Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

When townies attack

Since getting Get Together I've seen townies randomly fighting each other and my sim. I've seen it happen once, maybe twice, during a night of game play but last night my sim was attacked four times. I only have the base game with Get Together and Jungle Adventure and was playing only one sim in the household which I almost always do. I play with autonomy off otherwise my sims would drive me freakin insane. I've googled this and read the old posts and didn't see any solution to this.

Been in a real loner mood so till last night my sim had done the Rags to Riches thing then been pretty much staying at home cranking out aspirations and skills and using the reward points to lock down his needs and pick up other improvements. Last night I got bored enough to venture out but opted to observe the townies from afar.
  • First time he was attacked my attention was elsewhere when I noticed a confident moodlet pop up that essentially said, "Kicked her butt". Wait, what?! Looked in his relationship list and saw a towny I had not seen before with their relationship midway in the red. Decided to make it final and drove it all the way red.
  • Second time I saw Nancy Landgraab walk up to my sim and attack him. I had read that with enough mean interactions you can make them die from extreme anger and decided to try this on Nancy. Worked at it for a while and had her extremely uncomfortable with an obvious need for a shower but she managed to slip off the edge of the area and disappear.
  • Third time it was an old woman trying to attack my sim. Already had testingcheats on so I reset her then moved my sim away, she stood there for a while then went after my sim again. Being just a few hours till his work time I just sent my sim home.
  • Fourth time a new guy attacked and I used the testingcheats to pull him into my household then edited the household and deleted him. Noticed he had the Evil trait but don't recall the others.

This is equal parts annoying and amusing. If anyone knows how to stop this autonomous fighting I welcome the solution, but I'm also curious about other's experiences with this.
The cake is a lie

Comments

• logionlogion Posts: 4,712 Member
    edited May 2021
    Sims in Windenburg will attack each other randomly. I think it's supposed to be like bar fights or something.
  • Becka28Becka28 Posts: 1,870 Member
    This is something I didn't know. I have owned get together almost since it came out and it was my only EP for a long time and I have never seen an attack. It would make things a lot more interesting and lively if it happened in my games! The only attacks I ever see in game are when i am on patrol in the get to work police career.
  • EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,779 Member
    Oh, that is Windenburg doing, happens mostly at the "old town" , it is hilarious to watch :p (last part was only my own opinion)
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina
    @Becka28 , I usually see those when my sims are at that night club, Narwhal Arms, or what it is called :) Not inside the club, but outside at the square :)

• Becka28Becka28 Posts: 1,870 Member
    @elIupelluellu I will have to watch carefully now. There is always something to learn in this game I find.
  • HopeyStarrHopeyStarr Posts: 1,276 Member
    Yep, this happened occasionally to me when I first got GT. Once it was child sim that attacked my YA. Haven't seen something like that for a long while though, despite playing in Windenburg.
    R5PO75w.gif?1
    *:.。."It's great being ((Queen Bee))!".。.:*
    ★・・・・・・★・・・・・・★・・・・・・★
    ✧ :-"As long as I continue to believe then one day my ((dreams)) really will come true."✧ :-
  • JustMeAlbJustMeAlb Posts: 371 Member
    Last night got attacked a bunch more times, more than four but probably less than ten. The response I settled on was just let them have their poke at me then ignore them, I'm curious how many negative relationships I can collect and what the game's response may be. And yes, one of the attackers was a child. It surprised me that they all immediately tried to chat with my sim after they fought. Yea, no, it takes me a bit longer than that to forgive so I clicked the chat icon to cancel the chat and ignored them. Got attacked more frequently in the old part of town but being I was in that part of town more frequently can't really draw any conclusions there. Have been attacked in the newer part of town.

The one that hurt was Candy Behr, she was one of my favorite premade sims so it was disappointing when she attacked, and then attacked again when I canceled her chat. But revenge was sweet. I managed to be at the newer nightclub when Candy was there and just when she had cleared everyone off the dance floor so she could show off I attacked. I kept at her till her hygiene AND bladder failed right there in front of everyone.
    LNHl73k.png

Can't imagine her ever forgiving me after that, actually I know the game doesn't give them anyway to remember such things but it doesn't feel realistic for my sim to not be a public enemy after that. And true to form while at The Shrieking Llama bar the townies freely chatted with my sim including at least two of them I know had witnessed my altercation with Candy at the club and I'd expect them to be on her side.

Though bothersome that the townies' response to a loner sitting by himself seems to be to make him fight this has been one of the more entertaining game plays I've had in a while
    The cake is a lie
  • SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,644 Member
    Hm, I did not know this, although I love WB and play there a lot. I thought OP was referring to the fighting ECO hood trait first :)
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • JyotaiJyotai Posts: 505 Member
    logion wrote: »
    Sims in Windenburg will attack each other randomly.

This isn't related to the Eco EP vote board then?

I had assumed it was due to that.

Now I'm also curious to watch for it.
    I don't use Discord because it doesn't support multiple accounts and I don't need folks at work wondering what I'm doing even on my own time. Until Discord catches up with every single other voice / video conferencing system, I limit where I use it:
    Jyotai wrote: »
    Sims in Windenburg will attack each other randomly.

This isn't related to the Eco EP vote board then?

I had assumed it was due to that.

Now I'm also curious to watch for it.

OP says that they only have GT and JA :) That NAP would of been my guess too if they would have EL :)

• Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    Hm, I did not know this, although I love WB and play there a lot. I thought OP was referring to the fighting ECO hood trait first :)

I think it only happens in Windenburg in , Old Town at night. I personally find it hilarious because I love the fight animations.
  • JustMeAlbJustMeAlb Posts: 371 Member

I think it only happens in Windenburg in , Old Town at night. I personally find it hilarious because I love the fight animations.

I've experienced it both parts of town, been in Old Town more so of course I've experienced it more there. Guess I should try having him sit in other areas of the world since he's proven to be such a fight magnet.

The fight animation was indeed funny especially at 3x speed and when I had the queue filled with the action, and I'll never forget the expressions of the bystanders.
    The cake is a lie
  • Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    JustMeAlb wrote: »

I've experienced it both parts of town, been in Old Town more so of course I've experienced it more there. Guess I should try having him sit in other areas of the world since he's proven to be such a fight magnet.

The fight animation was indeed funny especially at 3x speed and when I had the queue filled with the action, and I'll never forget the expressions of the bystanders.

Oh yeah, the bystander reactions are indeed priceless.
  • BitterBubblyBitterBubbly Posts: 70 Member
    One of my families lives in a house I built in the Old Town district of Windenburg, and one night, some random townie lady popped up out of nowhere and tackled the family's simMom...and all she was doing was trying to check the mail! Just BAM! Instant Thunderdome! Hahaha!

The whole thing cracked me up because it was so sudden and unexpected, and this particular simMom is like, the sweetest sim EVER and literally everyone loves her, except for that rando townie, evidently. Haha! :P

My sim won the brawl, though, and I was SUPER proud of her when she did! :D

Gotta love Windenburg. It's my fave for sure. :)
  • EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    edited May 2021
    Windenburg has a random NPC role called "Brawler" - They start fights with active sims. It's one of the neighbourhood quirks, like the unique greetings (cheek kissing etc). I think it uses similar code to the fighting sims you see when on patrol as a police office in Detective career, except they attack your sims instead of other sims in the neighbourhood.

IL has unique things too, like neighbours bringing you food or putting out fires. StrangerVille has the infected sims and SIBs (Sims in Black).

I like these details because it adds a little uniqueness to the sims in the world, in addition as to the uniqueness of architecture, terrain and weather.

EL has special roles added to premades which you can add to any sim via cheats (or get added to randoms if that sim dies). Bess's investment scams opportunities, Knox's green crusade etc.
  • elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,518 Member
    I need to play in Windenburg more!
  • GirlFromIpanemaGirlFromIpanema Posts: 843 Member
    edited May 2021
    I need to play in Windenburg more!

Haha I read this thread and had the exact same thought!
  • calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    I've had GT since I began playing TS4 in 2016 and have never witnessed random fighting. Though I remember going through a period where sims would meet on the street and snarl at each other.
  • SimsLady2000SimsLady2000 Posts: 1,236 Member
    If you have the Eco Lifestyle pack, Roughhousing Encouraged might be one of the NAPs that are on. And it sounds to me like you are having a lot of fun with it!
    The Sims is NOT a game, it's a lifestyle choice.

My Plumbob is GREEN today :D
  • PeralPeral Posts: 873 Member
    Sims in Windenburg will attack each other randomly. I think it's supposed to be like bar fights or something.

Thanks for that tip, I ahve only seen it once and Windenburg may be one of my absolute favourite world, that was when a child attacked my hero for no reason at all.
  • HoveraelHoverael Posts: 1,230 Member
    I've seen it happen in the past on Windenberg. Not in the habour quarter, island or out in the countryside but all of it in the old quarter, most of it around the chess boards and the woowho bush near Proprietor Square lot.

These sims just happen to chat to each other and then one or both go at it, sometimes repeatedly after another autonomous conversation roll or two. Another sim comes along and they get involved. Quite a few sims show their dazed emotion after all that.
  • bookwriter81bookwriter81 Posts: 17 Member
    The first rule of Fight Club.
  • OEII1001OEII1001 Posts: 3,682 Member
    edited May 2021
    Is it neighborhood brawl day? That's a holiday that randomly spawns on the calendar. I think it's awesome, but if you don't you can just delete it like you would any other holiday.

EDIT: Never mind, there's the answer:
    EmmaVane wrote: »
    Windenburg has a random NPC role called "Brawler" - They start fights with active sims. It's one of the neighbourhood quirks, like the unique greetings (cheek kissing etc). I think it uses similar code to the fighting sims you see when on patrol as a police office in Detective career, except they attack your sims instead of other sims in the neighbourhood.

IL has unique things too, like neighbours bringing you food or putting out fires. StrangerVille has the infected sims and SIBs (Sims in Black).

I like these details because it adds a little uniqueness to the sims in the world, in addition as to the uniqueness of architecture, terrain and weather.

EL has special roles added to premades which you can add to any sim via cheats (or get added to randoms if that sim dies). Bess's investment scams opportunities, Knox's green crusade etc.

• BitterBubblyBitterBubbly Posts: 70 Member
    > @EmmaVane said:
    > Windenburg has a random NPC role called "Brawler" - They start fights with active sims. It's one of the neighbourhood quirks, like the unique greetings (cheek kissing etc). I think it uses similar code to the fighting sims you see when on patrol as a police office in Detective career, except they attack your sims instead of other sims in the neighbourhood.
    >
    > IL has unique things too, like neighbours bringing you food or putting out fires. StrangerVille has the infected sims and SIBs (Sims in Black).
    >
    > I like these details because it adds a little uniqueness to the sims in the world, in addition as to the uniqueness of architecture, terrain and weather.
    >
    > EL has special roles added to premades which you can add to any sim via cheats (or get added to randoms if that sim dies). Bess's investment scams opportunities, Knox's green crusade etc.

Oh, that's awesome! I knew about the infected sims in StrangerVille, but I've yet to see the SIBs. I built a rental house in StrangerVille and one of the families I originally created for TS2 and recreated for TS4 lives in another house I built there, but I don't actively play that family in my current game.

I've been playing in Windenburg exclusively for the past year or so, and my current story involves three main, multigenerational families who each "own" a district in Windenburg - one family has the entire island, one has Old Town, and one has the countryside. (I emptied the entire town, bulldozed all the premade houses, built a bunch of new houses, and populated Windenburg with these three families.)

My main household lives on the island in Windenburg. I check on my other families from time to time but don't actively play those households, so I had no idea the Windenburg "Brawlers" were a thing! That's hilarious! :D

Also amusing (to me) is the fact that I unknowingly put the "normal" family in Old Town where all the nutty stuff happens (and Gen 1 of the "normal" family lives in a house I built to replace the original Proprietor's Square lot, and that's where the random mailbox brawl happened in my game!) Ha! :D

I'd love to learn more about the different quirks/NPC roles in different neighborhoods/worlds. Is there info online about it? I Googled it but didn't have much luck finding anything. Any suggestions on where I could go to learn more? I kinda want more brawlers! :D
  • calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    I preferred The Crumbling Isle when there was no sims walking around.