Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I will eat my hat if the upcoming GP actually adds any wishlisted features

kwanzaabotkwanzaabot Posts: 2,440 Member
edited May 2021 in The Sims 4 Game Feedback
Well, I'd need to buy a hat first, mind you!

Maxis does what Maxis wants, and it seems they only produce content players ask for if we're extremely loud about ONE thing. The second we get into one Simmer saying "I want cars" and another says "well I want farming" while a third Simmer says "werewolves please", we get whatever Maxis decides they want to make.

We only got toddlers because the family players couldn't go five minutes without mentioning toddlers (it's me, I'm family players)
We only got bunk beds because the community (by which I mean the Game Changers) was pretty much in agreement.
We only got pets and seasons because we were always going to get pets and seasons.
We only got an update to skintones because the Game Changers were extremely vocal about skintones.
We only got Bonehilda because of Plumbella.

We're not gonna get anything until we can find one thing an extremely loud, extremely persistent section of the playerbase decides to hyper-focus on.

So, let's all get ready to be disappointed!
wJbomAo.png
Post edited by EA_Leeloo on

Comments

• Ray_TraceRay_Trace Posts: 509 Member
    Well, Star Wars is number last on a poll they asked for what Sims players want the most. Maybe if we ask for random, tangential, self-contained things that aren't much requested in the community like more Star Wars content, we'll finally get color hues for CAS and build/buy items in this game? :neutral:

Also, watch this: even if we DO get the GPs we want for, there will be some catch to it that breaks that game, like Eco Lifestyle's NAPs or Bust the Dust's perma-inspired moodlet and OP dust bunnies.
    A1hnP0t.png
  • MondayMonday Posts: 385 Member
    Can we please then get loud about only body hair? That's my request.

Also, buy a hat! Hats are great. The fancier the better.

Also also, if Maxis will make what they want to make because they are too torn between the many requests of freed babies and cars and farming, I'm am good with that, keep it up everyone! I don't want any of those things. (But, if you want those things and you get them, good for you!)

But don't listen to me. Strangerville is one of my favorite packs and I'm legitimately INCREDIBLY sad that they made the Jealousy trait less ridiculous, that probably makes all of my opinions null and void here.
    a63ftuN.png
  • OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 4,973 Member
    I think your digestion is safe. Not to be a cynic, but we might have gotten toddlers when we did because that was when EA intended to give them, but just made it look like they were listening to the outcry they knew would come when they weren't base game.
  • KathMHughesKathMHughes Posts: 439 Member
    Body hair! Body hair!
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,108 Member
    Wings
    Body Hair
    Nails
    Eye Lashes
    New Color Swatches for Outfits
    Baby Skin Tone fixes
    Ground Garden fixes
  • OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    Ray_Trace wrote: »
    Well, Star Wars is number last on a poll they asked for what Sims players want the most.

Star Wars wasn't an EA poll it was an unofficial poll from a news blog which was released a matter of months/weeks before the pack came out (when the pack would've been mostly finished)
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,342 Member
    They will probably add some wishlisted features but I think they are still in the experimental stage. Even if it's something requested by the community I think it will have some experimental flavour to it.
  • SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    After Star Wars happened I'm always prepared for disappointment. :D
  • bixtersbixters Posts: 2,299 Member
    edited May 2021
    I guess the trick is to have super low hopes so I'll never be disappointed :D

If only I were a gamechanger with a huge platform and could just complain on Twitter about what I want. But alas, I'm just a lowly simmer :(

If only the Sims team had a place where people could post their Ideas and Feedback about the Sims, maybe then they'd listen (LOL it's called the Sims Forums).

Personally, I'd like an Attraction System back in the game. Or anything to bring more life to our sims. Also, body hair. Better kids, teens and elders. Cars. I actually have quite a long list.
  • HeyYoDiscoNickHeyYoDiscoNick Posts: 463 Member
    edited May 2021
    Who's wish list is this? Did I miss when we all got together and ratified an official Sims fan wish list?

I see trends and ideas the are popular, sure. But what list is the Sims team meant to work from? It's very rare a company puts something out that they haven't done extensive work to prove people will want it. They're notoriously cowardly about taking risks like that, often to the detriment of real creativity and innovation. You see it especially with movies these days.

Shout your wish lists from the rooftops! Make your voice heard. But this defeatist attitude is based on some unfounded assumptions of how things work. Your feelings are valid, but you're telling yourself a story that makes you feel bad.
  • EA_LeelooEA_Leeloo Posts: 2,019 EA Staff (retired)
    Hey there! FYI: I moved this thread to the Game Feedback section.
  • SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    edited May 2021
    Whose wishlisted features? Yours or mine?

Please do not imagine your views or wishes are "obviously" those of the majority.

I have had several "wishlist" items fulfilled by development, without ever raising a fuss about it. Discover University added an Education career track, and more diverse majors - both of which I really found lacking in prior implementation of higher learning in The Sims. My hopes were met - and University is an important pack for me in general.

Just because you don't appreciate content updates, or features of a Stuff, Game or Expansion Pack, doesn't mean those aren't someone's hoped-for content. Simply evaluate the packs as they are produced, buy the ones you like, and skip the ones you don't.

"But I need EVERY pack!" No, you really don't. Or, if you buy because you are a collector, what difference does it make? You have the item for the collection. You win. If it's content you like, of course that is better - but you are the one deciding whether it's worth it to you.
  • kwanzaabotkwanzaabot Posts: 2,440 Member
    edited May 2021
    Sindocat wrote: »

Please do not imagine your views or wishes are "obviously" those of the majority.

I have had several "wishlist" items fulfilled by development, without ever raising a fuss about it. Discover University added an Education career track, and more diverse majors - both of which I really found lacking in prior implementation of higher learning in The Sims. My hopes were met - and University is an important pack for me in general.

Just because you don't appreciate content updates, or features of a Stuff, Game or Expansion Pack, doesn't mean those aren't someone's hoped-for content. Simply evaluate the packs as they are produced, buy the ones you like, and skip the ones you don't.

"But I need EVERY pack!" No, you really don't. Or, if you buy because you are a collector, what difference does it make? You have the item for the collection. You win. If it's content you like, of course that is better - but you are the one deciding whether it's worth it to you.

The wishlisted features of the community at large.

Maybe you want a house flipper pack. Heck, it's something I've suggested myself, but it's not something that the community at large has been particularly vocal about.

My hat remains uneaten.
    wJbomAo.png
  • SimmerGeorgeSimmerGeorge Posts: 2,724 Member

@Sindocat Nobody is imagining stuff here. Sure there is no official "wishlist" for the sims community but if you go take a look at any Sims channel on Youtube, Twitter account, comments, replies pretty much everywhere where simmers are active you will see a trend of "farming", "bands", "generations" etc.

Just because there hasn't been a scientific study on what Sims players want next doesn't mean one can't just look around and see all the things a big number of people is asking for.
    Where's my Sims 5 squad at?

@Sindocat Nobody is imagining stuff here. Sure there is no official "wishlist" for the sims community but if you go take a look at any Sims channel on Youtube, Twitter account, comments, replies pretty much everywhere where simmers are active you will see a trend of "farming", "bands", "generations" etc.

Just because there hasn't been a scientific study on what Sims players want next doesn't mean one can't just look around and see all the things a big number of people is asking for.

Well said.
    I wanted to say something similar, but I couldn't think of a polite way to say it, lol
    wJbomAo.png
  • rjssimrjssim Posts: 1,335 Member
    TAG!!! Please give us tag like in TS3!
    rjssim wrote: »
    TAG!!! Please give us tag like in TS3!

This isn't an invitation to post your own wishlist.
    wJbomAo.png
  • SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    edited June 2021
    kwanzaabot wrote: »
    Well, I'd need to buy a hat first, mind you!

PCLcxow.png

HDUN3lt.png

Mmmm, hats.... ;)

As we now know, the upcoming pack takes a stab at offering some farming, garden-to-table, gameplay. And that really is something a lot of people have been wanting, in some form or another, for years.

Is it going to please everyone who wanted that? No, but it's something. Okay - so the game pack was Dream Home Decorator... and this is the expansion pack - but within the same Summer release window.

Maxis actually does try to respond to community wishes. There will always be more things some folks want, but own up when they actually make good on long-standing requests.