Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

"Summer line-up" means...

Comments

• sunman502sunman502 Posts: 18,325 Member
    Ep, GP, SP. Like they revealed a year ago.

June 2020 EP Eco Lifestyle
    July 2020 SP Nifty Knitting
    Sept 2020 GP Journey To Batuu

Last day of summer is September 22 so also like last year we'll probably get another EP in the fall.
    Snowy Escape released November 13, 2020.

Can't wait for tomorrow!
    True, we did get SE late last fall. But that's no guarantee that the pack line-up this year will be the same as last year's line-up. In fact it's almost a guarantee that this year's pack line-up won't be the same as last year's line-up. Now that Maxis's releasing Kit Packs too. And we didn't get any Kit Packs last year. Maxis didn't start releasing those Kit Packs until about March of this year.
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,862 Member
    edited May 2021
    Another
    True, we did get SE late last fall. But that's no guarantee that the pack line-up this year will be the same as last year's line-up. In fact it's almost a guarantee that this year's pack line-up won't be the same as last year's line-up. Now that Maxis's releasing Kit Packs too. And we didn't get any Kit Packs last year. Maxis didn't start releasing those Kit Packs until about March of this year

I agree. But this is the speculation forum. 😄
  • DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,355 Member
    Another
    DaWaterRat wrote: »
    Kit confirmation, GP teaser/Reveal, and planned packs (without names/themes) through to the fall.

Okay, we didn't get the GP teaser, but I was close
    True, we did get SE late last fall. But that's no guarantee that the pack line-up this year will be the same as last year's line-up. In fact it's almost a guarantee that this year's pack line-up won't be the same as last year's line-up. Now that Maxis's releasing Kit Packs too. And we didn't get any Kit Packs last year. Maxis didn't start releasing those Kit Packs until about March of this year

I agree. But this is the speculation forum. 😄
    True, it is the speculation forum. But this is no longer speculative anymore now that the cat's out of the bag.
    The line-up is as follows:
    Courtyard Oasis Kit Pack.
    Game Pack: Name NA because name was not given at this time.
    Block Party, what ever that is suppose to be.
    Sims Event of the Summer, what ever that is too.
    Three Base game Updates.
    And an EP that allows sims to bond with nature.
  • LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,232 Member
    edited May 2021
  • SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,971 Member
    edited May 2021
    Another
    Well after watching the May18 livestream, it we were supposed to get an actual Line up, I think they must have glossed over it...... the only thing it really covered is the new kit, and a outfit coming.
  • Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,435 Member
    SP and/or EP announcement
    Wasn't the line up the flyer advertisement thing that they showed us yesterday? That said we were getting a Kit, GP, and EP in May, June, and July. Wouldn't that be considered a line-up?

I knew they wouldn't drop dates of the release or talk about the new upcoming packs.
    Wasn't the line up the flyer advertisement thing that they showed us yesterday? That said we were getting a Kit, GP, and EP in May, June, and July. Wouldn't that be considered a line-up?

I knew they wouldn't drop dates of the release or talk about the new upcoming packs.
    They really are not allowed to discuss any future contents that's beyond something that has already been officially announced. Now if they were to officially announce the release of the next GP, EP or this Block Party thing, or Sims Event of the Summer thing. Then they can talk about that. Now they can talk a little bit about the next game patch since they already officially leaked a little bit about what in it. Now I know that it bites, but that's EA for yeah. And they've always tried to keep a tight lip on their future plans for games and their future contents.
  • KironideKironide Posts: 804 Member
    edited May 2021
    GP and Kit reveal
    sunman502 wrote: »

They really are not allowed to discuss any future contents that's beyond something that has already been officially announced. Now if they were to officially announce the release of the next GP, EP or this Block Party thing, or Sims Event of the Summer thing. Then they can talk about that. Now they can talk a little bit about the next game patch since they already officially leaked a little bit about what in it. Now I know that it bites, but that's EA for yeah. And they've always tried to keep a tight lip on their future plans for games and their future contents.

I understand that its EA's corporate policy, but to my knowledge they don't have another game like the Sims 4 on their books. What other game is releasing new content so frequently? It's not like someone else can steal their ideas, because at present there isn't another game out there like the Sims. This notion of holding back and then hyping stuff is deeply flawed because of CC.
    Post edited by Kironide on
  • Horrorgirl6Horrorgirl6 Posts: 3,186 Member
    GP and Kit reveal
    The
    Ep, GP, SP. Like they revealed a year ago.

June 2020 EP Eco Lifestyle
    July 2020 SP Nifty Knitting
    Sept 2020 GP Journey To Batuu

Last day of summer is September 22 so also like last year we'll probably get another EP in the fall.
    Snowy Escape released November 13, 2020.

Can't wait for tomorrow!

No, they said it ends in July.
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,914 Member
    edited May 2021
    Another
    As Michael Duke doesn't work for EA/Maxis anymore and someone completely new is at the top of Maxis it could be all change on the issue of packs in the future. Judging from the Summer flyer it looks like they are giving out a lot of information, more than they have done before anyway.

Even though it is mainly "teasers"

The introduction of kits might be due to a change of thought at the top too from someone new.
  • jpsulsuldagdagjpsulsuldagdag Posts: 450 Member
    GP and Kit reveal
    I hope it's a resorts-themed pack or something. I am excited for the story progression, they said that it's possible.
    Another
    We've just been given a hint about the next pack and I think it's a design pack with probably 3 different ways to go. The Sims has just announced it and you can set a reminder for it. 20th May!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8CvGI0HoFP8
  • IVXXXVIIVXXXVI Posts: 140 Member

First thing that came to my mind was architect and interior design. Sounds cool.
    Hp85Jmm.gif
    Another
    IVXXXVI wrote: »

First thing that came to my mind was architect and interior design. Sounds cool.

I'd love to see Nancy Landgraab going into a rage if the clothes closet wasn't as good as she wanted! What they need to put in is a Sue option against the designer for work not done properly!
  • SimKonfettiSimKonfetti Posts: 1,361 Member
    edited May 2021
    This is not really gameplay expanding.

I am disappointed. It's not a bad idea and I might get it, the idea is nice. But there are so many highly requested features and this just isn't it. I know some people now and then wished for an interior design career like we had in TS3 (this seems to be it). But most people had other requests: hobbies, cars, Generations, active school, bands, better babies, daycare career, werewolves, fairies, update on aliens, romance pack, the list goes on and on.

I don't understand why they just won't give us what we ask for, and I mean all of us. This is - AGAIN - something (almost) nobody asked for. I'd be even happier if it was an occult GP I wouldn't buy anyway because I know many people would have been really hyped. But this?

Another YA/A centered gamepack featuring something which is considered cool right now? Nah. Thinking about not buying it tbh. This game has got to a point where I just don't like it anymore because it doesn't support my playstyle.
    Post edited by SimKonfetti on
  • CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,464 Member
    Another
    Simburian wrote: »

I'd love to see Nancy Landgraab going into a rage if the clothes closet wasn't as good as she wanted! What they need to put in is a Sue option against the designer for work not done properly!

Hmmm...the theme of this pack doesn’t excite me, but if there are options to destroy another sim’s house (Judith, brace yerself) I’m in! 😈
  • KironideKironide Posts: 804 Member
    GP and Kit reveal
    Simburian wrote: »

Hmmm...the theme of this pack doesn’t excite me, but if there are options to destroy another sim’s house (Judith, brace yerself) I’m in! 😈

I knew you'd find the bright side! Thanks for the laugh I need it.
  • bella_gothbella_goth Posts: 1,770 Member
    conga
  • Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,435 Member
    edited May 2021
    SP and/or EP announcement
    Well considering almost every single pack for the last 2 years never excited me, I'm SUPER-DUPER EXCITED over this hint! I've suffered through pack after pack of being disappointed and just "Ohhh yayyy, another pack that doesn't interest me, oh look I guess there's a plant in the pack I can use" ... without ever once complaining about not getting what I want, so yeah ............

I can't wait to learn more!
  • JestTruJestTru Posts: 1,761 Member
    I think there is a lot coming up. At least a lot more than they normally do at once. You have the Kit pack that just came out, some kind of block party not sure what that's about but ok, a GP more than likely set to release in June and then the EA play Live Show Case for July 22. Which is when they will more than likely announce and showcase the EP coming out that same month as the Summer Lineup roadmap given states May/June/July... (bottom righthand corner)
    They also stated in the video that they are working on Many Base Game Updates and given that we've been given 2 in just one month then perhaps that will continue through the summer.
    WbUrFQm.png
  • ThunderNebThunderNeb Posts: 55 Member
    GP and Kit reveal
    A Music Group Pack is something I'd love to see. Be it Rockstars to Kpop Idols live on stage, recording in the studios, while even creating songs to trashing hotels or even saving a small village ravaged by a hurricane. All that with random events like being offered to go solo or collaborate with another band.
    Well it has been officially teased, the next GP has something to do with interior design.