Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How Many Plan on Buying Paralives vs TS5?

Comments

• TheSpotted_CTheSpotted_C Posts: 293 Member
    No, I'm going to stay with Maxis and wait to buy TS5 or whatever their new AAA game will be
    I like The Sims 4 and I'm not panicked about a multiplayer Sims 5 - that's just a much-overhyped rumor at this point, and even if they do introduce it, I'm sure they wouldn't completely strip away players' ability to play without the multiplayer, online component. So barring an officially-stated non-optional online and multiplayer component, I'll at least buy the base game of Sims 5.

I have looked at Paralives and there are aspects of it that look cool but overall, there hasn't been anything "game-changing" about it to me. I hope the creators are ready for their audience, that's all I'll say.
  • Glimmer50Glimmer50 Posts: 2,365 Member
    edited May 2021
    Other
    I am watching both games with interest. I want to see what the final models are for the Parafolk in Paralives. As far as TS5, I am waiting to see if it will have a multiplayer mode and how that will be handled. At this point, I just don't feel I know enough to make a firm decision on either game. In either game, if I am required to socialize with others, I will not be buying.
  • LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,177 Member
    edited May 2021
    Other
    You have plenty of time to think about TS5 :p
    elelunicy wrote: »
    There has been an article on Catharina Lavers Mallet joining Maxis. Did everyone in the Sims community not notice that?

https://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/2021-04-23-catharina-lavers-mallet-takes-over-as-maxis-boss

Interesting quote from Samantha Ryan, SVP of EA:

"Maxis has been quiet in terms of new launches since it released The Sims 4 in 2014, but has continually supported the game over time following a launch where some fans were disappointed with the number of features. Since then, the game has grown rapidly, with more than 30 million players worldwide.

"It seems so long ago -- over seven years -- since Sims 4 launched," Ryan adds. "We learned a lot. We doubled down since then and the team has done an amazing job of adding to the depth and breadth of the game. Folks in the industry used to talk about having successful games that could live for five years. Now we talk about them lasting ten years, 15 years, or more. There's been a shift across the entire games industry to support and nurture our communities long-term, and we're committed to doing just that with The Sims 4."

Imagine 15 years of TS4 :D
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    I don't know, I love Maxis, but I don't want a TS5 MMO and might have to jump ship and go with Steam's game.
    Jyotai wrote: »
    Cinebar wrote: »
    It received 689 likes from the folks who are supporting this game with monthly funds. They have also received enough funds to hire someone to compose the unique music for the game. Woot, I would love to hear some of that. I know we have many people here who are supporting this little Indie company,

These 'games' that bill subscribers and 'supporters' while still in development is just the latest spin on a ponzi-like scheme. There's often no actual product to ever be made - they're just billing people's wishes and dreams until they announce that something outside their control has forced the product to be cancelled. A product that often was never actually being made anyway.

You just get some youthful charming yet slightly geeky white guy to make videos about his 'product' and then put together some 'play demo' videos using animation software, and the cash rolls in for years on end while you time your exit to match something easy enough to excuse, and hope you don't end up like the one MMO that recently got caught for it.

I've wondered if what we see is real but I don't understand the 'white guy' reference. Crooks come in all types of colors and genders. Evil doesn't discriminate, it can enter anyone.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • BrittanyChick22BrittanyChick22 Posts: 2,130 Member
    I don't know, I love Maxis, but I don't want a TS5 MMO and might have to jump ship and go with Steam's game.
    I will probably go with paralives if I like the gameplay and will buy it over sims 5.
    giphy.gif

• dearie_blossomdearie_blossom Posts: 707 Member
    Other
    I’ll decide when the finished games are available to the public. For all we know everything we have seen so far could just be trailer magic…
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    I’ll decide when the finished games are available to the public. For all we know everything we have seen so far could just be trailer magic…

Boy, I'm going to be very sad and upset if that is true. But I do know it has happened before. I'm hoping against hope we aren't being taken for a ride.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • MikkiMikkiMikkiMMikkiMikkiMikkiM Posts: 213 Member
    I'm not too enthusiastic about a Sims MMO, but I think I'd have to watch a few people play Paralives before I decide if I want it or not. I like how it *looks* but how does it *play*? So, it's a waiting game, I guess.
  • comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    Other
    If Paralives looks interesting enough to me by the time it's released I'll get it no problem.
    If and when Sims 5 comes out and it looks interesting to me I'll be getting it no problem.
    If I end up exploring 3 or 4 different simulators at the same time that's no problem either.

If nothing is being released...I just play with what I have. No Problem.

this :)
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • ClarionOfJoyClarionOfJoy Posts: 1,945 Member
    Yes, I plan on getting Paralives as soon as it's released (possible 2021)

That's awesome!

• YunaYuna Posts: 231 Member
    edited May 2021
    I plan to buy both.
    I am gonna buy them both for sure.

I play MMOs so it may be interesting to see Sims having such features but to be honest its quite fearsome too because MMOs arent in a really customer-friendly state. Its more the opposite and its all about milking the whales with cashshop and limited time stuff... while not offering full potential for the game itself.. its a gross business really.
    There is not a single MMO which didn't pay the price in game quality for the sake of buy2gain cashgrab I know of.. *e: FFXIV isnt much like that though
    I fear S5 wont have the SinglePlayer it deserves and people are hoping for. Hope I am wrong.

Looking forward to Paralives. There is such meaningful and passion behind it I couldnt imagine not to buy it. :)
    Post edited by Yuna on
  • EliteGirlEliteGirl Posts: 537 Member
    edited May 2021
    Other
    No way on getting TS5. I would get the life simulation Little Sim World, if I can. It's not related to The Sims Series. It has an open world, buses and cars, the ability to choose whether you want to play Little Sim World as a single player game or with other people. The characters in Little Sim World are chibi style. Here's the link to Little Sim World, in case you are interested: https://lsw.gg
  • Hauk150Hauk150 Posts: 358 Member
    Other
    Honestly I’m very interested in Paralives, it looks amazing, I will definitely will buy it when its available
    And I’m not sure how Sims 5 will be, I will buy it if it’s good, like if it has a lot of good content and fun gameplay and offline singleplayer, if it’s a MMO I won’t be interested on it, honestly I’m not a fan of MMO’s
  • Simmer4000Simmer4000 Posts: 27 Member
    Other
    Paralives look interesting but I haven’t seen any gameplay as yet. So, I’ll have to wait and see. As for TS5, I always look forward to a new sims series; however, if it is multiplayer I will likely past and stick with TS4.
  • ChampandGirlieChampandGirlie Posts: 2,482 Member
    I'm not going to say definitively either way until I'm looking at actual content. I think I'm interested in Paralives at this point but I'll review the final product. As for TS5, I'm more open to it now, though I really already have a save going that I'm enjoying.

I'm not interested in an MMO. I am reaching the point where I might be interested in a new version or a transition. I'm not really wanting to go back to square one. I'm also not interested in some version of Second Life. While I can see the appeal of multiplayer for others, that's really not for me. I'm honestly too creative to share.

Realistically, I can't always predict when I'll be around or when I buy things. For example, I have some time right now, but sometimes I get very busy. If they keep updating TS4, I'll stay with it because I enjoy the game I've made. If they wow me with a new TS5, I'll be interested. I can see the appeal of a graphic update.

The Sims series has been really great and I've really enjoyed it. I think I'll continue to play as I can. I know we're moving to a world in which a lot of people are just on their phones with short attention spans. I'm not really like that.

I could be interested in both games as time allows. I'll have to see. I'm not a whale for an MMO though. I did actually think we needed more customization due to many players having different tastes, so I'm fine with the kits. Even then, I don't feel the need to "have everything" but I've picked up some items on sale or on a curious whim. I don't think it makes sense to just buy all the same things again but I'm starting to see that there could be an update.
    Champ and Girlie are dogs.
  • kcalistakcalista Posts: 1 New Member
    I plan to buy both.
    I'm buying both! if only they add single player and multi-player (Sims 5)
  • ncisGibbs02ncisGibbs02 Posts: 2,019 Member
    edited May 2021
    I think it will be so interesting to experience another life simulation game. I’ll always play Sims. I’m just curious what someone else comes up with. I’d play with Sims 3 sometimes 4 if Sims 5 is all online.
    Now alternating between Sims 2,3 and 4! 😊☕️🌞
  • PeralPeral Posts: 873 Member
    Other
    After the latest Sims 4 pack and kits I do consider myself a likely customer to Paralife
    edited June 2021
    I'm definitely going to buy Paralives, but also whatever Paradox Tectonic is making as I have said before. But I want to add one more game to that - and that's Little Sim World. It is SO CUTE and has a lot of nice details!

• SimSpockSimSpock Posts: 273 Member
    Other
    I'm definitely going to buy Paralives, but also whatever Paradox Tectonic is making as I have said before. But I want to add one more game to that - and that's Little Sim World. It is SO CUTE and has a lot of nice details!
    Not the sort of thing that would interest me, but from the short pre-alpha trailer I watched, I definitely can see the appeal to a lot of Sims players.

One of the first things I noticed was cars. I'm sure that they will serve no gameplay purpose when it's finished, but still they're in the game for the illusion. TFW is the deal with Maxis' obstinate refusal to listen to its customers? "You want cars? Okay, we've heard you -- here's Journey to Batuu." I don't care about the cars or about functional babies, but there are a ton of people who've been asking for both since TS4 first came out. I just don't understand.
  • o0Sazie0oo0Sazie0o Posts: 29 Member
    I'm not gonna bother with Sims 5, they sound like their gonna try online again and I ain't for that. I'll definitely be trying out Paralives though.
    SimSpock wrote: »
    Not the sort of thing that would interest me, but from the short pre-alpha trailer I watched, I definitely can see the appeal to a lot of Sims players.

One of the first things I noticed was cars. I'm sure that they will serve no gameplay purpose when it's finished, but still they're in the game for the illusion. TFW is the deal with Maxis' obstinate refusal to listen to its customers? "You want cars? Okay, we've heard you -- here's Journey to Batuu." I don't care about the cars or about functional babies, but there are a ton of people who've been asking for both since TS4 first came out. I just don't understand.

I think maybe no ownable cars are in TS4 because of the game engine? Because if it was just how the worlds were set up, I think it's just a matter of editing all the worlds to accommodate cars. And maybe budget? Because EA is so cheap with funding, they haven't given Maxis enough to be able to implement cars and is just pushing them to make more B/B stuff instead.

One of the modders, Arnie is developing an open world mod for TS4. It isn't exactly open like TS3, but there are CARS there and so much more, plus you can design the world anyway you want.

The Sims 4 - Brookheights Open World (Expansion Mod Pack) Trailer
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ljvfyxcUO9A

I'm boggled that that this ONE modder can do this and not Maxis! But you know? I think it is a labor of love for him and it shows. Maxis on the other hand, being controlled by EA, has been demoralized and unmotivated. I don't think they care much about the game anymore like they did with the previous iterations.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top