Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What happened in your sims 3 game today?

Comments

• SleepstarSleepstar Posts: 816 Member
    edited May 2021
    I haven't really been playing recently as my laptop has been having quite a few issues with the Windows Update. It's running a lot better today so I will fit in a play session. I'll be playing a lot more after next week now that the football season is coming to an end
    Currently aiming to get all harvestable produce in The Sims 3 (One EP left)Will complete a Legacy one dayhttps://store.thesims3.com/myWishlist.html?persona=katcalls2k907 (My Wishlist)
  • MorgaineWitchMorgaineWitch Posts: 42 Member
    Tamijo-Thanks for the welcome. Yeah, I'm fairly new here. I'm rediscovering Sims for the first time since High School. Mainly playing Sims 3 because I enjoy all the content that comes with it.

Today on Sims:

Clara and Beau got past the awkward night and deepened their friendship. They hung out a lot before Clara goes to work and sometimes at night. Paramedic means longer hours for Clara. Also my sim "came into some money" and decided to move to and open lot to build a house instead of living in the apartment. Also Beau and Clara had a one night stand that resulted in a pregnancy. My lady now has six days off because she gets maternity leave and then it's her weekend off. She also discovered that Beau is actually married and is cheating on his wife. Not sure if I'm going to continue that relationship.

On my new save:

I started a second game in which my sim Rose Whitmore starts out with not much money and earns everything the old fashioned way. She finally got enough money to build a small house(read: kitchen, bathroom, bedroom). She married a guy named Cedrick who she went on quite a few dates with. They're in the honeymoon stage of their relationship so they kiss a lot. Anyway Cedrick finished his first novel and is now started on his second. Rose turned in her second commission painting and got 1000 dollars. They're also trying to have a baby but no dice yet.
  • AlexaKryAlexaKry Posts: 2,706 Member
    My new update is out and is here: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/950668/meet-the-helmquists-a-sims-3-story#latest
    fully readable.
    I´ll just post one picture here, because I can´t shorten the story or the number of pictures in a way the story would fit in here.
    So for everybody who is interested in them
    WpYi0Wo.jpg
    you can read the next chapter of their lives in full length at my thread.
    Sorry for the inconvenience!

@Brandontaylor : I´ve read your Langerak update and liked it very much, I like your plant Sim Daisy!
    I am so sorry that Melanie died! I just can´t see Sims dying, it is always so sad! :'(
    I wish you the very best for your vaccination tomorrow!
    I´ve had my first vaccine shot one and a half weeks ago and I still feel dizzy in my brain, but some say that there is no difference to my normal brain... :D
    I had some health problems with the vaccine, but I would always get it again if it can prevent me from getting Corona and/or spreading it to others! And I got this problems because my health is already in bad conditions, so I just hope that everything will be ok for you!!!
  • SleepstarSleepstar Posts: 816 Member
    As my previous Save kept freezing I decided to restart with a new Save, this time, in Hidden Springs.
    Currently aiming to get all harvestable produce in The Sims 3 (One EP left)Will complete a Legacy one dayhttps://store.thesims3.com/myWishlist.html?persona=katcalls2k907 (My Wishlist)
  • bekkasanbekkasan Posts: 10,171 Member

Mary Kendall, A Ghost Story
    Ready To Love

https://youtu.be/VllxDWt2k6E

Bekka greets Dr Pena apologizing for her work clothes. “I was working a job and didn't have time to go home and shower and change before the appointment.”
    “That is quite all right. Please sit down and tell me how you have been since your last session.”
    51144018917_45a2bd2103_o.jpg

Bekka hands her journal over to the doctor so she can look at her notes. So many positive emotions with the prevalent one being happy and the newest one is loved. She tells Dr Pena how well she has felt. She didn't experience any depression or uncontrolled anger episodes after her session two days ago. She relates her evening with Jamie and admitting to herself how much he means to her. “I couldn’t let him go off on that trip not knowing how much he means to me. I think he might be my soulmate. I know not all occult find their mates, but when we kissed it was like he became part of my soul and I became part of his. I think he has felt it since we met.”
    51144018882_ef4a9f7fc0_o.jpg

“How does that make you feel after all you have experienced?” Dr. Pena listens intently as Bekka talks.

“I have to admit I’m still a little scared. My parents were soulmates. They had a beautiful relationship. It wasn’t always perfect because they were complete opposites but the love was always there even when they had disagreements. Anyone around them could see that. Jamie has been very patient as well as persistent. He was literally on his way out the door to fly to Shang Simla when I held him back and kissed him. It was hard watching him go, but the trip could not be postponed."

"I want what my parents had and yeah, I’m still a little scared. I think it is more the normal fear when you know your life is about to get turned upside down and inside out." She grins at the doctor and follows up. "I don’t fear he would hurt me. I trust him. I find so much happiness and joy in his company. Jamie shows in many different ways how much he cares about me. He doesn't try to control me either. I hope his trip doesn't take too long. I know he will be busy helping with a situation when he returns. He said we would continue our conversation when he gets back."
    51145800280_394575eeaa_o.jpg

Dr Pena offers a few suggestions to help her with the fear and asks her to return in a week. “Of course, you can schedule sooner if you need me. Keep writing in your journal. It will help you focus on your emotions and not let them get out of hand.”
    51144018862_8358f04c5d_o.jpg

After a long flight and no sleep, Jamie arrives in Shang Simla. Peering out the window, it is too dark to see as the plane flies over the city landing at the airport. He takes a taxi to the hotel and gets a few hours of sleep before starting his day. He has a text from Bekka that makes him smile. He tries calling her back but has no signal. He will try once more in a little bit. He grabs a bike from the rack and following the instructions from the concierge he makes his way into town.
    51144696266_07f3c17afa_o.jpg
    51144018832_2ecf941b48_o.jpg

Jamie finds Lee Jun-fan at home and introduces himself. He explains his trip to not only talk with him but to find ingredients to make a potion to cure a curse.
    51144018807_d7eaaf12ac_o.jpg

Lee listens to Jamie and interrupts. “Sounds like you have two long stories. Let's talk over breakfast.”
    51145800175_b06b80f526_o.jpg

Lee shows Jamie the market place and both eat a delicious breakfast at the small cafe. Jamie gets a mushroom omelet and Lee a raspberry scone. While eating, Jamie explains Mary’s story and what has been discovered to try and help her. Lee is particularly interested that Layla was called in to help. He has never met her, but knows her reputation.
    “Was the oracle able to help with a prophecy?” he asks Jamie.
    51144018757_c7d1d9a17b_o.jpg
    51144919403_ef98743807_o.jpg

“Well, she spoke to the Fates and as you know divine prophecies are vague, lyrical and not very helpful at times. She collapsed after, from the curse, so has been unable to assist further. She is the other reason I am here. To collect ingredients for the local healer to cure the curse."
    "What type of curse?" Lee asks.
    "An aging curse."
    "Oh dear, that is not an easy one." he raises one brow in consternation.
    "Emmaline seemed to think she could do it once the ingredients were obtained."
    Lee nods his head. "I would like to hear more about the prophecy.
    Jamie recites it to Lee from memory.
    51144018747_b7020347e4_o.jpg

Lee does not like modern technology. He feels it interferes with his powers and abilities, so he borrows a scroll from the merchant and writes the prophecy down as Jamie recites it again.
    “Are you sure this is correct?”
    “Yes.” Jamie plays the original recording for Lee who listens carefully as he hears Layla’s voice from the phone.
    Lee asks to replay it once more, listening carefully to Layla’s inflections as she recounts the prophecy.
    “It is possible some modern tools are practical. It is most instructive hearing the original recitation." He looks thoughtful at Jamie's phone. "Please, visit the markets before searching the countryside for ingredients. Some may be available in the shops. I will be willing to help with the resurrection when the time comes. I will go home and meditate and study this prophecy and inform you of what I divine from it."
    Jamie thanks him for his support and offer to help.

"Not a problem, this is why I trained so I could assist others."
    51145800070_1a75263205_o.jpg

Jamie visits the merchants as suggested by Lee. He purchases a few things from his list. He also finds a few local recipe books and buys copies for Damien, Mary and Bekka since they love cooking. He sees a beautiful kimono that he wants to buy for Bekka. He wonders if it is too early in their relationship to be buying clothing? He shrugs and buys it anyway.
    51145800035_1862a539c7_o.jpg
    51145800025_1643551d56_o.jpg

A specific fish must be caught and brought back, and one of the merchants gave Jamie directions to a fishing spot. It is an idyllic spot to merely sit and contemplate and think about life. He’s never been much for fishing, so this may take awhile.
    51145800005_3cf5629f68_o.jpg

Jamie is not having much luck with the fishing so he calls Rebecca again. It’s ringing! She answers right away. Her voice so far away and yet it makes his heart hammer in his chest as if she is standing in front of him. He wishes she was standing next to him. He wants to taste her sweet lips again. He realizes he better stop with that train of thought. They talk about everything and nothing, just enjoying hearing each other's voice.
    51144696021_7000a4611a_o.jpg
    51144018552_a9e1822490_o.jpg

After hanging up the phone, he resumes fishing and immediately has a bite on his line. He reeled in the exact fish he needed. Bekka brought him luck! While holding it up he smells that fishy smell and remembers why he never got excited about fishing.
    51145799925_0029aefa2a_o.jpg
    51145799850_aa3e01bff5_o.jpg

After putting the fish away, Jamie is feeling extremely uncomfortable and hot in his sweater and heavy clothes from home. He goes back to the market place and purchases lighter weight clothing and continues his search in comfort. He discovers another rare gem and a rubble pile that had a broken ancient bowl and some strange seeds.
    51145476174_249f2b4623_o.jpg
    51145476149_155220f110_o.jpg
    51144919068_019b04b293_o.jpg

Jamie heard from several sources the red assassin bugs were easier to spot at night. So, he ate supper and slept a few hours. He called Rebecca before heading back out and wished her a good night. He knew with the time difference she would be asleep when he returned. They had a wonderful talk, and it made him wish he was an occult with long-distance teleportation abilities like vampires.
    51144919003_42dba07bdd_o.jpg
    51144018382_ab3b0828e9_o.jpg
    51144695761_2bc951c1e1_o.jpg

It took him awhile to find the bugs and several bites later he decides he needs to exude a calming attitude while trying to capture these particularly mean bugs. He finally captured a few making sure to get a few extra since they are so rare.
    51144695741_46d8bcf99b_o.jpg
    51144018352_3ddcb48d31_o.jpg
    51145476019_54cd8c97dc_o.jpg
    51144918973_4c2f97f727_o.jpg
  • GraceyManorGraceyManor Posts: 20,080 Member
    Just got off and am too tired to launch game LOL.
    Still very tempted to redo my medieval save..But I really
    love daniel and carolyn.XD I'm so torn, ever get that way?
  • Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,426 Member
    Screenshot-32.jpg
    What in the ever-lovin' ****-???
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
  • KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,919 Member
    The 30 Grandchildren Badge Attempt Episode 31 video is now available for you to watch on YouTube.

https://youtu.be/_Zr1AD6qBck

We get to know a few of the townies in this video. They are guests at the three parties that form the majority of the video.

Firstly we meet up with Wilfred and Wendy at the Dome where they have been alone together and have just got engaged to be married.
    Wilfred plans a bachelor party and we see some highlights from the party which is attended by numerous townies, most of whom Wilfred doesn't recall inviting to his party but they all enjoy themselves.

Bachelor-Party001.jpg

Then Wendy hears about the bachelor party and decides she ought to have a bachelorette party and she organises her party with much better control of the guest list. A few of Wendy's female friends show up and they have a great time dancing together at the Cake Pleasure Dome.

Bachelorette-Party005.jpg

Bachelorette-Party006.jpg

Finally Wilfred and Wendy arrive at their wedding venue with other members of the Potential Spouses household and a few of their townie friends. By this time some of the townies will be familiar to you as they have been dancing at two parties already.

Wand-W-Wedding-Wendy-Wilfred-Chris-Clarice-Mark.jpg

Wand-W-Wedding-Sally-Clarice-Karen-Mark-Penny.jpg

There are some interesting goings on at the three parties but overall it is just a fun video that fulfils the need for Wilfred and Wendy to get married and move out to live in their own home in Cake Island.

Clara, the unstable Imaginary Friend made real, features quite prominently in all three parties as she rotates through a variety of outfits. She's currently insane. I think her traits are going to need an overhaul before she is allowed to move out of the house to live on her own in Cake Island.

Happy Simming

I hope you enjoy the video.
  • GraceyManorGraceyManor Posts: 20,080 Member
    @Karritz

That dress is gorgeous! :smile:<3
    @Karritz

That dress is gorgeous! :smile:<3

Thank you. I it is. It's custom content but I have no idea when or where I got it from. I just came across it in CAS when trying to find her a wedding outfit. I think I got a heap of CC a few years ago when I accidentally came across a stash of archived content and it was from lots of makers and I got lots of things I wasn't looking for. I got a lot of floor mats and clutter and wall art and clothes by a lot of different makers.
  • BrandontaylorBrandontaylor Posts: 4,773 Member
    The triplets birthday party is going well, Ariana aged up and I’m paused at Evans turn. Abigail showed up but then left so the game aged her. I’m not making them over too much, just a bit.
  • TurjanTurjan Posts: 1,716 Member
    edited May 2021
    Comments time? Understatement of the year so far. Ahem.

I had mostly been playing some TS4 lately, just to give it (base game only, because that's what I got when it was free) a more thorough look than before, and now I'm back in Niua Simoa.

Also, I should be getting my first vaccination shot tomorrow. Finally.

@Karritz I also use Porter when a save gets unplayable, and yes, it's good to have some relationships among your sims. I still wasn't really successful in getting friend and family visits to work again in my game though. I usually have to initiate visits by the family I play if there is to be any social interaction.
    Great venues you have there :smile: .

@GraceyManor Ah, the one video you posted now reminds me of The Ghost and Mrs. Muir. Yes, I had been watching that a long time ago. A really long time ago :wink: .
    Awesome wedding. Love the colors.

@Emily4331 Nice to see you back with some simming. Great makeovers of the Bridgeport cast again :smile: . :lol: at the moving in. That moment they gave up their life to your whims!
    Hmm, with some couples, I have the feeling that the interesting part ends as soon as they get married. It's a bit like in real life: the center of all life suddenly shifts to the home. Great wedding though :smile: .

@Tamijo Thank you. The IF dolls keep the toddlers busy, they are not lonely and they tend to forget they are hungry etc. I use IF's as an excuse to give kids to sims in town where I'd like to see kids but who don't produce any.
    Kids and trashy literature: those novels are usually involving hot activities between bed sheets, and I'm a loss at what 9 year old can contribute to that genre. Only in the Sims.
    No, I'm not Italian. Milva was also very popular in Germany, and she has lots of German language albums, too.
    Mussette simply can't let it be. Not a good basis for any steady relationship.
    Looks like Simon Stone had the right idea at the right time :smile: .
    Great idea with the power plant. We should have real oil crops, like sunflowers or rapeseed.
    I like that private zoo.
    That inspection story (autonomous as you said) gave another nice overview of the state of the households.
    Those people that work at the fire station often end up a bit on the lonely side in my games.
    Great moody winter shots of Greg's River. So pretty!
    :lol: at the cooking disorder. I had a few butlers that ended up that way.
    Did you change your color settings? More saturation?
    That water in Greg's fishing pic where he looks across the river is dreamy. So many great shots :smile: .

@AlexaKry Thank you very much for your comments. Yes, Prudi had a good life, and No, the boytoy wasn't part of the household. Prudi had no say in these matters :wink: . He stayed for days if invited, which was fine with me. He even stayed a while after Prudi's death, but then he pretty much vanished. I saw him twice though. Plus, he got a couple of "honorary" kids by giving his genes to some IF's that turned real much later.
    Don't get me wrong, zero slider sims don't look bad. I remember that, when I first noticed some of them in my first SV game, I even thought that they were good-looking, compared to lots of residents. However, I quickly noticed that there were clones everywhere, which is the reason why I nip that in the bud. I can see what you mean regarding your family's very specific face features. Are narrow heads like some of those even possible with vanilla sliders?
    Don't worry about Robert-Michel. He was already at the top of his writer career when Prudi died, and his weekly payment was above 50,000 simoleons. They also had already investments going. Nowadays, the tax bill is about 6,500 twice a week, but his last Sunday noon payment was 77,000.
    Yeah, the game doesn't really allow for multiple relationships at once. I just give them "No Jealousy" and "Above Reproach", plus I do away with the celebrity disgrace system, so there isn't much if any drama around this. Most of "my" relationships are the standard type, anyway.
    Regarding my color vision:
    I can see colors, just a lot less (I've seen numbers like that people with this affliction see about 10% of all colors). It's more a problem of distinction. In my specific case, my vision is cut off early at the red end of the spectrum, which means I see less light and red is a very dark and not overly prominent color to me (I often can't read red numbers on black, I just don't see them). Typical mix-ups are blue with purple and sometimes pink, bright yellow with bright green and beige, some kinds of dark bluish green with gray, average green with brown and orange. So if you see my sims wear happy mixes of green, brown and orange clothes, you know why. Keep in mind that all of these statements cover the whole colors that bear that specific name, just certain tones of them.
    In the game, I just use the colors from object. For example, if there's a wallpaper with three colors I like, I just copy those to the furniture, carpet, etc. Or that red bedroom, I think that was the wood from that curved shelf, which I copied all over to the other pieces of furniture.
    Travis certainly is in the dangerous age, as far as suicides are concerned. Hmm, are all the women in your story (at that point in time) evil :lol: ?
    I can see that Haldir won't stand a chance in that divorce settlement, as far as his kids go. Well, at least as long as all actors keep playing their power games. Then again, I think we already know where this ends :wink: , given it's a "prequel" of some kind. Great story, anyway.

@Brandontaylor Thank you.
    Well, goodbye Melanie. You will be remembered fondly :smile: .
    Great updates.

@emorrill First of all: I'm so happy for your family that your husband found a job. I hope you like it in Arkansas. I've never been there. Good luck with your relocation! And good luck with your health, too.
    Well, that was an interesting backstory you had for Abigail's parents. People are people, and sometimes not in the good way.
    Thank you for your kind comments. No need to apologize for quotes - they certainly help.
    Ah, yes, decisions, decision. Poor Sam. I guess it's Alex who has to make the first move. Or Haley.
    Well, Emily and Shane look good with natural hair color. Even if it's brown :smile: .
    :lol: at blond Shane. I definitely prefer the dark hair. Even if it's brown :lol: .

@bekkasan Heh, Thank you. Yes those plates looked painful. Truth be told, I was reminded of this scene from "Valerian and the City of a Thousand Planets":
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RZafdct-vHE
    More pretty snow pics :smile:
    Four rainbows!!
    I wish I had genie powers for my kitchen... :lol: The new one looks bright and friendly.
    Hmm, good your health situation improved again :smile: .
    I always love the look of Shang Simla, too. It really is pretty. I hardly go anywhere else (Egypt rarely, France almost never).
    Awesome houses you made there. My houses always end up plain.
    Good that Bekka is happy now :smile: .

@Silverofdreams30 Lots of nice Oasis Landing pics. Love them.
    I had played with Auden and his brother at some point, but I wouldn't have recognized him with that hair color and hairstyle.

@Nikkei_Simmer Aww, torturing your sims with plasma bugs. Love the reactions :smiley:
    And those little houses, they grow up so fast!
    Do you have a mod that lets you deal with those aliens? I usually can't interact with them during abductions. Other than just burn them to toast.
    __________________________________________________________________________________
    I think I left off where Prudi died and the Robert-Michel's kids from Mae and the former IF grew up to teens. Let's just say that Nelly stayed true to her friendship with Victor, the former IF, and both were never looking anywhere else.
    fn5FYTU.jpg
  • Silverofdreams30Silverofdreams30 Posts: 7,200 Member
    No updates yet, been fixing with my game since I
    had a re-install Friday.

@Turjan

Thank you
    I finished building the new Epping homestead. Downstairs has kitchen, bathroom, and two bedrooms(one for mom and one for baby). There's also an extended area off the kitchen where the stairway sits. Upstairs is the library and the electronics room. Off the electronics room is a kind of patio area with a telescope, barbecue and a sitting area.

Two days after completion of the new house Theodora Epping was born at the hospital. She inherited the genius trait from her father. She also inherited his vampirism. I also threw in the virtuoso trait.
  • Silverofdreams30Silverofdreams30 Posts: 7,200 Member
    @Karritz

Lovely photos, I have added your sims oscar and Louise to my story save as
    background sims.
    Well, got my first shot done at 9:30 today. So far, only the muscle on my left arm hurts, but part of that may be from lifting a bunch of 50 pound dog food bags at work over the weekend. I get my second dose of Moderna on June 14 so hope it goes as well as the first dose. Anyway, I ended up playing the Langeraks last night as well so I'll have a few updates coming up sometime today. I still have about half a day to play for the Steel Legacy but I'm thinking of changing it up just a tad so it really differs from the Langerak save. I'm going to play with a female version of Eric instead so I'm changing the gender of Emily's baby before the birth. That means Fawn probably won't be tied into the family tree, but I'll still involve her somehow.

@GraceyManor Yeah, I kind of noticed that, lol
    I guess not.
    It may be. It really depends on what kind of job someone is looking for, really.
    I see, he doesn't want them hurt.
    Well, wasn't expecting that but I hope Daniel agrees.

@Silverofdreams30 They really did. Seems bad things always happen around the birthdays.

@MorgaineWitch Well, it sounds like things are going decent for Clara. Hope she gets that promotion soon.

@HillyBeth Nice pictures of Brett, Helen, and Evelyn.
    Wow, they really did hit it off.

@Nikkei_Simmer It's a decent start to the house at least. They can get in out of the weather.
    That happens to me sometimes too. I sometimes have to pause the game and let things load to get my pictures.
    Boy, the shot did a number on the Watcher, huh?
    Just imagine if they knew that their Watcher has a Watcher too. That'd really confuse them.
    I'm not doing too bad so far. I just have a sore arm and that's it. However, it's only been about 5 hours since I've gotten it.

@emorrill I'm still curious if they couples will change but I'll have to wait and see.
    That could be what it is. Stress is known to cause other health issues.
    Yep, it does. Shane is one of my favorites from the story.
    I wish. I really think I'm going to check bills again and maybe change things up in settings.
    No, he doesn't, does he? Now he's 103. I did have my settings at 90 but I increased it to 100 not long ago. Since then, I went down to 95. This means he's 8 days past now.
    He did some, he got it to a C. However, I couldn't pick his trait and he got grumpy.
    I'm glad she finally found someone. I'm still holding off on kids, mainly trying to clear out all other Sims except Hal and Daisy first. I've kind of got a plan for how I want to move forward in this save.
    Yeah, it was bittersweet seeing her go. In a way, I was happy because it frees up more space. However, I was also sad because I won't play her again. At least she can come back as a ghost.

***I'll catch up some more later. I got to do some things right now.
    @Karritz You're welcome.
    The garden looks nicely organized, mine never look so great.
    Great job on the magic room.

@Nikkei_Simmer Sounds Haruo doesn't like the narrator.
    I always found getting chests to sort out collectables is a good idea. I first started using it when attempting the Ultimate Sim.
    Makes you wonder where they do hide all their inventory items.
    Glad you did a run down of the pizzas one can make. I got the pizza oven not long ago but haven't used it yet.
    The house is looking good...
    ...but I knew you couldn't keep it small, lol
    Great job on the revamp of your wife's Simself.

@MorgaineWitch Yeah, that doesn't sound like a fun day for Clara.
    Congrats on her promotion. At least she doesn't have to donate her organs now, although cleaning bed pans isn't fun either.
    That's good, it'll be better if she wants to start a family.
    Sounds like your new save is off to a good start.

@GraceyManor Good idea, they've done that for areas around here too. We've got a few historical landmarks in town too.
    I'm glad that Martha knows about Daniel now.
    I hope Claymore does a good job at being a justice.
    Yay, Daniel is free!
    I feel that way too about making Sims. I'd say just play around some more, you may end up with something good, or something bad. Somehow, I've made a few decent looking Sims.
    There you go, I knew you had it in you! Great job on Belle!

@polrbear Congrats! I've got Lucky Palms but don't think I have Aurora Skies yet.

@emorrill I was reading the Holland story but got busy and forgot where I left off. I think I'll start from the beginning again and just read it all as I have time.
    I quickly read through your excerpt, but I won't comment right now. I'll probably leave comments as I go along.

@Silverofdreams30 I'm gonna download Jake. I like having some Sims in the bin I can use, he could get tied in to one of my saves at some point.

@Tamijo Yeah, I imagine there would be some struggles in establishing a new village anyway. Lots of things probably would break.
    No, I'm not sure why it was so cheap.
    Lol, I did feel bad about it. I just want my Sims to try and complete their LTW.
    I saw that you figured out she was a singer. I probably should have mentioned it.
    Yeah, there are. However, he didn't get his grade up enough and got grumpy as one of his traits. It already caused an issue in my recent update that I have yet to post.
    Me too. Next part is to have some babies. I'm not sure how many they'll have yet or who the heir will be.
    It was her time, but it doesn't make it any easier. At least we can still see her ghost. Daisy will be around for awhile, though, especially if I use Young Again elixirs.
    Looks like a lot of people got makeovers.
    Glad to hear that Greg's River is a free village now.
    Yep, looks like someone blew themselves up.
    They were pretty sad about it. Every time they weren't busy, they were crying.
    It is, and it's only possible in a game like this. I thought it would be nice to have a Plantsim, Daisy is the first I've played.
    Thanks, now they just need to have some children soon.
    Exactly. I still have some other occults I need to do still. I have genies, fairies, and vampires left. However, I still got some other things I want to happen with the family too.
    Terry seems to enjoy his cake.
    It'll take some time, but I bet the daycare will grow.

@king_of_simcity7 Good to hear from you again. I'm glad to hear you like your new job.
    Looks like a nice hair.

@bekkasan You're welcome.
    It is, she really loved her. I think they were best friends when Melanie died.
    Yep, and it probably will be unexpectedly. So far, he's 8 days past the lifespan I set.
    He sure does, and he should keep them for awhile. Neither he nor Daisy will become elders until everyone but them are out, and they have some kids.
    I do too, it made the day later and they didn't get to bed until late.
    Okay, just let me know if you find the setting. If not, there are ways to work around it.
    Wow, he looks like an ant on an anthill, lol

• Emily4331Emily4331 Posts: 10,850 Member
    @Turjan Honestly, I agree about couples getting married making things boring. :lol: Why do you think all my sims are cheaters? :wink:
    UPDATE:

Well, Clara is in public disgrace since she's a minor celebrity and had a child out of wedlock. omg. The scandal. She's been working on her online chess game and learning some new recipes during her time off. In between taking care of her daughter of course. Clara is very enchanted by Theodora.

Theodora also is no longer a baby. She has officially aged up to toddler. She is basically a miniature version of her father Beau Merrick, except that her hair is wavy.
    edited May 2021
    I've been having a hard time finding things in my buy mode. And I keep getting lots of Script Errors in my 30 Grandchildren Game. Since there were so many missing things in my buy mode I decided to set up a whole new Sims 3 folder. The thing that made me do it now was I was starting to lose worlds as well. First one I noticed that had vanished was Riverview. Then I looked for a few others to send sims to and they were not there when I expected them to be there. So I tried to install them again and found they were already installed. Since there were so many of them that had gone missing, and I've been playing that save for a few years now, I decided I'd just make a new Sims 3 folder. I was still in the process of doing that when I decided I need to play the game and start on the next video. I wanted to see how many missing objects I would have if I just moved the save file into the new Sims 3 folder. When I opened it I got no missing objects messages. That was a welcome surprise so now I'm playing in the new Sims 3 folder and it seems to be running better. Maybe it's just wishful thinking but I'm happy with it for now. I wonder if I'll get missing objects when they travel back to the Great Southern Land. They are Cake Island II at the moment.

This is the house Wendy and Wilfred moved into.

Screenshot-3.jpg

There are no spare houses left in the street I moved all of Wilfred's siblings to when they got married. I think there is an Imaginary Friend living alone in the house next door. I think it's Ben.

Ben_Holden_IF_MadeReal001.jpg

He'll be moved out when Delores and Derek get married. I'm about to send them on their vacation. I've just finished updating Wendy and Wilfred's house as well as Frank and Felecia's house.

I've noticed Ben and that genie (Elsa) who is such a troublemaker are now an item but she won't move in with him. She likes choosing her own homes.

@Turjan thanks for the comment. I first noticed I was getting unsolicited visits from family members when I was playing my game with Patience. I was trying to get the badge for a sim to have 15 children. I did it all wrong to get the badge. I had her married to a sim I made for her and they had 5 children. Then she moved out and left him with the children and a babysitter moved in to help. Patience set up house with Gobias Koffi and they had 5 children. Then Patience met up with another new sim I made for her but he was just at the start of being a young adult. Patience and Ted set up house together and they had 4 children. But I wanted Patience to interact more with her other children so I started shuffling her children between her home and their fathers' homes. I had lots of extra beds in her house and it wasn't long before children who had been moved back to live with their father were dropping in to Patience's place and doing their homework and some of them curled up on a spare bed and stayed the night. Eventually she met up with Christopher Steel and Ted moved out and Patience and Christopher had 1 child together. That gave her the 15 children but no badge because the sim that has the 15 children must stay in the same house and that house must always be the active household. I got it later on with a male sim. It's easier to do it with a male sim as they can go around town and have babies with a few sims. I made him some females and did get the badge quite quickly and easily.

You might have seen me mention my Big Game quite often. That game was set up a few years ago. I had always wanted to do more with Patience and her 15 children. Well, I used them as the starting sim for the Big Game. I moved them, with their fathers and a few friends into a new game. I had mods by then and was able to have larger households and that game just grew and grew and now it has over 800 sims in it and they live in about 13 different worlds. And I use it as the save for two of my video series, The McFluff Story and Oscar and Louise stories that is currently called Oscar's Teen Years. It just changed from Oscar's Childhood when he aged up to teen.

With my boarding schools. If I have the school in a world and just have sims from that world rotating through it I find the graduates often drop in to do homework and hang out with the current occupants. Plus once they have moved back to their families Sims from all over town who know each other from being at the boarding school interact. The more sims through the boarding school the livlier the town gets.

@Silverofdreams30 thank you for the comment. I'm glad you enjoyed the photos. I hope Oscar and Louise liven up your game. They tend to be quite unpredictible in what they get up to and often are very funny together if left to do whatever they decide to do. I've made a short video series on Louise's childhood to set the scene for when I finally get to do the Oscar and Louise video. Oscar's Childhood series sort of took over. It was supposed to be just 3 videos like Louise's childhood was but I got hooked and kept it going. Now he's a teen and I've changed the name to Oscar's Teen Years. But there is only one video so far on his teen years. He is about to start visiting family members of his friends he met at boarding school. Eric and Susanne. They are grandchildren of Patience (see my explanation of Patience and her family I just made to Turjan for more info on that). In the Big Game which is where the Oscar story is now set, Patience has 16 children and most of them have families of their own. They are spread over about 13 worlds and Oscar and Eric and Susanne are about to start visiting all of them. When Oscar knows most, or possibly all of that huge family he will finally meet Louise in Hidden Springs and they will set up home together and have lots of children together. It is going to be an experiment in genetics and fun as well I hope.

@BrandonTaylor thank you. I try to make my gardens efficient. I want maximum plants for minimum space being used. It just ends up looking tidy that way. Sometimes I try to put all the same type of plant together but that takes too long. I do try to separate the trees from the rest when I'm in a basement, which is where most of my gardens are. That way I can leave the floor out of the level above the garden just in the small area immediately above the trees. That is to avoid tops of treen poking through the floors.

I started spending Wendel's money he got to achieve his lifetime wish. He got his wish and now there is lots of cash to spend and the magic room was a nice place to start. I'm glad you like it.

Happy Simming
    Got Comcast back but waiting for the box to come. I'll actually have decent internet again. However, it took a while so I didn't get my Langerak update posted.
  • TamijoTamijo Posts: 1,072 Member

@AlexaKry
    Very nice and positive update this time, although still a lot of unsolved questions.
    More at you place

@bekkasan
    Always love when she is at the doctors, so many small hints hidden in those conversations. Love that the wall is full of certificates, she is well educated for sure.
    More at you place

@Nikkei_Simmer
    LOL strange creature.

@Karritz
    Amazing shots from you parties

@Turjan
    Thanks for explaining about the IF’s makes more sense knowing they affect the children.
    Germany, so we are neighbors. What area. We like to drive south a lot, so been there many times, we love it.

We should have real oil crops, like sunflowers or rapeseed
    They are good for cooking but Tomato Root oil are much cleaner for a power plant.

Yes, firefighters spend a lot of time at work in sims.
    color settings: Yes, Uranesia Lighting Mod, used that for about an in-game year I think.
    Thanks for compliment on pictures

@Brandontaylor
    Thanks for comment
    Not sure the daycare will work, often issues with jobs from DLC added while a save was running. But I hope.

The village seen from the other side of the river in a snowstorm.
    This was photoshopped a little, to make the building stand out clearer.

XVYLFbG.jpg
    My active stories: Appaloosa County..*.. Sinful Sisters.....*.....Earlier stories:..*..Survivors the River..*.. A Memoir of Grace "Slick" Joplin
  • TamijoTamijo Posts: 1,072 Member

Episode 59 – True Colours – January 2728 part 2

Simon Stone came to visit the Merciers. As we have seen before visiting the large household can be quite confusing, again he was interrupted and was not able to spend time alone with Magdalena.

zml2nTQ.jpg

The fathers might not be that great with baby’s, it is very different with toddlers. Daddy is best (sometimes)

g9bsoqL.jpg
    LeIZdpc.jpg

Sadly, not everyone really got a daddy to hold on to.

JqdVonZ.jpg
    VbLlwja.jpg

Now that several of the free settlers got teens, interested in making some pocket money, it was easier to get a babysitter. Brendon and Marble hired one for Ivory, for the first time in months able to visit Pegasus Café together.

23kpZzF.jpg

Mussete was reading a book at the trade station, when two men came in. At first, she thought this was a nice opportunity for a flirt. Soon she realized, this was men she would never be able to control.

E57PpYo.jpg

Elea Helsby came to visit, while Anders Karlson was working at the Tattoo in River fashion house. The two of them spend so much time together, it is hard to grasp why they have not become an item. Maybe Elea is waiting for Anders to drop Mussete completely.

IFnLI0e.jpg

Armel Mercier loved his grandchildren. He spends all the time he can spare with them.

NHZYPT6.jpg

With the help of Aunt Mussete, Pierre Mercier was starting to walk.

WaHVT5w.jpg

Simon was satisfied with the small paintings he has been working on, how choosing a much larger canvas. Heading for a first masterpiece.

6dHkBRu.jpg

Some of the free farmers was starting to visit Greg’s household, sometimes to see if they could buy a chicken for dinner or just admire the collection of wildlife Greg had.

HAv7dyn.jpg

Jiro Nara was still often dressing up in funny costumes, playing actress and doing small theatrical performance.

iRYP14A.jpg

Elea Helsby was questioning Terry Scully about his and Anders Karlson’s relations with Mussete Mercier, not really understanding why both wanted an older and extremely loose woman like her. He did not really have a good answer to that.

9tc7JLI.jpg

So much love between Brendon and Marble. Even when she does laundry, he brings flowers.

RuBkQpH.jpg

Norma Dahl fell asleep on a cold bench outside the trade station, at the night leading up to the 1st of February, really hope she won’t freeze to death.

pksVG62.jpg

Sales January 2728:
    Preston household:
    1. Tomato Root Oli 200$
    2. Salted Fish 28$
    3. A Pigeon 27$
    4. A Rat 6$
    Gentry-Beach household:
    1. A Barbour's map turtle 138$
    Scully household:
    1. Salted fish 14$
    Mercier household:
    1. Eggs 27$

Editorial:
    0xBOFQm.jpg
    Found a way to mod the save, so that I can control what occupation they choose. It seems that I can “re-form” the Forest Rescue Center to actually be a real in-game fire station again. So far worked as such for all January month, without any issues.
    Everything autonome.

Birdseye view of the village, snowfall at night.

oojBSIO.jpg
    My active stories: Appaloosa County..*.. Sinful Sisters.....*.....Earlier stories:..*..Survivors the River..*.. A Memoir of Grace "Slick" Joplin
  • Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,426 Member
    edited May 2021
    Featherbelle's Simself in my "Playing With Simselves" save.

Screenshot-116.jpg
    Preggers with Baby #1 - who turned out to be a male named Akira. (incidentally, that is my RL son's middle name (In real life he's a young adult, just graduated high-school this past summer - now he's 19.))

Screenshot-132.jpg
    Going out to sell a commissioned painting (in RL though we can't "draw" to save our lives)
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
    @Tamijo thank you. I'm glad you like them. I think the bachelorette party was more fun for the guests than the bachelor party. At least it was more fun for me to watch. Some of those female sims really got into the dancing.

I've currently got Delores and Derek on a houseboat in Isla Paradiso. They are acquaintenances so it could be a while before they are ready to tie the knot. I'm putting the game away for now as I'm over it for the moment.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top