Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Build-n-Share Challenge #182 **Jack Frost Comes Knocking** Due February 29, 2024

Comments

• ForeverTuesdayForeverTuesday Posts: 42 Member
    Two questions:

1. Is the exterior allowed to be white?
    2. What counts as a fully stocked bookcase? Is it any bookcase that's not just a stack of books (eg. the "Vintage Books" item)?
  • JojoMOMSTERJojoMOMSTER Posts: 1,957 Member
    @ForeverTuesday Elspeth has some troubling memories of growing up in the off-white house that she does not want to relive every time she sees her house.
  • SimTresaSimTresa Posts: 3,210 Member
    Two questions:

1. Is the exterior allowed to be white?
    2. What counts as a fully stocked bookcase? Is it any bookcase that's not just a stack of books (eg. the "Vintage Books" item)?

I'm going to say no, the color would be too close.
    Hmm, this rule is from before the Vintage books stack was turned into a bookcase. I always imagined the bookcase should contain a selection of basic skill books as well as books to read for fun.
    image.png
  • icanhassimsicanhassims Posts: 790 Member
    BUILD OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM
    CHALLENGE – 149

FORUM ID: @icanhasims
    ORIGIN ID: icanhassims
    LEVEL: Established
    SIMS 4 LOT NAME: Comfy Cubby in Newcrest
    NEW LOT LINK: Tiny Modern
    LOT COST: 1500
    GALLERY COST: 18,193
    TOTAL COST: 19,693
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://icanhassims.weebly.com/149-hawthorne-project-xii.html
    ENTRY DETAILS: (This is my first Hawthorne Project so hopefully I did it right!) This tiny modern is surprisingly bright inside, thanks to the huge windows without curtains. After all, who would want to obstruct the views of that lovely garden path and backyard? Perfect for an artist or musician on a budget, and in this case, a teacher who does both!
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Sure!
    PICTURES:
    05-04-21-2-31-07-pm_orig.png
    Get 25% off with the code: SIMS4FORUMS My Sims 4 Portfolio
  • icanhassimsicanhassims Posts: 790 Member
    ROOM ENTRY FORM
    CHALLENGE – 149: Bathroom

FORUM ID: @icanhassims
    ORIGIN ID: icanhassims
    ROOM: Sleek and Clean
    GALLERY COST: 3,149
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://icanhassims.weebly.com/149-hawthorne-project-xii.html
    ENTRY DETAILS: This sleek and clean bathroom is ready to soothe without taking up much space (or money).
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Sure!
    PICTURES:
    05-04-21-2-33-43-pm_orig.png
    Get 25% off with the code: SIMS4FORUMS My Sims 4 Portfolio
  • KitelDesignsKitelDesigns Posts: 147 Member
    edited May 2021
    CHALLENGE #149 Hawthorne Project 12

FORUM ID: KitelDesigns
    ORIGIN ID: Kitel Designs
    SIMS 4 LOT NAME: Comfy Cubby

NEW LOT LINK - https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/0464830FAB8611EB8466E71AC1307F24?category=all&searchtype=hashtag&sortby=newest&time=all&searchquery=Kiteldesigns&max=50&maxis=false

GALLERY COST: 18288
    TOTAL COST: 19788

LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW https://imgur.com/a/tBa3Nu3

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: yes please
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: no cc Gallery Pictures

This Tiny 64 Square home is anything but small. This home boasts a large kitchen and living space. a Upstairs loft provides a bedroom with an amazing view. And it is all yours for a Starter home price!

vs9WkBu.png
    OlJsJwu.png

Post edited by KitelDesigns on
  • DeanXeLDeanXeL Posts: 289 Member
    CHALLENGE #149 Hawthorne Project 12

FORUM ID: DeanXeL
    ORIGIN ID: DeanXeL
    LEVEL: Starting Out
    SIMS 4 LOT NAME: Rindle Rose

NEW LOT LINK - different color wall in the bathroom, but same price.
    LOT COST: 2000
    GALLERY COST: 17799
    TOTAL COST: 19799

LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: yes please
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: no CC

I know Elspeth is alone, but I decided to make a tiny home fit for 2, this way she can make it her home and keep it for as long as she needs it, whether she finds someone special or not. The house is all on one floor, making it spaceous and easy to get around. The shape is fun and provides for a modern feel. I decided to go with black, both for the modern look and the fact that Elspeth does not enjoy white/off-white. I know I got the comment before of not decorating the walls, but because of the shape and the colors used on the furniture, the house gets a 'busy' feel quite fast and if I were Elspeth, I would want to hang up a few of my own created paintings to make the house feel like my own :)

vgOZH5H.png
    Q8PAIxz.png
  • BuildnShareBuildnShare Posts: 4,061 Member
    fcuRqPI.png
    Attention Starting Out Entrants for #148 - Spring Designer Showdown
    Your results are now available here

3gHHX7s.png

GArBA5W.jpg
    @BuildnShare anything regarding the Established 147 Results?
  • AfterMidnightAfterMidnight Posts: 1,020 Member
    Question: Does the bicycle from University/Eco Living count as workout equipment? I believe sims gain the fitness skill when they ride it if I'm remembering correctly.
  • JojoMOMSTERJojoMOMSTER Posts: 1,957 Member
    edited May 2021
    If memory serves @AfterMidnight, I think they were allowed in the last Hawthorne build, but I am not the one who can answer that question. I am interested what @BuildnShare says also.
    Question: Does the bicycle from University/Eco Living count as workout equipment? I believe sims gain the fitness skill when they ride it if I'm remembering correctly.

Yes they are allowed, they raise fitness skill. :)
    image.png

Please be patient. The judges do have lives. :)
    image.png
  • AlJayAlJay Posts: 1,649 Member
    edited May 2021
    CHALLENGE #149 - The Hawthorne Project XII
    FORUM ID: AlJay
    ORIGIN ID: AlJay2000
    LEVEL: Master
    SIMS 4 LOT NAME: Canal Corner
    NEW LOT LINK: A Home For A Runaway
    LOT COST: $750.00
    GALLERY COST: $19,209.00
    TOTAL COST: $19,959.00
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: BnS #149 - The Hawthorne Project
    ENTRY DETAILS: I chose to make Elspeth a 46 tile tiny home in Evergreen Harbor. The home is a modern design using the blue Cosmic Clean bathroom as inspiration. It meets all the Hawthorne Project requirements. Having a pool and soccer ball for fitness, A laptop, vertical garden, chess table, easel and a violin. I also gave her a yoga mat to help her develop her wellness skill.
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: yes, please
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: During my playtest Elspeth met The Bradley Family made by @Pinkusfamily You will see them in my slideshow under the update on Elspeth
    SPACE FOR PICTURES:
    8XCdVXv.png
    eszqocH.png
    Post edited by AlJay on
  • pammiechickpammiechick Posts: 12,262 Member
    Question: I’m building on a $1500 lot and my build is $18,000 on the gallery. But when I place it, the lot price is over $20,000. I notice this happens for other people’s builds too. So their builds are overpriced once you place the lot. How are we supposed to handle this? Is it just the lot price plus gallery price and we don’t have to worry how it changes when you place the lot? I feel like this must be a glitch because it doesn’t make sense to me why this happens.
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
  • masajomasajo Posts: 5,993 Member
    @pammiechick we go by the Gallery cost plus lot cost :)
    uzE2H1V.jpg
    masajo wrote: »
    @pammiechick we go by the Gallery cost plus lot cost :)

Okay, good!

Thank you!! ❤️❤️❤️
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
  • SimsIslandheartSimsIslandheart Posts: 281 Member
    SimTresa wrote: »
    Two questions:

Hmm, this rule is from before the Vintage books stack was turned into a bookcase. I always imagined the bookcase should contain a selection of basic skill books as well as books to read for fun.

Following up on this, I tried a few combos of less-expensive bookshelves (Botanical Bookends, Intellectual Illusion Wall-Mounted Bookshelves, Edgier Laddercase, and Media Marathoner All-on-the-Wall), and all of them had the same "for fun" books, but no skill books. Is there a bookcase that comes with skill books? If not, should I swap some out?

Please be patient. The judges do have lives. :)

I did not mean anything by it, it was just an inquiry.
    edited May 2021
    CHALLENGE #149 - The Hawthorne Project XII
    FORUM ID: pammiechick
    ORIGIN ID:pammiechick
    LEVEL:Established
    SIMS 4 LOT NAME: Bellington Boathouse
    NEW LOT LINK:https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/55479552B6CB11EB804BBF0D07DD8127?category=lots&searchtype=ea_origin_id&sortby=newest&time=all&searchquery=pammiechick&max=50&maxis=false
    GALLERY COST: 18488
    TOTAL COST: 19888
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://imgur.com/gallery/zSnIhEy
    SPACE FOR PICTURES:

N1zlRN9.png

acAD1cu.png

ENTRY DETAILS: What a quaint #tinyhome for a teen to start out in! This ecoliving ecofriendly home has just enough to make anyone comfortable! It has many areas for gardening, easel for painting, ladder for an upstairs view! Murphybed for convenience and a guitar to make her creative juices flow. Included in the room is a stocked bookcase and workstation with computer. Beautiful, cool artwork is by surfchiccreation ! I playtested the lot to make sure everything worked!

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Sure.
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: None.
    TWITTER TAG: pammiechick1
    FACEBOOK PROFILE: Pammie Chick
    TUMBLR LINK: https://pammiechick.tumblr.com/

iTvMKZ8.jpg
    Two questions:

Following up on this, I tried a few combos of less-expensive bookshelves (Botanical Bookends, Intellectual Illusion Wall-Mounted Bookshelves, Edgier Laddercase, and Media Marathoner All-on-the-Wall), and all of them had the same "for fun" books, but no skill books. Is there a bookcase that comes with skill books? If not, should I swap some out?

.Maybe not. You can swap some or just add skill books.
    image.png
  • SimsIslandheartSimsIslandheart Posts: 281 Member

.Maybe not. You can swap some or just add skill books.

Thanks! I'll do that. I have the rest of my build pretty much finished and play-tested. :)
  • AfterMidnightAfterMidnight Posts: 1,020 Member
    FORUM ID: AfterMidnight
    ORIGIN ID: AfterMidnight13
    SIMS 4 LOT NAME: The Shipping Views
    NEW LOT LINK: Elspeth’s Container Home
    LOT COST: 750 (yeah, I was surprised too)
    GALLERY COST: 19,185
    TOTAL COST: 19,935
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: Here
    ENTRY DETAILS: When I think of tiny homes I tend to think of container homes, and since it's a style I thought would suit Elspeth's aesthetic, I decided to build her a tiny container home for this challenge.
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Sure
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: None
    SPACE FOR PICTURES:
    dMiioj7.png
    i8kCPGE.png
    FORUM ID: AfterMidnight
    ORIGIN ID: AfterMidnight13
    SIMS 4 LOT NAME: The Shipping Views
    NEW LOT LINK: Elspeth’s Container Home
    LOT COST: 750 (yeah, I was surprised too)
    GALLERY COST: 19,185
    TOTAL COST: 19,935
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: Here
    ENTRY DETAILS: When I think of tiny homes I tend to think of container homes, and since it's a style I thought would suit Elspeth's aesthetic, I decided to build her a tiny container home for this challenge.
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Sure
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: None
    SPACE FOR PICTURES:
    dMiioj7.png
    i8kCPGE.png

Where are those black upper cabinets from in your kitchen?
  • DeanXeLDeanXeL Posts: 289 Member
    @KitelDesigns they're the cheapest basegame cupboards! I should know, i know them and I only have basegame :)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top