Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Summer Line-Up Announced

From Twitter
E1m-M6e4-XEAY19-Km.jpg

Comments

• Akl500PAkl500P Posts: 2,986 Member
    Wow! Game pack and expansion pack? So many thoughts on what they are going through my head right now. Exciting stuff.
  • DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,867 Member
    « Bond with nature in this charming new EP » please tell me it’s Farming!!!!

None of the description sounds like generations, sadly.
  • DuvelinaDuvelina Posts: 2,619 Member
    I think the GP is going to be bands and the EP is going to be farming. Both of those were highly requested in the community so I'd be happy but I do hope Generations is still coming.
  • Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    I am happy and excited. Seems like potentially a great summer ahead! I’m almost done with my big spring projects around the house too, so that should leave me plenty of time to dig into all of this! 😍🤩
  • chaccechacce Posts: 49 Member
    "Cool new career" and "Creative"? The upcoming Game Pack might finally bring us Bands and new musical instruments!

"Bond with nature"? My mind went straight to Farming for the Expansion Pack. Could be about family life too. We'll see.
  • SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    Kit, GP, EP, 3 monthly base game updates. That looks pretty solid. No Stuff Pack, but the Courtyard Oasis kind of fills that niche at half the cost, so no complaints there.

I'd love to hear more about what constitutes a "virtual block party", and the teaser for the "Sims Event of the Summer" is equally vague.
  • OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    edited May 2021
    No occults or generations... :s

Also what does "virtual block party" and "rock out at the sims event at the summer" even mean. The game isn't online so how exactly can there be virtual party events
  • Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,431 Member
    Well I'm hoping my first thought around the "Bond with Nature" EP isn't true!

Because my very first thought when I read that is it's EL 2.0.

• HolidayHoliday Posts: 681 Member
    Considering we are already halfway through May and it says ‘May/June/July’ all this packed into two and a half months sounds promising!

Both GP and EP sound interesting, not sure where my mind went when I saw the word ‘Nature’ but I hope it’s nothing related to gardening. Hoping for maybe some Wildlife? Bird watching? Not the biggest fan of the Farming EP idea but if it is, happy for all the players that have been wanting it for so long!
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    Well I'm hoping my first thought around the "Bond with Nature" EP isn't true!

Because my very first thought when I read that is it's EL 2.0.

I think we all had flashbacks🤣🤣🤣🤣
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • StarfreeStarfree Posts: 1,444 Member
    Onverser wrote: »
    No occults or generations... :s

Also what does "virtual block party" and "rock out at the sims event at the summer" even mean. The game isn't online so how exactly can there be virtual party events

@Onverser maybe one of them is referring to EA Play in July?
  • AmeliaToddAmeliaTodd Posts: 226 Member
    edited May 2021
    Wishful thinking: "Rock out" makes me think of bands.
    Guessing: Ride the Wave, swimming related update for base game?
    A puzzle: "Bong with Nature" sounds more like wild nature, than farming, but maybe?
    Would never guess that courtyard and chill would mean Moroccan style courtyard.
  • BluelleBluelle Posts: 327 Member
    It sounds good... No Generations, but... What was I expecting?

Anyway, the three base game updates sound promising, but it's dangerous to get the hopes up...

Farming and bands sounds cool though, if it's done right.
    edited May 2021
    Anyone notice the images of sims swimming in the back? I wonder if that makes any of the packs or updates water related. Or they simply chose it because of summer
  • QueenMercyQueenMercy Posts: 1,680 Member
    AmeliaTodd wrote: »
    A puzzle: "Bong with Nature" sounds more like wild nature, than farming, but maybe?
    Would never guess that courtyard and child would mean Moroccan style courtyard.

It says “courtyard and chill” it’s just a Netflix and chill joke.
  • alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,384 Member
    Is this all we get to know today? I thought they would announce the GP.
    I don't know why everyone is so bummed about generations. The team acknowledged in a livestream that they know people are asking for it and that they would let us know more when it becomes more "real" I believe they said. So my understanding of that is that they are working on it but it's not coming "soon"
    But they are very aware of how much people want it.
    QueenMercy wrote: »
    AmeliaTodd wrote: »
    Would never guess that courtyard and child would mean Moroccan style courtyard.

It says “courtyard and chill” it’s just a Netflix and chill joke.

True lol we are probably reading way to hard into this 😅😅😅
  • DuvelinaDuvelina Posts: 2,619 Member
    I think the base game update might make the waters in other worlds swimmable. I believe the team said it was coming at some point?
  • JemmaTheSimmerJemmaTheSimmer Posts: 387 Member
    I'm pretty happy as I was worried we were going to have no EP at all at this rate. I hope the back to nature one includes a nice rural location, preferably without background houses. I'm desperate for the countryside!

Not so sure about the GP as I'm not sure if bands would really be a career - I'd be disappointed if sims had to quit their jobs to join a band. Unless they do it like the odd jobs system or something.

I'm happy about the base game updates, I'm hoping they'll add some pool items for summer, a standard diving board or other generic pool stuff (more lounge chairs, pool ladders, pool trims, etc.) would be nice too as we barely have anything in game for them.
  • nasch_katzenasch_katze Posts: 193 Member
    Excited about what those (in-game?) events are! I wonder if it's like the Millie Bobby Brown Positivity Challenge thing we had a few years ago, or something totally new, or a real-life event.
  • nasch_katzenasch_katze Posts: 193 Member
    Is this all we get to know today? I thought they would announce the GP.

Livestream announced for tomorrow. Who knows. I don't think they would dedicate a whole stream to showcasing the new kit, so we might get a trailer for the next gamepack.
  • Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,431 Member
    I personally don't get a "farming vibe" out of how they worded the "Bond with Nature" description. Which makes me emo, but then again, I didn't really expect it to be, so I'm not too disappointed.

It could very well be fairies tho, because it specifically stated "charming", and cute little fairy sprites not only have nature-ish things they use to make their houses/furniture, but they can be charming too, so that would not surprise me at all if it turns out to be that.

I am leaning towards the GP to be some music related type pack, because of the fact you can get a new career.