Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

A couple of peeves

I have a Sim who is neat. I understand that she enjoys cleaning since this a defining feature of her personality. However, she does nothing but polish everything to perfection, even when an object has been previously polished perfectly. Unless I micromanage her, which I do not want to do since there are two toddlers in this home, she will clean autonomously in lieu of performing any other activity. It's very frustrating. Secondly, one of the toddlers in this family can barely walk, yet he constantly goes outside to play in the snow. I would think that his mother would prevent him from opening the front door (how does he do that, anyway?), climbing down the steps, and playing alone in the middle of a raging blizzard. Then again, since she is cleaning so obsessively, she may not have the time nor the inclination to monitor his whereabouts.

Comments

• JyotaiJyotai Posts: 505 Member
    I mean... I think I know your sim in real life.

But...

I'd use the cheat to full edit a sim and remove that trait, then hire a cleaner. Or what I did with my spellcaster sim - for which I made her whole bloodline and then turned them into ghosts. She took home 2 urns - one grandparent from each side of her line, and I gave those two grandparents the neat trait. So every night when my sim is in bed her grandparent's ghosts appear in the house and start polishing everything... ;)

Of course if they show up while she's still awake they go 'red angry' when they see her leave a plate of food on a table...

But... basically 'farm that out' - move the neat trait to a non-active sim that has some reason to often be in the house.

I don't use Discord because it doesn't support multiple accounts and I don't need folks at work wondering what I'm doing even on my own time. Until Discord catches up with every single other voice / video conferencing system, I limit where I use it:
  • AlexaiAlexai Posts: 186 Member
    Jyotai wrote: »
    I mean... I think I know your sim in real life.

But...

I'd use the cheat to full edit a sim and remove that trait, then hire a cleaner. Or what I did with my spellcaster sim - for which I made her whole bloodline and then turned them into ghosts. She took home 2 urns - one grandparent from each side of her line, and I gave those two grandparents the neat trait. So every night when my sim is in bed her grandparent's ghosts appear in the house and start polishing everything... ;)

Of course if they show up while she's still awake they go 'red angry' when they see her leave a plate of food on a table...

But... basically 'farm that out' - move the neat trait to a non-active sim that has some reason to often be in the house.

I know some people in real life like that too!

Thanks for the advice! I think I will do exactly as you suggested. I'm sad though, because I used to like the neat trait. Now it's just a continual annoyance.
  • JyotaiJyotai Posts: 505 Member
    It's weird because I have some sims that are neat and will starve themselves to death cleaning up the place, and I have some sims that are neat that will just point and complain at a mess and then ignore it and do their thing.

It seems like how strong the trait ends up being is either random, or based on what other traits are there - but I don't know so I don't know how to tweak it out to 'just right'.

I don't use Discord because it doesn't support multiple accounts and I don't need folks at work wondering what I'm doing even on my own time. Until Discord catches up with every single other voice / video conferencing system, I limit where I use it:
  • VeeDubVeeDub Posts: 1,862 Member
    I don't have any neat sims that I actively play, but it's got to the point where I don't let my sims' neat friends visit any more. They don't even socialize during visits now because they're too busy cleaning things that weren't dirty in the first place. And I thought socializing was the primary point of sims having visitors over. :frowning:
    FYI: Just because you can see my signature, don't assume that I can see yours.
    Because I can't; I keep all sigs turned off. ;)
  • BettyNewbie1BettyNewbie1 Posts: 336 Member
    Can your sim visit my sim :D
  • AlexaiAlexai Posts: 186 Member
    Can your sim visit my sim :D

Lol. I would love this sim to visit me in real life.