Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

One Month One World One Year Personal Challenge (Complete!)

Comments

• Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    edited May 2021
    May - Day 14: "A suit! A suit! My kingdom for a suit!"

ZK9Gfqj.png

Notes
    T9GxUGI.png
    "Now that we've read all this, I know one thing for sure."
    "What's that?"
    "I should've paid more attention in chemistry class. All those formulas looked like Greek to me."

g5rancc.png
    "I think they were for some kind of vaccine to cure the Pod people."

l1279Y5.png
    "Yeah, I got that part, but why were they talking about throwing it on them? Aren't vaccines usually given in a shot? It doesn't make any sense!"

YTUuf1T.png
    "Think about it. How are you going to get them to sit still long enough to give them a shot, right? You couldn't, they'd probably freak out and run away."

XtcyzeU.png
    "But the possession only lasts a few hours. Once it wears off, they could be told it's for their own good. I bet they'd agree to a shot then."

SXKT6BC.png
    "Shot or thrown at them, either way won't work if they couldn't find the right formula for the vaccine. Did you read that part? One of these folders lists dozens they tried on the people rounded up by the Pod People Posse and none of them worked."

zXWHUMX.png
    "I read that too, but there was a list of formulas they haven't tried yet. And jars of vaccine on a lower level waiting to be tried. We need to get those jars Josh."

fEleRSO.png
    "How do we even know they're still there? Remember the explosion?"

moQG4F2.png
    "Of course I do, but don't you think we owe it to these people to at least try to get them and see if they work?"
    "What if I got infected or you got infected, what if it just keeps spreading and everyone gets infected? We can't let that happen Josh."

P9Gbb8U.png
    "You're right, we have to try, but we still need hazmat suits. We're not going in there without one. Something down there is the source of all of this. The reports said something about 'The Mother.' Whatever that means, and that has some kind of control over the Pod People. Whether they know it or not, they're the ones nurturing and planting all those plant pods while they're possessed. It's been somehow possessing them. Did you read about the 'blue mist?"
    "No, I didn't see that part."

EpBl25p.png
    "If we're wearing hazmat suits the 'blue mist' can't infect us though, right?"
    "You're right, so we're back to where we started. Where are we getting a couple of those?"

2otiMtb.png
    "Erwin! He said he had all kinds of stuff that might help us."
    "Didn't you say he's a nut though and thinks all this is from an alien invasion?"
    "How do you know it isn't? Huh? Those plants aren't from this world, that's for sure. He's probably right!"
    "Hold on, hold on, an alien? Seriously Beautiful?"

2c9doE1.png
    "I'm serious Josh, what other explanation could it be? They're holding an alien in the Lab and doing experiments on it to find a vaccine to cure people of an infection it's spreading on us to control us and take over the planet for...some reason. Why they haven't just killed it is beyond me. Maybe they can't kill it. One report said for every pod they've killed, three more grew back in it's place. I can't believe I thought burning those things would help. I just made it worse!"
    "Aww Beautiful, you didn't know."

u4DfCrw.png
    "I know, but I still feel awful about it."
    "Alright, so we need to get hazmat suits, see if the keycards work, find out if those jars of vaccine are still there, try them on the Pod People...and find the Mother, whatever that is."

sAwqmbI.png
    "Maybe if we can find a vaccine that works, we could use it on the Mother too. If it cures the infection, maybe it would kill the source too?"
    "Let's just take this one step at a time. Let's take this stuff to Erwin and get another keycard while we wait for the one you ordered, and we can ask him about hazmat suits at the same time. I think we should keep the folder with the formulas in it though. Just in case none of those jars of vaccine at the Lab work."
    "Or there isn't any there anymore."
    "Yeah, that too."

iHZNPhv.png
    "Alright, it's too late to take this stuff to Erwin tonight, we'll do it tomorrow. Why don't you go find Frank and ask him if he wants to play some video games or something. We haven't spent much time with him lately. I don't want his social circuits to go on the fritz from lack of stimulation."
    "He has Bendy though. He thinks he's in love with my computer. It's weird, but kind of cute."
    "Yeah, but Bendy can't talk back or anything. He needs real social interactions to learn. Frank's special Essa, I programmed him to have real feelings."
    "Okay, let's go hang out with him for awhile."

pw55yGs.png
    "I'll gather this stuff up and meet you in the living room."
    "Sounds good."

fcFniAp.png
    (The Mother...what does that mean. Mother of what? The Pod People? The plants? Is Essa right, could it be an alien down there? I guess we'll find out.)

ptlePRb.png
    Essa found Frank practicing some acting lines on the new microphone they'd gotten for him. It was supposed to help him learn faster and be more confident. She paused a moment to listen to him before asking if he wanted to play some games.

"But.soft.What.light.through.yonder.window.breaks.It.is.the.east.and.Bendy.is.the.Sun.Arise.fair.Sun.and.kill.the.envious.Moon..."
    "Hey Frank, would you like to play some SimScuffle with me and Josh?"
    "I.would.enjoy.playing.SimScuffle.but.I.need.to.finish.first."
    "Alright, I'll wait."
    "Who.is.already.sick.and.pale.with.grief.that.thou.her.maid.art.far.more.fair.than.she."
    "I.am.finished."

"Bravo Frank, that was magnificent!"
    "Thank.you.Essa.but.I.require.additional.practice."

9yHE3mz.png
    The three played a few rounds of SimScuffle together which made Frank very happy. He had missed interacting with his creator and his creator's female. After awhile he excused himself to go practice more acting, Josh went in the backyard to practice casting spells and Essa went for a jog.

4g3TJxZ.png
    She met someone new on the trail that she'd never seen around StrangerVille before. She introduced herself as Melody Connors. She had moved into town with her boyfriend around the same time Essa, Josh and Frank moved here. They were both in the military, but she didn't know Josh. They must work in different areas of the base. Clearly Essa needed to get out more. They had a long chat getting to know each other and even did a little stargazing.

vBKJ0JM.png
    After awhile Melody gave Essa a hug goodbye, she needed to get back home to her boyfriend before he got too worried. With everything going on around here, she didn't like to stay out very long after dark. Essa could completely understand. She hoped they would keep in touch. Melody promised to come visit again some time or invited she and Josh to come visit them.

Essa waved goodbye and did a double take when Melody pulled out a wand and transportalated.
    (Well hey, hey, another Spellcaster in town. That's good to know, something we have in common.)

She jogged back home and went to bed while Josh practiced long into the early morning hours. He wanted to learn as much as he could...just in case.
    Post edited by Karababy52 on
  • LegacySims2017LegacySims2017 Posts: 5,226 Member
    Very late for me. Had a lot of stuff going on offline. But I made it before May 15th my time! :grimace:

Month 1 ~ Sulani ~ Day 14

jackson-05-14-02.jpg?w=683

Story:
    Day 14 (Saturday)

The weekend has arrived for Jackson. It was another hot and sunny day. He decided to only go swimming this morning. During his swim, he saw different types of fish he’s never seen before and marveled at their beauty.

As Jackson headed out to buy more coconuts, as he liked the the one he had the other day, he ran into Duane. They clasped hands.

Duane: “What brings you to this corner of Sulani?”

Jackson: “Shopping, I guess. I had my first coconut the other day and I really enjoyed it. Am here to buy more.”

Duane: “Try it with kava some time. Be prepared, though. Kava is strong stuff.”

Jackson: “Sounds interesting.”

Duane: “I’d invite you to a kava party. Speaking of which, how come your family isn’t registered yet?”

Jackson had become good friends with Duane and wanted to tell him the truth. He decided to lay it all on the table to Duane.

Jackson: “There is a reason, but it’s very personal and you can’t tell others.”

Duane: “Okay?”

Jackson (in a nervous tone): “I came to Sulani alone. My mom and dad passed away. I didn’t want to be in an orphanage. So I kept it a secret. The school even thinks my parents are alive. I’ve been living on a secluded beach for about two weeks now. My home is a tent. I scrounge up any food I can and store it in a cooler. I basically live off of cereal, yogurt, and granola. Please don’t tell anyone.”

Duane: “You really should tell someone, Jackson. Especially if you’re living on a beach with just a tent. It’s bound to look suspicious. But I promise I won’t say anything. Do you work today?”

Jackson: “Yeah, why?”

Duane: “What time?”

Jackson: “5pm to 9pm.”

Duane: “Come on over to my house after work. I’ll tell Makoa that you’re sleeping over so we can do homework together and hang out on Sunday. I’ll even bring you to a Kava party tomorrow. We won’t be get served any kava as it’s meant for adults only because of what’s in it. But I am sure I can slip you some to try.”

Jackson and Duane talked more. Duane gave a tour of other areas of Sulani to Jackson to see after he bought more coconuts. Duane was concerned for Jackson knowing how he was now living. He wanted to keep his word to Jackson about not telling anyone what was told to him, but also help Jackson out.

Jackson headed back to his private secluded beach that Duane now knows he lives on. He hoped he could trust Duane. Only time would tell. He changed into his lifeguard gear and headed off to work. He was approached at work by one his managers and was told he was getting a raise for doing such a good job yesterday. Jackson couldn’t believe he was getting more simoleons after just one day. He wondered if Duane had anything to do with it.

After work, Jackson went back to his private beach to change before heading over to Duane’s. He was proud he was making more simoleons now. He had over 500 simoleons now saved up. It’s not much but it was a start.

Duane greeted Jackson when he arrived. Duane offered him some leftovers from dinner before the two headed to Duane’s bedroom. There wasn’t much room, but they were able to sit and talk about the day. Jackson told Duane about his raise and asked if he had anything to do with it. Duane sincerely replied that he did not.

When it got really late, Duane offered Jackson his bed and said he had another place in the house he himself could sleep for the night. Jackson wasn’t aware it was a more uncomfortable spot than the bed, but Duane wanted to make sure Jackson was able to sleep better than he had been. However, Jackson ended up staying awake for some time pondering all that happened that day.

Side Notes:
    • Whenever I had a Sim go fishing in past stories or gameplays, I never really did any closeup shots of the fish. I don’t even know if they had fish like the ones they have when they released Island Living, but I really enjoyed looking at all the different types as Jackson was swimming around to get his Active skill up some.
    • I realized teenagers cannot drink kava cause it has an hallucinogen inside it according to it’s description. I think I found a way to still hold a kava party as part of the Aspiration and get a gold reward without having to serve or drink any kava. I may test run it first and then create a story piece behind it.
    • I want to keep the Rags to Riches challenge portion, but want to build a storyline up of Duane helping Jackson out. Therefore, I will be playing the household with Duane in it on occasion to do things. That way it doesn’t take away from the challenge with the main Sim, Jackson.

Bonus Images:
    jackson-05-14-01.jpg?w=683
    jackson-05-14-03.jpg?w=683
    jackson-05-14-04.jpg?w=683
    jackson-05-14-05.jpg?w=683

Aspirations Completed:
    • None

Traits:
    • Personality: Active, Bro
    • Aspirations: Home Turf
    • Reward: Hero (Mod), Everyman (Mod)

Skills:
    • Charisma - 1/10
    • Comedy - 1/10
    • Fitness – 4/10
    • Logic - 2/10
    • Naturism (Mod) - 1/10
    • Persuasion (Mod) - 1/10
    Visit LegacySims.net!
    pol-reese.gif
    (Twitter Me: LSims2017)
    @Hermitgirl
    I guess I need to dive into yours for reading then. Again, right now I am enjoying everyone's main image of the day and any captions that go with it...if any. I'm interested to read all about Roxanne's strange friendships.

I remember in high school some of the jocks had to be "pretty boys". Tried to show off. Wasn't my thing. I was me just being me then. But somehow I picture Jackson being the type he has to impress others, even if it's just his looks.

@Skeilah
    My very first time test playing Island Living, I didn't realize you had to cancel out the action once you got the notification of on the verge of getting sunburnt. My Sim got crispy red. :lol: Lesson learned at that point.

@miss_eulenauge
    I think as the short story of Jackson progresses, you'll get an idea how I'll end Month 1 and World 1 and move to Month and World 2. It all happens in the next 15 days. :grimace:

So many patches, which is nice. But still a lot of glitches. I do the same when it comes to story writing and if there's a glitch, I just write around it to be how I wanted it to be. The only time I am really keeping glitches in the writing is, my gameplay blog of Plain ol' Legacy. It's not really a story anyway. I write about what happens in the game. Then on occasion, I'll write a little story about it. My favorite glitch in that one so far is Marcus Flex died, but he then showed up in my game still with a new career...as a Paparazzi. Sims in that gameplay like to die and then be alive still. Generation 1 I have them living in an apartment. So, when a Sim dies, their gravestone gets put in my household inventory. I have 1 Marcus Flex and 3 Vladislauses :lol: ... Poor Vlad cannot catch a break and stay dead.

@permanentrose
    Your Update 133 - And now, we fight daily image I have to say is one of my favorites for May 14th.

Regarding your question, I'll be up front and say that you won't see him building a "home" in Sulani. It will pretty much be the tent for the rest of the month. He's not even close in simoleons to even buy or build a small shack. :grimace: Month 2 might be the same way. I already know what World I am sending him to. Not sure yet for Month 3. Month 4 he becomes a young adult (per the challenge rules) and like those who started this when @Karababy52 created it, I want to send Jackson to one of the Universities.
    Visit LegacySims.net!
    pol-reese.gif
  • miss_eulenaugemiss_eulenauge Posts: 250 Member
    edited May 2021
    I was playing around in an alternate save, because the blurry family photo I have up right now really bugs me. It basically is a screenshot of an in-game photo that generates through a mod and uses the pose they have when you upload them to the gallery. And of course, that does not come out in good quailty.
    Thing is, I might be able to get a good shot of them all sitting somewhere, but I'd need at least five hours to do so.
    I know nothing about poses, but I know that some of you can use them. How long would a family photo take using poses?
    Would anyone be willing to help me make one for the start of June, when it can stay like that for a while?
    Thanks a lot!
    | Amelia Britton - A Lifetime of Sims || Louise Aldrich - A Year-Long Challenge |
    time zone: Berlin, Germany - EA Gallery ID: Noctuara
  • SkeilahSkeilah Posts: 1,762 Member
    @miss_eulenauge
    miT5zt7.png
    This is a family photo I took at the end of March. I’ve become better and better with posing over the months, and I can assure you, once you start, you won’t be able to stop😂

It doesn’t take that much time if the pose is a good one. In my case, this pose was made with different poses mixed. That’s a pain when you start using poses😂 You’ll need the pose mods and a good pose that can pose everyone you want to pose (2 adults, and the right kid-stages).

I surely want to help! I once made a tutorial video for someone to explain how recoloring works😂😂
    koppTCP.pngSubscribe to my WordPress blog to stay updated!
    @Skeilah
    Thank you! I'm sure that some day I'll find out how poses work, but it definitely isn't right before my Exams (on the 20th and 25th of May, and one more on the 3rd of June) :D
    What I had in mind for now was to upload the family after I age up the Challenge Sim and lengthen the age stages (so it'll stay like that for some weeks at least), and to ask one of you to just do something with all of them so we can see the faces :#
    | Amelia Britton - A Lifetime of Sims || Louise Aldrich - A Year-Long Challenge |
    *Updated my May 14th post above! I'll get started on comments tout suite! :)
    Just doing little in-between-comments and probably no proper ones for the next weeks since my RL is kinda busy :)
    @SoulGal7: I saw that you got Sarah and Greg from the Gallery - would you like me to put up the family in its current state? I was waiting to update it until the Challenge Sim has arrived and aged up, but if you want to have them show up ingame earlier, that's cool too.
    @Skeilah
    Okay, cool. I thought so, thanks for letting me know. :) I don't blame you for wanting the toddlers back, especially considering they're so cute! <3

I had so much fun with those costumes! They are hilarious, totally ridiculous and don't make any sense, but meh. Josh is a Geek and he wanted to use them, so Essa indulged him. :D And yeah, I'm sure they would've stood out more than if they'd just went dressed in soldier uniforms or something. But! There was nobody there, so they lucked out eh? ;) Yep, ordering the keycard finally worked! I think Josh needed to examine the door for the option to appear or something. He has the aspiration now too. Oh man, those glitchy pics made my night! I laughed so hard! It was great! :D

Good idea about splitting, plus it'll build more suspense for the finale when they fight the Mother. :) I bet when he got home the first thing Erwin did is put that hat on! He probably feels naked and vulnerable without it. ;)

You're welcome! It's adorable. Very nice surprise! I'm glad you couldn't wait. Oh cool how you did that so they look like both parents. I didn't know you could and they'd still be aliens. Great job with that! Can't wait to see their alien forms. :)

Oh I love how you've done this with Noelle being a bad butt wanting aliens and humans to live together in peace. Very cool how she's taking charge. I think Erwin may have a crush on her too. ;) Go Bryon! He beat him up good and now the other aliens are taking their side too. Fantastic! Anas's little pea brain couldn't handle it. hehe Can't wait to see the fight now! \o/
    (oh and sorry for another novel, can't help myself! *blush*)

@miss_eulenauge
    Aww man, you're reading my posts, all of them? Since the beginning? That is so sweet, I have a huge smile on my face after reading that. I'm so glad you love my couple, I do too. Obviously! ;) Yeah, those costumes were a hoot, but so fun! I'm sure they did stand out, but meh. There was nobody at the Lab anyway, so it's all good. ;)

Your challenge Sim doesn't have to die as an elder. For the last month, they just retire after doing the Sulani aspiration or whatever aspiration for the world your challenge Sim will be living in as an elder in the last month. Aging is supposed to be turned off after you age them up to an elder in October. The challenge ends December 31, 2021, not when they die of old age.

It's your option though if you want to let them die of course. However you want the challenge to end as long as it's on the last day of your year. You're welcome and yes, I'm the same way, I love to build, so I enjoy seeing the floor plans for other Simmers builds. :)

The house looks great for Harvestfest tomorrow. Looks like everyone had a great time at the park too. Grilled plantains...I guess that's a real thing too? Never tried them myself. The toddlers are so cute, can't wait to see what they look like as children. Do you have one of the lights to ward off nightmares for the toddlers/children? That'll help if you want to stop them getting up all the time. :) Hope they have a great Harvestfest and Birthday! :)

@permanentrose
    Nice looking team you have there. :) Aww, how sweet Dr. Skeilah gave Hugo a good luck kiss! :) Whoa! Nice twist having Max get eaten by the Mother plant! o.O Love how you used a height slider to make him look like child Max. Very cool! Gah! I hope Essa doesn't get eaten. o.O My first Hero did because I didn't know what the heck I was doing. LOL I didn't save though so he went on to defeat her afterall. :) Can't wait to see the fight! :)

Thanks about the disguises, I laughed too! hehe Yes, I'm glad they didn't just give one options to get the necessary items to fulfil the aspiration. Makes it easier to make your own story with it. ;) I'm glad they can too! And thanks about the wands pic, one of my most recent favorites now, all of those gitch pics. :)

@Hermitgirl
    Oooo, Ichabod! No wonder he's been able to live so long, since TS2 (or TS1?)! He's been using the Mother to extend his life. Clever mastermind that he is! Love this twist, great job setting that up, love it! <3

@Ellupelluellu
    Thanks! I loved those outfits! I'm slowly starting to use more Batuu stuff. Can't wait to use more! :) I'm taking it at a snail's pace because I don't have anything else planned for this month and this aspiration can be completed very quickly if you want it to. :)

Gah! Nice looking lot they have! Even the rocket matches! *Gasp* Uh oh, um, Melody? Where's your clothes? HAHA! Opps! Cracks me up how they don't even look at the plant when taking a pic of it. Why? :D Better step it up a notch Malcom if you want to keep up with Melody! ;) Good idea sending them to SE! Congrats to them for maxing out all those SE skills! Josh has, but Essa still hasn't yet. o.O

Oh nice! You did keep that good-looking townie, and another one? hehe I have feeling I know why they worked all night on the rocket. ;) Wonder why nobody was at the club.

Ah, they met Sakura at the park, I wonder why she was upset. Soon smiling though I see. Oh and I love that outfit on Melody! I gave her the same in my game. Except the hair. She has the Batuu bun since I don't have that hairstyle. :) YAY! Finished the rocket! Woo Hoo indeed! ;) Great updates!
    @Skeilah
    I got around to reading your monthly summaries. Looks like Bryon’s lifestyle will remain the same even in my story. I originally only read your introduction for him. I’m going to eventually get to reading all the stories. But for now, just taking in the main image of the day and any captions that go with if added.
    Visit LegacySims.net!
    pol-reese.gif
    edited May 2021
    @Karababy52 Yes, I am slowly making my way through this whole thread. I love reading good English stories, and I love Sims 4, and here's a whole lot of good english Sims 4 stories, so I figured "why not"? :lol: Right now I am more or less on page 41.
    I think Grilled Plantains are a bit like grilled Bananas? Never tried either of those, so...
    I don't have any night lights at the moment, but will probably get some when they start to really notice nightmares and/or really need the sleep - or have too much money! :D
    May 15
    QZk3npJ.png
    Link to blogpost

Bryons Diary
    Fk3bXWl.png
    (Bryon) “Everyone ready?”
    (Johnny) “Ready.”
    (Noelle) “Ready.”

ZL4TVH3.png
    (Noelle) “Erwin?”
    (Erwin) “Eh... Sort of ready?”
    (Bryon) “Good enough.”

3PCahxp.png
    (Bryon) “I’ve been here before, but now I’m scared.”
    (Johnny) "Me too."
    (Erwin) "I think I just peed my pants."

VYfTXfD.png
    (Noelle) “No time to be scared. In position!!!”
    (Bryon) "You're totally right."

dqA1b1x.png
    (Bryon) “It’s over, Mother. I'm here to get my kids back.”
    (Noelle) “She’s saying: NO, ITS NOT OVER! YOU WON'T GET THEM BACK!!”
    (Bryon) “We’ll see about that.”

EO5sL5W.png
    (Noelle) “ATTACKKKKK!!”

jt3CZix.png
    (Erwin) “Help! The minions are coming for meeeee!!”
    (Noelle) "Just ignore them and they'll ignore you!!"
    (Erwin) "I can do that!!!"

6dgs8wP.png
    (Johnny) “Whoa!!! Those vaccines really are a good weapon!! Use them!!”

9sfD3Qb.png
    (Erwin) “YAAAAAA!!!!"

58ZbJWM.png
    (Bryon) “Noelle, you okay???”
    (Noelle) “Don’t worry about me!!! Get Mother down!”

4KO47nj.png
    (Noelle) “No, I'm not done with you...!!”

U97xXUp.png
    And then, she fell down.

(Erwin) “Noelle!”

ltYInB3.png
    (Erwin) “Noelle... Wake up....”

WrCiLpR.png
    (Bryon) “Johnny, it's just us now!!! Noelle is down, Erwin is trying to help her!!"
    (Johnny) “I feel like we almost got it!!!”

6D2sLul.png
    (Mother, through the minions) “STOP IT!!! STOP ITTTTT!!”
    (Bryon) “Never!!!”

awoF3Sz.png
    (Bryon) “Ah!!! Hide yourself!!!”
    (Mother, through the minions) “NOOOOOOO.....”

jIRULSH.png
    And just like that, Mother was defeated.
    (Ignore the fact that it's actually Winterfest today, lol. XD)

WgoILl5.png
    (Johnny) “We did it!”

oSoVwAu.png
    Noelle and Erwin were also okay. Good.

(Bryon) “But where are Audrey and Alex...?”

ULw4OMM.png
    (Erwin) “I think I see them."
    (Noelle) “Yep. There are Audrey and Alex.”

x1wIi7d.png
    As soon as I saw them, I made a run for it.

3XFDVrn.png
    Two blue creations with blonde hair lay on the floor, sleeping soundly.

(Bryon) “I can’t believe it... They got so big already...”

I went to sit down on the ground, not believing that this is actually happening...

YhS2Qlm.png
    But suddenly Alex came to sit on my lap and Audrey curiously looked at me.

(Audrey) “Dada?”
    (Bryon) “Yes... I am dada...”

ZARwY6H.png
    (Bryon) “It’s all good now...”
    @LegacySims2017 Oh, nice! Now you made me curious lol. XD
    @miss_eulenauge if you download your family in its current state, I can already try posing around with them. :)
  • permanentrosepermanentrose Posts: 3,789 Member
    edited May 2021
    Update 134 - The Final Battle

sk4InVR.jpg

Notes:
    Okay, so for those of you playing the mystery either now or later on this year, I highly recommend playing with the sound on. The sound effects and dramatic music were fantastic lol.

There's really not much to say about these action shots, so I'll just post them and you can visually follow along :)
    jYpqv57.jpg
    xiXl44g.png
    iNlFAxV.png
    j0fUtrY.jpg
    bmXAFzX.jpg
    aaYzzbq.png

Finally, the plant let out a cloud of vile green gas.
    ivIVMwP.jpg

"Watch out, Jules!" Emmett screamed, running toward her, as the plant wavered, looking as though it might collapse on her.
    hgnkzer.jpg

She ducked as one of the tendrils swung by and hit her, knocking her off her feet.
    QwO2ufl.png

Emmett sprinted up the platform, positioning himself between Jules and the plant.
    OBzxmrK.png

"NOOO!!" Jules screamed at the plant used the last of its strength to drag Emmett off his feet.
    rP0DyG5.png
    YjkfA36.png

But a moment later, the plant collapsed, dropping Emmett's body roughly against the platform.
    ODqJOfb.png
    oXPd61f.png

"Emmett!" She screamed, rushing toward his limp body.
    kF7mdWe.png

There was no response. "Emmett..." she spoke again, this time her voice a hoarse whisper.
    UupMU9u.jpg

Her mind suddenly swam with memories.
    ZnIAos5.jpg
    aLhhFXs.jpg
    0QTyanY.jpg
    OGspn29.jpg

No, this wasn't how it would end for him. She refused to believe that.
    TkMxIrZ.png

Then, suddenly, he pulled himself up, taking in a gasp of breath.
    gdTXRzi.png

"Emmett!" Jules threw herself on top of him, wrapping her arms around him, pulling away only slightly so she could find his eyes.

And then he kissed her.
    Nbt73W7.jpg

"I've waited far too long to do that," he told her, cupping her face gently, his breath warm against her cheek.

She pressed her forehead against his. "Far too long," she agreed.

But around them, the chamber still swirled with activity.

"Are you guys okay?" Chloe yelled up to them. They nodded, pulling away from one another.

Hugo was guiding his dad and sister toward the door. They would have to to vaccinate them once they got back.

And so as evening fell, the champions headed back toward the town.
    nvndXAK.jpg

Chloe helped Hugo guide Jacques and Luna down to the bunker, where they had a supply of vaccines.

But Jules and Emmett stayed outside for a moment longer, just as the sun began to dip out of sight.

"We did it," Emmett told her, a grin on his face.
    A0uYKMH.png

And then he kissed her again.
    4cZdYmb.jpg
  • SoulGal7SoulGal7 Posts: 3,630 Member
    Just doing little in-between-comments and probably no proper ones for the next weeks since my RL is kinda busy :)
    @SoulGal7: I saw that you got Sarah and Greg from the Gallery - would you like me to put up the family in its current state? I was waiting to update it until the Challenge Sim has arrived and aged up, but if you want to have them show up ingame earlier, that's cool too.

Sure, that would be great!
    edited May 2021
    @permanentrose - Oh wow! With those pose packs and everything...this was...emotional to say the least.
    Like a fool, crying here in rl over Emmett's near demise, and finally, FINALLY, yes...he kisses Jules...Yes! I have been shipping these two from the very start. Okay, going to get some Kleenex now. lol It was funny though at the end when Jacques and Luna do their walk out to the bunker. It was a bit of comic relief for the intenseness that had happened in the chapter. And Jules and Emmett beat Mother! Yes! Wonderful shots. And that flash-back scene of them growing up together...that is what did it for me. Plus, I just hate it when sims die...and that is why I could never do a legacy, because I get too attached to my sims. hehehe
    Post edited by SoulGal7 on
    @Skeilah - Yes, another epic battle! Woot! Take down that Mother!
    I am kind of nervous to play this pack. I haven't before, and I've heard of things going wrong when fighting mother. But they had a team, so that is good. I laughed when Erwin said, "I think I just peed my pants". Yep, I think we all would if we had to face something like that in rl. For sure! Of geez! And one of those minions got Noelle. And yeah, Bryon and Johnny save the day. And there, on the tarmac lay their two precious bundles...and they are now toddlers. So sweet! And the first thing that Audrey says to Bryon is "Dada"...ahhh....Bryon....that must have pulled on your heartstrings. So glad that the family is together again :)
    @SoulGal7 and @Skeilah and everyone else who wants them, the family is up , and I will continue to put them up after every birthday. My ID is Nocturara, and I used the hashtag #onemonthoneworldoneyear. I still don't know why they have CC, one of these days I'll try to find out which Sim has it...

@Skeilah Thank you for the offer: On the first of June, there will most likely be 2 parents, 2 teens, 2 children and 2 toddlers as far as I have planned, if that helps you (and no, I didn't intend it to be that symmetrical :) )
    edited May 2021
    Sorry for spamming here, but doing comments as I am reading...backwards...lol Hope I got everyone. Still working on my update as I have to play the day still. Hopefully will get that done tonight. Have a great day/night everyone!

@Ellupelluellu -
    Day 3,4 & 5 - Love the cover shot with the rocket ship. Strangerville really does have some great background for photos.
    May 3 - Melody is "au naturel" in her garden. Who can see her hiding behind that tree, right? lol Congrats on Melody's promotion. Malcolm - get those skills up! lol And a nice little jaunt to Mt. Komorebi for some snow sports. I just really love that world so much.
    Day 4 - Love the outfit you have Melody dressed in...and whoa! Look at Malcolm's leg muscles! No wonder those jeans ripped in a few places.
    Day 5 - Woops! Malcolm is complaining about Melody's cooking? Oops....I am surprised she doesn't throw something at him for a comment like that! Oh my gosh! And there is Sakura...in a bad mood! Wow! I rarely see her in a bad mood...she is always so sad in my game. But see, Malcolm, she perked up with Melody's food...and she never said anything about the spices, either. It was perfect. Thanks Melody for helping Sakura with her mood swing. And I guess Malcolm made it up to Melody with a rocketship woohoo! Yes! Love that shot of the rocket flying and the heart stream. :) Ahhh....so sweet. Now, no more complaints about Melody's cooking.

@IllusoryThrall -
    Ah, the Malone family. Still a mess...and Jazmyn wisely goes to work on some experiments. It looks like Benji is getting lucky in more than just bowling tonight. Woot! Benji has a girlfriend. And out until 4am? Wow! His family really doesn't care about their kids to have him stay out this late. With a girlfriend, will this make Benji a better person now? I wonder...

@sassytxbrat
    Nice shot of Mia fishing. I really liked doing the Scouting career, because they just do normal activities and suddenly, boom, they get a badge. She also looks so cute in her uniform. I did the drama career with Sakura - first time I did that one, too. It takes more time because it is right after school. And they have moved into quite a large house! Whoa! Skye is doing well with her auditions, and baby Eli has his own room. And Jake moves in. That is a good idea to help care for Eli when Skye is at work. And congrats to Mia for completing the scouting career and becoming a Llamacorn Scout.

@Hermitgirl
    Ichabod does not seem like a very nice sim,,,and he asks for a life extension. Does that mean he has to sacrifice a sim to get it?

@LegacySims2017 -
    Glad that Jackson confided in Duane about his homelessness and about his parents passing away. And, of course, Duane would help Jackson out. That is what a true Sulani resident does, help others. Right? Duane is a really good friend for Jackson. I hope they stay friends through this challenge. And congrats to Jackson for getting a raise in his lifeguard job. Woot! And they are heading to a kava party and Duane is going to sneak Jackson some kava. lol That stuff is strong. Great chapter. I am feeling very happy for Jackson.

@Karababy52 -
    Lots of discussion between Essa and Josh about what could be going on in Strangerville...and the research they did...wow! Lots of work there. Sounds like a long list of things to do for them, but, yes, I think that chatting with Erwin again might get them some hazmat suits, or at least, he might let them know where to find some. And Essa meets Melody...and discovers that there's another spellcaster in town. Nice! Maybe she will recruit Melody to help her. I totally agree with that line, "Essa doesn't get out much..." lol Isn't that always the case when you're trying to do an aspiration or skill or something, and you are stuck in the house, and not going exploring. However, in this case, I totally don't want Essa to get out much, because...well...it's kind of dangerous out in Strangerville.
    Post edited by SoulGal7 on
  • EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,873 Member
    edited May 2021
    @miss_eulenauge ,
    Do you use hider mods? Like situation outfits hiders, or any kind of mod what makes your sim to wear something else than it would be in vanilla game? Accessories removal mods?

Or some default replacements?

some, if not all of those will make your sims to have that CC mark, even so you KNOW you did not use any CC on the sim :)
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina
    @Ellupelluellu - Regarding your comment on my last chapter - I do think that Melody was taking those plates home with her because she probably has a dishwasher, and Sakura doesn't lol
    @Ellupelluellu I have CC Eyelashes in my game (not on them, I triple-checked) and have tried to get a default baby replacement at least once, but saw no effect and took it back out. I think. My mod folder isn't the most organized :#
    But after your comment, I disabled all Mods temporarily, went in and uploaded them, and now there's the family without CC! Kind of a hassle to do that after every birthday, but I'll get through it :)

Thank you for the help - they are up without CC now! ( @SoulGal7, @Skeilah and everyone else - btw, does the tagging help you see it, or does it annoy more than it helps?)
    I'm really excited already about perhaps seeing them in your games... :smiley:
    edited May 2021
    I don't know what this is with all the bugs... Today it was that the twins could not age up, even though I tried five times. (At least I was able to practice taking pics of candle-blowing kids :D) That combined with the annoying gnomes... Yeah. But the kids look great!

last Update | Overview post&rules
    Update 11 - Bridgeview

goVtu9K.png

Sarah's Diary
    4aG6SMv.png
    The morning starts with these two sweetie-pies playing in their room. We'll have to enjoy the pictures while they last, because today they will be aging up!
    ldxaQ30.png
    Then, Greg discovers the naked gnome next to our mailbox and tries to appease him with a little salad. Phew - it works! :)
    3dvjmLf.png
    I was making some turkey dinner for today in the meantime.
    55Wq7he.png
    Aaand... Daily Bathroom pic! :) How did this gnome get in here?!
    Jijj4ma.png
    I tried to appease another gnome with more salad, but it seems that the gnomes don't like me. Perhaps I'm not as mischievous?!
    Then, I tried to plead for forgiveness. Yeah... No. No gnomes for me!
    ZZP8Zk6.png
    4YtHSsK.png
    ptWpB2Q.png
    p556Yf2.png
    Then, Greg tries to plead as well, since that gnome did look quite dangerous. How does he do that?!
    u5WENtF.png
    7mXpaZw.png
    After that, it's time for the turkey dinner!
    LXmQibH.png
    I have tried to put these dangerous gnomes outside, but they always come back and invade the house! :unamused:And of course they always drop seed packets that I have to sell and then cheat away the money - they'd never get over 4000$ from some Gnomes!
    bOwpxAz.png
    Greg got a seed packet with some Dahlias from the gnomes and I asked him to take the kids to the garden to plant the flowers and then just do things with them until I was finished inside. I let them keep one since it's unlikely that two Dahlias I'm always going to forget about anyway are ever going to make them that much money.
    K6mqeU4.png
    Um... This does not look good!
    Q2MOODD.png
    What did Grim want in our house?!
    QhowSiC.png
    Turns out that Granny and Gary had been visiting, and Granny had been doing I don't know what, but it hadn't been healthy for her! Luckily, Grim relented to Gary's pleading...
    Zh36Q6u.png
    And then the cakes were finished! Sophia got to blow the candles first, as she had been the firstborn.
    n65CzK2.png
    Mark got his try shortly afterwards.
    zxH7epx.png
    See?! They always get back into the house and block important space...
    goVtu9K.png
    Luckily, we both had completed some Gigs, so we were able to get the two of them pretty new clothes.
    azpxXw2.png
    And they each got a Diary to write in! Sophia was really excited! :)
    mhmAZFt.png
    Mark was a bit more quiet about his present... But he'll come to realize the Value of a Diary, when he feels annoyed by one of his siblings or someone at school and just wants to sort through his feelings.
    cCr2PWb.png
    Look at Mark in his pretty new bed! Just for big boys... <3
    XhNPeTk.png
    Sophia got to choose a new bed covering too, and was really excited about it. The chattering about who gets which bunk went on endlessly!
    XC58nCn.png
    Aren't you creeped out too by how these dangerous gnomes come into your house at night! I swear, if they continue to do that after the holiday is over, I'll put them in the dumpster, no matter what Greg says.

Tomorrow there will be an exciting day again. We'll give the kids their last surprise: We got them into Scouts. They'll get to meet other kids, do fun stuff, and they get cute little uniforms too...
    And Miles will age up, which everyone is super excited about.

Schedule
    I am planning to play for 14 months, starting on the 1st of June with the Main Sim's toddler birthday. In May I will set up the rest of the family and play the Main Sim's baby stage. After that: 2 weeks as a toddler, 1 1/2 months as a child, 3 months as a teen, 3 months as a Young Adult, 3 months as an Adult and 3 months as an Elder for the Main Sim.
    For all others, I will use these MCC settings, starting on 1st of June, so it roughly works. (Combined, the Teen, YA, Adult and Elder stages are exactly 365 days right now).
    • Pregnany: 5 days
    • Baby: 7 days
    • Toddler: 14 days
    • Child: 45 days
    • Teen: 90 days
    • Young Adult: 93 days
    • Adult: 92 days
    • Elder: 90 days
    This might change when I get a feeling for the challenge. I will possibly extend this for a next Gen, or extend the YA and Adult stages, if I get Brindleton Bay and subsequent other worlds. And if I manage to stick around that long.
    I will start playing in Bridgeview (Newcrest) with a big family and the Baby No. 5 as main sim. I will move neighborhood each month, alternating the worlds. This starts as soon as the Main Sim turns teen.
    I want to work on roughly two aspirations per month with my Main Sim, or, better said, on about 3 goal sets of the "Master Simmer" challenge to try and get all achievements - mainly because with my current packs there are 38 goal sets - 3,1666 per month. (See Rules).
    I think with normal play, I'll never get there! But with so much time to stretch out the skilling, it might work. And it will definitely keep me from getting bored. ;)

Characters
    --Gallery (Sims and houses): Hashtag #onemonthoneworldoneyear, Name "One Sim - Fam. Britton". My gallery name is Noctuara.
    Parents: Sarah and Greg Britton. They live on the 20x15 "Comfy Cubby" in Bridgeview, Newcrest.
    Kids: Sophia & Mark (Twins)
    • Greg Britton - Greg is a young adult who has a strong interest in Gaming and Computers and is quite a Geek. Unfortunately, he also is a bit slobby and mean. Due to his history, he is a bit troubled, has Bad Manners, is Irresponsible, Argumentative and Insensitive. But he can be nice as well... if he tries his best... (and I help him by x-ing out all his autonomous mean&mischievous interactions from the Parenthood traits) He was working in business, but hated it. So he enrolled for a Programming course and is now a freelance programmer listed with an agency. On the side, he participates in Novice Tournaments.
    • Sarah Britton - Sarah on the other hand wants to be the best parent possible, even though she is a Young Adult herself. She is very neat, good and loves being with her family. She found a job as Freelancer Artist to try and keep the two of them afloat.
    • Sophia Britton - The firstborn, and the twin of Mark. She is a child now. She continues to be very independent and to prefer doing things alone, preferably developing her mental skills.
    • Mark Britton - The secondborn and the twin of Sophia. He is a child now too. He hasn't lost his toddler charm, and likes being outdoors, where he has a lot of space to run around and play.
    • Miles Britton - The thirdborn. He is a baby right now.
    others:
    • Gary Whelan, a friend of Greg from high school. Lives on "Oak Alcove", 20x15, Bridgeview. He is a Bro, Geek and Active. He works as a Game developer.
    • Fam. Aldrich, the neighbours and friends of Sarah. They live on the 30x20 "Fernpark" in Bridgeview. Elderly Pamela lives here with her Grandchildren after both parents died in a plague at young years. Pamela loves to Garden, cook at spend time with her Grandchildren. And if she had the time (and I the money), she'd love to learn to knit. Readhed Alexia, already a Young Adult, is the image of her mother. She loves to paint, channeling all her emotions on the canvas. She feels heavily responsible for her younger siblings, Tessa and Joey (twins). Tessa loves to make crafts like her big Sister and is very creative, while Joey has a lot of Energy and is very much into sports.
    Post edited by miss_eulenauge on
  • IllusoryThrallIllusoryThrall Posts: 1,335 Member
    Day Fifteen
    05-15-21_10-19-18-am.jpg
    Jaz heads off to school Monday morning, furious because the mice woke her (and the rest of the family) up.

Bennie wakes up in a foul mood, but it’s not the mice, and he’s not telling anyone why. Yesterday the bills came due.. and there is no way he can pay them. He’s short nearly 2 grand. So, he opens to store, and hopes that will generate some income before the power goes out and the whole family knows what a failure he’s been lately. He knows he’s supposed to be the opening act at work tonight, but he doubts he’ll be able to get away from the store to go.
    05-15-21_10-25-36-am.jpg
    Thoroughly frustrated, he walks past the overfilled dumpster.. and an idea occurs to him. He is going to end up filthy, but there has to be some things he could sell in there, right? People throw away all kinds of weird things….
    05-15-21_10-40-20-am.jpg
    After an exhausting day, I find poor filthy Bennie sound asleep in the dumpster, but at least there’s finally room in the dumpster.
    05-15-21_10-47-46-am.jpg
    By the time he closes the store, goes to the local thrift store to sell what he found in the dumpster, and heads upstairs to clean up, he is gratified to find out he has made enough to pay the bills. Barely, but at least the power will stay on and his kids can be fed.

Exhausted, he doesn’t even try interacting with anyone from his family, and just pulls the Murphy bed down, crawls in, and passes out. Even the mice aren’t enough to wake him up.

PS: Jaz spent her day either working on Mental skill or at school, I just somehow missed taking any shots of the rest of the family. Getting the money to pay bills was stressful!
    @miss_eulenauge
    I timed this. Because the baby was being stubborn, I worked on this for 25 minutes. There's obviously a toddler missing on daddy's lap, but that toddler will sit there soon enough :') Hope you like it!

JOzDVkb.png

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top