Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

One Month One World One Year Personal Challenge (Complete!)

Comments

• sassytxbratsassytxbrat Posts: 225 Member
    Mia Patina
    May 15

Week 3 Sunday

2021-05-08-07_52_25-The-Sims%E2%84%A2-4.jpg?resize=1024%2C555&ssl=1
    It is a good thing that Jake moved in because now there are two adults handling things around the house. Jake starts off by making breakfast. We won’t talk about how it is only 2:30 AM.
    2021-05-08-07_24_36-The-Sims%E2%84%A2-4.jpg?resize=1024%2C555&ssl=1

Both Jake and Skye were wide awake. Skye drank several cups of coffee for her coffee habit while Jake is off on the treadmill somewhere. Thankfully, Mia is still asleep and Eli is still in the crib.
    2021-05-08-07_26_39-The-Sims%E2%84%A2-4.jpg?resize=1024%2C555&ssl=1

Skye gets some video recording done in her new office setup. It is nice to finally have a place dedicated to her videos and a computer of her own.
    2021-05-08-07_30_04-The-Sims%E2%84%A2-4.jpg?resize=1024%2C555&ssl=1

Today is Eli’s birthday and since I set it up as a holiday so I wouldn’t forget, they now have to complete some traditions. I didn’t really choose well and Jake was the only one that would complete the holiday in gold. The rest got some things done but nothing to send them into gold.
    2021-05-08-07_32_10-The-Sims%E2%84%A2-4.jpg?resize=1024%2C555&ssl=1

Mia is really glad Jake is living with them now. And she really loves the room in the new house.
    2021-05-08-07_42_16-The-Sims%E2%84%A2-4.jpg?resize=1024%2C555&ssl=1

Skye helps Eli out of the crib and on to his own two feet. Eli is a silly toddler and that is going to be lots of fun.
    2021-05-08-07_47_12-The-Sims%E2%84%A2-4.jpg?resize=1024%2C555&ssl=1

Of course, there is the initial trip to start learning how to use the potty.
    2021-05-08-07_48_01-The-Sims%E2%84%A2-4.jpg?resize=1024%2C555&ssl=1

And the boy grew up starving so now they are going to work on feeding him. Something is wrong with where the high chair is placed because Skye can put him into the high chair but cannot put the food on the tray. I can move the food to the tray and Eli can eat it so not really sure what stupid thing the game is doing.
    2021-05-08-07_51_10-The-Sims%E2%84%A2-4.jpg?resize=1024%2C555&ssl=1

The instant she has a free moment, this is her choice. Every time. She also cleans it up afterwards.
    2021-05-08-07_52_25-The-Sims%E2%84%A2-4.jpg?resize=1024%2C555&ssl=1

The house has stairs so it is very important for Eli to learn his movement skill. He is exhausted now but he stays on the slide until he reaches level 2 so that he can go up and down the stairs.
    2021-05-08-08_04_25-The-Sims%E2%84%A2-4.jpg?resize=1024%2C555&ssl=1

Moving to a bigger house was good timing. It looks like Jake and Skye are going to have a fairly large family.
    2021-05-08-08_06_12-The-Sims%E2%84%A2-4.jpg?resize=1024%2C555&ssl=1

Exhausted and heading upstairs to play. At this point, still trying to get him into gold for the holiday. His birthday holiday.
    2021-05-08-08_09_47-The-Sims%E2%84%A2-4.jpg?resize=1024%2C555&ssl=1

Eli doesn’t care about the holiday. He just wants to sleep.
    2021-05-08-08_11_13-The-Sims%E2%84%A2-4.jpg?resize=1024%2C555&ssl=1

While he is waiting for Jake to put him to bed, he manages to play a little, but not enough for the holiday tradition.
    2021-05-08-08_11_51-The-Sims%E2%84%A2-4.jpg?resize=1024%2C555&ssl=1

DADDY!!!
    2021-05-08-08_12_46-The-Sims%E2%84%A2-4.jpg?resize=1024%2C555&ssl=1

Finally. Jake puts Eli to bed and everyone winds down their day. The weekend is over and morning comes quickly.
    2021-05-08-08_13_29-The-Sims%E2%84%A2-4.jpg?resize=1024%2C555&ssl=1
    ~Teresa~
    My Sims 4 Gallery // EA ID: TSmetana
  • miss_eulenaugemiss_eulenauge Posts: 250 Member
    @Skeilah Wow! Thank you so much! Oh my gosh, that's amazing.
    I think that for the rest of May it might not be worth the effort - after all, there will be 5-6 birthdays in the next two weeks (not counting the parent's adult birthday). But once I start the "slow aging" and my Challenge Sim is in the picture... Would you be willing to do something like that every couple of weeks or months? It doesn't have to be fancy, really!
    | Amelia Britton - A Lifetime of Sims || Louise Aldrich - A Year-Long Challenge |
    time zone: Berlin, Germany - EA Gallery ID: Noctuara
  • Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    @miss_eulenauge
    Yes, there's a lot of brilliant stories and writers in this thread in my opinion. Sometimes my jaw drops in awe, it's humbling to have so many doing this challenge! <3 Makes sense about the lights for kids. One tip about toddlers that might help for the future, if you get their thinking skill up, they won't have as many nightmares. I always try to give my toddlers the light that looks like a moon with stars shining above it, kids too. They wake up with a 'comforting' moodlet. :)

@Skeilah
    Epic battle with the Mother! Congratulations to Bryon and everyone else on his team! Was a little concerned about Noelle, but thought it was so sweet how Erwin ran over to help her. He's a sweetie and has a crush on her, I just know it! ;) The babies are toddlers now and we get to see their alien form. They are absolutely beautiful with the blue skin and blond hair. So heartwarming how the first thing said by them to Bryon is "Dada!" <3 Loved every bit of this update, Bravo, take a bow! :)

@permanentrose
    Fabulous battle with the Mother! Loved how when Jules got knocked down Emmett came running to the rescue. I thought for sure he was going to get eaten. o.O I couldn't believe you'd kill off Emmett, but of course that wasn't the case, and they shared their first kiss! Finally! Pose packs really made this story shine! Congratulations on finishing the aspiration in style! :) You're right about the dramatic music and sounds during the fight scene too, highly recommend turning the sound on for it, Devs did a great job with that eh? :)

@SoulGal7
    Yeah, lots of discussion! :D Sometimes I wonder if I have them talk TOO much, but in this case it was needed to decipher everything they found. It's just the two of them, so they'll have to figure out everything for themselves. I figured since Erwin has one for sale as part of the aspiration, it made sense they'd ask him about getting them. Not sure who will be the other two on Essa's team yet, but I have some ideas. ;) It's hard getting them out to do much else when focusing on some of the aspirations unless you make extra characters a part of the story. I don't have too many 'extras' in mine, I mostly concentrate on the Essa & Josh, sometimes Frank when I remember to do that. Poor robot gets ignored sometimes. o.O I need to consciously work on getting Essa out and about more I guess. :)
    @miss_eulenauge
    Opps! Missed commenting on your latest chapter! Ugh, I liked those gnomes at first, but they drop soooo many seed packets, it's almost like cheating. Especially for Rags to Riches Sims. That's why I got rid of Harvestfest altogether for Essa. I could've just edited to remove the gnomes part, but meh. However, I have a chart someone made that tells what kind of objects the gnomes enjoy for their type to successfully appease them. Just in case some feel that would be a bit cheaty, I'll put it in a spoiler.
    75sE1NE.jpg

The twins grew up into beautiful children. Oh dear, glad Greg was able to save Granny! Glad the twins liked their journals and their need beds. Fun update. :)
  • EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,868 Member
    I'll do proper comments and multiupdate tomorrow, now only replying to mentions not under spoilers and nothing to do with my game :)

@SoulGal7 , haha a dishwasher :p Okay I won't lecture her again :D (did she brought the clean plats back??? :joy: )
    @miss_eulenauge , okay :) I only asked as those kind of mods, hiders and blockers, will always cause the CC mark even if no CC really used :)
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina
  • permanentrosepermanentrose Posts: 3,789 Member
    @sassytxbrat
    Thanks for answering my question, wasn't sure if you had a scheduled move for the challenge that I missed - the needing more space reason makes sense!

And ugh, those messes...I used MCCC to turn off autonomous mess making. It's kind of understandable when they're toddlers, but I couldn't stand it when kids would do it CONSTANTLY, so I finally just gave up and turned them off haha. They can still make messes if I command them to. Which I don't do very often ;) Toddler Eli is cute too. Cute he got his Mama's blonde hair

@Karababy52
    And right as I've finished the mystery, you're really starting to get into it haha. Lol, I enjoyed your comment about throwing the vaccines on people. The sims really needs to address that :D Nice discussion and planning for Josh and Essa. The collection of documents in front of them was a nice touch too! LOL, love that Frank is reciting lines from Romeo and Juliet with Bendy's name in there :D Melody is looking lovely in your save too with all her CC. I see you continue to dip your toes in a little more and more as time goes on ;) Nice that she and Melody have started a friendship, that will be nice :)

So I have only had two group battles with the Mother plant, and both times no members have died, though some of them might pass out in the middle and look kind of dead but then be fine. I think the Mother plant death is a little like the robotics table death - if they fight once alone they will become dazed, and if they try to fight immediately after, they will die. So don't fight alone, and you should be fine haha.

And thanks for your compliments on my final battle. Posing them without being able to edit the lot and place the teleporters was a lot of extra work, but I was determined :D Glad it was worth it in the end. I've had this idea in my head for a long, long time now, so it's pretty surreal it's finally here, and Emmett and Jules can finally be properly in love. I'm excited for it though. Emmett's such a special sim, since he was the first toddler I ever created, so I'm glad he finally has a purposeful storyline <3 Emmett will only die if I can't save him. And even then, a quiet exit without saving might happen in that case unless I have a good reason not to...haha

@LegacySims2017
    I'm glad that Jackson has started opening up to Duane, and really nice of Duane to try to offer to have him stay at his place and take him to a kava party. I didn't realize that teens can't drink Kava - I might have never tried, but I also have mods that might allow for teens to drink too, lol. Sometimes I really don't know what's from a mod and what's actually part of a vanilla game anymore :D The first are really cool, I love taking things slow and appreciating things like that.

Also thanks for the compliment on my daily image, that pose worked out perfectly and I was quite pleased :)

@Skeilah
    Great battle and great pics! I love that Erwin went to tend to Noelle too, they are a cute pair :) Also kind of cool that Johnny and Bryon were fighting alone at the end. Two brothers taking down the source of the infection! In my game, Jules and Emmett were the last two standing - Hugo and Chloe both got in fights with infected townies and then dropped out of the battle. I just already had too much in my story to include so I didn't include that. And yay, a happy ending, Audrey and Alex find daddy Bryon and already know that he's their dada <3

Also super funny this was how they spent their Winterfest :D

@SoulGal7
    Thanks for the comment on my story. I had this planned for a while actually, so it's kind of surreal that it's actually here now. I definitely got a bit emotional when posing them and writing up my story. They've just been through so much, and I'm so glad I finally foudn the right time to get them together <3 I can't even believe I lasted 5 months since I've known I've wanted them together since January

@miss_eulenauge
    The twins look great aged up! So cute! So fun they shared a birthday with Harvestfest too. What a busy day. Those gnomes always make me laugh. I play with really long seasons and haven't had the Season pack for very long, so I haven't had that many Harvestfests yet so I feel like I'm still getting the hang of how the gnomes work, haha. Glad you saved Granny too! Always so terrifying when the Grim shows up...I always have death flowers on hand as soon as I graft them, just in case. I love how toddlers need help blowing out candles. Also so stinking cute.

Also doesn't matter if you tag me or not, I have notifications for this thread turned on for all posts. Just let me know if you're directing a comment at me though, since sometimes I don't read replies to other people's stuff

@IllusoryThrall
    Nice dumpster diving Bennie, lol. Even without a lot of photos, I know you're working hard to keep this family afloat!

@permanentrose
    The messes are a quick way to level imagination for the toddlers, although definitely a pain. I hate when children make them, but cleaning them up counts for one of the scouting badges. normally I keep them tightly scheduled so they don't have time.
    ~Teresa~
    edited May 2021
    May - Day 15: "A good intention with a bad approach, often leads to poor results."

vOtoP1D.png

Notes
    408x9hU.png
    "Hey Erwin, remember me?"
    "Hey, hey, Essa. How'd those bugs work out for you? I'm guessing great and this is Josh?"
    "Yes, good to meet you Erwin."

"I'm actually here to ask you about the other stuff you have. Would that happen to include a keycard to the Lab?"

zoCJRDl.png
    "Oh yeah, sure, I've got one of those, do you have something for me?"
    "You do? That's great and yes, we found some scientific documents that might interest you. Can we do a trade?"

Erwin looks through the dossier Essa and Josh have compiled, his eyes getting bigger and bigger as he read. Suddenly he closes it with a snap and puts it quickly under the counter.

"It's a deal, here you go, one keycard. Guaranteed to work or your...uh, well you can't have the dossier back, but it'll work, I promise!"

03XLilZ.png
    "Okay, thanks Erwin. Can I ask you one more thing? Do you happen to know where I can get a couple hazmat suits?"
    "Well, what do you know, it's your lucky day! I just happen to have a couple of those too!"
    "Great! What do you want for them?"
    "$1000 each. But I don't have them here, look around, there's no room in this booth. I have to get them from my supply warehouse. It'll take about a week."
    "A week? Uh, okay. Do you need a deposit? Or can we pay upon delivery?"
    "No deposit required, you have an honest face. Just be here exactly a week from today at this time and I'll have them waiting for you."

HgRJxcT.png
    "Thanks Erwin, we'll be here."
    "You're welcome! Now, is there anything else I can interest you in today? Perhaps a colorful stuffed armadillo? On sale today only for the low, low price of $25!"
    "No, just the suits will do, but thanks anyway."
    "Alright, you're welcome. See you next week Essa, oh and Josh."

Josh nodded at Erwin and the couple walked a little ways from the booth.

1iyY6sl.png
    "A week, that's a long time with everything going on. It's getting worse and who knows what's going to happen in a whole week."
    "Yeah, but what choice do we have? He's our only contact for this kind of stuff. Maybe I should take a chance and ask around the base."

3JTlZ3f.png
    "No, I don't think that's a good idea at all. I say we go to the Lab, now, and see if that keycard works."
    "What? No, not without a hazmat suit, it's too dangerous. We don't have our disguises either."

KQQ8XAs.png
    "Oh come on Josh, we don't need those disguises, I'm betting there's no one there. I told you what that military guy said, everyone's been ordered to stay away from the Lab."
    "No, no, no, Gawd you're stubborn! I still don't think it's a good idea, what about the blue mist?"

rEvayAj.png
    "I thought you said I was strong and could take care of myself. Didn't you mean what you said? I thought you always mean what you say?"
    "I do and you are."

epA7Lgy.png
    "I just don't want you to get infected with that stuff. I can't stand the thought of you sick and under the control of...whatever is down there. I just want to keep you safe."

ArR1NbP.png
    "I know Josh and I love you for it. But all we'll be doing is seeing if the keycard works. If there's a blue mist, we'll transportalate out of there so fast make your head spin, okay?"

bIgRGC5.png
    "Alright, alright, fine. But do I have your word we'll leave immediately if there's someone there or the keycard works on the door, it opens and we see some kind of blue mist coming out of it?"
    "You have my word, I promise."
    "Okay, good, let's go."

g3ZH7fW.png
    "I don't see anybody around, do you?"
    "No, I guess you were right. It's been totally abandoned since the explosion. Which makes me nervous. Why are they so determined to keep everyone out? Maybe that blue mist escaped the lower levels? You should be nervous too Beautiful."
    "We'll be fine, we were before, right?"
    (Why do I let her talk me into these things?)
    "I suppose. I still don't like it."
    (Such a stubborn guy.)
    (You know he's just looking out for you though. He loves you.)
    (Yeah, I know.)
    "Aim for the same spot inside as before, that was perfect."

Uwio85N.png
    4hU8h7k.png
    "Should I just go ahea...why are you staring at the door like that?"
    "I'm keeping an eye on the door seam for that blue mist so I can transportalate us both out of here if I see it when you open the door."
    "Oh, okay, well, here goes nothing."

P896A4n.png
    *DING*

*Access Confirmed* was now scrolling across the display above and the big steel door began to slowly slide open.

"Nothing blue yet...but, wait!"

KYgFXxH.png
    "What are those pink and purple things floating out of there?"
    "I don't know, but they're not blue and not a mist. I didn't read anything about pink floatie things. Did you?"
    "No, I didn't. How do you feel? Have a sudden urge to go all twitchy? Let me see your eyes."

kQygssE.png
    "My eyes are fine Josh and the rest of me feels fine too. How about you?"
    "I'm good, but I still don't like this. We should go now. The keycard worked, that's all we wanted to accomplish."
    "I say we keep going."
    "Beautiful, remember your promise? You gave me your word."

2C8SAjL.png
    "But there's no blue mist Josh. We both feel fine, let's keep going. We're here, so why not?"
    "Wait! Don't go in there!"
    "I'm going, are you coming or not?"

ZgQRpea.png
    "Oh for...ESSA! Alright, fine, wait up!"
    (Man, she sure can move fast when she wants to.)

Fq1kHsJ.png
    "It's just another room Josh. No blue mist yet."

MOSu2Jo.png
    (Ugh! This isn't good, this isn't good, this isn't good, freakin' stubborn woman. How can I keep her safe if she won't listen to me?)
    (You love that freakin' stubborn woman and admit it, you admire her courage.)
    (I do...Dangit.)

wfSVNeW.png
    "Okay, I spoke too soon, there it is. The blue mist!"
    "Beautiful, get away from there! You don't want to breath in that stuff!"

hMre4xr.png
    "It's not coming in this room for some reason. Must be some kind of filtration barrier system designed to keep it back."
    "Okay, whatever, now let's go! Come on Beautiful! We can't get by that without hazmat suits. We'll have to come back."
    "Yeah...I suppose you're right." *sigh* Oh! But, wait...I have an idea."
    (Of course she does. Freakin', stubborn woman.)
    (And why am I so turned on right now?)
    Post edited by Karababy52 on
  • LegacySims2017LegacySims2017 Posts: 5,226 Member
    Month 1 ~ Sulani ~ Day 15

jackson-05-15-08.jpg?w=683

Story:
    Day 15 (Sunday)

When Jackson woke up, everyone was still sleeping. He changed into his jogging suit he brought with and snuck out for a run. He enjoyed the scenery on all his jogs. Today was no different. When he arrived back from his run about an hour or so later, everyone was now awake. He hoped he didn’t wake them when he left. He asked permission to use the bathe and Lilliana insisted he didn’t need to request for something like that. She invited him to even use the lavender foam as it is relaxing. She even prepared the facial portion of it with him. He felt like he was in heaven when he was soaking in the bathe.

When he had finished, breakfast was waiting for him on the table. Today he felt like he was part of the family. The way they were treating him, he was wondering if Duane had told Makoa and Lilliana what he shared with Duane. Jackson joined Makoa at the table.

Makoa: “Good morning!”

Jackson: “Good morning, sir.”

Makoa: “No need to call me sir. How have you been enjoying Sulani? Duane mentioned he showed you around yesterday. It’s a small island but plenty to see.”

Jackson had relaxed from his bathe soaking, but now he was starting to tense up. He trusted Duane not to tell anyone of his situation.

Jackson: “This is a really great place.”

Makoa: “Duane also mentioned you were interested in going to one of our weekend kava parties. It will be nice to meet your parents. It is wonderful to have new folks to the community.”

Jackson sighed with relief in knowing Duane didn’t share anything. At the same time he didn’t know what to say to Makoa. So he shrugged his shoulders in response and put a fork full of eggs into his mouth.

Later that early evening was the time for many of the islanders and guests to gather for the kava party. Each Sunday they would gather together to socialize about how their week has been. Not only was there socializing, but there was dancing and drinking. It was a party, after all. Jackson was suppose to work in the evening and Duane was able to pull strings so the two of them could be the lifeguards.

Families started arriving around 5:00pm. A lot of the adults hung out together when the kava drinks were made. Many of the kids played out in the water. Jackson watched as some of them along with a few adults swam around and played. Food was made and a bunch grabbed some plates and socialized at the table. Jackson was soon getting to know many more of the citizens of Sulani. Some shared stories of treasure around the island and if Jackson was lucky enough, he might find some.

Around 11:00pm, the party was trickling to an end. The adults had to go back to work and the kids had school the next day. Duane pulled Jackson aside on the pier and they share a cup of kava together. Duane has had kava before, but Jackson has not. Soon, Jackson was in a world of his own for most of the rest of the night.

Side Notes:
    • I temporarily moved Jackson into the Kealoha household for this chapter. It helped when it came time to prepare for the kava party portion of the Beach Life Aspiration. At the end of the chapter, I moved Jackson out along with the only simoleons he had made from his lifeguard job.
    • I forgot Jackson had to work weekend evenings. Brain fart moment. So, I had him and Duane use PTO and then pretend he worked the kava party rather than hosting it.
    • Teenagers cannot drink kava, so I aged up Jackson and Duane to young adults for just a small period moment to grab a kava drink. Then I aged them back down to teenagers immediately after. Luckily this did not effect their employment.
    • Aspiration: Beach Life: Milestone I: Earn Gold on a Kava Party — completed
    • Aspiration: Beach Life: Tourist — completed

Bonus Images:
    jackson-05-15-01.jpg?w=683
    jackson-05-15-02.jpg?w=683
    jackson-05-15-03.jpg?w=683
    jackson-05-15-04.jpg?w=683
    jackson-05-15-05.jpg?w=683
    jackson-05-15-06.jpg?w=683
    jackson-05-15-07.jpg?w=683

Aspirations Completed:
    • None

Traits:
    • Personality: Active, Bro
    • Aspirations: Home Turf
    • Reward: Hero (Mod), Everyman (Mod)

Skills:
    • Charisma - 4/10
    • Comedy - 1/10
    • Fitness – 4/10
    • Logic - 2/10
    • Naturism (Mod) - 1/10
    • Persuasion (Mod) - 1/10
    Visit LegacySims.net!
    pol-reese.gif
    (Twitter Me: LSims2017)
    *Updated my May 15th post above! :)
    @permanentrose
    Yep, I'm dragging this out as much as possible! :D I doubt they will, but it would be nice if they did. Lots of discussing and planning. We'll see how those plans pan out though. ;) hehe Frank is so in love with Bendy! Josh needs to get on the stick and make a female robot for him to love! Melody is such a beautiful Sim, I love her! And yes, I'm adding more CC little by little. Just on an as needed basis though. Melody needed her CC to look like, well Melody! ;) I'm glad she finally showed up somewhere! Rarely see any challenge Sims, it's weird. So far it's just been; Astrid in ROM, Roxanne in Britechester and now Melody in SV.

That's exactly right! I've played this a few times and my first was the only one to die because he did try it on his own. Reason why? Everyone he'd recruited didn't stick around once they got to the Mother chamber, one-by-one they all ran off! o.O So yes, he tried on his own. I don't know why I made him do that. LOL! I guess I was angry all his recruits abandoned him and thought Ridge would think, "Fine, I'll do it myself then!" BIG mistake! Plus, I didn't know about throwing the vaccine at it either at the time. That's a key strategy in being successful in my opinion. Live and learn I guess. :)

You're welcome and I imagine it was a lot of work. I haven't a clue about pose mods, but have read they're tricky. So posing without them must've been even trickier. Aww, that's so cool he's so special to you. I know what that's like, obviously. ;) *Hugs Josh tight* I hope they live a long and happy life together with a houseful of kids! ;)
  • SkeilahSkeilah Posts: 1,762 Member
    edited May 2021
    May 16
    nOP1A3U.png
    Link to blogpost

Bryons Diary
    CXaLhxp.png
    We’re now a few months later. Life has gotten pretty nice after we defeated Mother. Aliens and humans now live together in peace.

wJiTZOO.png
    Noelle and Erwin are the living example of that, since they started dating not too long ago.
    (all these people who saw the hints in my previous posts, congrats!!)

They helped us out so well with the toddlers (especially Noelle)! Naoki and I don't know anything about aliens, so having one as a friend surely is a good thing for us now.

4I8ec5S.png
    Noelle taught the toddlers how to ‘alien’ while also living in a human environment.

iQY70kI.png
    The toddlers even learned to develop a disguise with genetics of both me and Naoki. I didn’t even knew aliens had that ability!

tVoVUGB.png
    Looks like Alex decided to look more like Naoki, while Audrey decided to look more like me.

3GOKEWk.png
    Since Noelle and Erwin don’t have children of their own (yet), they often take the twins with them to do something fun together. The twins love uncle Erwin and aunt Noelle for sure!
    koppTCP.pngSubscribe to my WordPress blog to stay updated!
    edited May 2021
    @Skeilah
    Awww... What a cute little post. I love toddlers in this game! Their disguises are great too. Noelle and Erwin make a fun copule together, they seem perfect for each other! (and on second thought - they could very well have kids without affecting what I'm planning for these two! I'd just need to have them grow up and move out before everyone appears in my save :) Now I'm getting so sad that they all will need some major makeovers for my save, and everyone will lose their alien form, but I guess I can't help it. I'll just have to take what I got.)
    Post edited by miss_eulenauge on
    | Amelia Britton - A Lifetime of Sims || Louise Aldrich - A Year-Long Challenge |
    @miss_eulenauge
    Thanks! I totally forgot to upload Noelle and Erwin for you 😂 gonna do that immediately after sending this post! You can still adore their alien stuff in my save ;) don’t feel bad you’ll have to change stuff! I kust hope they don’t end up being totally naked in your game when you open them up lol😂😂
    edited May 2021
    @Skeilah
    Again thank you so much for the help with the poses.
    I think they would make awesome parents, and in my game they won't get kids because I'm too lazy to build them a new house. The one I have ready is one-bedroom unfortunately, and I don't have room or time to change that. But if you want to, you could let them have some kiddos in your game and occasionally show screenshots all throughout May? I'd add them at the beginning of June when they begin to be story-relevant, and just age them up to Adult or Elder and make their kids YA and moved out?
    About them being naked: They will most definitely be naked - I only own Seasons, Parenthood and Basegame right now. But that's ok, they'll just have changed a lot in the time being? Though I'll probably try to copy their styles from the Gallery picture or any additional pictures you send me ;)
    @miss_eulenauge
    MCCC does all the work concerned to pregnancy in my game. I never make Sims pregnant myself, so lets hope the game gives them some kids :) Just let me know when you want them (with or without kids if they have them) and I’ll make sure they are on the gallery. You always have to check the cc box because everything gets marked cc in my game :3
  • permanentrosepermanentrose Posts: 3,789 Member
    edited May 2021
    Lots of photos today, but I just couldn't cut back :)

Update 135 - And so things settle into place

WojyOpj.jpg

Notes:
    Why yes, Jules and Emmett both got new hairstyles. I'm still getting used to Jules', especially since it's a bit lighter than her usual color, despite being the same swatch. (CC hair is weird sometimes). We can pretend that the Stangerville sun has given her some natural highlights. This is the last CC hair that I've found that I can tolerate on her so far, so she'll probably have this for a long time, or go back to one of her previous ones. Also I'm doing a bit of a time jump, since Ruby is going to age up (so exciting and a little sad, I'll miss that little tot) but before I do that, let's check in to see what happened after they defeated the Mother plant.

Of course, getting Bex cured was the number one priority.
    ZRJW0OE.jpg
    aaaCCiS.jpg

And then she fetched Ruby from Mario's house. Jules never wants to go this long without seeing her kiddo again.
    DlUHqAI.png
    4b9W5JU.png

And Bex of course reunited with her mother, Theresa. What a surreal and emotional moment for both of them.
    CPLfdts.jpg
    EduLnfd.jpg
    kYO7FJ8.jpg

"Oh hey, George, guess you're kind of my stepdad, nice to meet you." :D
    AP47ATL.jpg

Bex offered to have Theresa and George move into the mansion with her, but they've grown rather attached to Strangerville. They are now living on the trailer lot where Jules and Hugo lived briefly, and they are going to work to fix it up. They still own the bunker lot though (made it a retail lot that I'll never actually open). You never know when the world might almost end again, and you've got to be prepared...

Jacques Villareal has given up his criminal ways. He autonomously went outside to react to the first snow when I loaded their lot - thought that was cute. He's ready to enjoy the simple things in life again, now that he's not under a constant state of mind control.
    Jk3g5n5.png

Jacques has used his extravagant wealth to buy Hugo a bakery, so that Hugo can focus on his love for cooking and sharing it with others. (I totally would have had him open a restaurant instead if I owned Dine Out, but since I have yet to purchase that pack, I'm making do with using a retail lot as a bakery)
    A2dNszz.png

And Hugo and Skeilah are officially dating now, and she's always happy to taste test his creations.
    RMaIWZc.png

I forgot to check in with Chloe. Poor Chloe. Let's just assume she's happy being a scientist somewhere, HAHA.

Mario and Becca's twins were born! Meet Gemma and Josie.
    Weu8bqy.png
    Also not sure how relevant this will be to the story, but since I was doing a lot of maintenance behind the scenes anyway, I decided to check in with Brittany, who has been pregnant with Toby's kid for a while now (I just didn't want to add the pregnancy into the story earlier, there was already so much drama with that affair haha)

Anyway, I triggered her labor and she had a baby boy named Jack. Who knows, maybe he'll torment Jules' kids down the line or something...or be the sweetest kid ever. No plans for him yet :)
    P59gXib.png

And Jules has settled into a lovely little life in a house that she purchased up on the plateau. Emmett has decided to stay in the military, at least for now, since it is no longer run by corrupt officers. So Jules has decided to stay in Strangerville while he's stationed there to be close to him. In fact, she insisted Emmett move in with them, since the army barracks were such a sad little living arrangement and he was over their house all the time anyway. I didn't mean to rush Emmett and Jules' relationship this much, but the time jump right now just made sense, so now they are officially dating. They have bridged the gap between friends and lovers with ease. So here are some photos of their budding romance :)
    mFFHuTr.png
    kjErUfb.png

Their first woohoo was maybe a little awkward at first, but in the best way. They've been waiting so long for this :)
    slTC4SD.png

Ruby and Pickle of course adore each other.
    seaFeLT.png

And, as the time has passed, Ruby has started growing up...
    FxuxeY3.png

And I'll reveal her aged up makeover tomorrow :)

And let's take a tour of Jules' new house since I'm quite proud of how it turned out :)
    Built this house completely from scratch since it's been a few months since I've done that. Tried to go for that Victorian farmhouse vibe. I might eventually do some landscaping, but I just haven't had the time to delve into that recently.

cOBtx8N.jpg

I might add more to this backyard area eventually, but it's still winter in my game, so they won't be using the outside too much for now. (No time has actually passed lol, I just pretended it did for story purposes :D) I am thinking about changing my season length since 28 day seasons are just taking way too long to get through.
    5pnoIne.jpg

Love this little side porch area. The porch swing does not actually move, it just functions as a loveseat, but I love the aesthetic.
    LnzGNWf.jpg

The entryway.
    KjsjZnN.jpg
    waX1iTI.jpg

Living room
    x5T3kqS.jpg
    y2Y6zFW.jpg
    5gQ5Vrw.jpg

Dining room
    waYdeYh.jpg

Kitchen
    DkRXRU9.jpg
    FpwfHzJ.jpg
    7hI2e5w.png

I made a laundry room, probably will regret having laundry spawn :D I just love making laundry rooms for realism though
    u6dtAM7.png

Ruby's room (trying to keep the furniture with the rustic Victorian vibe of the house, but wanted to add in some fun, bright little girl decor too :smile:)
    OzX8jvc.jpg
    zbD0A2Z.jpg
    7qVfzW0.jpg

Jules' (and Emmett's!!! Still surreal that they're together :D) room is kind of in need of some love, I'll have to go back and give it some attention later.
    MgYzDMO.png

There's also an office area/skilling room up here. I'm planning on putting photographs and paintings that they all do up on the walls for decoration.
    zvQeSNm.jpg
    TgJh8gX.png

This is my favorite part, hanging up behind the desk. I used a mod to get Emmett's grad photo and cheats to pull up a Foxbury diploma since I cheated his degree in economics.
    oIC5qth.jpg

Bathroom. Don't love this tub, would have just done a shower, but I needed a tub for when Pickle needs a bath. And I wanted a shower for some fun activities that I'm sure Emmett and Jules will do later ;) There's a downstairs bathroom but it's so small it's not even worth trying to get pictures of.
    huHw6iT.jpg

Lastly, I added a basement. Wanted to give it that unfinished storage vibe. It will be used to house Jules' garden, which I've neglected the past few months.
    9rRlRbX.jpg

Also some more skilling items that didn't fit upstairs.
    i8yyxBR.jpg

And I put in a gym since Emmett will need it for the military career, and also since Jules has the active trait I'm sure she'll enjoy a home gym as well. It looked a little sad and bare, so I put up those Strangerville posters since I'll probably never use them otherwise haha.
    47Zmlzv.jpg

Whew, finally done! I loved making this house though, and I'm glad Jules will get to live in it for a bit now!

Post edited by permanentrose on
    @permanentrose Lovely update again. Just an overview, but somestimes we just need to see everyone live happily until the next disaster comes ;)
    I was reading through the thread, and you mentioned that you had this main save where you play rotationally. I'd be interested in hearing how you do it, especially in terms of MCC settings... If you ever have the time... (Apologies if I mistook you for somebody else.)

@Karababy52 I'm at the post where you got CC. I already have Eyelashes, but I'm just so lost when it comes to everything else, and I'd be interested in some overlays for skin, eyes and perhaps babies. Could you or @Ellupelluellu help me with that project sometime after my exams?

@Skeilah Thank you for letting me know, I'll tell you when I need them. And yes, we'll see if the game gives them kids! By the way, I'd be interested in your MCC settings as well, sometime in the future. I am still struggling with MCC going crazy with random adoptions, marriages and pregnancies not just for townies but also for families I want to keep intact and story-progress myself. I'd perhaps let it do a little bit, but right now it's just going crazy.
    @miss_eulenauge
    About my MCCC-settings - mine also go a little crazy, but a little less then they did before :P It's just like you say. I tried something, I'll play a few days and then see what's going on. Sometimes I like it a lot, sometimes I get way too heavy results and I need to lighten the settings. It's a looooong process which is still going on. I'm never done with my MCCC-settings. I think my adoptions are off or very limited, but idk actually, because I turned MCCC notifications off. I'll just see what happens in my game when I look around, lol :P

One tip: if you really have people you don't want to play with but don't want anything to happen with them thanks to MCCC, you can flag them. I always flag the sims that need to stay where they are with 'no offspring' and 'no marriage'.
    @Skeilah Thank you, that's super helpful already! I always thought that would make people unable to have kids and marry in general, and when I actively play them as well :)
    edited May 2021
    We'll see about the timeline of this - I'm too lazy to organize myself, so some kids might age up earlier or later than normal by a day or so... Yeah. Just don't look too closely, and everything will work out in the end! ;)
    Now for the difficult part: Writing an update out of 54 photos without taking hours to do so... :# Perhaps I'll use a few related ones without commentary? Do you think this got too long, or do you like long updates?
    Actually all the birthdays are a pity, in a way. Today I got such great pics of the kids, or of them in their scouting uniforms, or of Sarah and Greg at the pool, but I always think that after a birthday that kid should get the Photo of the day. Well, perhaps tomorrow our cute little scouts will get the spotlight?
    Eh, I guess I'll just try to do something with them every day, until the Challenge Sim finally arrives and my exams are over - really looking forward to that. I want to be able to focus more on one person or two, and on their feelings and interactions! Eh, we'll see.
    last Update | Overview post&rules
    Update 12 - Bridgeview

8xR7Gxh.png

Sarah's Diary
    XNRjlqE.png
    I am still so excited by the twins all grown up and having their first day of school! I made them sack lunches and all that.
    znOSjTc.png
    While they were at school, a senior scout came over and delivered their scouts uniforms and scouting board. (No he did not, I was just feeling lucky that this teen passed by literally when I wanted to take a photo of the new scouting board)
    vKVxM0T.png
    AcDxiLS.png
    qkJVm20.png
    H760N6M.png
    And we already had a few questions from school... Mark told me about his cheating in the afternoon, and how he just wanted to look good in front of his classmates. I understand his feelings, but cheating isn't an option, and I'm sure he knows that too after this.
    5vIPrCH.png
    While the twins were at school, we used the opportunity to check out the new pool in town, and I have to say, it is quite pretty! It was really fun to not have to worry about a toddler and his next meal, and the diapers, and if he'd slip, or anything... We both have been losing us as a couple due to the constant demands of having kids within a tight budget, so there wasn't much going on between the two of us for a while. But times like this really help... We should really do this more often.
    NYhgNxS.png
    YuBV0s2.png
    qDsLqA5.png
    533LxxE.png
    FWrPwYX.png
    NW7Ouhf.png
    HcSBWA7.png
    OAJQNaK.png
    0DAObR8.png
    Then, it was already time to go back home, because school had finished. Look at them! (Yes, I'm an embarrassingly proud Mama according to my kids... I don't care!) I heard that they each have met some kids at school, so perhaps we'll go to the Park this weekend?
    nuByjeZ.png
    Poor Mark took out the trash despite being sad about his school test. I guess his guilty conscience was bothering him?
    ftv5Qfq.png
    I'm so glad they love the swing set and are big enough to go outside without supervision. <3
    S1LdEry.png
    What in the world was Greg doing there??? Flirting at the Mirror? We'll see...
    HeTXt28.png
    I didn't forget to remind them about their homework. I want them to get good grades and not blow any oppprtunities there! Who knows what job I'd gotten without my High school diploma? Not one as good as this, that's certain! I hope I'll still have time to help them with their homework when Miles ages up.
    Nu76Fzg.png
    See?! There are the creepy gnomes! They haven't moved an inch today, but be warned: I'll keep them in my eye!
    pOiVA8v.png
    QrdtrIi.png
    Then, Mark and Sophia were both asking for some more advice on school.
    iMVBuBU.png
    "How do you think Miles will look?" - "Well, we'll see soon enough!"
    8xR7Gxh.png
    And... Tada! This is little Miles Britton. He's got his father's hair, and his humor! I swear, he's so cute when he giggles... Even Greg finds himself laughing at his jokes. Is there anything inside him except giggles and cuteness? <3
    sObixc6.png
    After his birthday, Sophia went back outside, despite it being quite chilly. I couldn't possibly get her into bed!
    P7M30So.png
    That reminded me... I'd wanted to set a curfew! For now, it is at 7 pm, so we can eat dinner together and then I can look at the kid's homework.
    Eg4dX3s.png
    Aand... Same procedure as every day... Daily Bathroom picture! Hiding between the camera: a sick Greg in the Bathtub... I swear, I was only pottytrainig Miles, not Sophia too! I think she misunderstood, judging by her look there.
    QjVO0Bs.png
    This had been an exciting day for all of us, but for me, it wasn't over yet.
    1WHnY9g.png
    Awww... Both bassinettes are empty... My babies are growing up!
    TeHKOhh.png
    Right before bed, the kids finally found their last birthday present: the scouting board!
    LFZfSqm.png
    They were super excited for their first meeting (I think it'll be tomorrow already!), but I got them in bed before passing out myself.

For tomorrow, I have planned a trip to the park so everyone can make some friends. And I still want to know what Greg was practising there!

Schedule
    I am planning to play for 14 months, starting on the 1st of June with the Main Sim's toddler birthday. In May I will set up the rest of the family and play the Main Sim's baby stage. After that: 2 weeks as a toddler, 1 1/2 months as a child, 3 months as a teen, 3 months as a Young Adult, 3 months as an Adult and 3 months as an Elder for the Main Sim.
    For all others, I will use these MCC settings, starting on 1st of June, so it roughly works. (Combined, the Teen, YA, Adult and Elder stages are exactly 365 days right now).
    • Pregnany: 5 days
    • Baby: 7 days
    • Toddler: 14 days
    • Child: 45 days
    • Teen: 90 days
    • Young Adult: 93 days
    • Adult: 92 days
    • Elder: 90 days
    This might change when I get a feeling for the challenge. I will possibly extend this for a next Gen, or extend the YA and Adult stages, if I get Brindleton Bay and subsequent other worlds. And if I manage to stick around that long.
    I will start playing in Bridgeview (Newcrest) with a big family and the Baby No. 5 as main sim. I will move neighborhood each month, alternating the worlds. This starts as soon as the Main Sim turns teen.
    I want to work on roughly two aspirations per month with my Main Sim, or, better said, on about 3 goal sets of the "Master Simmer" challenge to try and get all achievements - mainly because with my current packs there are 38 goal sets - 3,1666 per month. (See Rules).
    I think with normal play, I'll never get there! But with so much time to stretch out the skilling, it might work. And it will definitely keep me from getting bored. ;)

Characters
    --Gallery (Sims and houses): Hashtag #onemonthoneworldoneyear, Name "One Sim - Fam. Britton". My gallery name is Noctuara.
    Parents: Sarah and Greg Britton. They live on the 20x15 "Comfy Cubby" in Bridgeview, Newcrest.
    Kids: Sophia & Mark (Twins)
    • Greg Britton - Greg is a young adult who has a strong interest in Gaming and Computers and is quite a Geek. Unfortunately, he also is a bit slobby and mean. Due to his history, he is a bit troubled, has Bad Manners, is Irresponsible, Argumentative and Insensitive. But he can be nice as well... if he tries his best... (and I help him by x-ing out all his autonomous mean&mischievous interactions from the Parenthood traits) He was working in business, but hated it. So he enrolled for a Programming course and is now a freelance programmer listed with an agency. On the side, he participates in Novice Tournaments.
    • Sarah Britton - Sarah on the other hand wants to be the best parent possible, even though she is a Young Adult herself. She is very neat, good and loves being with her family. She found a job as Freelancer Artist to try and keep the two of them afloat.
    • Sophia Britton - The firstborn, and the twin of Mark. She is a child now. She continues to be very independent and to prefer doing things alone, preferably developing her mental skills.
    • Mark Britton - The secondborn and the twin of Sophia. He is a child now too. He hasn't lost his toddler charm, and likes being outdoors, where he has a lot of space to run around and play.
    • Miles Britton - The thirdborn. He is a toddler loving to entertain his entire family with jokes and cute giggles.
    others:
    • Gary Whelan, a friend of Greg from high school. Lives on "Oak Alcove", 20x15, Bridgeview. He is a Bro, Geek and Active. He works as a Game developer.
    • Fam. Aldrich, the neighbours and friends of Sarah. They live on the 30x20 "Fernpark" in Bridgeview. Elderly Pamela lives here with her Grandchildren after both parents died in a plague at young years. Pamela loves to Garden, cook at spend time with her Grandchildren. And if she had the time (and I the money), she'd love to learn to knit. Readhed Alexia, already a Young Adult, is the image of her mother. She loves to paint, channeling all her emotions on the canvas. She feels heavily responsible for her younger siblings, Tessa and Joey (twins). Tessa loves to make crafts like her big Sister and is very creative, while Joey has a lot of Energy and is very much into sports.
    @miss_eulenauge
    It’s really easy to unflag Sims again when you actually want them do to that stuff ^^ when you dont see options with them for babies or marriage - check the flags :)
  • SoulGal7SoulGal7 Posts: 3,630 Member
    edited May 2021
    May 12 - University - WK 2 - Sunday - Part 1 - The Morning After

PAINTING-A-MURAL.png
    Sakura: The Morning After

The next day, Sakura got up a little later than normal, and then got dressed and washed up. She glanced at Wolfgang's door, thinking that he might be up, but it was still closed. He was probably still sleeping off last night's drinking binge.

SUN-SAKURA-AWAKE.png

SUN-SAKURA-DOORS.png

Sakura picked up her tea maker and went downstairs and made herself a cup of tea. She sat thinking about last night. Thank goodness that Roxanne and Melody had helped her clean up, because the place was a disaster. It was almost three in the morning when the last party guest had left. River and Jeb had carried Wolfgang upstairs to his bed around one in the morning, and she could have sworn they dropped him a few times, because she heard loud thumps as they went up the two flights of stairs, and RIver was shouting a few forbidden words.

DROPPED-WOLFGANG-THE-NIGHT-BEFORE.png

She had never seen Wolfgang so drunk before. Normally, he had a few drinks, but never overdid it like last night. But he had a good time, and was in a great mood the whole night, but Sakura knew he was going to pay for it today. That is, if he ever woke up.

YES-WE-GOT-HIM-HERE.png

She thought back to Wolfgang calling for her and wanting to sing a song to her. A song he wrote for her. She remembered back when she was trying to write her song for The Plumbobs concert and Wolfgang had helped her write it. Wolfgang was rather gifted in song writing, but she just never thought he would dedicate a song to her.

And then...at the end of the night, before he had passed out, he held her hands in his and told her that he loved her. Could it be true? Did Wolfgang really love her? Like want a relationship together? Or just loved her as a friend because she was helping him get his guitar? She had heard about sims saying "I love you" to someone when they were drunk, but it wasn't meant to be a romantic confession. Although Sakura also heard that alcohol allowed sims to say something they’ve wanted to say, but were too nervous to say when sober.

FLIRTY-T-HOUGHTS.png

What was that expression she had heard, “A drunk man’s words are a sober man’s thoughts"? Could it really be true that Wolfgang had made a romantic confession to her and actually meant that he loved her in a romantic way? Sakura wondered if he would even remember what he had said to her, or anything else he had done last night. She would wait until he got up and see if he remembered.

feeling-flirty-sakura.png

She thought about Wolfgang then, and smiled. There were times when she had fantasized about what daily life would be like with Wolfgang, and she had blushed when she thought of what would transpire between them. She remembered his kiss from the concert.... there had been a smoldering heat between them and it had shocked her. But it wasn't just his kiss...it was Wolfgang, himself, and how Sakura herself felt about him. All the little caring things he did for her...the way he looked at her...and the way he joked and made her smile. But his kiss...it had reached within her heart and soul, as if he knew who she really was. Wolfgang was her best friend, but she knew she couldn't fight what she was feeling about him. She was falling so hopelessly in love with him. And she wondered if Wolfgang felt the same way about her.

KIYOSHI-HAD-CHEATED-ON-HER.png

She thought of Kiyoshi. Their relationship had been so perfect, or so she had thought. Until he had cheated on her. Now she just felt sad everytime she thought of Kiyoshi and Kaori together. Kiyoshi had broken her heart, and she didn't know if she would ever get over it. She wondered if Kiyoshi had been at that party last night if he would have professed his love to her. But the thing is, maybe it was too late. They had fallen apart, and she didn't know if they could get back to where they were before. But she couldn't tell him how she was feeling in a letter. She had to wait until after the Olympics. Sakura knew that Kiyoshi cared about her, and she really hadn't given him a chance to prove his love to her again. She felt a tear roll down her cheek. Sakura still had such intense feelings for Kiyoshi, it was hard to let go.

WIPED-A-TEAR-AWAY.png

She looked at the time and wanted to attend the Art Society gathering at UBrite Commons from 10am - 2pm. She quickly placed an ad for a roommate and wrote Wolfgang a note and left it on the bulletin board for him. Maybe he would be up later and they could talk.
    roommate-ad-rev.png

LEAVING-A-NOTE-FOR-WOLGANG.png

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Sakura travelled to the canal area behind UBrite Commons and saw some easels set up. There was only one student there already, so Sakura was glad she hadn't missed it. She was happy she had made a decision to quit soccer. She had, indeed, lost the soccer scholarship when she resigned, but she still had enough simoleons to cover the cost of Term 2 without having to pay. She was very grateful for that.

there-was-one-student-there.png

Almost immediately, a sim named Blaze came over to chat with her. He was in Art History and asked her if she had been there last Sunday.

Blaze: "I remember you. You did a really good figure painting. Are you thinking of joining the Art Society? We would love to have you."

would-i-be-able-to-join-the-art-society.png

Sakura: "Yes, actually I was here last week, but I had soccer practice and had to leave before I had a chance to chat with anyone about the organization."

Blaze discussed the various activities that the Art Society did, and Sakura decided to join.
    sun-joined-art-society.png

art-society-gathering-sun.png

A few more students showed up and Sakura painted another figure painting. The Art Society meeting ended all too soon, and since it was a nice day, Sakura decided to take out her easel and paint by the canal.

sun-sakura-took-our-her-own-easel.png

When she was done, she headed into UBrite Commons and saw that the cafeteria was open, so she ordered some lunch. She wasn't sure if she had to pay, as she didn't live in a dorm anymore, but since she was a UBrite student, the food was still free. She would let Wolfgang know that, too, so he could still eat all he wanted at Foxbury without spending a fortune.

SUN-SAKURA-ORDERS-DINNER.png

While she was eating, she heard an announcement that a Creativity Celebration was starting at the UBrite Quad. She decided to send Wolfgang a text to see if he wanted to come, but there was no response. Was he still asleep?

CELEBRATION-BY-SPIRIT-CORPS-SUN.png

Sakura headed over to the Creativity Celebration, and saw Jules and Roxanne there. They asked her if she wanted to paint a mural with them and handed Sakura a paint can. She saw Sofia there, too. Sakura thought it looked like fun and started working on the mural with them.

By the time the Creativity Celebration was over, it was pretty late, and Sakura decided to go home. She checked her phone and there was still no text from Wolfgang. Sakura hoped he was alright.

SUN-GUEST-LECTURE-SAKURA.png

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
    edited May 2021
    Mia Patina
    May 16

Week 3 Monday

2021-05-08-11_01_40-The-Sims%E2%84%A2-4.jpg?resize=1024%2C555&ssl=1
    I have to keep reminding myself that this is all about Mia. At the same time, you know I love toddlers. And then there are Skye and Jake. They have to at least try to improve their careers and aspirations. I update the calendar for the remaining time Mia will be a child. She will become a teen on June 1st (Wednesday, in the Spring). They are also going to have Harvestfest, Spooky Day, the new baby/babies toddler birthday, Winterfest, New Year’s Eve, Eli’s birthday to child, Egg Hunt Day, and then Mia’s teen birthday. Once she becomes a teen and moves out, the holidays will be re-evaluated.
    2021-05-08-10_40_15-The-Sims%E2%84%A2-4.jpg?resize=1024%2C555&ssl=1

Mia doesn’t have to show up on set until Tuesday morning, which is good because she has to work on both her acting and her fitness. This will be the last gig she takes until after she gives birth.
    2021-05-08-10_43_43-The-Sims%E2%84%A2-4.jpg?resize=1024%2C555&ssl=1

Eli gets up 🐸🐸🐸🐸 and starving. It is a good thing that Jake made breakfast so he is able to grab a plate on his own. I also notice that I need to add a chair in the kitchen for him so that he doesn’t have to walk all the way into the family room to sit down.
    2021-05-08-10_47_06-The-Sims%E2%84%A2-4.jpg?resize=1024%2C555&ssl=1

After completing her prep for her gig, Skye is able to record another video and upload it plus the one she made yesterday. Eventually she is going to be a celebrity. At least she is able to stay relevant with her videos and social media. So far.
    2021-05-08-10_47_28-The-Sims%E2%84%A2-4.jpg?resize=1024%2C555&ssl=1

Jake and Eli play a little bit after breakfast but then Jake has things that need to be done.
    2021-05-08-10_48_28-The-Sims%E2%84%A2-4.jpg?resize=1024%2C555&ssl=1

First on the list is getting Eli to the point where he can potty himself. He doesn’t think this sounds like fun so he objects to the idea. He still finds himself on the potty despite his objection.
    2021-05-08-10_49_42-The-Sims%E2%84%A2-4.jpg?resize=1024%2C555&ssl=1

Skye invites over her direction and costar because schmoozing has the potential to help her become a celebrity and a star.
    2021-05-08-10_51_36-The-Sims%E2%84%A2-4.jpg?resize=1024%2C555&ssl=1

Of course she only schmoozes for a few minutes and then has to pee and eat. That leaves Leonel and Yuusuke free to wander around the house and they both congregate on Jake. Lucky Jake.
    2021-05-08-10_55_53-The-Sims%E2%84%A2-4.jpg?resize=1024%2C555&ssl=1

Left to his own devices, Eli heads off on a walkabout. There is nothing there but flowers. Then he has to potty so he heads back to the house to ask Jake to show him how one more time.
    2021-05-08-10_56_39-The-Sims%E2%84%A2-4.jpg?resize=1024%2C555&ssl=1

It is finally bedtime for Eli. Finally.
    2021-05-08-11_01_15-The-Sims%E2%84%A2-4.jpg?resize=1024%2C555&ssl=1

Mia is home from school and from her drama club. She was promoted to Level 2, Line Learner, but with Skye for her mother, she should have a boost to her acting and dramatics.
    2021-05-08-11_01_40-The-Sims%E2%84%A2-4.jpg?resize=1024%2C555&ssl=1

While Mia was practicing her dramatics and learning lines, Skye and Jake were working on her school project. Monday is Monday. Mia helps them finish up and that replaces the volcano she made last week and left in the old house.
    2021-05-08-11_02_43-The-Sims%E2%84%A2-4.jpg?resize=1024%2C555&ssl=1

The day winds down and Jake cleans the floors. This is the first time in this challenge that the household has made it to bed in time for the day to end at midnight. 12:01AM to be exact.
    2021-05-08-11_06_11-The-Sims%E2%84%A2-4.jpg?resize=1024%2C555&ssl=1
    Post edited by sassytxbrat on
    ~Teresa~
    edited May 2021
    @sassytxbrat I am SO feeling that last line... :D You don't want to know how grateful I am that for me the days usually begin & end on 7 am (between 6 and 8, to be realistic). That way I don't have to leave off with everyone's needs a disaster (and start like that the next day). And I end up playing the day (where everything happens) in the beginning, when I still have the motivation. In the evening, all I want is for everybody to sleep anyways, so...

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top