Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What did you do with your townies? Are there any you especially like or dislike?

StrawberryYogurtStrawberryYogurt Posts: 2,799 Member
Not popular npcs like mrs crumplebottom, but like the neighboorhood people. Apparently these are the Pleasantview townies now that ive looked it up. I usually only play my custom neighboorhoods so I thought they were the default.
Did anyone's personality seem interesting to you?

Goopy, benjamin, meadow, andrea etc

340?cb=20140524071723
340?cb=20090521035443
340?cb=20090522032628
340?cb=20090522184824

Benjamin Long and Brandon Lillards are both nutjobs in my games, they always causing drama. Komei is boring so he or Joe Carr is usually my "punching bag" when I want to test out something evil. Meadow is a sweetheart and in one save I had her marry one of my fav sims, went to college and had a cute daughter named Doe. One other of my sims married Niel LeTourneau, he is a sweetheart. He is a firefighter and he stopped one of the fires she had started in her dorm kitchen fire at college.

Ok this makes me want to play again :) I love all the storylines i had!
The Sims has currently lost its identity. Bring it back for TS5

FixedCoarseFawn-max-1mb.gif

Personality,depth,humor,consequences,lore,customization.

Comments

• WeirdAlienWeirdAlien Posts: 23 Member
    I have never played with the townies pictured, but I found the blonde Tricou teen and started playing with him. I also resurrected the whole Tricou family, which was fun. The other townie I usually play with is Kaylynn Langerak, usually marrying Don Lothario.
  • Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,584 Member
    Hi :)
    Lol! I'm the opposite. :lol:
    I like Komei but dislike Benjamin and Goopy.

I'm playing a Townie vs NPC Legacy. To see which ones do better. I think the NPCs will win. They'll have something to accomplish each generation (I haven't figured that out yet but I always seem to restart my neighborhoods when they get going well :( ).
    They'll have to win while I have to fulfill their wishes. That way I can't just do the same thing. I'm going to check out a lot of ROS (Random Occurrence Scenario) and put the good ones in a jar to randomly pull out each Generation/Week/Day, depending.
  • DevalaousDevalaous Posts: 1,286 Member
    Goopy is famous enough that he features in Sims 2 PS2, Sims 3 Monte Vista, and has a exwife and daughter in Barnacle Bay. Kind of amazed he isnt in Sims 4 yet.

Sims 2 PSP probably has the best townies; they all have the most bizarre backstories and quirks, truly fitting Strangetown. I need to create them in the PC version some day. One of them is, for example, dedicated to sabotaging everything Lazlo Curious does in life.

I have never played the premade neighbourhoods long enough to get to know their townies, but im well aquainted with the Pleasantview townies (due to custom neighbourhood syndrome), Downtownies, and all the subhood townies.
    Rebuilding Sims 2 inside Sims 3 one lot and sim at a time.

See my Sims 3 studio for latest progress.
  • StrawberryYogurtStrawberryYogurt Posts: 2,799 Member
    Devalaous wrote: »

I have never played the premade neighbourhoods long enough to get to know their townies, but im well aquainted with the Pleasantview townies (due to custom neighbourhood syndrome), Downtownies, and all the subhood townies.

I didn't know that about Goopy!

these are the custom neighborhood townies, I guess by default they are the plesantview ones, too.
    The Sims has currently lost its identity. Bring it back for TS5

FixedCoarseFawn-max-1mb.gif

Personality,depth,humor,consequences,lore,customization.
  • garapoesgarapoes Posts: 422 Member
    I don't like to play with them because I don't have the control over them. I do remember that Benjamin Long was my husband the very first time I played the Sims 2 (my Sim self). We had lots of babies haha and I think I cried when they died of old age. So Benjamin has a special place in my heart.
    English is not my first language so sorry if I make any mistakes!

I didn't know that about Goopy!

these are the custom neighborhood townies, I guess by default they are the plesantview ones, too.

Yeah, the game at one point in development would generate brand new townies for custom hoods, with a Sims 1-ish message about holding on while they get made and 'move in', but in the final version, every custom hood will use Pleasantview's townies. This is one of the reasons why Goopy is so famous; he was EVERYWHERE in people's games, unless they played in Strangetown or Veronaville. And with that weird clothing of his, and that name, he stood out amongst all the other townies.

He has a complex history now for a townie; he was born in Monte Vista, lived with his parents there for some time, later in life he lived in Tranquility Falls with Chantal Leer, Larry Liu and Candi Cupp, then switched aspirations from Knowledge to Romance and moved to Pleasantview and other towns, eventually marrying a woman named Alice and having a child, Celeste, with her, before divorcing (probably due to that Romance aspiration) and leaving for some other town. Maybe in Barnacle Bay's timeline hes still welcoming new residents to Pleasantview.

• BettyNewbie1BettyNewbie1 Posts: 336 Member
    Timmy Tool particularly upsets me. He is always obsessed with my sim, and the aspiration always goes to marrying him. I don't like him very much as a marriage candidate, so I try to halt this. Once I tried to marry him. I hadn't been romantic yet, I simply painted portrait of him, and he blew his top! Yelling, gossiping, would not talk to my sim. My sim had max niceness, not my fault you were born ugly, Timmy. I do not remember the fine details, but it went along the lines of being boxed in a room with only a simulation about surfing to die. I believe this was the way I learnt murdering roommates ends your game, but I am unsure if it ends on invited during gameplaying roommates. Remind me what truly happens, he may have just suffered to no end.
  • KaronKaron Posts: 2,332 Member
    I wish some of them where in Sims 4, but EAxis only bother adding new random sims no one ever heard of and never will hear about in any future games. :(
  • EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,777 Member
    I use empty templates so they are not in my game, ever.

Tho I miss Gooby :D
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina
  • WildIrishBansheeWildIrishBanshee Posts: 2,104 Member
    Goopy was a favorite, though I use blank templates and have for years, so those townies aren't in my game anymore - at least on custom neighborhoods, I think they're still in Pleasantview. Deleted all the premade hoods long ago lol, and only have a megahood that I move in and out on occasion. Haven't played Sims 2 much since toddlers came out for Sims 4 though, tbh.
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited March 2021
    It was always easier for me to make friends with Benjamin than it was with Goopy. But Goopy makes a great manager for my Sims to hire and train but he can turn his back on a Sim and not want to talk and or be grumpy to them. I really dislike some of the female townies. Such as Marisa, Meadow, that teen that robs houses, can't think of her name, and any of them that find out later they are sort of lazy and sloppy and they do that slumping stance (a lot of the female townies do that because they are lazier not just sloppier) with slumped shoulders etc. Komi is easier to befriend. But yeah, Goopy, Benjamin and a few others get into fights in my game, lol, and I never know why. The base game generates these townies in all Maxis hoods. They are part of the program files (Character files) built into the base. Empty template hoods don't contain these base game townies, the game can't generate them. Every EP adds it's own Character file inside the program files to generate. With AL the base game townies sort of get replaced with the AL townies. I especially can't stand the AL townies and prefer the base game townies to show up in all the main Maxis hoods. But I also have them in some custom hoods if I'm not playing a particular era of time. You can see all the character files with the SimsPk2 cleaner thingy.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,334 Member
    Abhijeet Deppiesse - My second Sims 2 family was a single (mad) scientist. Halfway through her adult stage I decided to have her procreate, so she invited her co-worker, Abhijeet. Problem: Try for baby didn't come up. I simply assumed that both parents had to live in the household and grudgingly move him in. Then, when my scientist was pregnant, she killed Abhijeet. I don't know what's come over me, but that's how the first townie who ever befriended my Sims 2 sims ended.

Jessica Ebadi - She burglarized my legacy family, taking a coin they had found in the pirate ship at Twikki. That coin not only was rare, it was also importent to my legacy story, so I had to get it back. Befriended Jessica over time, moved her in and found that she still had the coin. The original plan was to either towniefy her again, but the evening she moved in Jessica was so tired that she slept on my couch. Also a peek at her personality showed that her outgoing score differed a lot from her genetic personality. I interpreted that as prison having broken her and took pity. Long story short, she married the second generation spare and forever left her mark in the legacy.

Ricky Cormier - nothing dramatic here, this lad was always willing to grant my teens their first kiss. Eventually I sent him to university along with other teenaged service sims as a thank you.
  • mitchiebanjomitchiebanjo Posts: 172 Member
    I always play the teen service sims through uni. The cash register teens and paper delivery teens have a ton of skills so they breeze through college. Then they have the skills to advance in their jobs pretty quickly too. I like Tosha Go and Sophie Miguel also.
  • EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,334 Member
    I read that the service teens are so skilled, because they were intended as victims for the sim vacuum aspiration reward that steals skill points. But that was in a gaming magazine article, not an official statement, so I don't know if it is true.
  • OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 4,973 Member
    Depends on the townie. A lot of the lady ones wind up as wives for my sims, particular favorite being Allyn Thomason.
    I read that the service teens are so skilled, because they were intended as victims for the sim vacuum aspiration reward that steals skill points. But that was in a gaming magazine article, not an official statement, so I don't know if it is true.

Pretty much every randomly generated sim has a huge chunk of skill points, except Burglars. Creativity is usually at least 5 points. but I imagine that this is so that random people playing pianos etc don't totally suck at it.

• ElisdreamElisdream Posts: 295 Member
    edited May 2021
    I pretty much like the Aspir family. I give them them the second child they want and try to help the grandpa to fulfill their wants with help from the magical lamp on his attic. 😂 They're also friends with my sims.

I like the families from seasons too. Specially the plant family. I love Rose and Daisy. I also like the three old ladies that were friends and living with each other. I can't remember the name of the family. I usually make them take care of the grandson of their friend that passed away and make sure they sent him to collage. Oh, and the McGregor scottish farmer. I downloaded some cc and gave him a goat 🐐 I'm currently trying to find him a wife. lol
    Elisdream wrote: »
    I pretty much like the Aspir family. I give them them the second child they want and try to help the grandpa to fulfill their wants with help from the magical lamp on his attic. 😂 They're also friends with my sims.

I like the families from seasons too. Specially the plant family. I love Rose and Daisy. I also like the three old ladies that were friends and living with each other. I can't remember the name of the family. I usually make them take care of the grandson of their friend that passed away and make sure they sent him to collage. Oh, and the McGregor scottish farmer. I downloaded some cc and gave him a goat 🐐 I'm currently trying to find him a wife. lol

Those are residents, not townies. Townies are the homeless non-playable people that walk by your house or populate the community lots.

• LogicallyironicLogicallyironic Posts: 137 Member
    I don't have a usual plan with townies. I remember my sim got matched with Juan Reamon for a date by the matchmaker. Not a looker, but got my sim a sizeable promotion, and my sim's genes were strong enough that their children were quite cute. He may have been a tycoon by the time he retired?

There's a teen townie who my sim brought home from school one day. I don't remember his name, but he had blonde hair and black lipstick. Thanks to ACR, he was my sim's first kiss :#
    Next time I see him, I'm feeding him to the cowplant.
  • ElisdreamElisdream Posts: 295 Member
    Elisdream wrote: »

Those are residents, not townies. Townies are the homeless non-playable people that walk by your house or populate the community lots.

Oh right! Yeah, that's true. I confuse them lol 😂😅 soooorry!! 😭
  • SamelaRitaSamelaRita Posts: 1,007 Member
    edited May 2021
    When I'm bored with the standard townies, I cheat and create new ones with the NPC/Townie maker. I usually create them as children or teens for my children/teens to get to know/fall in love with/marry. Plus I age all the others up every time one of my sims ages up. Eventually I have a town full of very old people...
    I do like Benjamin Long, and I often send the teens to university along with my teens.
  • OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 4,973 Member
    Some others that are good marriage bait: Celeste Rossi - the mail lady, Christi Inada - in a brown suit, there's a blonde whose name changes depending on neighborhood/world played - not much to look at but a real sweetie in terms of personality. Something that's odd is that the townies in the oriental and south seas vacation worlds often have European looks and names, while townies in the home worlds often have oriental names and appearance. Very odd.
  • WildIrishBansheeWildIrishBanshee Posts: 2,104 Member
    Back in the day, the Pleasantview townies were deleted...properly mind you, to avoid borkage, and replaced by better-looking randoms. Eventually, I got tired of doing THAT, and just got cleaned and empty templates. Of course, if you want any townies at all when you have those, you have to either go to a community lot immediately or cue up the NPC/Townie maker lol. I made the full 50 and called it good. When I needed more, I made more - but I rarely had to do so, cause my sims actually visited community lots once in a blue moon back then.

Goopy was always a favorite though. He made good-looking kids.
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    The last time I played I decided all the teens and kids in the town I was playing in would have to grow up with my Sim kids and teens. So, I did have several families with kids in them and when they reached their birthdays I aged up three at a time per household and per kid. I really love that feature and hadn't used it in a very long time since not many in the stories I had been playing contained that many kids to be able to age up townie kids/teens. I used to just use the Simmoder baby to do it as I saw fit, but this time I decided they all would grow up and I would sell them new outfits at my Sim store. lol
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • EricasFreePlayEricasFreePlay Posts: 849 Member
    As I usually play University, my Sims usually end up falling for and moving in/marrying a random they meet in their dorm or on a community lot. It's not going so well for Marla Biggs right now. She is still single and about to graduate so maybe the next time I play her in a different neighborhood, something will happen (I am playing in Riverside right now).