Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Lets talk about non-consentual alien abduction pregnancies...

Comments

• talongirl6talongirl6 Posts: 184 Member
    I love the alien abductions and I would be really sad to see them go honestly! This is one of my favorite parts of the game because I love the randomness of it. Sadly, alien abductions don't happen that often anymore, and that also makes me sad. I love it when my male Sims have alien babies! For me, the aliens have at least a little more to them than normal human Sims, so if I do play with children it is usually Alien children. I don't like it when games control what a player can and can't do because of what a select number of people want. It limits the freedom of a game, especially of games that are rated Teen or Mature and therefore should be able to have darker content within them.

I do think that this could be fixed with toggles, but those would need to be balanced so that the addition of them doesn't nerf the game in any way.
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    edited May 2021
    I mean Sims get each other pregnant and cheat all the time even without alien abductions just because how story progression works in the game. Sims get deleted from the game without consent with how culling works in the game. If you really think about it we have few options to play the game because the game lacks tools so much especially for sandbox play. I rather have a toggle instead for things like that and have a lot trait to prevent abductions for those that want it. There is an option in the game to make Sims not get pregnant. Abductions don't guarantee pregnancy like they used to as well.

Sims troll the forums, do push ups, drink, wear horrible outfits, and play their phones without consent too which is why MCCC mod is great for giving options back to the player.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • telemwilltelemwill Posts: 1,752 Member
    I am so sorry you had such an awful experience, and I can see why abductions in game would be triggering if you weren't expecting it.

I do like to thoroughly research packs myself so I know all the possibilities that may happen and how to prevent them. I am fortunate that I am able to use mods like MCCC. I know console players can't.

As I mentioned before, I like to think the abductions are the result of your Sims contacting aliens first and that they have the choice of accepting a pregnancy or not. Not every male Sim abducted is impregnated. So thinking of it as a choice your Sim made while out of your control might help.

I am not at all opposed to in game toggles for occult events. I wish we had this way to put these things under more player control.
  • Sunflowergal227Sunflowergal227 Posts: 305 Member
    edited May 2021
    I'm sorry that the triggering happened for you. it's like me, it's kinda triggering for me when they have the baby at the hospital because i been to a couple invaisive exams and felt really uncomfortable during and afterwards. only to find out that it can be inaccurate. But anyways- instead i chose to have the baby at the hospital but the controler won't come along. However it would be cool to actually get up and decide to have the baby at home instead. more player control would def help with that.
    Favorite EP/SP
    Sims 2 (All EPs/SPs)
    Sims 3 Showtime
    Sims 3 Generations
    My Sims 3 profile page: https://mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/Sunflowergal227
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,913 Member
    edited May 2021
    Leave the aliens alone! Please? ;)>:)

The trouble with people asking the game to be more realistic is that it could trigger some reactions. The more unrealistic and fanciful the game is the better for me. Birthing machines, abductions, huge telescopes, aliens and all, are all part of me engaging in an enjoyable fantasy and it they did trigger a reaction I would give it up, at least for a time.

Bring on the dragons, fairies, genies, warlocks and I'll even put up with werewolves if I like the contents that come with them.
  • WolfiumWolfium Posts: 2,672 Member
    edited May 2021
    It's just pollination technicians planting eggs in scientific way.
  • Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    I have had GTW since November 2015, I have had 3 alien abductions in all that time, 2 males, 1 female and zero pregnancies and I actively court the abduction so frankly speaking they’re all consentual in my game, because I really really really really want it to happen, and since sims are animated pixels without a free will of their own what I want, they want.
  • greydonngreydonn Posts: 717 Member
    OP, if you catch your sim going towards the UFO, but not abducting them yet, I'm pretty sure with testingcheats on you can shift-click them, reset sim, and the action will cancel. Then again you might be able to just cancel the abduction action.
    • Gen 25: Xanthe! >:)
    • She/Her.
  • verlainemverlainem Posts: 837 Member
    Paigeisin5 wrote: »
    MCCC allows the player to turn off alien abductions completely. I haven't checked my settings for a very long time so I can't say with any certainty one can allow abductions but stop the pregnancies from happening. And I agree we don't need the teams to play around with these features if there are mods that allow us to control abductions and pregnancies without totally nerfing the abduction feature for the players that use it. I believe one can also adjust the frequency of abductions with MCCC. I haven't played around with my MCCC settings for a long time but you can read the documentation for each MCCC module that has more info.

Or you can turn them up to invasion and have aliens taking over the sims world as I have done in one save.
    This is a game not real life, if you don't like that feature you can send the baby back to homeworld. Stop nerfing everything because you are "offended"
    Still thinking EA is going to have to have two versions of Sims 5 - baby version for all the snowflakes and a real adult version, for those who like to workout our imaginations.
    EA ID burnished_dragon
  • PeralPeral Posts: 873 Member
    edited May 2021
    Dear Maxis. Give folks a toggle to disable alien abductions. Done.

Indeed, alien abduction, male pregnancy...it’s all as weird as it can get.
    It’s also totally acceptable in The Sims.

So, again, dear Maxis, I say this with all due respect:

!!! DON’T YOU DARE TO NERF THIS FEATURE !!!

Completly agree, I created an awesome team to go to Batuu and join the resistance, but then one of my male Sims got abducted and I had to prospone the adventure, I didn't even send the child back to its homeworld. It is inconvenient that it happened but I am fine with it, like I was fine with Vampire breaking in to the lot before they nerfed that down and to large degree destroyed the pack. It should be apart of the game
  • Noree_DoreeNoree_Doree Posts: 1,470 Member
    I agree with toggles that way the feature can still be there for those who want it. I personally don't have an issue with it as it does add to the quirkiness of the sims and has been in the game sims TS2. I just wish both men and women could be impregnated by abduction hahaha :D
    "Bada su the gorn bada su the brawn bada bady oda aba donk donk donk gerbits gerbits vo gerbits".
  • alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,404 Member
    I wish it would happen way more often in my game.
  • QueenMercyQueenMercy Posts: 1,680 Member
    They should really just put a “no abductions” setting on the front door.
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,122 Member
    If I don't want my Human Males getting into those UFOs, I just use the Satelite Dish. I think those unknown Female Aliens are actually Nymphs. :D
  • DevSims91DevSims91 Posts: 470 Member
    For me we shouldn’t get rid of the feature, but be given the option to toggle it off in this game (People in previous games either mod their game to get rid of alien pregnancies or mod it so females also gets pregnant.)

Heck I could I’d reanimate the Sims 2 version, I mean they are forcibly abducted, they shouldn’t have to be 🐸🐸🐸🐸 and forced to carry a baby. Maybe they wave at the ship after they are dropped off gently... (With the option to have/carry the baby or not)

I don’t like the feature myself, not the alien pregnancy itself but the fact it’s forced... For the sims 5 it should be consensual, but EA removing a feature in Sims 4 could boink the game even more.
  • CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,457 Member
    I believe OP already acknowledged that adding an additional toggle is perhaps the more favorable option.

Nobody should push for complete elimination of this feature because the consequences are even more frightening.
    What do you think is more disturbing:

The removal of alien abductions and male pregnancies in the sims 4 or me taking up knitting so that I can craft an alien baby and pretend I gave birth to it because that feature won’t exist in my game anymore?

That’s right. Both are equally and utterly wrong.
  • LogicallyironicLogicallyironic Posts: 137 Member
    edited May 2021
    (Okay, so I haven't read all of the way through, but I'd like to offer my two cents now and hope it makes sense anyway)

Let's go game-by-game:

In the Sims 1, sims got abducted without any impregnation.

In the Sims 2, sims got abducted when you used a specific type of telescope in a particular range of time. The chance of getting abducted without any aspiration awards is TINY - without "Summon Aliens" used to kickstart your sim's life of alien contact, I've never had it happen outside of scripted events. Furthermore, the sims who can have the Summon Aliens reward, knowledge sims, are the most likely to want to purchase and autonomously use the correct telescope. (Fortune sims I believe want to buy it, but they just want to buy it for the sake of having something expensive). However, an important point with sims 2, is that the sims most likely to have the conditions set up to be abducted (knowledge sims) get a positive memory! of both the abduction and the birth of their alien, implying it was all wanted (it usually is!). For anecdote's sake, I have a knowledge sim who (I wish I was making this up) keeps going out into the middle of the night to stargaze while I'm busy micromanaging his children to get abducted again! It's such a regular occurrence that when he gets spit out into the street the whole family, half of whom are aliens, just gather around and laugh at him. And he is racking up the reward points because those abductions make him so happy~

Can non-knowledge sims be abducted? Yes. Are the circumstances so specific and difficult to achieve for even knowledge sims that it's easy enough to avoid? Yes!

Sims 3 is where my problem lay with alien abduction. It is random, no telescope necessary, and I've had it happen so. many. times. to my hapless male sims that I can't stand it. THIS is where non-consensual alien abduction and impregnation was a problem. I couldn't prevent it, just had to watch in pain as my male sim got slurped up into the sky with my fingers crossed he wasn't experiencing weight gain.

As I understand it, Sims 4 follows the Sims 2 model (...more so than 3, in terms of requirements. I still can't stand the ~anomalies~ replacing the telescope), and so I think that the amount of work and chance involved is enough to require at least the player's consent, unless you have the funkiest luck in the world.

tl:dr - don't nerf them, toggle them!
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    edited May 2021
    To the op I am very sorry for your sad story. But it's just hard to take this totally seriously because aliens have existed since the sims and GTW was around since 2015 and suddenly in 2021 you are triggered?
    Now I don't get that personal with online strangers but we as people nearly all have been through things in life. I have fears, phobias,traumas, triggers like many other people. But that is something personal that I have to work on within myself in ways that works for me, and with understanding people who are close to me.

I don't go out and scream to the world for everything to be nerfed and taken away from millions of people who enjoy something because I felt a little uncomfortable and the world is centered around me.
    And if you truly feel that "uncomfortable" Uninstall the pack, use the provided in game toggle,go take a break from the sims. Create your own safe space.
    I have my own little safe space bubble where I go relax in my special corner and write, read a comforting book that makes me smile and eat ice cream.

Many people want challenges, options, creative freedom and unexpected occurrences in the sims. Not a boring dress up barbie simulator set in happyville and I'm sure you are aware of that as a long time sims player. Everyone is so akwardly serious these days. I just wish we could go back to light hearted days of having fun with everything.

Go talk with a friend, go visit a beautiful park and sit by the river.
    But please please don't try to make issues out of a fun video game and take the enjoyment away from others. Especially in these uncertain times of 2021 when we all need eachother most to lift our spirits and make eachother smile. Instead it's turning into the cancel culture vs the anti-nerf crowd wars.
    No nerfing of features that was advertised to me and I paid my money for.

Once again sorry for your experience. I really do sympathize. *hugs*😔

Quick tip. If you see a ufo coming pause and go to the world map screen. It will be gone upon return🙂
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • RememberJoyRememberJoy Posts: 1,138 Member
    I have a lot trait mod called "alien hot-spot" that increases the chances of alien abduction. It would be great if such a trait could be added to the game so that players could choose whether sims would be abducted or not. I'd honestly like a lot trait for all occults (and celebrities) so we can determine who will show up or not on any certain lot.
  • CelSimsCelSims Posts: 2,270 Member
    QueenMercy wrote: »

What a great idea, I totally forgot about the no trespassing.
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    QueenMercy wrote: »

This is a good idea. But the door settings must work better...
  • HolidayHoliday Posts: 681 Member
    We gonna be getting a stuff pack full of toggles at this rate.
  • halloweenchildhalloweenchild Posts: 1,534 Member
    I have had GTW since November 2015, I have had 3 alien abductions in all that time, 2 males, 1 female and zero pregnancies and I actively court the abduction so frankly speaking they’re all consentual in my game, because I really really really really want it to happen, and since sims are animated pixels without a free will of their own what I want, they want.

All the calls for nerfs and toggles really bothers me, because there have been in-game toggles/methods of avoiding the occult elements from the start of the packs (outside of just not getting the packs in the first place). It just goes to show that people are too lazy to research the product they buy, but instead would rather stand in the fire and complain that it is hot. -_-
    Give our Vampires back their fangs!!! Reverse the Nerf!!! Occult simmers should not be shoved aside for the "realism players"! It's time Occult lovers/players started to demand equal treatment. #JusticeForOccults
    I wish it would happen way more often in my game.

Same, even when I have a sim in the scientist or Astronught careers they rarely get abducted and even if/when they do, they hardly ever come back with an extra passenger. :-/
    Give our Vampires back their fangs!!! Reverse the Nerf!!! Occult simmers should not be shoved aside for the "realism players"! It's time Occult lovers/players started to demand equal treatment. #JusticeForOccults
    Holiday wrote: »
    We gonna be getting a stuff pack full of toggles at this rate.

And even then people will be complaining about the toggles, I can almost guarantee it.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top