6CLCd.png
    While Josh grabbed something to eat before he had to get ready for work. He got a nasty surprise in the kitchen sink. Colorful vines similar to the bizarre plants crawled there way up through the plumbing.

trYdxzq.png
    (Hmm, interesting. So now it's roots are invading the pipes. No wonder so many of those things can grow overnight. Gross! How does it grow so fast though? It never did that before. Maybe because we let the spores out, it can spread faster now? Great, just great.)

yEwmnAC.png
    It was all Josh could do to keep from screaming and running out of the kitchen as he tried to clear out the vines in the sink. The vines seemed to try to grab hold of his arm and it had a slimy, barbed texture to them.
    (Ew, ew, ew, ew! I hope Essa never has to see this. She WILL scream.)

k7RR6rh.png
    Josh wasn't hungry anymore after seeing what was in the sink. He wandered outside and just stood, staring at the Lab and the menacing swirling clouds above it. The sky was now a sickly green too. He wondered just what the heck was down there that could do all this? Perhaps Essa was right, it had to be some kind of alien.
    (I hope I can be discreet enough to find someone that knows something, anything on base today and won't report me for asking questions. Or at least knows where to get those Infection Scanners. There might be some still at the Lab too. I guess we'll find out when we go back next week.)

6Ou3jP6.png
    After Josh left for the base, Essa decided to make his favorite dish, Blackened Bass, to surprise him for dinner later that night.

kJh5DGd.png
    While she was doing that, Frank was practicing more lines for the Acting career he hoped to have one day. He had a particular interest in Simspearian plays and poems at the moment. But he liked changing them a bit to make them more personal.

Bendy.wherefore.art.thou.Bendy...

8sFkmNj.png
    The mail arrived and the keycard Josh had requisitioned was included along with the bills and a few other things.
    (Not that we really need it anymore. But it'll be good to have a back-up.)

jPu1BoU.png
    Essa went upstairs to her office intending to do some research on chemical equations. If there were no jars of vaccine in the Lab, and they needed to try making a vaccine themselves, she should at least have a bit more knowledge than she currently had on how to decipher the formulas.

Frank must've been confused about which computer was the real Bendy since Essa was currently using the one he'd fallen in love with. This 'Bendy' was similar though and made his metal heart clang, so it was good enough for him.

3UpkhUy.png
    Josh came home from the base with a promotion! He was now a Courageous Captain! Plus, he'd been able to acquire two Infection Scanners! It had been a good day despite all the tension from everyone talking about the latest going on in StrangerVille.

He knew what they would be doing later tonight, scanning for spore clusters, but right now all he wanted was a shower.

xwdMHUM.png
    Or maybe not. Apparently the vines had invaded more of the plumbing now. He was greeted by the sight of them slithering out of the shower drain.

YjNAmGV.png
    (Dangit! If this keeps up I won't be able to keep it from Essa. I hope those gross things don't start coming out when she's taking a shower, or using a sink. GAH! So grosssssss!)

pvKJmFy.png
    Josh grabbed some gloves and cleaning supplies. He then ripped the vines out and tried to disinfect the tub. Hopefully Essa wouldn't wander in here wondering why his shower was taking so long. Maybe he should just tell her so she wouldn't be so freaked out if it happened her?
    (Yeah, I better. Maybe we should just move away and not deal with all this. Let the scientists and the military...oh, wait, I am military.)
    (You wouldn't really do that anyway.)
    (No I wouldn't. I'm not a coward and I don't run from my responsibilities. Besides if we don't try to stop this, it'll just get worse and...maybe take over everywhere! Not just in StrangerVille.)

Ygyz5r7.png
    After cleaning the tub, Josh made himself take a shower in there to prove he could do it, and without staring at the drain the whole time...well, he did stare at it, but that's beside the point.

A short while later, he sought out Essa, needing to feel close to her, scanning for spore clusters could wait. They ended up skipping dinner too. Neither one was very hungry anyway. At least for food. He left Essa in bed to sleep for the night and wandered outside to practice casting spells. The sky would've been beautiful to him except for the fact he knew why it was a brilliant bluish green. It just made him sick inside instead.
    Post edited by Karababy52 on
  • SkeilahSkeilah Posts: 1,762 Member
    @permanentrose
    Ahhhh, Ruby is adorable <3 Before we know it, she's all grown up! I could see a little grownup Ruby in her at that science table, lol. Lets keep her little for a while, right? Right :P Pickle is so dorky, following everyone, everywhere! I love him.

@miss_eulenauge
    I'm also impatient with everything lol. Can't go fast enough! I always play with normal aging on and sometimes even then I'm like "Uuughhh, when are they going to growww?" hahaha. Seems like I wasn't the only one with the idea of engaging ;p I don't think this post is unbelievable or something. In my head, Sarah and Greg are already together for such a long time, so it's about time they got married if they wanted to make 5 kids like that ;p

Bryon didn't jump in Naoki's arms like that when he proposed lol. Maybe it's because he's a guy :') I think that's a cute 'pose'.

Maybe they all go on some kind of vacation and your Sim gets lost. They can't find your challenge sim back, and he or she suddenly has to try and live from nothing - lol. That would be too intense, wouldn't it? xDD

I just arrived at your massive post :') If you want, you can always ramble to me. Rose and I talk on Discord like almost every second of the day lol, but it's a really easy way to talk (way easier than for example PM on the forums). Idk if you're familiar with Discord, but if you are, you may always add me: Skeilah#3953.

You can also make your own thread where you just dump everything you want to dump. Just so you don't lose anything important in this mega-thread.

Yeh, better not go kill someone lol. In that case, use the vacation idea of mine above HAHAHAHA! You have a lot of nice ideas. Idk which one I would choose. I'm actually plotting my next story already, and it's about why Naoki doesn't seem to have any family. Naoki just showed up one day and I went with him being a traveller, but he never really told anyone about what's before that.. And I'm finally to the point where I want to comb that out. It's something with Naoki wanting to get away from his family because they're nothing like him and blahblah, but don't want to spoil you too much ;p But I guess something like that could work for your Sim too.

I would just take anything the game gives me. Even if it's something I didn't have planned. I can answer you that SoulGal doesn't use any kind of CC/mods. She's playing all without it. I'm always very impressed with that. I couldn't do that.

I also play one Simday per day, but that's just how I like to play. I love that the game day matches the real day lol. Guess that's my OCD-side :D You just do whatever feels good to you. At the moment my updates are shorter because I just don't have the time to play a lot, and I also have other stories I want to keep up with. And then I have this massive school-deadline on May 31 and I still have a lot to do... Yet here I am, writing comments lol.

I'll put Noelle and Erwin on the Gallery soon. First have to do some work after I finish this post. I'll try to do it at noon :) Hahahahah my Simself doctor! Omg I love seeing my Simself in all these other stories. No no, I love seeing all my sims somewhere else! And I don't mind spoilers at all. I love to talk about stuff and spoil stuff from my own story once in a while. See Discord invitation above :D

@LegacySims2017
    Duane is such a good friend, doing all that stuff for Jackson. Too bad he mostly found non-inventory bottles when beach combing. Did he put those back in the ground? xD Can't wait to find out what kind of fun stuff he found ;p

@Hermitgirl
    Haha, hello Clement! Clement said it, Lenny has to go. Yup. Such a smart Rubanoid.

Hahaha, when you said 'I feel like Erwin and Noelle should become a thing' and then two updates later, they actually are :D Thanks about Bryon and Naoki! I'm going to do the Soulmate aspiration soon, yes :) but there are also a lot of other aspirations to tackle down. So many... :D

@sassytxbrat
    You've done a lot already with Mia! I'm already happy if I manage to do the aspirations and the skills alone, lol. I don't think I've said it already before, but Eli is super cute, and soooo different from his sister. It's adorable <3 Hehe, aliens showing up everywhere. I love it. How do you invite kids from school? Its nice to have some friends, but I have no clue on how to gather all these kids. Hahahaha, poor Mia, realising she made a mistake for calling school that she won't be coming tomorrow.

@IllusoryThrall
    Aw man. Only by reading the first sentence I'm like 'oh no, she had such good days, what'll happen to ruin it??'. And then... It's the principle. Poor Jaz. She just wants to go to the toilet in peace and not being laughed at... And now she almost got suspended. Even Marnie and Bennie don't know what to do :D I hope they can find some welfare fundings and everything will be fine again soon for Jaz. It's so not okay that Benji just starts to laugh when Jaz tries to explain something. Poor Jaz. Luckily Elsa is there to comfort her a bit. She's a good friend.

@Karababy52
    Thanks about Bryon and Naoki!! The wedding will probably be somewhere this weekend, because it'll be HUGE! Probably my most intense wedding in the entire history. I still don't like doing weddings, but for this once... Let's just go with it and go all out.

I'll comment on your TBD update later when I've done some work and if you updated it by then :) I wouldn't want to do updates and skip you! Have a great day too!!

@Ellupelluellu
    Upgrading a rocket is very important! Been there too!

Nice team! They find that evidence at full speed!
    koppTCP.pngSubscribe to my WordPress blog to stay updated!
    edited May 2021
    *Updated my May 17th post above! Headed out to feed my kitties and get some rest. I'll be back later to comment and reply. Have a good one! <3
    Update 137 - Can I have this dance?

z2B1z3A.png

Notes:
    A new day has dawned. Ruby woke up and fed the dog.
    EiOk3Z9.png

And made some cute faces while eating cereal.
    Ys21UkT.png

Jules tended to her garden, which has thankfully now all grown back and is harvestable, because Jules needed a good super sell. This house was pretty expensive, and Jules hasn't been making any money so far this month, and somehow they've ended up with only like §4000. So that will be a nice change of pace to actually need to earn money again :)
    8Bwco1O.png

The mail arrived, and it was some fanmail for Jules.
    H4XJ4FW.png

And this was the only new thing in her inventory upon opening it (not sure why it says it was caught by her). I laughed though - leave it up to some deranged fan to send her a foul fish :D Since I don't have Get Famous, this is the closest to fame Jules will get.
    tYvfxlp.png

It was a gorgeous day, so Ruby and Jules headed over to a small playground in the area. Jules made an excellent sea monster.
    KlDggWk.jpg
    eDgcTzG.png

And they arrived home to see Emmett practicing his marching. Idk why, but this really made me laugh, just watching Emmett aimlessly march around :D
    z4Egoju.jpg

It was also the TV Premiere holiday, so Jules made some popcorn so they could watch together as a family. Poor Pickle was terrified of the popper.
    ReGIQVT.jpg

Everyone was in good spirits as they munched on their snack and fulfilled the holiday tradition.
    V8wJuXu.jpg

It is (finally!) Winterfest again in my game in two days (I decided after Winterfest I'm going to rework my calendar and switch to 14 day seasons, since 28 day ones are just taking too long to get through for this challenge. This is only the second time I've reached Winterfest in 5 months of play lol.) Mario picked Ruby up in the evening so she could spend the day with his family tomorrow and celebrate Winterfest early and then come back to be with Jules' and Emmett for actual Winterfest. I actually did move her into Mario's household temporarily so I wouldn't need to focus on her needs and could just enjoy my time with Emmett and Jules :)

Emmett went down to the basement to get the artificial tree they had stowed there so they could decorate it tomorrow when Ruby returned, and he put away some furniture to make room for it.
    t8olNX8.jpg

Meanwhile, Jules went up to the attic to search for their other decorations. While she was up there, she found some old Western style clothing that the previous owners must have left there. She decided to try on one of the outfits, including the hat and a pair of boots, and was pleased to find that they fit almost perfectly
    tbRLmpK.png

"What are you wearing?" Emmett smiled when he saw her, and she explained about clothing she had found and told him she had found a suit that seemed like it might fit him as well, if he wanted to try them on just for fun.

So he went upstairs to change, and came downstairs looking quite handsome.
    syhtNJH.png

He then commanded their Lin-Z speaker to play some retro music, and, with a Western drawl in his voice, asked Jules, "Would like to dance with me, m'lady?"
    Siolq3b.png

"I would love to," she answered in the same Western drawl, a smile on her lips.
    xwcZ0fM.jpg

So they danced, enjoying the uninterrupted moment.
    lc3iCg3.png

"This is perfect," Jules told him, leaning her head against his shoulder and letting out a sigh of contentment. "I never dreamed life would be this perfect."
    6GL13W3.png

"Everyday feels perfect when I'm with you," Emmett spoke against her ear. "I know that sounds corny, but it's true."
    YyMAJmB.png

"I love you, Emmett," she told him, not the first time she had spoken the words. Each time she said them, she felt her heart well up with adoration.
    mVY5DUI.png

"So, so much."
    3ywT6Tu.png

And with that, he dipped her into another kiss. "I love you, too. More than words can even express."
    5xyUCkI.png

--
    Dang, so corny, I know lol. But these two need some sappy moments after all I've put them through <3 Also Pickle was underfoot the entire time, but I love it. That's the way pets are in real life haha.

Also I realized that Ruby wasn't enrolled in school. I have my MCCC settings set to allow kids and teens to drop out of school, so I think it makes the game treat school as an after school activity so they have to actively enroll now. Fixed it though and she's enrolled now, she'll start on Monday :)
    @Skeilah
    Mia setup a club with just kids in it and then started a gathering.
    ~Teresa~
    edited May 2021
    @Skeilah
    Yeah! *happy dance* It is so heartwarming to see these two lovebirds, and now they're getting married! <3
    As for your post: Thank you so much for that lovely long post, that made me really happy :blush: I'll reply to you on Discord, I use it quite a lot for Uni and Free time, and am on @IllusoryThrall's Discord Server. If you haven't seen it yet - I think it is really great. ;)
    Re Sarah and Greg's marriage: You have to keep in mind that they don't really want all those kids, they just aren't careful enough for the sake of the challenge - it is just my attempt at having them have a big family with both of them consenting on it.
    Good luck with your school deadline!

@permanentrose
    Ruby looks so good as a kid! I think you did really well, capturing her growing up, but also her carefree side in that rockingchair - I think that Photo was my favourite one out of the whole post.

@LegacySims2017
    Yeah for Jackson, now he can eat some "real food"! (Guess you got tired of seeing that moodlet, huh?) And I love your explanation for where the fishing pole comes from - might have to snag that ;)

@Hermitgirl
    Happy Winterfest! I like how you took all these unusual Sims and just made them Part of Roxanne's Gang - and it feels so in Character for her!

@sassytxbrat
    I think Mia is making very good progress. I love all the Aliens just wandering around :) Haha, Eli just wants to dance, no matter if there's blue people next to him! :D

@IllusoryThrall
    Aw, so sorry for Jaz! It just looked like life got a little better for her them... Hopefully the Doctor will be nice and be able to help them! I still envy your writing skills, I can see so well what's happening, and how they feel :blush:

@Ellupelluellu
    Yay for them getting the evidence & the Rocket! We love our Towel couple :D

@Karababy52
    Beautiful post & Pictures. I hope they will be able to get rid of the infection without any permanent health damage. Also Ewwww for those vines! Poor Josh & Essa. I love how they seem so perfectly in sync and are happy together even if one of them makes a mistake or something. (Side note: I think you forgot to change the title? There's still "TBD" as title of your post ;) ) I see you edited it, and I wanted to note that love the titles you choose, with all the deep meaning :blush:
    '
    | Amelia Britton - A Lifetime of Sims || Louise Aldrich - A Year-Long Challenge |
    @Ellupelluellu
    Melody and Malcolm are always quite the team, though I feel like it's usually Malcolm breaking/pranking things and Melody cleaning up after him. Fun of them to switch roles for once :D Nice work with the rocket - I need to have Jules make one eventually so she can finish the grilled cheese aspiration, and I think there's another aspiration that needs a rocket ship too. I just can't think of a reason for her to need to build a rocket ship :D I love how Melody and that blonde cooked up a meal to eat in the lab too :D Good work with the mystery!

@Karababy52
    The lighting is starting to look so eerie in your shots due to the strange weather. love it. Cute to have them both knitting on the porch too. Such a sad thought from Josh, about the infection affecting Essa's fertility :( It's good this is only the sims and stuff like that isn't affected, because in real life it probably would be. Ahhhh, the plants in the plumbing have begun. It's sweet that Josh is trying to take care of cleaning those up so Essa doesn't have to worry about them. The Strangerville weather really is so beautiful and eerie. Makes for some cool screenshots. I always love being at this stage in the mystery. Things just feel so tense and exciting.
    edited May 2021
    Question for anyone who owns the Kid’s Room Stuff pack - is it worth it to buy full price, in your opinion? Just thought I might get it while Ruby is a kid since I really tend to use packs well and to their full potential when it comes to this challenge. Slowly building up my pack collection this year :)

Ruby will be a kid at least through the end of June, maybe even some of July too, so really there’s no rush, was just wondering what anyone’s thoughts were!
    I don't own it, but thought I'd answer anyway since I was debating to buy it in the last sale, and watched some reviews on it. I think it depends on your playstyle and on your house style. If you have space & money in your houses or parks for kid's items, and want to do cute activities with kids, and have time to focus on a single kid and what it does, I think it is a great pack. I feel like it is best for a kid with some friends from school, or a club, or something.

I.e. I think it would be perfect for Mia and you in this family, but there's other great packs too... Are you trying to choose between this pack and another one, or how do you want to do it?
    May 18
    QUJlsb5.png
    Link to blogpost

Bryons Diary
    Let’s use a few of the following days to give updates about the other Sims who are living in the background of this story.

First, Jess and Johnny. They decided to stay in Strangerville forever. Now that everything is back to normal, nothing stops them from ever moving out of Strangerville again.

wXp95cy.png
    They adopted Waffle and Nacho from us, you know, the kittens. They are now full grown cats. No worries, Roo will stay with us. Forever.

mweE8SY.png
    Talking about Roo: she got spayed.

(At first she got sick but back then I didn’t have the time to play. When I opened the game the next time, Roo was better, but I already put a vet lot in Strangerville lol)

96fenmi.png
    I shouldn’t laugh, but this is funny.

zpKZDwr.png
    The new vet in Strangerville is run by a guy named George Cahill. Nice man! I hope he'll do some great business.

NJXUwGK.png
    Isaius recently took the step to start an actual family with Gabbie. Meet Gilles, their son. Isn't he so cute?? I’m uncle Bryon now. Can you believe it? Sounds cool, right??

ngg2P82.png
    I heard from Isaius that Skeilah and Hugo also got a son. Apparently they got their kid on Winterfest. In a very special way...

(Father Winter) “Ho ho ho. Merry Christmas! Enjoy your present!”
    (Hugo) “What present?”
    (Skeilah) “Hugooooo!!! The baby’s coming!!”
    (Hugo) “OH NO!!!”

02Vxe2m.png
    Meet Sam!

More tomorrow!
    @Skeilah All the kids are cute and everything, but how dare you keep me on edge, if Noelle and Erwin got some additions too?! And what about Anas??? :D
    That is, if I interpreted that "more tomorrow" right as "let's check in with the others tomorrow"... :#
    Also these pets are just way too cute. I need to buy Cats&Dogs so I can ask for a decendant of Roo! :D
    edited May 2021
    This is an experiment I wanted to make about playing two SimDays on one day and only posting one photo, and then posting the rest of the update on the next day, when I don't have to play and have more time to write.
    I am not sure I like it. I think this method helped me focus on the important "plot" elements to cut down on writing time, but I didn't really like playing two SimDays at once, and I didn't like not writing on the same day I have played on. We'll see. Perhaps I will only do it on days like this, where not much has happened on Day 1???
    Yeah. I think I really don't think this method suits me as much. I could try to adopt the Focus on plot elements into the daily updates, though...
    What do you think?
    last Update | Overview post&rules
    Update 14 - Bridgeview

gjUk9C4.png

Sarah's Diary
    The past few days were really hectic. Bills came, we needed to pay for the wedding... Yeah. I will just say that we managed to squeeze through and succeed as a family.
    More later, I am really tired. I want to join Greg in bed and enjoy the precious time we have as a couple.

Schedule
    I am planning to play for 14 months, starting on the 1st of June with the Main Sim's toddler birthday. In May I will set up the rest of the family and play the Main Sim's baby stage. After that: 2 weeks as a toddler, 1 1/2 months as a child, 3 months as a teen, 3 months as a Young Adult, 3 months as an Adult and 3 months as an Elder for the Main Sim.
    For all others, I will use these MCC settings, starting on 1st of June, so it roughly works. (Combined, the Teen, YA, Adult and Elder stages are exactly 365 days right now).
    • Pregnany: 5 days
    • Baby: 7 days
    • Toddler: 14 days
    • Child: 45 days
    • Teen: 90 days
    • Young Adult: 93 days
    • Adult: 92 days
    • Elder: 90 days
    This might change when I get a feeling for the challenge. I will possibly extend this for a next Gen, or extend the YA and Adult stages, if I get Brindleton Bay and subsequent other worlds. And if I manage to stick around that long.
    I will start playing in Bridgeview (Newcrest) with a big family and the Baby No. 5 as main sim. I will move neighborhood each month, alternating the worlds. This starts as soon as the Main Sim turns teen.
    I want to work on roughly two aspirations per month with my Main Sim, or, better said, on about 3 goal sets of the "Master Simmer" challenge to try and get all achievements - mainly because with my current packs there are 38 goal sets - 3,1666 per month. (See Rules).
    I think with normal play, I'll never get there! But with so much time to stretch out the skilling, it might work. And it will definitely keep me from getting bored. ;)

Characters
    --Gallery (Sims and houses): Hashtag #onemonthoneworldoneyear, Name "One Sim - Fam. Britton". My gallery name is Noctuara.
    Parents: Sarah and Greg Britton. They live on the 20x15 "Comfy Cubby" in Bridgeview, Newcrest.
    Kids: Sophia & Mark (Twins)
    • Greg Britton - Greg is a young adult who has a strong interest in Gaming and Computers and is quite a Geek. Unfortunately, he also is a bit slobby and mean. Due to his history, he is a bit troubled, has Bad Manners, is Irresponsible, Argumentative and Insensitive. But he can be nice as well... if he tries his best... (and I help him by x-ing out all his autonomous mean&mischievous interactions from the Parenthood traits) He was working in business, but hated it. So he enrolled for a Programming course and is now a freelance programmer listed with an agency. On the side, he participates in Novice Tournaments.
    • Sarah Britton - Sarah on the other hand wants to be the best parent possible, even though she is a Young Adult herself. She is very neat, good and loves being with her family. She found a job as Freelancer Artist to try and keep the two of them afloat.
    • Sophia Britton - The firstborn, and the twin of Mark. She is a child now. She continues to be very independent and to prefer doing things alone, preferably developing her mental skills.
    • Mark Britton - The secondborn and the twin of Sophia. He is a child now too. He hasn't lost his toddler charm, and likes being outdoors, where he has a lot of space to run around and play.
    • Miles Britton - The thirdborn. He is a toddler loving to entertain his entire family with jokes and cute giggles.
    others:
    • Gary Whelan, a friend of Greg from high school. Lives on "Oak Alcove", 20x15, Bridgeview. He is a Bro, Geek and Active. He works as a Game developer.
    • Fam. Aldrich, the neighbours and friends of Sarah. They live on the 30x20 "Fernpark" in Bridgeview. Elderly Pamela lives here with her Grandchildren after both parents died in a plague at young years. Pamela loves to Garden, cook at spend time with her Grandchildren. And if she had the time (and I the money), she'd love to learn to knit. Readhed Alexia, already a Young Adult, is the image of her mother. She loves to paint, channeling all her emotions on the canvas. She feels heavily responsible for her younger siblings, Tessa and Joey (twins). Tessa loves to make crafts like her big Sister and is very creative, while Joey has a lot of Energy and is very much into sports.

@Skeilah
    Great check in with everyone. Love Roo in her cone lol. Also enjoyed that George Cahill is running a vet clinic now that Strangerville is back to normal. And Hugo and Skeilah’s winterfest surprise takes the cake. You can’t plan shots like that 😂

@miss_eulenauge
    it’s hard to know how much to play sometimes. I’m never strict with just one day, and sometimes I even pretend more time has passed than what actually has. For me, my updates end up being about storytelling more than how much time I play. Some days are short, others are long. Just post what’s easy and natural for you! Sometimes even playing less than a full sim day ends up being enough :) or play more but only get screenshots for some of it. You’ll figure it out :)
    @Skeilah All the kids are cute and everything, but how dare you keep me on edge, if Noelle and Erwin got some additions too?! And what about Anas??? :D
    That is, if I interpreted that "more tomorrow" right as "let's check in with the others tomorrow"... :#
    Also these pets are just way too cute. I need to buy Cats&Dogs so I can ask for a decendant of Roo! :D

We’ve already seen Erwin and Noelle, and nothing new is to be mentioned yet😂 I mean, my MCCC isn’t THAT fast 😂 more tomorrow indeed means - tomorrow we’ll check in on more Sims.
  • EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,782 Member
    @SoulGal7 ,
    about your "morning after updates" .. I was like GRRRR at Sakura because she overthinks! I know she does, I do that IRL :D And Wolfie, be a man and TELL HER!! Okay, rant over, sorry :joy:

@Hermitgirl ,
    haha thanks :) I was my eyes wide open, when I saw her coming out from the trailer without the towel :p Took some time to get an angle what I could actually use :p

@Karababy52 ,
    Oh that porch looks GREEN! And oh, dear, Frank.. haha that was actually very sweet :p And congrats to Josh! Promotion, ain't he handsome now??!!!

@Skeilah ,
    Thank you :) Aww great update, it is nice to see everyone are having such a lovely time for a change :)

@permanentrose ,
    Haha yes, It was pretty fun finally to have Melody to broke things, not Malcolm :p I do not even remember what is that other aspiration what would need rocket building skill, I tried to find it but maybe I just missed it :) I originally needed the rocket ship for their travel to space.. not that far far far away yet, just to Sixam :)
    Aaww, lovely update, they all seem so happy now :)

Regarding the kids room stuff, it is nice yes, but you have to have pretty large room for kids to use all :)

@miss_eulenauge ,
    Thank you :) Malcolm still needs couple evidence, but gladly there are plenty of ways to get those :)
    Ouch! Bills.. yeah , weddings do cost a bit.

My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina
    I play/write/post one day at a time, but may play several days in one real life day. Like I haven't actually played since last week some time, but still have updates scheduled through May 23. And I am flipped, I have to write the same day I play because tomorrow I won't remember why I took this picture or that one. :)
    It really is whatever works best for you, find your comfort zone in how you are doing it and also giving yourself some grace to do today different just because you feel like, or don't feel like it. :):)
    ~Teresa~
  • LegacySims2017LegacySims2017 Posts: 5,226 Member
    edited May 2021
    @SoulGal7
    Duane is too much a part of Jackson's life now to take him out for Month 2 ~ World 2 and on.

@permanentrose
    The only major mod I have is MC Command Center. I have other small ones as well, but MCCC is what I use a lot. It does allow teenagers to do adult things that the game doesn't allow without mods, but sadly drinking kava wasn't one of them. I think it worked great to just age them up, snap a shot of them drinking, and age them back down again. I think the image shot of that one is one of my favorites. The look on Jackson's face. :grimace:

@Hermitgirl
    It made me laugh seeing L. and Vlad just chilling having a conversation at the beach. Not sure if Vlad got his thirst taken and stuck around or just decided to stop by and enjoy the kava party. :tongue:

I'm just imagining Jackson using his phone a lot as well, cause only beachcombing and fishing can make for a very long day.

@Skeilah
    We can assume Jackson threw away the trash he found as he continues to also clean up the junk in the ocean around the beach he lives on. Some of the treasures he found are doubles, so it will be nice for him to sell those and make some simoleons.

So, as of right now I am just looking at all the awesome daily images of all the stories. Don't have time to dive into reading them all yet. But I do enjoy looking at the images and reading any captions if there are any. When I saw your May 18 one, I was like... "That looks so much like Jess Ridley!" to find out it is. :grimace:

@miss_eulenauge
    Now he has hot dogs, veggie dogs, and marshmallows to add to his other three of cereal, yogurt, and granola. Still not much of a variety, but it's something.

Feel free to snag the fishing pole concept of how my Sim received it. I didn't want to have a fishing pole magically appear. It fits that it would be something Duane gave to Jackson.
    Visit LegacySims.net!
    pol-reese.gif
    (Twitter Me: LSims2017)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top