Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Chosen Six Challenge

5tgMCm9.png
I've been developing and playing this challenge for two months now and wanted to share it with you because I find it so much fun. It's a dystopian-style combination of the 100 Baby Challenge, the Legacy Challenge, and also involves rotational play, a dress code, choosing names deliberately, and other rules to control the population. Disclaimer: I have built this challenge using creations from the gallery (for which I am eternally grateful). Unfortunately, I did not take notes and cannot give credit at this point. If you discover one of your creations, please let me know, so I can credit you.

Recommended packs: Seasons

In this Post: #1 Worldbuilding

Background: The Sim world has fallen into deep trouble. First, environmental pollution led to an increasingly distorted gender ratio. Then a pandemic wiped out most of the remaining women. Having become a scarce resource, the surviving woman and girls went into hiding while the men revolted and destroyed large parts of the Sim world. Now, after years of desperation, the government has negotiated a contract with six surviving fertile women, granting them a life of luxury if they are willing to save Simkind from extinction. The "Chosen Six Challenge" starts after the signing of the long-awaited Peace Treaty.

Sims
Create 105 male sims (15 of them are aliens) and 10 female sims. Only 10 may be teenagers; none of them may be children, toddlers, or babies.

The women
None of the women is related, and none of them has jobs. You may choose skills and aspirations how you wish, except Fabulously Wealthy and Mansion Baron. None of your sim ladies ever gets to have a job.
Four of the female sims are infertile young or older adults. Choose their first names freely. Their last name is “Caring.”
Six of the sims are fertile. These are the Chosen Six faced with the challenge of saving their people from extinction. Create three young adults and three older adults.* The last name of the Chosen Six while they are in service is “Willing.” Choose names from different cultural backgrounds for them.

My first Chosen Six are:

gRRNl6E.png
Venus (the name of the goddess of love) and Zarah (a Biblical name that means “princess“).

GtuBHlQ.png
Pomona (a Latin name that means “fruit tree”) and Ai (a Japanese name that means “love”).

9GiOWBc.png
Rosamunde (Old English name that translates to “rose of the world”) and Chérie (a French name that means “darling”).

To honor the Chosen Six for their service, they may name all their children except for the sons they conceive with noblemen. In my game, Zarah’s descendants will have Biblical names, Pomona’s descendants will have Latin names, Ai’s descendants will have Japanese names, and so on.

*Note: I am using a mod that allows teenage pregnancy in my game, but the challenge posted here is adapted to be appropriate for gamers younger than 18, so this is not required.

The men & aliens

The rich: Create 12 Sims that belong to 5 noble/rich families and 5 households, each consisting of a patriarch and his son(s) and/or grandsons. Since rich Sims fared better during the pandemic, they managed to keep most of their male family members alive. Up to three members and generations for each family are allowed. They have first names and last names of your choosing.

The middle-class: Create 20 Sims that belong to 15 working-class families and 10 households. Most people in this group have lost their relatives, but some managed to keep their sons, brothers, or partners alive. Up to two members and generations for each family are allowed. For the ones who do not have a surviving relative, pick one of the other Sims in the group and make them their family of choice. Sims in this group have first names and last names of your choosing.

DewEOuP.png
Here are six of my rich and middle-class households. The Goths, the Landgraabs, and Jamie Fisher, a humble farmer, have already added sons to their families thanks to the Peace Treaty: Tristan Pendragon (Chérie's son), Jeremy Landgraab (Zarah's son) and Evander Fisher (Pomona's son).

The poor: Create 58 Sims that don’t have any family left but stick together in households of 6 to 8 members. These Sims have lost everyone and everything during the pandemic and had to find strong allies to survive. They are organized as gangs and very loyal to each other. They have first names, but their last names only consist of one letter which was assigned to them by the government.

The aliens: Create 15 Sims with green, blue, or purple skin (or actual aliens if you have the extension for that) and move them to “Other households.” The government hired the aliens to compensate for the lacking labor force. They are the only townies in the game, and it is forbidden by law to have children with them. Aliens have names that consist of a series of numbers.

YauZAbs.png
Here are three of my alien households and three of my less fortunate survivors.

The neighborhoods

You need four neighborhoods for this challenge. Here is how I have adapted the four I am using for this challenge:

Newcrest

HMOr0eA.png
Venus preparing a salad in the "Fruitful Mansion."

The surviving women have struck up a deal with the government that only women may permanently reside in this neighborhood. Create a lavish house titled “Fruitful Mansion” for your Chosen Six. On the remaining lots build:

1) a house named “House of the Expecting”
2) a nursery for girls (in my game the nursery is named “House of Florets”
3) a boarding school for girls
4) a graveyard to commemorate the victims
5) a “Ladies Club” with a bar and at least four separate rooms with four beds.

Build a few parks or other places on the remaining lots that are suitable to go on dates. Move one of your infertile sim ladies into the “House of the Expecting,” one into the nursery, and two into the boarding school. They will be responsible for bringing the next generation into the world and for raising the few precious girls born to the Chosen Six.

Willow Creek

y61UGYb.png
Geoffrey Landgraab with his new son Jeremy.

This is where the noble/rich and middle-class families have taken refuge. Create five mansions for the noble families and ten houses for members of the middle class. On the remaining lots build:
1) a nursery/kindergarten for boys
2) a boarding school for boys
3) a boarding school for teenage boys
4) a large graveyard to commemorate the victims
5) a “Gentlemen’s Club” with a bar and at least four separate rooms with four beds

Move one of your middle-class sims into the kindergarten. He will be responsible for raising the boys that are soon to be born. In addition to the Gentlemen’s Club and graveyard, you can add a community lot of your choosing for future children, for example, a playground or soccer field. Remember that the noble and rich people who have come up with the Peace Treaty live in this neighborhood. They expect Willow Creek to be populated by young boys soon and are working to make it as welcoming for children as possible.

Oasis Springs

Tl0DQCm.png
Darion H., an unhappy newcomer in Newcrest, is hiding in an old gas station.

This is where the less fortunate men live. Most of the infrastructure was destroyed, and they are now living in bunkers and abandoned warehouses, gyms, and gas stations. Create nine of these and move in households of 6 to 8. On the remaining lots, build:
1) a large prison
2) a community lot with at least four beds (this could be an abandoned mansion or a run-down hotel)

All other lots in this neighborhood are empty. Move one to two of your poor sims into the prison. Repurpose the prison by adding toys and beds for children. The prison will be used as a nursery for the boys who are not accepted into the Willow Creek nursery.

Brindleton Bay

This is where the pandemic started, and it is said that nobody survived. Destroy all buildings. We’ll revisit this neighborhood later.

Those are the essentials when it comes to Worldbuilding. The rules of this challenge will be included in the next post!
Post edited by Dystopian_Overlady on

Comments

• telemwilltelemwill Posts: 1,752 Member
    I can't wait to see how you develop this. I'm already wishing I could play it. Maybe once I finish my Not So Berry challenge.
  • Dystopian_OverladyDystopian_Overlady Posts: 28 Member
    Thank you, @telemwill! I am glad to hear that :smiley: I have never tried the Not So Berry Challenge but have read a lot of great things about it.
    edited May 2021
    #2 Gameplay Rules

The task of the Chosen Six is to produce as many children as possible before they become elders while preserving genetic diversity.

Goals
    • All noble families need to have at least one heir
    • Each one of your Chosen Six needs to have at least seven children but no more than two daughters
    • The population count may not fall below 80
    • No children may be taken away by Child Services

Settings
    • Set life-span to normal.
    • Ideally use a mod that prevents people from being jealous, since monogamy isn’t a thing in this world
    • Note: I use a mod that allows me to lower the chance of pregnancy, but this Challenge can also be played without this mod

Schedule
    After long discussions, the government has worked up a schedule the Chosen Six have to follow while they are fertile. Use the calendar to create this schedule:

Monday is “Meet & Greet Day.” In winter, autumn, and spring, your Chosen Six visit Willow Creek to get to know and socialize with noble and middle-class families. In summer, they visit Oasis Springs. Woohoo may only happen on this day if your Sims like each other romantically, regardless of whether you are using a mod or not.

Tuesday is “Me time Day.” On this day, your Chosen Six need to exercise to stay lean. They also may pursue activities to collect aspiration points that allow them to buy rewards later-on. The Fertility Reward is highly recommended for this challenge. No Woohoo or male visitors on this day.

Wednesday is “Day of Desire.” On this day, your Chosen Six may go on dates or invite over men they are romantically interested in. As on Monday, Woohoo may only happen on this day if your Sims like each other romantically, regardless of whether you are using a mod or not.

Thursday is the “Day of Preparation.” On this day, your non-pregnant ladies need to exercise and engage in at least one of the following activities: gardening, musical instruments, cooking, baking, building charisma or comedy skills, or flower arrangements. All of your pregnant ladies need to be moved to the “House of the Expecting” if you haven’t moved them over there already.

Friday is the “Day of Conception.” In winter, your non-pregnant ladies visit the “Gentlemen’s Club” in Willow Creek, in spring the “Ladies Club” in Newcrest, and in summer the run-down motel/abandoned mansion in Oasis Springs. This is one of the most important days if you want to make progress on completing the challenge. If you use a mod, your task is to pair your ladies off with as many sims who visit the lot as possible. If you do not use the 🐸🐸🐸🐸 mod, your task is to romance male sims who visit the lot and convince them to Woohoo. On Fridays in autumn, a selection of five noblemen is invited to the house of the Chosen Six for an exclusive dinner party. Your task again is to Woohoo and achieve pregnancy.

Saturday is the “Day of Rest.” On this day, the ladies who participated in the previous Friday’s exertions may rest and indulge in hobbies. You may use this day to play other households.

Sunday is the “Day of the Children.” On this day, your ladies may keep in touch with their children by inviting them over. They can read to them, play with them, or engage in other activities depending on the season (baking in autumn, swimming in summer, presents in winter, dancing in spring). If a lady has one or two daughters, maintaining a close relationship with them has a higher priority than keeping in touch with her sons.

Rules for pregnancy and age stages

Since the Chosen Six do not have time to raise their children, you need to regularly check on them and make sure that they are in the in the correct stage of the care system. Here are the rules for the different stages of pregnancy and age:

Early pregnancy: At the beginning of the challenge, you may leave the gender of the babies up to chance. Once a lady has a girl, she has to eat carrots to make sure that she has boys. Once she has aged up from young adult to adult and has more than six children, you may leave the gender of her baby up to chance again. Each lady may have a maximum of two daughters. The only exceptions are accidental girl twins or triplets.

Late pregnancy: Move pregnant ladies to the “House of the Expecting” and let them have their babies there. They may stay with them for one to two days; then, they have to return to the “Fruitful Mansion” to the other ladies and attempt to get pregnant again.

Female babies and toddlers: After being separated from their mothers, girls are moved to the girl nursery. Once they are toddlers, change the names the game has assigned to them in a way that reflects their mother’s name. Zarah’s daughters, for example, are called Leah and Rachel, Rosamunde’s daughters are called Marigold and Guinevere. The last name of all girls prior to puberty is “Floret.”

Male babies and toddlers: After being separated from their mothers, move baby boys to the boy nursery in Willow Creek. The sons of noble/rich and middle-class men get to live with their fathers after aging up to toddlers. The sons of the men who live in Newcrest stay in the care system. Change the names of the boys according to their status: rich boys are named by their fathers, middle-class boys get first names that reflect their mothers’ names (Zarah’s sons are called Simon, Ruben, and Asher, for example), and their fathers’ last names. Poor boys get first names that reflect their mothers’ names, and their last names are the first letter of their mother’s first name. Two of Zarah’s sons are called “Asher Z.” and “Zebulon Z.”

If the nursery in Willow Creek is full, you need to move babies and toddlers to the repurposed prison in Oasis Springs. If you run out of space in Oasis Springs, you may build another nursery in Newcrest.

Female children and teenagers: Girls grow up in the boarding school for girls in Newcrest.

Male children and teenagers: Boys that cannot live with their fathers grow up in the boarding schools for boys and teenagers in Willow Creek or in the repurposed prison in Oasis Springs if they don’t get a place in Willow Creek.

Important note for all babies, toddlers, and children: Always make sure that there is an adult or at least teenager living with babies, toddlers, and children to avoid losing all of them when the only elder adult in the household dies!

Female teenagers and young adults: Once one of the Chosen Six elders has more than ten children and/or has become an elder, she needs to be replaced by a young woman born into the second generation. If your sims ladies have two daughters, you have to choose one of them to become one of the new Chosen Six. Due to environmental pollution, in every generation, there are only six fertile women. The remaining daughters of the Chosen Six are assigned roles on the “House of the Expecting”, the nursery, and the boarding school to help/replace elders. If these roles are filled they may live as a maid in a household of a) someone they are romantically attached to or b) a relative (later generations). Change a girl’s last name from “Floret” to “Caring” or “Willing” depending on the role you have chosen for her.

Male teenagers and young adults: Noble/rich boys stay in their family homes to continue their bloodlines. Middle-class boys also stay with their fathers; however, if one of them has more than two sons, one of the sons can be assigned to work in the nursery or one of the boarding schools to help/replace elders. Boys born to fathers living in Oasis Springs may not join their father’s. They may fill roles in the care system. Most of them, however, are ordered by the government to move into newly built apartments in Brindleton Bay once they have become adults and enter the “Business” career path to rebuild the economy. I’ll go into more details once I post the rules for Generation 2.
    edited May 2021
    Getting started...

So, how does this game look when played? The first three ladies who got pregnant were Venus, Pomona, and Chérie. I moved them to the "House of the Expecting" and played this household for a day.

AwYuMzd.png
    To build the "House of the Expecting", I repurposed a farmhouse downloaded from the gallery.

5ttYZhn.png
    The house is run by Nancy Landgraab (now named Nancy Caring), one of the women impacted by mass infertility. After the Peace Treaty, she had to leave her husband, son, and life of luxury behind in Willow Creek.

aHVoNQl.png
    Nancy takes care of the pregnant ladies and their babies during their first weeks of life.

B0qh1hG.png
    She also makes sure that the ladies engage in activities encouraged by the government. Here you can see her watching a cooking show with Venus.

iyQoLhM.png
    Her son Malcolm manages to find her and tries to convince her to come back home. However, Nancy has to tell him that they have to comply with the new laws to rebuild their world and save Simkind from extinction.

JfRIe1b.png
    Malcolm is crushed by this and tells his mother that he hates the Peace Treaty with all his soul for breaking their family apart.

ybMbJQZ.png
    Nancy sadly tells him that if he refuses to accept the Peace Treaty, the Landgraab family line is threatened and that Malcolm's father, Nancy's husband Geoffrey, will then be the one to make sure that there would be an heir to carry on the legacy.

Bug6s76.png
    Malcolm storms off, completely furious...

5H2UyX0.png
    ... vowing to never have a child with one of the Chosen Six.

C7oADMJ.png
    Meanwhile, Rosamunde visits Chérie - still unsure about their new way of life.

K1ehnrX.png
    Chérie, however, tells her that she preferrs this life to hiding in the mountains and being in constant fear of her life.

4ZiZhbp.png
    The first lady to become pregnant was Pomona. Her child's father is named Milo and a member of the middle-class.

QT2P9mY.png
    The second lady to become pregnant was Venus. Her child's father is named Maverick. He lives with his family of choice, five survivors of the pandemic, in a bunker in Oasis Springs after escaping from prison after years of unjust imprisonment.

OBgoDbp.png
    Both Venus and Pomona learn that they are expecting a girl. (I used LittleMsSam's Ultrasound Scan Mod to find out what gender the babies have prior to their birth.)

ePIJWL6.png
    Here you can see Venus contemplating the bittersweet fact that she is having a girl on her first try - a lucky strike considering the screwed gender ratio. She looks forward to meeting her baby girl but wonders if her daughter one day will take her place.

DtORIlx.png
    On the same day, Chérie learns that she expects a boy, the son of Tristan Pendragon, who will make sure that the Pendragon line continues.

htocCKT.png
    Pomona is the one most far along in her pregnancy. During the night, a dark and stormy one, she goes into labor.

7ZyYQsf.png
    Nancy is so nervous about the first birth occurring in the "House of the Expecting" that she first forgets to put on her uniform.

QUJOA4v.png
    Nancy stays with Pomona as Pomona gives birth to...

lMgXbHU.png
    ... a baby girl who will be known as Philomela Floret during her childhood - the first baby born into the new order.

4cirRom.png
    Both mother and baby fall asleep quickly...

GAOY6Wk.png
    ... and Nancy leaves with a smile on her face, happy that she could help little Philomela into the world.

DvTY1Bo.png
    When Pomona moves back into the "Mansion of the Fruitful," Nancy will take care of Philomela until she becomes a toddler and moves on to the "House of Florets."