Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Elders don't look old

Elders in real life:

older-man.jpg

Elders in The Sims:

CBaXGHw.jpg
wJbomAo.png

Comments

• SkyrryxSkyrryx Posts: 201 Member
    IRL, not all elders are wrinkled like the first one or botoxed like the second... It's different for everyone.
    Thank you @83bienchen for modding the game. Whims Overhaul is essential for my gameplay.
  • Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    Not all elders look like the first picture and I don’t know where the second picture comes from, but it’s not any iteration of The Sims.
  • APottsAPotts Posts: 2,448 Member
    Elders are fine the way they are IMHO.
  • Noree_DoreeNoree_Doree Posts: 1,470 Member
    IMO elders in all games could have looked older than they are :D . There are skin details you can add within the game that add some age marks to the sims. Unless I'm thinking of TS3 :D ... I believe you can add additional aging details in TS4 as well.
    "Bada su the gorn bada su the brawn bada bady oda aba donk donk donk gerbits gerbits vo gerbits".
  • kwanzaabotkwanzaabot Posts: 2,440 Member
    Not all elders look like the first picture and I don’t know where the second picture comes from, but it’s not any iteration of The Sims.

It's a Barbie
    Because Elder Sims look like Barbies
    IMO elders in all games could have looked older than they are :D . There are skin details you can add within the game that add some age marks to the sims. Unless I'm thinking of TS3 :D ... I believe you can add additional aging details in TS4 as well.

You're thinking of TS3
    wJbomAo.png
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    edited May 2021
    I agree with this. Now obviously not ALL elders look this way. My parents had late kids so they are in their 70's and everyone thinks my dad is my sibling lol. It runs in his family. And my doesn't look quite as young but far from from the picture above.
    But contrary to this there are some elders who do look like this and to state otherwise is denying the reality. And there is nothing wrong with people who look either way in real life.

But in terms of the game I tired many times to make elders that look like the first picture you posted with no luck 😐 I wanted to make 90 year old village grandparents in Sulani. And they literally look the same age age as their young adult kids with a different body shape. Disapointing.
    I ended up downloading cc skin.
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • NetzspannungNetzspannung Posts: 2,456 Member

kwanzaabot wrote: »

You're thinking of TS3

TS4 actually has skin details. They can be found under skin details. On the picture below I applied the eye wrinkles and enhanced nasolabial fold to a young adult.

FSZ6f25.jpg

And I don't really get the Barbie reference, because Sims seem to be aging appropriately in my game. Maybe there is something wrong with your default replacement skin? I have removed mine to show the different life stages.

MRvBxem.jpg
    If I just posted an outfit you like, I have good news - there is more where that came from!
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/956513/netz-a-porter-outfits-ready-to-wear-for-your-sims-no-cc-required
    Twitter: NetzspannungTS

we all try ...
  • SimmerGeorgeSimmerGeorge Posts: 2,724 Member
    I think what the OP means is that to him elders don't look old enough with or without the skin details cause wrinkles don't equal old.
    I don't think he doesn't realize his second picture isn't from the sims. It's meant to be an overexaggeration.
    Where's my Sims 5 squad at?
  • d_dreamerd_dreamer Posts: 39 Member
    I am an elder, but I do not look like that first post and he looks like he has been in the sun quite a lot, or a nationality, maybe an Indian or other type, but not all elders age the same, we have different genes from our generation or family....they certainly could add different hair colors, not one matches mine and my hair is neither gray nor white, and yeah, I do not have frown lines, lips not really nice, but my forhead is smooth no wrinkles, so not everyone that is an elderly person ages the same way, some even look so much younger than they really are, What we put inside our body, makes a difference in how we look on the outside. Not all of us are slumped over and have an aching back as they show in the Sims4
  • AyKooChaoAyKooChao Posts: 676 Member
    #ConsistencyForAliensTS4
    I just went to that and that is pretty good #AyKooChao
    Again though, Sims4 or any other, which I have not played only the Sims4 and it is not real life, it is a simulation play
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    d_dreamer wrote: »
    Again though, Sims4 or any other, which I have not played only the Sims4 and it is not real life, it is a simulation play

Thank you.
  • SimmerGeorgeSimmerGeorge Posts: 2,724 Member
    d_dreamer wrote: »

@d_dreamer Yes so? People are still allowed to wish for more realism or less realism. If the OP thinks the elders don't look old enough, then that's okay. Let them.
    Where's my Sims 5 squad at?
  • telemwilltelemwill Posts: 1,752 Member
    Funny, to me the elders look like they are in their eighties. They act very old and can't do strenuous exercise or, um, other activities.

Additional, and optional, skin details for elders would be always welcome though.
  • Bluebeard45Bluebeard45 Posts: 3,889 Member
    The environment plays a big role how you age. Spend your time working and playing outdoors it may take a toll on your skin. Sit behind a computer most of your life and you will age different then the outdoors.
  • MeisKevinMeisKevin Posts: 2 New Member
    The Sims elders look like the avarage elder. I am an elder (but the game does not state actual age, would be interesting if it did) and have no wrinkles. People age differently. But I do walk a bit like they do in the Sims! Elder's faces in the Sims do show avarage face ageing. Few elders look like the OP's actual real-life example! He could be 110 and lived in the sun all his life. But would it not be good if the Sims ages happened naturally? Slowly over time, not sudden jumps? Notified at the various key points such as changing schools, when able to retire with a pension?
    BTW. Once retired, and you decide to take another job, why do you loose your pension? That is not reality.
  • CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,457 Member
    I think elders look grand. They've got options.
    We're just missing an extra life stage:

Ancient.
  • NikkihNikkih Posts: 1,758 Member
    edited May 2021
    I personally think the elders are fine the way they are, they still look old, I'd like their to be a optional walking stick
    > @SimmerGeorge said:
    > @d_dreamer Yes so? People are still allowed to wish for more realism or less realism. If the OP thinks the elders don't look old enough, then that's okay. Let them.

I did not say they couldn't wish for more stuff to make the sims look older, I was just saying it is simulation play is all, never ever would I or am I implying the sims don't need more mods, I think they do, just stating how I feel!
    We each have our opinion and we are entitled to it, so no offense meant to anyone
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,122 Member
    Personally, I think the Elders look like they are 90 years old.