Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Never Have I Ever... [GAME]

Comments

• NushnushganayNushnushganay Posts: 9,418 Member
    edited May 2021
    Rephrasing this because I don't want to come across as castigating an entire generation. 'Boomer humor' as I understand the term, refers to the terrible, stale, usually misogynistic jokes berating marriage, kids, and women in particular...like "Take my wife...please. *drumbeat and cymbals crash*" and the decades of tired slurs at everyone except straight while males, made primarily by and for white males....but everyone else was expected to laugh along anyway.

But the post-WWII generation were brought up in an era of infantilizing women, trying to get them to accept no longer having the financial self-sufficiency that they briefly enjoyed while taking on traditionally male jobs during the war, and trying to force them all back into corsets and petticoats (even look at the fashions and how the changed, prewar to postwar!). You can also see it when comparing movies from before WWII, to movies and television after: the difference in the treatment of women is striking and horrible.

I can't blame those born in the immediate post-WWII era for being a product of their times as are we all, but I can hope that as individuals capable of growth, we can all exercise our ability to think for ourselves and question what we've absorbed.

NHIE been shy about saying how I really feel about something. :sweat_smile:
    Post edited by Nushnushganay on
    Racism is EVERYONE's fight #BLM #StopAsianHate
    Let's make Liberty and Justice For All a reality.

xicwqMCm.jpg
  • magic_cat_treemagic_cat_tree Posts: 292 Member
    Rephrasing this because I don't want to come across as castigating an entire generation. 'Boomer humor' as I understand the term, refers to the terrible, stale, usually misogynistic jokes berating marriage, kids, and women in particular...like "Take my wife...please. *drumbeat and cymbals crash*" and the decades of tired slurs at everyone except straight while males, made primarily by and for white males....but everyone else was expected to laugh along anyway.

But the post-WWII generation were brought up in an era of infantilizing women, trying to get them to accept no longer having the financial self-sufficiency that they briefly enjoyed while taking on traditionally male jobs during the war, and trying to force them all back into corsets and petticoats (even look at the fashions and how the changed, prewar to postwar!). You can also see it when comparing movies from before WWII, to movies and television after: the difference in the treatment of women is striking and horrible.

I can't blame those born in the immediate post-WWII era for being a product of their times as are we all, but I can hope that as individuals capable of growth, we can all exercise our ability to think for ourselves and question what we've absorbed.

sooo well-put. My step-dad keeps sending my husband jokes like that, basically "wife bad haha" and my husband doesn't know how to respond. Let's just say my step-dad isn't the most open-minded person, so if we tried to explain how sexist and just plain dumb that is, it would be nothing but awkward :/

back to the game - I used to be super shy when I was younger, but nowadays I have no problems expressing myself.

NHIE touched/held a snake
    Drummer in Seize The Day
  • DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,472 Member
    edited May 2021

Oops, I meant to say specifically those "Okay, boomer" memes. 😂 ("OK boomer" is a catchphrase and Internet meme often used by teenagers and young adults to dismiss or mock attitudes typically associated with people born in the two decades following World War II, known as baby boomers.)

But I guess they're all relatively bad. 😅

sooo well-put. My step-dad keeps sending my husband jokes like that, basically "wife bad haha" and my husband doesn't know how to respond. Let's just say my step-dad isn't the most open-minded person, so if we tried to explain how sexist and just plain dumb that is, it would be nothing but awkward :/

back to the game - I used to be super shy when I was younger, but nowadays I have no problems expressing myself.

NHIE touched/held a snake

Yeah, I have when I was a kid! I held a yellow boa on my shoulders! It was rad.

NHIE touched a tarantula.
    My Top Song of the Day: Fancy Footwork by Chromeo
    FwDXXd5.gif
    I haven't but I have a feeling I would be less scared of a tarantula than of a regular house spider.. for some reason, I don't know why :D

NHIE used Tinder (though I have used dating sites in the past)
    Drummer in Seize The Day
  • Zara_StacyZara_Stacy Posts: 167 Member
    I would NEVER date someone on tinder. The thought, is, disturbing. Mostly because im a single LGBTQ+ closeted teen who doesn't really wanna date anyone lol. Ok that was weird. Anyways...

NHIE Went Snowboarding
    0GnCyNY.gif
    I haven't but I have a feeling I would be less scared of a tarantula than of a regular house spider.. for some reason, I don't know why :D

NHIE used Tinder (though I have used dating sites in the past)

Same. I would love to touch a tarantula some time! I feel like I'm not as scared of them too compared to other spiders. Maybe it's because they don't seem to suddenly jump/move as much as others? I don't even think I've seen a tarantula jump before.
    Zara_Stacy wrote: »
    I would NEVER date someone on tinder. The thought, is, disturbing. Mostly because im a single LGBTQ+ closeted teen who doesn't really wanna date anyone lol. Ok that was weird. Anyways...

NHIE Went Snowboarding

No.

NHIE been to Europe.
    FwDXXd5.gif
    I have never been to Europe. Though I wanna go.

Also I touched a tarantula once. It felt like Qutips on my hands

NHIE Cheated on someone
    0GnCyNY.gif
    Zara_Stacy wrote: »
    I have never been to Europe. Though I wanna go.

Also I touched a tarantula once. It felt like Qutips on my hands

NHIE Cheated on someone

I WANNA TOUCH ONE. And Q-tips don't sound too bad! :D

No, I have not. Can't cheat on anyone when you have no one to cheat on. LOL LOL LOL. I'm just joking. I'm not condoning cheating. 😅😅😅

NHIE met my idol in real life.
    FwDXXd5.gif
  • rubyskywalkerrubyskywalker Posts: 1,174 Member
    Not yet... but I wish! I've met some famous faces before though.

NHIE Wrote a song about somebody you don't even know irl (I have)
    Origin ID and TS3 Username: DollyGizzy
    Hoping to complete the Brunch at the Old Mill set for CYS. 16 items left.
    My Sims 3 Store Wishlist: https://store.thesims3.com/myWishlist.html?persona=DollyGizzy
    My TS3 Blog: https://rubysasimslife.blogspot.com
    Never.

NHIE written a love song.
    FwDXXd5.gif
  • ArkaneArkane Posts: 20,224 Member
    Neva

NHIE crafted beer.
    Potential Is Everything

Origin ID: BadArkane

XYeo1vn.png
    No.

NHIE drunk beer.
    FwDXXd5.gif
    IT LOOKS DISGUSTING

NHIE broke a bone
    0GnCyNY.gif
  • trineloetrineloe Posts: 37 Member
    Never, actually!

> @Zara_Stacy said:
    > I would NEVER date someone on tinder. The thought, is, disturbing. Mostly because im a single LGBTQ+ closeted teen who doesn't really wanna date anyone lol. Ok that was weird. Anyways...
    >
    > NHIE Went Snowboarding

I just wanna say hang in there. It gets better. Lots of love and good vibes to you from a fellow LGBT+.

NHIE totally destroyed a phone
    Gallery ID: trineloe
    ~~ building life ~~
    No.

NHIE been to Disneyland.
    FwDXXd5.gif
    DeKay wrote: »
    Same. I would love to touch a tarantula some time! I feel like I'm not as scared of them too compared to other spiders. Maybe it's because they don't seem to suddenly jump/move as much as others? I don't even think I've seen a tarantula jump before.

I think you're right. Also, I've never seen a tarantula run really fast before; when a normal spider runs, I poo myself every time XD

I've never been to Disneyland

NHIE sang in the shower
    Drummer in Seize The Day
    DeKay wrote: »

I think you're right. Also, I've never seen a tarantula run really fast before; when a normal spider runs, I poo myself every time XD

I've never been to Disneyland

NHIE sang in the shower

I get a mini heart attack every time I see a spider run. XD

I sing in the shower all the time.

NHIE donated more than $100 in one shot.
    FwDXXd5.gif
  • rubyskywalkerrubyskywalker Posts: 1,174 Member
    I don't remember ever donating before, so nope.
    NHIE Made something for someone then forget to give it to them, or never see them. (Happened to me. Twice)
    Origin ID and TS3 Username: DollyGizzy
    Hoping to complete the Brunch at the Old Mill set for CYS. 16 items left.
    My Sims 3 Store Wishlist: https://store.thesims3.com/myWishlist.html?persona=DollyGizzy
    My TS3 Blog: https://rubysasimslife.blogspot.com
  • NushnushganayNushnushganay Posts: 9,418 Member
    I can't recall that happening.

@Zara_Stacy and @trineloe I'll raise a cup to that!

cja2URmm.jpg

NHIE (and to be clear, we are stating things we have never done, right? not things we have?) liked cheese on apple pie.
    Racism is EVERYONE's fight #BLM #StopAsianHate
    Let's make Liberty and Justice For All a reality.

xicwqMCm.jpg
    Never.

NHIE made lemon meringue pie twice.
    FwDXXd5.gif
    uh never?

NHIE played on a soccer team
    0GnCyNY.gif
    Not a real one. Just for PE. XD

NHIE been to Sweden.
    FwDXXd5.gif
    Nope. Haven't even been to Europe.

NHIE rode on a subway
    0GnCyNY.gif
    I have.

NHIE been to Thailand.
    FwDXXd5.gif
    havent ever left the USA

NHIE had any farm animals at my house. (Chicken, cow, pig, etc)
    0GnCyNY.gif

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top