Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Lets talk about non-consentual alien abduction pregnancies...

12346...Next

Comments

• ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    muzickmage wrote: »
    OK, I create a few male, and female sims to see it repeat itself for comfirmation.

Male sims options:
    ..... Become Pregnant
    ..... Get Others Pregnant
    ..... Neither
    (Default setting) Get Others Pregnant

Female sims options:
    ..... Become Pregnant
    ..... Neither
    (Default setting) Become Pregnant

To be sure.... do male sims still get impregnated by aliens even when the "neither" setting is chosen? Or, could it be that we players are simply assuming the "neither" setting is chosen by default, or forgetting to choose that setting for our male sim?
    Yep the gender patch was the fix for alien abductions. Pregnancy options can be very useful.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • FelicityFelicity Posts: 4,979 Member
    OK, I create a few male, and female sims to see it repeat itself for comfirmation.

Male sims options:
    ..... Become Pregnant
    ..... Neither

Female sims options:
    ..... Become Pregnant
    ..... Neither

To be sure.... do male sims still get impregnated by aliens even when the "neither" setting is chosen? Or, could it be that we players are simply assuming that setting is chosen, or forgetting to choose that setting for our male sim?

Alien abductions came out before the gender options patch, so I'm honestly not sure. After my options were trashing a save or modding them out, I chose modding them out and haven't looked back. The only time I've had an issue since then is one time MCCC, during a patch update, for some reason stopped preventing the abduction and that poor sim became alien test subject numero uno yet again.
  • EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,856 Member
    Felicity wrote: »
    Ok, now i'm getting a tab bit confused from all the different back and forth opinions - so i'm going to work this out from scratch.....

Question: Is it "possible" for a male sim to be impregnated by an alien without the "player's" consent?

That's the only way it's possible. The abduction cannot be cancelled and you have no control over what happens during. It's far more likely to happen if someone in the household is in the science career, but, at least before I modded them out, it was not a requirement. And if no one in the household is in the science career, then you have no access to the one thing that can prevent the abduction.
    1. it can, if resetting sim (needs testing cheats active and shift+click the sim).
    2. you can, (again with the buil/buy enabling cheat).

No mods needed.

Well, yeah, if you catch the abduction before it's too late, you can reset. Or even reload the game. It's not really a good solution.

And the satellite needs to be reset ever 24 hours. It needs to be actively maintained. This is what I think could fix it. Just have the satellite in the regular catalog, and have it be a toggle rather than having to reset it every day.

Edit: Do console users have access to cheats? Legit question, I have no clue.

I know, most likely NOT a good solution, I was only mentioning it because you said "The abduction cannot be cancelled and you have no control over what happens during" :) nothing else :)
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina

Male sims options:
    ..... Become Pregnant
    ..... Neither

Female sims options:
    ..... Become Pregnant
    ..... Neither

To be sure.... do male sims still get impregnated by aliens even when the "neither" setting is chosen? Or, could it be that we players are simply assuming that setting is chosen, or forgetting to choose that setting for our male sim?

Alien abductions came out before the gender options patch, so I'm honestly not sure. After my options were trashing a save or modding them out, I chose modding them out and haven't looked back. The only time I've had an issue since then is one time MCCC, during a patch update, for some reason stopped preventing the abduction and that poor sim became alien test subject numero uno yet again.
    It works. Only thing it doesn't prevent is story progression so Sims can get pregnant by an alien without getting abducted at a much higher chance from townies. I tested it with rotational play.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • muzickmagemuzickmage Posts: 986 Member

Male sims options:
    ..... Become Pregnant
    ..... Neither

Female sims options:
    ..... Become Pregnant
    ..... Neither

If, (and i'm saying "if" here lol) choosing the "neither" option for males prevents alien from impregnating male sims, then that would definately be the loophole arguing against forced pregnancy without consent. That particular list of options in the CAS when first creating the male sim would virtually be the consent, or lack of.

I would definately need more confident feedback before actually arriving at that opinion though.
    Ok, now i'm getting a tab bit confused from all the different back and forth opinions - so i'm going to work this out from scratch.....

Question: Is it "possible" for a male sim to be impregnated by an alien without the "player's" consent?

That's the only way it's possible. The abduction cannot be cancelled and you have no control over what happens during. It's far more likely to happen if someone in the household is in the science career, but, at least before I modded them out, it was not a requirement. And if no one in the household is in the science career, then you have no access to the one thing that can prevent the abduction.

Ok, and if the player chooses "no pregnancy" from the CAS option menu when creating their sim can the male sim still become pregnant from an alien abduction?

I'm pretty sure that the no pregnancy CAS option is the default for male sims.

Edit: Unless it's been changed, the alien abduction pregnancy for male sims cannot be switched off via the CAS toggle.

Another edit: I wonder if switching the CAS toggle to "can get pregnant" would prevent the alien abduction pregnancy. Of course, that leads to your male sim being able to get pregnant via try for baby, which I really wouldn't like either.

I just noticed your edits.... you're saying that the no pregnancy option in the CAS for male sims is voided for the alien abductions?

I don't know. It depends on how the game is coded to recognize who can get pregnant via alien.
    Scobre wrote: »

Male sims options:
    ..... Become Pregnant
    ..... Neither

Female sims options:
    ..... Become Pregnant
    ..... Neither

It works. Only thing it doesn't prevent is story progression so Sims can get pregnant by an alien without getting abducted at a much higher chance from townies. I tested it with rotational play.

It should work now -- this was awhile ago that MCCC, for a few days after one patch, stopped working. But it was a few years ago.
    Scobre wrote: »

Male sims options:
    ..... Become Pregnant
    ..... Neither

Female sims options:
    ..... Become Pregnant
    ..... Neither

It should work now -- this was awhile ago that MCCC, for a few days after one patch, stopped working. But it was a few years ago.
    Oh sorry I meant been testing it unmodded with that gender patch.
    Ok wait, lol. I just read again what I typed lol. That's a catch 22 isn't it lol?

If we chose the "neither" option so our sims don't get pregnant from alien abductions.... that also means a male sims can't get his girlfriend/wife pregnant either.

What kind of deal is that? lol
    edited May 2021
    So I guess I have to use the word "technically" here when I say.....

(technically) Aliens abducting and impregnating male sims isn't a forced pregnancy without the players consent because....

1) The player can choose the "neither" option from the CAS option menu when creating their male sim, despite that option also preventing the male sims from being able to impregnate his girlfriend/wife as well.

(note: The "neither" option isn't yet confirmed to work)

2) Joining the science career allows us to achieve the satelite, which protects from alien abductions. Without the satelite no protection is achievable. (unless - see option 1)

I don't think I like those options. Having to chose the "neither" option to prevent my sims from becoming pregnant by aliens seems kinds of expensive. By choosing that options to protect him, i'm basically limiting him to just adoptions for parenthood. That doesn't seem fair.

While the alternative, one of my household sims (per save that includes a household male) would have to join the science career to achieve the satelite. I don't like being told that I have to join a particular career for my save game just so I don't have to deal with my male sim becoming pregnant. Are you serious? lol.

So "technically" I can't label these transactions as a "forced pregnancy" without consent, being that the game does allow me, what appears to be, 2 options to protect my sims from such an activity. Though I must say that the expense of these options seems a bit ridiculous, and greatly manipulates gameplay.

Am I missing something here? Is this the deal we have?
    would have to join the science career to achieve the satelite. I don't like being told that I have to join a particular career for my save game just so I don't have to deal with my male sim becoming pregnant. Are you serious? lol.

@muzickmage , as I said before, your sim does not HAVE to be in that career, build/buy enabling cheat will let your sim to have that said satellite.

edited May 2021
    would have to join the science career to achieve the satelite. I don't like being told that I have to join a particular career for my save game just so I don't have to deal with my male sim becoming pregnant. Are you serious? lol.

@muzickmage , as I said before, your sim does not HAVE to be in that career, build/buy enabling cheat will let your sim to have that said satellite.

Yes, I saw your earlier post. Mods or cheats, that's our protection. I have to cheat my way out of a game function. That's really a great alternative isn't it?

New players (for their protection) better learn the cheat codes quickly.

Edit: Seems to me that the satelite should be in the build/buy to begin with, without needing to cheat it there.

Yes, I saw your earlier post. Mods or cheats, that's our protection. I have to cheat my way out of a game function. That's really a great alternative isn't it?

I already said , maybe not the perfect solution, but it IS there.

And anyway it is nerfed to almost zero, so new players might wonder was it ever there. :)

Edit: Seems to me that the satelite should be in the build/buy to begin with, without needing to cheat it there.
    Believe me a lot of the fantasy players were upset with the satellite being locked behind a career too because a lot of us want higher chance of abductions without having to use mods and cheats too. Why I was hoping for a liveable space world for aliens to live so we can have them expanded upon more with options.
  • CelSimsCelSims Posts: 2,270 Member
    So I guess I have to use the word "technically" here when I say.....

(technically) Aliens abducting and impregnating male sims isn't a forced pregnancy without the players consent because....

1) The player can choose the "neither" option from the CAS option menu when creating their male sim, despite that option also preventing the male sims from being able to impregnate his girlfriend/wife as well.

(note: The "neither" option isn't yet confirmed to work)

2) Joining the science career allows us to achieve the satelite, which protects from alien abductions. Without the satelite no protection is achievable. (unless - see option 1)

I don't think I like those options. Having to chose the "neither" option to prevent my sims from becoming pregnant by aliens seems kinds of expensive. By choosing that options to protect him, i'm basically limiting him to just adoptions for parenthood. That doesn't seem fair.

While the alternative, one of my household sims (per save that includes a household male) would have to join the science career to achieve the satelite. I don't like being told that I have to join a particular career for my save game just so I don't have to deal with my male sim becoming pregnant. Are you serious? lol.

So "technically" I can't label these transactions as a "forced pregnancy" without consent, being that the game does allow me, what appears to be, 2 options to protect my sims from such an activity. Though I must say that the expense of these options seems a bit ridiculous, and greatly manipulates gameplay.

You missed that you can prevent your sim going outside to get abducted by simply locking the doors every night.

Personally I think the satellite should be freely available without cheats.
  • CelSimsCelSims Posts: 2,270 Member

I already said , maybe not the perfect solution, but it IS there.

And anyway it is nerfed to almost zero, so new players might wonder was it ever there. :)

Can someone tell the aliens in my games they are nerfed please because I've got one family that gets abducted nearly every night. Some nights more than one is taken. I find it hilarious though.
  • WolfiumWolfium Posts: 2,672 Member

It's a random event that player can't control, unless player catches interaction in queue and cancels it. Besides, it's all laboratory work carried by pollination technicians.

The best events are the ones that are random and that player can't control. They bring surprise into game.
  • BlkBarbiegalBlkBarbiegal Posts: 7,924 Member
    edited May 2021
    But the story goes, the aliens inplant the seed perhaps through the bellybutton. A tiny laparoscopic incision. The male anatomy is the perfect environment for incubation. The water sack contains nutrients the baby needs. Then unfortunately a Csection is required to get the baby out.

That’s it. From now on I’ll be covering my bellybutton.

lol well....you may have to cover your face according to @Umbreon12 mention of pregnancy by face-hugger thing. :# lol yikes

-Btw, when your sim comes back dazed, that's just a little general anesthesia. Your sim will sleep that off in what, 6 hrs. Tops ;)
    Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie
  • elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,541 Member
    But the story goes, the aliens inplant the seed perhaps through the bellybutton. A tiny laparoscopic incision. The male anatomy is the perfect environment for incubation. The water sack contains nutrients the baby needs. Then unfortunately a Csection is required to get the baby out.
    This is pretty much how I always saw it. I never ever imagined it was anything sexual.

Aliens go hand in hand with the science career and it seems to me that it would be more likely to be an implantation experiment or something like that which occurs. Something very science-y, and nothing to do with woohoo at all.

Maybe the issue is not with the content of the game but with the content of people's minds?
  • EA_LeelooEA_Leeloo Posts: 2,019 EA Staff (retired)
    edited May 2021
    so, folks, I just removed a lot of comments from this thread because they were not okay, pointed, and off-topic.

I get that this topic has generated some very strong opinions but I'm asking you all to remember that being rude or fanning the flames are against the forum rules, specifically:
    • Don't bully or use toxic behavior. It's against the rules and is a one-stop-shop to getting banned from the forums. Your gaming account will also be reviewed. We count on you to keep toxicity out of our community. Personal defamation, harassing, bullying, threatening, offending, or any harmful behavior towards others is not acceptable - ever.
    • Don't be rude. No matter what your feelings are about other people, EA Forums aren't the place to attack another person. That includes public figures, EA employees, or other forum users.
    • Don't be a troll, bait or flame. This includes deliberately trying to cause an argument by making sarcastic, off-topic, rude or disruptive posts, and discussions.
    There will be a follow-up with individual moderation where necessary.

I'm asking all of you to remember the rules and be mindful of how you engage with others on this forum.

- Leeloo
    Post edited by EA_Leeloo on
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top