Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Your Sims 5 make or break features

Comments

• LogicallyironicLogicallyironic Posts: 137 Member
    make:
    - color wheels in CAS
    - Liberated babies that we can dress and bring to different lots.
    - A built-in CC creation tool like Body Shop.
    - A complex attraction system.
    - The wit and charm of the earlier games <3
    - On the actual timeline lorewise! No more "alternate reality" nonsense. (And bring back the original Mrs. Caliente nee Al Mahmoud, no more Katrina please~)
    - Diverse CAS options at launch, such as hijab, kippah, hearing aids, prosthetics
    - Rounded walls.

Break:
    -compulsory multiplayer features. This includes an economy, single-household play, and loss of CC/mod capability.
    - Microtransactions
    - fewer than 6 life stages at launch (absent toddlers will NOT fly again)
    - No neighborhood editing or creation tools, like we got in the Sims 3 and Sims 2.
    - No gameplay/story direction. Think wants/fears, wishes, even whims.

Not quite a break but definitely disappointing
    - no vehicles (personal or public, such as carpools and school buses. this is also true to a closed-world game)
    - - inflexible swatch system in build/buy. I don't mind the loss of create a style IF we get a multi-part swatch system like we had in Sims 2.
    - Social media shoved down our throats :)
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    edited May 2021
    Make:
    - in-depth personality system
    - open world
    - story progression

Break:
    - multiplayer
  • NationalPokedexNationalPokedex Posts: 829 Member
    edited May 2021
    Break:
    • Primarily multiplayer/online gameplay. It's just not how I like to play games.
    • Lack of consequences and in-game systems that offer challenge.
    • Weather, pets, businesses, vacations, and university not being base game. I can't go through this DLC journey again.
  • hymnhehimhymnhehim Posts: 518 Member
    > @NationalPokedex said:
    > Break:
    > * Weather, pets, businesses, vacations, and university not being base game. I can't go through this DLC journey again.

Oh my goodness, yes. Especially weather! That's a normal thing to have in a game, especially since The Sims is a simulation franchise. And, the only game I have with the ability to create pets is The Sims 2, because there are packs that I want to get more than Cats & Dogs, but still want to make pets without spending $40/$20 on sale.
    Hey, I'm Milo (he/him)! I love The Sims 4, and I've been playing it since December of 2020. My Sims bestie and forums bestie is Gonnawin1111, aka V.
  • JyotaiJyotai Posts: 505 Member
    Make:
    Sandbox like - the more I can customize and mod the game the better.

Break:
    Anything to do with multiplayer, online, discord, social media, etc.
    Anything that feels like "software as a service."
    Lack of a diverse range of skin tones at launch.

I don't use Discord because it doesn't support multiple accounts and I don't need folks at work wondering what I'm doing even on my own time. Until Discord catches up with every single other voice / video conferencing system, I limit where I use it:
  • TheSpotted_CTheSpotted_C Posts: 293 Member
    I tried Sims 3 despite misgivings so there's probably nothing they could do that would make me not buy Sims 5, but

Make:
    - Robust genetics.Dominant and recessive hair and eyes, a greater chance of inheriting at least as grandparents' features that didn't show up in the parent, chance of inheriting any skin tone between the parents' tones.
    - Expanded swatches for Build/Buy mode items I really loved the swatch system in Sims 2, where you could choose the color of the bedframe and the color of the mattress, or the color of the countertop and then the cabinet. It made things easier to match. I didn't have to get as "creative" with interior design as I do in Sims 4, and I didn't have to be annoyed by rendering as I did with Sims 3. Also would love to see every item of clothing and in Buy come with 10 standard colors (all the colors of the rainbow, plus black, white, brown/beige and pink).
    - Upgraded Sims 4 CAS
    - Robust family tree I just want to be able to see/hop to all of my generations and relations - no blank tiles, no broken trees. If they could guarantee this, I would throw my money at this game so fast...
    - Return of toddler and kid-specific traits and aspirations like in Sims 4 (and ones for teens, too)
    - Return of Sims 4 or Sims 4-like World Manager and the Age toggles minus culling. I will cull.

Break:
    - Worlds like The Sims 3. I want my sims (including townies, NPCs etc) to be able to go to any world without losing their connections and progress. I felt stuck in worlds that were only one way and never got the full experience of each pack, which I felt was a bit of a waste of money.
    - Unavoidable Story Progression My arch-nemesis. If they do include this, I hope they have a way to turn it off for real this time. I love my Aging toggles but it will make my ears steam if the game pairs 2 sims that I did not want together and makes them marry, have children, or disappear off the face of Simlandia.
    - Unavoidable Conditional Play "If your toddler gains all of their skills, then you can pick their trait." NO. "If you do this Quest, then you unlock the ability to get married/ try for baby." BLEEP NO. Obviously doesn't apply to everything but the only big Sim life decision I'm ok with being random or road-blocked is death.
    - Attraction/Reputation System I want ultimate choice over who my sims marry and procreate with, and I don't want to feel like I'm forcing them into an unwanted union if they're attracted to a sim I have absolutely no interest in pairing them with.
    - Plastic/Putty/Uncanny Valley Sims If I make a sim in CAS, it should look the same when I send them out into the world. Sims 4 sims work for me.
  • BB0990BB0990 Posts: 28 Member
    Make:
    open world sandbox (2/3 style)
    colour wheel and palette for all objects like in 3
    no more fake lots, have them all livable
    larger worlds, getting a world with 1 free lot in 4 annoys me... deeply
    babies / pets shouldnt be objects also more pets we went from all the pets to just two!
    more babies interactions, like taking them out for a walk or to other lots rather than them stuck in a crib
    base game should include things like swimming pools, toddlers etc.... we will never forget!
    seasons should be in base game, pets too if we can only had a cat or dog!!
    lots should be available to rent not just buy. Being a landlord would be fun!!!!
    cars would be nice, they worked in 2 with loading screens!
    bigger lots, can barely fit a garden in!!!
    money should be per sim not whole family or parents share and children have own simolean system (dream idea, there's a CC though)

Break:
    SUBSCRIPTIONS, no!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    cartoon style
    online gameplay only
    scripted play
    no world edit (I loved blank worlds in 2/3)
    no CC/Mods
    forced multiplayer
    having to buy a new pc to run it and it still suck

reading all of my, "make" makes me realise how wrong they go it with 4 and how they still have so much further to go to make it decent!
  • spend4zenspend4zen Posts: 244 Member
    Make:
    Better gameplay experience like TS2/TS3
    More in depth character build like more traits at once, fears, likes, dislikes.
    More rewards in the rewards store, I like the happiness points set up.
    Less "correct" and not geared to 12 years old's. Long time Sim Players are Adults.
    Better emotional content. No more stupid giggling from female Sims.
    Larger Neighborhoods with more buildable lots and available houses to work with.
    A tool to make our own ponds again like TS3, I want a Koi pond in My Yard!
    Interiors that actually go together well, most current furniture is really ugly.
    Fix and expand the Gardening. I hate how the plants die out and never come back.

Break:
    Forced Online Play
    No garden, No Lots
    Geared to kids and boring gameplay.
  • Lady_BalloraLady_Ballora Posts: 783 Member
    edited May 2021
    MAKE:

Open World

Create-a-World

Pets,weather,basements,pools,cemetaries,cars and ghosts in the base game

Multi-purpose community lots like the ones in Sims 1 and 2 so we can create whatever lots we want to

Different age groups being different sizes

The easy-to-use basement tool from Sims 4

Pets that include reptiles,fish,rodents,and birds as well as dogs and cats

Letting us customize any clubs,calendars,apartments and festivals the way WE want to

Sims looking like the Sims 4 Sims(every Sim looked different)

Personalities and traits that actaully WORK.

Base game worlds should be inspired by different countries of the world: Like a USA world that looks like a 1950s suburban town...a small village that looks like a Norwegian village...a city that looks like Athens in Greece,etc.

Universities should be like the Sims 2/3 universities.

Options to toggle things like aging,death,alien abductions,etc.

Home-schooling. Is'nt it about time a Sims game had home-schooling options?

More EPs and less SPs.

Let us put down different-sized lots like we could in Sims 3.

BREAK:

The annoying Sims 3 type rabbit holes.

Every single new world being surrounded by water. Sims 1-3 didn't have every new world surrounded by water,so why are Sims 4 worlds always have to have bodies of water running through them/be surrounded by oceans?

Sims suffering from Sims 3 "Pudding Faces"(EVERY single Sim suffered from blobby noses,fat faces and slightly crooked lips).

Create-a-Style. I have heard quite a few CC creators and players who have complained about how difficult it was just to get CC into Sims 3. I'm hoping Sims 5 doesn't repeat what Sims 3 did.

Teens,YoungAdults,Adults and Elders all being the same size.

People running around in ridiculous animal costumes.

Worlds crammed full of pointless decor buildings.

Being online/having to pay a pointless subscription.

Game packs/annoying and pointless Kits.

Every Sim having to have a cell phone.

Having elders be so frail that they'd drop dead at the drop of a hat. Weren't Elder Sims more sturdy in Sims 2 and Sims 3?

Every single new world or pack having useless bars plunked in oi having bars just to function. Seriously-it gets annoying and it doesn't bring any new gameplay.

Ridiculous story-driven packs. Jungle Adventure wasn't that story-driven, but Strangerville...don't get me started on everything wrong with that story-driven pack.

Sims not staying put where I leave them. If I leave them in the house.I should NOT come back to find them playing chesss in the local park or talking at a library all the way in the next world. Sims should be staying put,just like they did in Sims 1 and 2.

Post edited by Lady_Ballora on
    Why do you hide inside these walls?
  • OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    Biggest make and break for me is tropical/summery worlds, I can't deal with playing a sims game when it's new and we're stuck with suburbia and nothing else. I need options for the game to be fun for me, I waited until Island Living before getting into 4 and I'll probably do the same for 5. 🤷

Also actual grass. I don't want another game with that horrific green blob grass. No. Just no. :#
  • dearie_blossomdearie_blossom Posts: 707 Member
    Make:
    Single, offline
    Open world
    Rich personalities, good AI
    Basic weather and pets in the base game
    Create A World
    Life stages that make sense

Break:
    Always Online
    Multiplayer
    Microtransactions / loot boxes
    Subscripton
    Too PC
    Too T for Toddler-ish
    No mod, cc support
  • EliteGirlEliteGirl Posts: 537 Member
    edited May 2021
    Make
    Single Player
    Offline mode
    Open world (if not, that's okay)
    Realistic life like Sims (it's also okay if not able to do so)
    Multiple life stages with some gradual aging (Like The Sims 4)
    CAW built in (if not, that's okay)
    Cars that you can actually drive in
    Busy and I mean BUSY community lots
    The Sims 4 Create A Sim System (choosing the nose shape and width, eye color and shape, skin color, body type, hairstyle and hair color as well as the sim's relationships, such as siblings, parents, and wife or husband)
    Being able to choose who your sim falls in love with or is friends with, The Sims 4 style.
    The Sims 4 Building Houses Feature
    Being able to create and/or have LGBT sims and an option to change their genders.
    Stick to the Sims 4 alternate timeline

BREAK:
    Coloring Wheel
    Compulsory online gameplay
    The complicated The Sims 2 Relationship System
    Scripted game player
    Restrictive building tools
    Mrs. Crumplebottom
    "The Sims 2" timeline where there's nothing but drama and dysfunctional families.
    Always Online
    Multiplayer
    Microtransactions / loot boxes
    Subscripton
    Annoying and pointless Kits.
    Pay to win anything in the game
    Post edited by EliteGirl on
  • SimsAddict_244SimsAddict_244 Posts: 274 Member
    Subscriptions, always online and micro-transactions would be the biggest break by far. that's what they're doing with mobile Sims games so why would they want to bring it to the PC version. I played plenty of online MMOs in the past but life simulator have never been the main focus so I don't know how they're going to make it work to please every play style. I get that some Simmers want to have the possibility to invite other Simmers into their game, even though I'll never use that feature just like I never used Simport in S3. Never saw the Sims as a competitive game so I hope they're not going in that direction for S5.
  • Jaline33Jaline33 Posts: 1,167 Member
    edited May 2021
    Break
    Online multiplayer with no offline single player option.

That one's a dealbreaker for me. So if that's what it is, no amount of other great features will entice me to play.

Same for me.

Edited to add: Another Break for me would be no colour wheel and/or ways to customize the patterns of our walls, floors, furnishings, and clothing in game like we had in TS-3.

Yes, I know a few players had problems with CAStyle; however, more did not. Also, that was more than a decade ago and with the new engines and so forth, the problems should not only disappear, but CAStyle could be even better and smoother to use.
    Post edited by Jaline33 on
  • ldmarkoldmarko Posts: 5,487 Member
    Make-
    Open, connected worlds
    TS4 style aging options
    Extended family relationships
    Home/destinations worlds toggle
    Playable babies
    Playable pets
    Color wheel

Break-
    Loading screens
    Anything Star Wars
    Gallery ID: LDM2
  • sihTeMelddiRsihTeMelddiR Posts: 8 New Member
    > @Mizzila1297 said:
    > Maker:

> Seasons Included in Base Game

I would accept this if there was an option to turn it off. I personally prefer having worlds like Sulani and Mt. Komorebi to add seasons to the game rather than weather that changes all the time on it's own everywhere. The reason I don't own Seasons now is because of that. It's a nice feature, but I wouldn't want it on all the time.
  • Seera1024Seera1024 Posts: 3,629 Member
    > @Mizzila1297 said:
    > Maker:

> Seasons Included in Base Game

I would accept this if there was an option to turn it off. I personally prefer having worlds like Sulani and Mt. Komorebi to add seasons to the game rather than weather that changes all the time on it's own everywhere. The reason I don't own Seasons now is because of that. It's a nice feature, but I wouldn't want it on all the time.

So what you want is Sims 2 style seasons: each sub-neighborhood could have its own weather.

The base neighborhood could rotate spring, summer, fall, winter (or whatever order you pleased), but Twikki Islands vacation spot could be summer all year round. Without having to change the settings each time you went from one to another.

So you could set Sulani to all summer (or 3 summer and 1 spring) and Mt. Komorebi to all winter (or 3 winter and 1 fall)

My only breaks would be:

1. multiplayer added to the game or any kind of subscription service or lootboxes.

2. Leaving Sims 4 in a buggy state. If they can't spend the time fixing bugs for Sims 4 after the release of the final pack for the game, I have no interest in joining another set of Sims games that will just go down the same route of not so many bugs to more and more bugs that go unfixed and unacknowledged.
  • Calico45Calico45 Posts: 2,038 Member
    edited June 2021
    Pretty well completely agree with the OP except on gender neutral Sims. If it is just having a non-binary option, I do not care at all. Let them have it. If they just removed gender completely, I could see that being pretty awful, though.

Although they will not be base, having fully fleshed out pets like in 3 would probably make the game my favorite of the series.
  • IngeJonesIngeJones Posts: 3,247 Member
    edited June 2021
    I would be put off if the objects were not in proportion to each other or the simmies. It's been turning me off this currrent game since the beginning. And if venues were unrealistically empty, which isn't a problem in TS4 but was in 3. Also if the sims went super unrealistic and had grotesque bobble-heads etc, which hasn't happened yet in the sims but you can find it in other games.
  • ClarionOfJoyClarionOfJoy Posts: 1,945 Member
    IngeJones wrote: »
    I would be put off if the objects were not in proportion to each other or the simmies. It's been turning me off this currrent game since the beginning. And if venues were unrealistically empty, which isn't a problem in TS4 but was in 3. Also if the sims went super unrealistic and had grotesque bobble-heads etc, which hasn't happened yet in the sims but you can find it in other games.

Your computer's CPU determines how many townies and tourists appear in your TS3 world's community lots. When I had my old 2014 computer, I only would an average 12 to 16 in each lot. But now that I have a new computer with a much more powerful CPU, I have tons of townies and tourists in every community lot. So I don't think that is a problem anymore as people upgrade to the newer computers. However, TS3 was still a lot of fun for me back in the day with my old computer!

Here are some pictures of my current world on the latest computer:

Screenshot-61.jpg
    Screenshot-10.jpg
    Screenshot-115.jpg
    Screenshot-51.jpg
    Screenshot-97.jpg

My TS3 worlds now are so lively and I absolutely love it! So if TS5 turns out to be online with more and more lootboxes and microtransactions, people have this wonderful and extremely fun option of TS3! <3

• KurisKuris Posts: 16 Member
    I think to convince me to leave Sims 4, they would need literally only the Sims 3 colour/swatch/material system. This is probably the only thing that would work. I don't care really if the game is online all the time, unless you are never allowed to have your own world
  • Renato10Renato10 Posts: 472 Member
    A solid and optimized offline open world game would be the best way for me to keep my interest in The Sims franchise but I feel like it will not happen. An online game will be literally a killer for me!
  • duhboy2u2duhboy2u2 Posts: 3,290 Member
    Make:
    -All life stages or progressive growth system
    -Cars, motorcycles, bikes, etc...(transportation)
    -Larger number of selectable and selected personality traits (three is not enough to make a unique personality)

Break:
    -MMO style game play
    -Online only game play
    -phone/tablet only game play
    -V/R only game play (I wouldn't be able to play it at all. With my eye condition Virtual Reality causes massive headaches)
    Loving yourself is the most simple and complicated thing you can do for you.
  • Clancy57677Clancy57677 Posts: 10 New Member
    I hear a lot of people talking about TS5 being online. We already have so many online multiplayer games. I like having full control of my sims and doing what I want with no consiquenses or reactions. If TS5 is a multiplayer and I can't kill my sims then it is a hard pass for me.
  • Emerald811Emerald811 Posts: 16 Member
    edited June 2021
    IngeJones wrote: »

Your computer's CPU determines how many townies and tourists appear in your TS3 world's community lots. When I had my old 2014 computer, I only would an average 12 to 16 in each lot. But now that I have a new computer with a much more powerful CPU, I have tons of townies and tourists in every community lot. So I don't think that is a problem anymore as people upgrade to the newer computers. However, TS3 was still a lot of fun for me back in the day with my old computer!

Here are some pictures of my current world on the latest computer:

Screenshot-61.jpg
    Screenshot-10.jpg
    Screenshot-115.jpg
    Screenshot-51.jpg
    Screenshot-97.jpg

My TS3 worlds now are so lively and I absolutely love it! So if TS5 turns out to be online with more and more lootboxes and microtransactions, people have this wonderful and extremely fun option of TS3! <3

I heard you can meddle with the CPU's limits in the files as well, there's a specific file you can change in the Sims 3's thing, I can't remember the name of it exactly, that if you raise the numbers in it, it makes your lots less empty and allows more sims to populate the lots you're on.
    When I did this on my -somewhat weak but still playable- laptop, it made lots and the world as a whole less barren AND it didn't make the worlds any more laggy (Well not anymore than they can be in my laptop). So it's not a Sims 3 thing, it's the computer doing that, but it's easy to fix.

(if someone knows the name of the file I'm referring to feel free to state it to me because I'm not good at memorizing those things!)