Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

One Month One World One Year Personal Challenge (Complete!)

Comments

• SoulGal7SoulGal7 Posts: 3,630 Member
    edited May 2021
    @Karababy52 - May 10 - I noticed Josh's hair right away. I love that hairstyle on him :) And now an explosion in town. That isn't good at all, and no word from him. I laughed when I read that last night. "I am a spellcaster, why am I running?" lol Go get your man there Essa!

@sassytxbrat - May 11 - Jogging is overrated, Skye. lol Mia had quite the day and then collapsed in the kitchen. And the dust bunny gave her a trashplant. That is funny.

@permanentrose - Looks like Chloe and Skeilah are working hard on a cure. I laughed at the outtake shot of Jules (sorry) bent backwards. And there is Roxanne...ambling her way along in Strangerville.

@miss_eulenauge -
    Update 1 - Bridgeview - Nice start to the story of Sarah and Greg. Even though the place is small and in disrepair, at least Sarah has a place to stay. And she earned quite a bit of simoleons on her first gig. Congrats!

Update 2 - Bridgeview - Oh I hate bills! Blech! Even with the off-the-grid living, you get bills. Nice that the neighbors paid a visit. And, yes, Greg should switch jobs if he hates the business career and is getting stressed all the time. And congrats on the birth of twins! Sophia and Mark :) And now sweet that even though Greg doesn't really want to deal with Sarah's pregnancy, he is smiling and feeding the twins. Ahhh...that is sweet.

Update 3 - Bridgeview - Poor Sarah has to get up with the twins at night while Greg snores! lol But, yes, I see they went to a rather fancy place for a date. I think that is nice. Maybe things are going to be okay between Sarah and Greg,
    Wow! So much for getting along! Sarah certainly told Greg a piece of her mind. She was probably exhausted and needed some help with the babies, but Greg was oblivious to this fact, so she had to "enlighten" him on it. I like that you showed us Greg's point of view as well.

Update 4 - Bridgeview - And they have aged-up to toddlers. And now the real chaos begins. Great idea to invest some simoleons towards a future job for Greg. I think he will be happier as well. I love when two toddlers hug, it is so cute!

Update 5 - Bridgeview - Toddlers running rampant around the house and making messes. Oh yes! Fun, fun, fun with toddlers. So glad that Greg fixed all those broken appliances, and was...um...rewarded for it! lol But...I have this feeling...they might have done something and maybe there will be another baby soon.

Update 6 - Bridgeview - And I knew it! Another nooboo on the way. And both Greg and Sarah have their hands full now looking after toddlers. And the epic fail in the garden lol For both of them. They needed to have some time to themselves, obviously.

Update 6 - Bridgeview - Oh yes, Sarah is getting large again. And a great way to fix the monster under the bed is to put the kids in a double bed when they are older. Reading them a story at bedtime also helps. And Greg is now a freelancer, too. I do hate when the client keeps telling you that the portrait you drew wasn't good enough. Ugh! Sometimes, instead of editing I just start over, but I get inspired first before I do - like cloudgaze beforehand. You can also get a penpal on-line and request a postcard. When you enable it, it will inspire you. If they can afford a lump of clay, that works, too. Greg will need to be focused, and I find an element cube works very well for that. He should go collecting in his world and he might find one. Just some suggestions.

Great chapters so far. When will our challenger come in? Is she born next?
    Post edited by SoulGal7 on
  • HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    May 11
    bz8kchX.png
    Rubanoid was asked to handle the weird vegetation in the lab. No human sim wanted to touch it directly or even indirectly if they could help it. Once it was out of the bag the possible seed pods or maybe fruit seemed in perfect condition. It even glowed slightly.
    Either way they left the grunt work to Rubanoid, and he was mostly giving directions from afar. It was felt he could be decontaminated easily.
    0qg67eF.png
    After some preliminary laboratory testing done by Rubanoid he was then asked to deliver more of the fruit to another testing area.
    fQGfroK.png

When he arrived there he met up with Doctor Newlow who had taken Rubanoids findings and was able to chart the projected growth of the plant.
    hJ1UYh0.png
    "Ahh.. we thank you for all you've done.. I'm not so sure we could have worked so fast without you.." Newlow smirked. Rubanoid detected something in his voice he didn't understand. It almost sounded like he didn't mean what he said. Humans were too complicated!

"We want you to come to the next phase, Rubanoid was it? You can carry the fruit for us like a good droid" Newlow had a constant grin on his face it seemed. "Human testing is next, we have some prisoners that are willing to .. uh.. help us out. For a little time off for good behavior you understand. That and the promise for a conjugal visit." He winked and then chuckled outright.
    Rubanoid understood he didn't like this man, not one bit.
    After he had placed the fruit in the room some prisoners were led in. Rubanoid along with another scientist, a doctor and that hateful, smirking Newlow watched them through a one way mirror.
    J3FJaOs.png
    "Hehe, like lambs to slaughter..." Newlow said under his breath but Rubanoid's hearing picked it up.
    hvVoNDr.png
    Rubanoid focused in and he was suddenly very concerned for Roxanne for some reason. He recalled the strange people that had showed up the day they moved into the house. They moved the same way.
    L663ooc.png
    "It's not like we weren't expecting this... fascinating! We should probably have more test subjects, different ages maybe?" said Dr. Beaker, a scientist who Rubanoid sometimes worked with. He was one of the top scientists at the lab. His breathing was erratic.
    u7TmVKn.png
    Dr. Newlow grinned again, "Wonderful idea Loki! I'm sure we need much more testing! Just to get all the variables down of course." His face beamed and he winked at Rubanoid again. Rubanoid was missing something, he knew it. Of course more testing was probably needed, but what was... Rubanoid had gotten off track again and started to focus on shifting through the days events rather than trying to understand human behavior.
    He continued to compile the information as the people in the lab setting talked, feeling very strongly that he should get more information to Roxanne directly. He knew if he did he would be breaking protocol but Roxanne was in the field and could be in contact with this vegetation at any time. He just hoped she'd understand why he sent it to her, he hoped she wouldn't be upset with him for breaking the rules.
    He finished quickly and sent the information of the day directly to her cell.

I had fun with this post. I used sims from another save I play pretty often. If you are an old simmer Loki Beaker, Circe Beaker (not named but has short red hair), Doctor Dominic Newlow and even the first sim pictured but not named Lazlo Curious are canon. They probably won't be in the story again other than in the background maybe but both Newlow and Loki Beaker are evil sims. So I think they would just delight in sim testing. I don't of course...it's not like I have a whole save about it or anything! I promise!
    Also nothing to really read into this post other than Rubanoid trying to figure out humans still and of course being protective on Roxanne.

egTcBMc.png
  • miss_eulenaugemiss_eulenauge Posts: 250 Member
    edited May 2021
    @SoulGal7
    Update 2: He was generated with the business career via story mode, and then I gave him a bunch of negative Parenthood traits, eg "Irresponsible". I think that makes him hate every traditional job (+2 tense), but I thought it was very in-character for him to hate going into the office, and I decided to make use of his "Geek" trait and have him go into freelance programming instead.
    Update 3: I don't have restaurants, so it was all just decoration. In reality, they each ate a free bowl of chips at the bar and that was it. I later subtracted 100$ because I was feeling guilty they didn't pay anything for that date.
    Update 4: I think I wrote that somewhere but that "programming course" was just made up. I had them pay 500$ and then sent him to a rabbithole 8-5 and cheated him skills every evening. Seemed logical and I wanted them to have financial problems, they were too well off for my taste :D And I wanted him out of the house to gain these skills.
    Update 5: Yep, something... happened. I was planning on kiddo No.3 to be concieved on bill day after a Power cut (in Update 7 or even 8), but then they had the option to "apologize in bed" and I was curious what it would do. I knew that I have risky woohoo at perhaps 20 or 30% so there's that. And then I foreshadowed it in the post because I immediately knew as soon as Sarah got the option to throw up, so I didn't want readers to be surprised. I hope No. 3 won't come too early for my planning... Well, should it be neccesary, I can just tweak his teen birthday a bit. Right? :#
    Update 6: It wasn't even the monster, he was sad because of low fun. I was already wondering why the monster didn't show up yet, perhaps I turned it off in MCC for another challenge I tried weeks ago? :D Need to go look that up!
    I think her being inspired did the trick, mostly she worked on it with fun and/or energy in the red. Thank you for the suggestions, I will do that! They may be getting an upstairs Computer on the stair landing, so I could make a focused office downstairs and an inspired office upstairs... Do they even have a lump of clay already?
    The kiddo Sarah currently is pregnant with is No. 3. Sophia and Mark should be teens when the Challenge Sim is a toddler, and No.3 should be a child by then and for most of the time. Hopefully. No. 3 was concieved early, so I may have to stretch that...
    I am planning on having No. 4 towards the end of the month, and No. 5 will be the Challenge Sim. (At this point I have planned enough to be determined to cheat away twins, and to cheat No. 5 as a girl. The first set of twins was from the game.) I'm still debating whether No. 5 will get a twin too, probably a fussy one, to make for a story where she is mostly left to her own devices and overshadowed by her needy twin (and No. 4 who should be a toddler for most of the Challenge Sim's toddlerhood).
    No 5. will have her toddler birthday on the 1st of June, when the challenge begins unofficially and I get a playable Challenge sim. So she will be born 2 days earlier, and be concieved 3 days before her birthday around the 27th of May. Which is the latest possible birth date for No. 4 - good to know! (And should I miscalculate a bit - I always have MCC to lengthen or shorten things by a few hours or a day...)
    Post edited by miss_eulenauge on
    | Amelia Britton - A Lifetime of Sims || Louise Aldrich - A Year-Long Challenge |
    time zone: Berlin, Germany - EA Gallery ID: Noctuara
  • EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,914 Member
    @Hermitgirl , GREAT Lazlo, Circe and Loki!! Did you made them yourself or downloaded??
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina
  • Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    @permanentrose
    Nah, Frank's not cheating. :) Essa doesn't know that though. The uniform looks great on him, but he'd rather wear his flight jacket and have long hair again, more his style. :) Actually, it was a starter seed packet, I made up the lawn sprinkler part. :D

You're doing great with it! Just have fun, that's all that matters. Yes, she answered my question. Josh has the Spellcaster aspiration at the moment, I'll switch it to SV.

Here's a trick I found that helps make landscape screenshots clearer. I discovered pointing the camera down, makes them clearer, the more you point it up, the blurrier it gets. Hope that helps. :) I like that church, nice it has a SV chemical analyzer in the basement! Nice discovery about the scanner affecting previously possessed Sims. I had no idea! Poor Jules! :D

Good 'ol photoshop! I downloaded some smoke & explosion brushes and edited that into the screenshot. Perhaps, if she can't find him and he continues to be missing. We'll see... ;) Thanks about the daily pic, I just happened to see that van and thought it would make a cool placeholder screenshot. :)

@Hermitgirl
    So funny what Roxanne heard Rubanoid say considering the circumstances. :D

I don't blame Rubanoid for not liking that guy, he's treating him like he's just a robot/droid without any feelings. Glad Rubanoid is reporting everything that happened to Roxanne. I'm sure she'll find it very interesting. I remember those brothers from TS2, definitely. I never played with them, but I knew they were there.

@SoulGal7
    Sakura is such a good girlfriend, so loyal. Aww, I'm so glad Wolfgang explained what happened, it's all good. Very cool she had something special planned too. Congrats to both for their 1st semester A+ GPAs! HAHA! Are you sure that's not Rubanoid instead? ;) Love the last screenshot. Be still my hopeful romantic heart!

I love that hairstyle! His hair will continue to grow, but I like it for now. Nope, it's not good and I couldn't help having her say that, a little levity during a serious situation never hurts. ;)

@Skeilah
    I like Erwin's trailer, it's so cute and cozy! Wow, so the alien Dr. is actually a 'good' alien, that's cool! Yay! He's trying to rescue Naoki! I hope they successfully get out of there. o.O

Nope, he has the Spellcaster aspiration. I'll switch it for SV. Thank you! :)

@miss_eulenauge
    Good 'ol photoshop! I downloaded some smoke & explosion brushes and edited that into the screenshot. Hopefully Essa finds him unharmed! o.O

Oh cool! Yes, it does make me smile. :)So this next baby will be the challenge Sim? Nevermind, just saw baby number five will be the challenge Sim.

Wow, you have a lot on your plate right now, just as most others do. Good luck with everything!

Sheesh, 5 times? Picky client! The kids are so cute, love when they dance! Love this line, "Fridge, give food! Now! Or I tell Mommy..." I have a similar potty pic, only it's Don Lothario and his toddler daughter. :D Bummer the game foiled your plans for baby #3.
  • HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    edited May 2021
    @miss_eulenauge
    8- Good idea for Greg to try to do something he likes. He's miserable enough usually. The toddlers look adorable!
    9- I don't blame you for not wanting to keep them dysfunctional that would be really hard to play every day. It's nice to see them working together. If you need some drama Greg can have a mood swing lol. Nice post with the family.
    10- (update 6) She's preggers! Aww it's good that they talked it through. Lol, your gameplay also tires me out... not as much as IllusaryThralls but close hehe.

@Karababy52
    8- Good to see Frank is getting his groove on with his babe and Josh is going at it with learning. I sense a lot of needs potions being chugged. Josh needs to keep up his strength!
    9- Grats on Josh's promotion and whooo to 2 more growing back if you burn them! Nice.
    10- Gotta go save your man Tessa! Well if he needs it anyway!
    Short Circuit, I know I watched it way back when it came out and I can even see the robot in my head lol. Now I gotta look it up to rewatch. As for the Preachers motive yeah you'll see but I have to say it's a pretty common motive or motives as far as bad guys go. Not going to claim to be original here lol.
    - Strangetown was my favorite in Sims 2, and yeah even though he didn't actually talk I figure that's what the thing he could get in trouble for was.

@IllusoryThrall
    8- Oh heck that family is too big I get exhausted watching it, hehe. This was the day of the fight in the store. Just poor Jaz.. poor all of them!
    9- Lol just what they need the power to go off. Awww about trying to get an A to get noticed. Too many kids for that!
    10- Aww a ray of light in Colin... I had a thought that I hoped it wasn't a joke on her too at first... and Benji's fight while filthy was funny ;).

@Skeilah
    10- Plugging along on that aspiration. I always send my sims to the lab area to collect the spores too.
    11- The trailer is a perfect spot for Erwin.
    The mother has Naoki.. of course but it's gotta be hard to see him possessed. The mother really is scary with the sounds and all so while reading I can hear it. The idea of the babies basically incubating inside her is scary. Now you gotta cure Naoki!

@permanentrose
    9-Ahhhh Max is an alium! Yahh! Nice backstory too for Jacques wife's disappearence also. Yeah never would expected a kid to be the leader but it does come together. Now we need that group of hero's to save the world!
    10- Hilarious main picture! Never tried a ray gun on kids now I gotta do it! Nice sense of action with the running in the breakout scene. And Pickles! totally pickles.
    11- I like you getting all these sims involved in the vaccine, in everything. Your church is the same type I'm going to have in my story it really fits that type of world to me. Lol Jules still won the fight possessed .. of course. That's also a good look for Roxanne!

@LegacySims2017
    9- Good story as to why Duane is living with his family. Eventually we'll get Jackson's!
    10- Now you make me want coconut.. that vending machine was an important find since you can't just pick them there!
    11- The drizzly day doesn't sound bad at all ;).

@SoulGal7
    May 7 I didn't know that roomates could lock themselves out! Hehe Wolfgang the chick magnet. He only has eyes for one!
    May 8 Sakura sucker punched with jealousy. Awww. Yeah someone needs to come out with it already!
    May 9 Sweet update with them figuring out what happened that night.. if not coming clean about other feelings! I would have freaked the heck out if my game glitched around finals, that post brought back the stress!

@Ellupelluellu
    May 10 - Aww nice kiss. Even nicer when you catch it autonomously. Yahhh come on Malcolm you can win!
    OMG no way you don't save enough! Oh man bleh I'd hate to do a semester over.
    -I made those sims because they are just patterned loosely off what you can see in the Sims 2.. read all their personality stuff ect and relationships. I have a Sims 2 save mostly focused on Strangetown which of course in my game is Strangerville. There are more to come .. even if he wasn't alive in the Sims 2 game. I think some were in Sims 3 but I didn't play it so I don't really take it into account unless it fills a character hole for me.

@sassytxbrat
    9- The lighting is much better in their new place. Really nice pictures. I love the dance numbers. All my sims have been studying acting in down time and sometimes to amuse myself they do scenes or dance. Love it.
    10- Ohhh Monster under the bed! I try to push playful with those little collectible dolls. Gotta work at it now for sure.
    11- Love it when the kids clean up! I've never made friends with the monster under the bed (don't play enough kids) that's great!
    @lilypadmeulin I hope your shoulder is better soon. Can't type well like that.
    egTcBMc.png
  • IllusoryThrallIllusoryThrall Posts: 1,335 Member
    Day Eleven
    05-11-21_5-50-03-pm.jpg
    The Twins were on the warpath. They were the first of the family to wake for the day, and were hungry – so some poor soul was about to get a rude awakening.
    05-11-21_5-54-13-pm.jpg
    Turns out it was Dad. Who was NOT happy with it. But for once, he went with it and got the twins fed, the kids up and off to school, and then went to wash one of the twins. (Braydon) The bath was far from successful, but since he did it of his own accord, we’ll have to forgive him.
    05-11-21_5-55-57-pm.jpg
    By the time Marnie woke up, even the trash had been taken out. So she had time to play with Brett. At least for a short while.
    05-11-21_9-16-31-pm.jpg
    Once Marnie got back to taking care of the house, Brett decided he hadn’t had enough fun, and with Braydon’s help, they pretty much trashed the living room.
    05-11-21_9-21-02-pm.jpg
    Marnie, on the other hand, was obliviously restocking the fridge for the stampede of kids after school. She was not happy when she found the twins.
    05-11-21_9-23-42-pm.jpg
    After school, Benji got a call from the principal of the high school. “Son, you’re nearly failing. If you don’t do something, you won’t graduate. I’m going to have to call your parents and let them know.”

Incensed, Benji stomped upstairs and decided to watch the new TV premiere instead of dealing with what the man had said.
    05-11-21_9-29-32-pm.jpg
    By this time, the skies had really opened up, so playing outside was completely out of the picture. (And I managed to pause at the EXACT right time.)

Then, the phone rang. To Jazmyn’s shock, it was for her. Colin was saying he’d had a rotten day and wanted to come over to hang out for a while.
    05-11-21_9-30-07-pm.jpg
    She agreed, and even more surprising – his greeting was a hug. Dismally, he recounted his day. His mom and dad had announced they were getting divorced. Poor Colin didn’t know what to feel, but right now he was just mad.
    05-11-21_9-33-11-pm.jpg
    Jaz and he made some small talk after that big announcement, and Jaz racked her brain trying to come up with something to say to console her new friend. Finally, she gave up. Maybe just chatting would help Colin.
    05-11-21_9-34-38-pm.jpg
    When it didn’t seem to be helping much, Jaz tried her best to calm Colin down. It worked… mostly. Then he was just sad, and seemed to be fighting tears. Jazmyn, quite frankly, didn’t know how to handle it, so she tried joking around with him.
    05-11-21_9-38-57-pm.jpg
    … Which went about as well as you can imagine. Embarrassed, Jaz sheepishly apologized. Colin accepted the apology, then his phone rang. His parents demanded he get home because it was getting late. Jazmyn said goodbye, then went to take a cold shower. (Since she was the last one to the shower for the evening..)
    05-11-21_9-36-18-pm.jpg
    While she was showering, the phone rang again. Marnie answered, and as she chatted, her face showed more and more anger. Apparently the storm wasn’t just outside.
    05-11-21_9-37-57-pm.jpg
    Marnie interrupted Myles actually talking to his older brother for a change, and poor Benji got a huge piece of Marnie’s mind. So much for watching the premiere. She drug him to the table and demanded that he do his homework. She didn’t care whether he did it well, just that he actually did it, because she swore she wanted nothing more to do with him after this year, so he “Had better graduate!” (OR ELSE). Luckily, Bennie had actually gone to his work gig for the evening, so he missed this entire tirade, and Marnie’s mind was on other things by the time Bennie came home, so she completely forgot to tell him.

Bennie, on the other hand, came home sporting a nasty temper, and a promotion. He kicked the kids off the TV, yelled until they were all in bed.. and pulled the bed down so he could get some sleep. He, of course, had to bait a few mouse traps before he could do that, but at least the kids were all taken care of.
    Bonus Out-take:
    THIS is what I often see after school. This family is NUTS.. and taking care of them with just the one bathroom is almost akin to torture. Sigh. What I’ll do for a story, I tell you. Jaz.. you better appreciate this! :smiley:
    05-11-21_9-23-42-pm1.jpg
    @Hermitgirl
    I didn't have the heart to make it a joke, not with Colin's expressions when she is around. He seems to genuinely dig her. And yes, it is quite a handful to play. I'm glad I only play one day per day!!

@sassytxbrat
    Oh, no. I can't believe it took you three monster "attacks" to put in a nightlight. Mia's day was terrible, I feel for her. I felt sorta the same way after having to be up at the crack of sunrise today to go to a dr. appointment. I felt groggy the whole rest of the day, too!

@miss_eulenauge
    Teenage drama, indeed. As for the pet idea, right now the family is full. Although, with Benji in his senior year, next month he'll be probably moving out, so .. maybe? I don't know if Jaz's parents would actually let the kids get a pet, though. It would definitely take some thought on my part.

@LegacySims2017
    Monsoons are no joke. Also: lightning CAN strike a tent, so be aware. However, one lightning strike won't kill a sim, just the second one while dazed. So if he does get hit, just have him go to a venue in town somewhere. Perhaps the bar in Sulani?

@Skeilah
    Oh, I'm so glad he found Naoki! And I sincerely hope they got out of there without being caught....? Also: I adore the way you decorated the trailer. It looks so cozy!!

@permanentrose
    I LOVED the out takes. Sometimes that's the best part of playing, but it can also be the most frustrating part. Sometimes sims just don't do what you want them to. I can't tell you how often I end up yelling "Just put the toddler DOWN!!" at my screen. My hubby laughs at me every time. LOL.

@Karababy52
    your screenshots are always utterly amazing. truly. And 1 mil simoleons?! WOW! I still don't think I've ever legitimately gotten that achievement. I mean, I've gotten it by cheating, but actually doing it? I don't think I have. But then, I've never tried rags to riches, either. So this save might well change that. But, anyway, congrats! Also: I very much enjoy your story. I like watching them grow as spellcasters. ... And.. nice cliff-hanger. :anguished: I can't wait to see tonight's (hopefully) answer to what happened to Josh! :worried:

@Ellupelluellu I truly hope your arm heals quickly. My son was in a car accident and dislocated his shoulder rather severely in November, and is still recovering. So I hope your injury is much less severe. Take care of yourself, don't type too much, and enjoy your break. We'll be here when you feel better!! :heart:
    edited May 2021
    May - Day 11: "Car 54, where are you?"

McEE4QN.png

Notes
    b4B4zMN.png
    (Why did I come here first? I should've went to the base or in town. There's nobody here. They must've cleaned up and left.)

7sDEajN.png
    (Where are you Josh? Why haven't you called me? What am I going to do?)

BxqFVjA.png
    (Stop! Just stop whining and go look around. Maybe he had orders from someone higher up to come here for whatever reason and his Staff wouldn't know. He could be trapped in there.)

2mo3QkA.png
    Essa tried every door, but of course the place was locked up tighter than a drum. But hey, she was a Spellcaster, a little thing like a door lock wasn't going to stop her!

peukpBi.png
    (Alright, I'm in!)
    Essa looked around at the chaotic Lab. It looked like everyone had left in a panic. Chairs were tipped over, papers strewn everywhere, boxes of documents and photographs sitting on the floor and tables, etc. All kinds of information on what was going on here. Should she snoop and see what she could find?
    (I'm already here, why not?)

Essa searched the information lying around, pocketed a few interesting items and then walked into a central room.

AI8mEyT.png
    This room had a large steel door with streaming hazard warnings flashing above it in red neon letters. It read, "Keep out! Authorized Personnel Only! No one beyond this point without a Hazmat suit!" And similar messages.

CxFBfhG.png
    She noticed there was a key card scanner next to the door to gain access to what lay beyond. Of course she didn't have a key card. Essa had reached a dead end. If Josh was trapped somewhere beyond that door, she couldn't help him without finding a key card. Or, wait...maybe she could!

She tried using a transportalate spell to get beyond the door, but it didn't work. Maybe after the door was open and she knew what was beyond it, she could use her powers. They were the most effective for transportalation when she knew where she was going to land.

Essa left the Lab and went into town. Perhaps someone there could tell her what had happened and help her find Josh. She tried the 8 Bells Bar first.

SQWESaR.png
    The same soldier she had talked to before was there again watching television. She asked her if she knew what happened and could help her locate Josh. The woman again said she didn't know anything other than a military truck had blew up. She also didn't know anyone named Lieutenant Hunter.

rKdzgq6.png
    She went back to watching the television, but looked nervous for some reason.

4zovI91.png
    (She knows something, I just know it! I don't believe her story about a truck blowing up. That smoke plume looked too big to be just a truck fire.)

Essa asked a few others if they could help her, but they all had the same story and supposedly didn't know Josh. Essa left the bar and went across the street to talk to Erwin. He had been friendly and open before and told her to come back if she ever had any more questions or needed anything. Maybe he could help her.

417prUn.png
    She asked Erwin what he knew about the explosion and tried to describe Josh. Maybe he had seen him?

5IgIEC4.png
    Erwin gave her the same story about a truck blowing up, at least that's what he'd been told by a soldier.

xYzQOeU.png
    He hadn't seen anyone that looked like Josh either. But he'd only been working in the booth for an hour, well after the explosion had happened.

wgUbBRy.png
    Hours had passed by now and she wasn't any farther ahead in finding Josh than when she'd left the house. She'd searched as much as she could at the Lab and no one would talk to her or help find Josh. Essa's resolve to be strong finally broke. She started to sob without restraint. Erwin watched her in sad silence.

k4ojJWv.png
    "What am I supposed to do Erwin? I can't find him, nobody knows where he is, they won't help me look and they won't talk to me."

8a7f1MG.png
    "Is there anything at all you can do to help me? You said you had some things I could buy before? Please? I'm desperate. Josh could be hurt or maybe even dying. I need to find him!"

OObVzq7.png
    Erwin looked at the distraught woman in front of him. She was breaking his heart. He just had to help her. There wasn't much he could do, but there was one thing he had that might help.

POSmtGv.png
    "Alright, I do have some bugs that might be helpful. Try planting them on some people. Soldiers and Scientists would probably be your best bet. Do you have some way to use them?"
    She told him her fiancé had a listening device he was given by the military.
    "I shouldn't do this, but I want to help, so here, take them. No charge."
    Essa pocketed the handful of bugs and reached over the counter to give Erwin a hug and a kiss on the cheek, thanking him repeatedly before she ran back to the bar.

ScCKUoW.png
    Using the ruse she just wanted to thank her for talking to her, Essa gave the soldier she'd talked to before a hug and planted the bug on her back.

JNj83S3.png
    She also saw the Scientist from the information center and did the same with him, thanking him for talking to her. She did this once more and then left the bar. Essa went around to the side of the bar, so no one would see her and transportalated home to use the listening device. She hoped someone would let something slip that would help find Josh.

Extras
    4BPtnnv.png
    For those who may have wondered, yes, I was curious and I DID try to have Essa transportalate beyond the locked steel door. It worked! Sort of. She did appear beyond the door, I could see the magic lights where she landed. But she was invisible. I heard her start coughing and she started to walk somewhere as I tracked her.

34PoTFf.png
    She walked over to where all Sims go after walking through the blue mist filled with pink spores and collapsed. She was acting as if the mist was there, but it wasn't.

MsaCw7r.png
    After a moment, she woke up as expected and was possessed. Opps! o.O I think the key card opening the door triggers the visibility of the mist and spores, but they are still there! I'm wondering now if she had worn a hazmat suit how far she could go. Of course none of this counts for the aspiration, so she won't try again until the door is opened with a keycard. I had to try it just once for fun though! :D
    Post edited by Karababy52 on
    edited May 2021
    @LegacySims2017 ,
    Haha yes that was hilarious, as I didn't pay any attention to Malcolm at the time, I was only making Melody to do potions for her aspiration :D And then he left to his class wearing that :p
    -- Well, Jackson seem to not to mind the monsoon :)

@Karababy52 ,
    Hih, I was sure you liked the kiss pic :D And no, I did not give that dog to Judith :) MCCC again, so Judith adopted the dog :)
    -- What is that smoke?? I've never seen it! I hope Josh is okay!!!????!!!!????!!!??? (one more: !!!???) (ETA: I got the answer to that first one from your post above :D )

@IllusoryThrall ,
    I think you confused me and @lilypadmeulin :) (Hand :) )
    -- Great that Jaz and Colin are getting closer :)

@SoulGal7 ,
    --Awww!!! I so ship Sakura and Malcolm <3<3<3

NOOO not Malcom, LOL, WOLFIE!!!!!

@permanentrose ,
    --LOOOOL!! best pic ever when posessed Jules won the fight! Hilarious :D:joy:
    @Skeilah ,
    -- Aww so sweet that Bryon found Naoki <3

@miss_eulenauge ,
    -- Lovely toddler pics <3

@sassytxbrat ,
    -- Oh.. dust bunny brought trash plant to poor Mia??

@Hermitgirl ,
    as a TS2 player I have to say GREAT job! Uploading them???

Melody Connors... and that dude.

1st of May.

VHpC5X5.png
    THIS IS HOW IT SHOULD OF HAPPENED...
    umXDB07.png
    ... and this is what actually happened :)

vGUv6KC.png
    Even in here, plants go first.

lTSI1jJ.png
    Both joined to military, task was sparring.

RKqzZOk.png
    Malcolm: "Heyyy babe, I like this view!!"

W7YDFwR.png
    Melody: "Do not even start!"

meCPVQH.png
    Melody: "You sure you want to float at there??"
    Malcolm:" Yah.. why not.. oh .. i feel itchy.."

G0Jfoy9.png
    He joined the rocket making "fun".

llIK1O7.png
    Mandatory chat with Erwin..

0XzGptR.png
    HZaXM3t.png
    53kyBml.png
    Malcolm: "oh great, the loonies arrived.. "

ZOOtUEv.png
    T1JNNSX.png
    Yep..'

g7v455z.png
    Malcolm: " And this goes right here..."

pIsWQMS.png
    Melody: "Helloo?? Mr Roswell???
    Reply was : I love Mother.
    Melody: "oh , mamas boy then.."

WzWw05Q.png
    Lady:"hiiii... want to have a date with me? Ask Mother!"
    Malcolm: "Eh , no mam...."

ms5gebN.png
    After loonies left, they went back to that rocket.

jxLZw9M.png
    ej7rCPS.png
    ct66kN4.png
    And while they did that, the pear shaped weird SIms In Black took the plants and the fridge.

vYd0PXr.png
    Hey... d not cry .. you can buy new fridge :/

cdKXbV3.png
    1yONjBv.png
    To the library.. only one there was actually his dad. sorry Geoffrey, we do not need you now.

EyvLsMz.png
    To bar then (lot by lilsimsie, so heavily edited by me)

Zb8Nltq.png
    m6z79MX.png
    KAiEMXW.png
    Poor attempt to get information :D

q9bd1g7.png
    VoQzulZ.png
    Next to the Diner..

rvUxZfY.png
    EFNi33D.png
    KLxQ2DT.png
    And to the Old Penelope NightClub :)

RpGtfHF.png
    Back at home, Melody needed fun..

ygmQgZ8.png
    Sleep tight <3

Post edited by Ellupelluellu on

May 10 - University - WK 2 - Saturday - Part 1 - Soccer Mania!

stadium-decorated-for-game-day.png
    Both Wolfgang and Sakura were up early, and Sakura made some omelets for breakfast.

cpplon-some-grilled-cheese-sakura-sat.png

Wolfgang: "Good morning! Oh my! You made breakfast! And it smells so good! I didn't know you were such a great cook, Sakura. I mean, I remember that honeycake you made when you came for dinner...but this...this omelet is really good."

good-morning-youre-dressed-already.png

Sakura smiled, "I brewed some coffee, too, if you would like some. I am more of a tea drinker myself, but I haven't unpacked my tea maker yet."

Wolfgang: "I am good with either, but I tend to drink coffee in the morning."

Sakura: "When I get a chance, I love to sit outside in the evening with a nice cup of tea. In Windenburg, I enjoyed living on the island, and I liked to sit in my garden and watch the sunset. It was really beautiful."

Wolfgang: "Yes, the island is beautiful, and you did have a really nice garden. I wonder how Joaquin is doing with taking care of your bees?"

Sakura: "Oh, he should be fine. I showed him where I kept the beekeeping outfit."

Wolfgang: "Oh, now you tell me! I didn't know you had one of those. Do you know how many times I got stung when I was looking after those bees?"

Sakura and Wolfgang laughed together.

i-think-i-am-really-going-to-like-living-here-sakura.png

Sakura: "You know the dinner that I had invited you to before I disappeared...well...I realized the other day, that I never made you that dinner. So, I was thinking of making that dinner for us tonight. I was going to prepare everything ahead of time, and then when I got back from my soccer game, we could have a late dinner. What do you think?"

Wolfgang: "Are we talking about those honey beans you were going to make?"

Sakura laughed, "You and those honey beans! I was never going to make honey beans!"

i-ws-thinking-that-when-you-came-home-from-soccer-we-could-watch-a-movie-together.png

Wolfgang: "Oh drat! No honey beans. But, yes, I think that would be really nice...and maybe after dinner, we could have a movie-marathon. I wanted to make it up to you for what happened the other night. I kind of picked out your favorite movies, and we could have some popcorn...and we could order pizza later...you know, for a midnight snack. How does that sound?"

Sakura smiled, "You planned that for me? I almost don't want to go to the soccer match now and just stay here."

Wolfgang: "Oh, but you have to go," he said as he pulled something out of his pocket, "I bought a ticket to the game!"

this-is-so-good.png

Wolfgang really enjoyed those omelets and (autonomously) helped himself to another one. Sakura had forgotten how much Wolfgang's mother always made for meals, and now Sakura understood why. Wolfgang was a big eater. She wondered if he still got free food at Foxbury if they lived off-campus. Maybe not. Sakura would just have to make sure there were leftovers in the fridge at all times, because Wolfgang's cooking skill wasn't very good.

sakuras-new-room-deco.png

After cleaning up the dishes, they decided to get a head start on their coursework. FIrst up was working on those term papers, and they each had one to do. They both wrote a draft and then edited it. Both term papers were outstanding quality, and they submitted them on-line. Boom! Done! Next up, Sakura worked on homework for her first class and Wolfgang worked on his presentation board.

wolfgang-was-feeling-so-good-to-be-living-there.png

[Note: I also I had Wolfgang plant one of the death flowers he had in inventory. They take a long time to grow, and I just wanted to make sure they had plenty on hand when he worked on the robotics table. Since Sakura is maxed in gardening, I thought this would give Wolfgang a chance to work on his gardening skills, too.[

And soon, it was time to head off to the soccer game. Wolfgang came downstairs and Sakura laughed.

Wolfgang: "What? I am wearing my Foxbury spirit wear! Somebody's gotta cheer for them, because I heard that Britechester has a really good soccer player on their team, " he said winking at her.

Wolfgang: "Go Foxbury!" he said as he did the Foxbury cheer.

Sakura: "Go Britechester!" Sakura countered and did the Britechester cheer.

And together they headed out the door and went to the game.

taking-a-photo-together-2.png

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

On campus, they saw several students in spirit wear heading to the game. Sakura had to head into the stadium and said she would meet Wolfgang after the game.

game-day-sat.png

game-day-wolf.png

keg-stand-with-wolf.png

ill-see-you-after-the-game.png

heading-to-soccer-game-sat.png

the-final-game-sakura.png

Sakura was feeling so energized. She was on top of her game today.
    sakura-choice.png

answer-to-steal-the-ball-real-one.png

beach-ball-yell.png

referree-nods-to-her.png
    soccer-game-moment-race.png

scores-a-goal-sakura.png

sakura-wins-the-game4.png
    answer-to-steal-the-ball.png

won-the-game.png
    so-sorry-foxbury-lost.png

Wolfgang was waiting for her after the game and they headed home together "Congratulations, Sakura! That was a fantastic game. Are you sure you want to resign from soccer? You're really good."

cheering-together-in-house.png

Sakura: "Yeah, I am going to hang up my cleats and pick up my paint brush for the Art Society."

Wolfgang:"Maybe that's a good thing, then Foxbury might have a chance at winning the next game!" he chuckled.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Saturday night to be continued...
    edited May 2021
    Somehow I didn't notice until now that I had Update 6 two times... Now it's fixed ;)

@Hermitgirl
    What a day! I definitely don't like these scientists, I almost thought they wanted to experiment on Rubanoid, giving him an underdeveloped vaccine or trying to get him infected or something! Thank you for the idea with the mood swing.

@Karababy52
    You photoshopped that seamlessly...
    I really like the fridge picture. She quite often folds her arms like that and makes this cute sound effect like "I'll do it myself!", 'rababa babababa!' or something :D I tried to catch her doing that since she aged up!
    Now I hope even more that Josh is okay, judging by that look on her face...
    Edit: Oh no, he's missing... I hope these bugs let her find him. They look like a fun Gameplay machanic though! Can they be used after the mystery is solved and in other worlds, too?

@LegacySims2017
    Jackson's first monsoon! It sounds like he coped quite well, I would have imagined them to be a lot scarier... Will he change anything at all to be prepared, or just let the 2nd one come along?

@IllusoryThrall
    What a chaos again, I don't blame you for yelling at the screen. Bennie got promoted, Yay! And Benji is failing his classes... I can't blame you for wanting to get one person out of the family. Pity it has to be one of the few people who can properly care for the toddlers... I hope Jaz' friendship goes better when Colin is in a better mood; that seems to make all the differnce.
    About the pet: It was just a suggestion since it seems to me that for Sims without human friends, a hairy friend to confide in is cute and a great way to storytell... If I had pets I'd probably get my Challenge Sim one at least when they move out...
    In which schedule are you aging the siblings?
    Outtake: Wait, they only have one bathroom? Even I am not that keen to torture myself... :tongue: Can't you put in a bumpout somewhere with a 2-tile second bathroom, using the University shower? At least?

@Ellupelluellu
    These are some lovely gameplay pics... Why did they steal the fridge??? Do we actually have sticky notes ingame??? Loads of questions... :tongue:

@SoulGal7
    Go, Sakura, Go! Great game, but I can understand why she wants to give it up. (Might be that I hate soccer myself)...
    Post edited by miss_eulenauge on
    | Amelia Britton - A Lifetime of Sims || Louise Aldrich - A Year-Long Challenge |
    *Updated my May 11th post above! I'll get started on comments and hopefully post them soon! Have a good one! :)
    @Hermitgirl
    Not many Needs potions needed for Josh, he has A LOT of reward traits. ;) Actually, three more grow back. o.O She's trying to find him to see if he does need saving. He might not, we shall see... It's a fun movie! No worries about not having a unique motive, human nature is human nature, even in the Sims. ;) Everyone in that town freaked me out, but I guess that was the point, so that's a good thing. ;)

@IllusoryThrall
    So nice that Jazmyn's friend came over for a visit. Bummer her friend was sad, at least she tried to help.

Thanks about my screenshots, I enjoy taking them. :) Rags to Riches is my fav way to play. Thanks again, I love my couple! Josh is doing great learning spells and potions, probably get to the top very quickly. :) No answer about Josh this Day, but maybe tomorrow. :)

@Ellupelluellu
    hehe Yep, loved the kiss pic! You know I love love. :) Aw, well the game made a great choice for Judith. Smoke is my photoshop creation. :) You'll find out as soon as I myself know! :D

Absolutely ADORE your post pic for the day, they look so happy! Their outfits are so cool, I love them! I like the 'should of' better, but the 'actually' is adorable too! Oh awesome, they're BOTH in the military! HAHA! Malcom, stop looking at her butt! Ew! That water is disgusting! o.O Oh man, love this line, "Oh, Mama's boy then." hehe Tsk, did Melody really cry over the fridge? Love all the venues, but their house is the coolest! Great job on that! :) Uh, twins beds?!? Poor Malcom. :D

@SoulGal7
    Honey beans? Wish I remembered that, hilarious! Hey, Wolfie's a growing boy, needs to nourish those muscles! ;) So fun they're in rival schools, they look great in their spirit gear. Yay! Go Sakura, she did great! Don't blame her for quitting though. :) Looking forward to the rest of the night.

@miss_eulenauge
    Thank you, I try! Independent toddlers are so fun and so easy! Love that crossed arm animation. The bugs I'm sure can be used in any world at any time since you don't need to live in Strangerville to be in the military and they are needed, I think, as a daily task for the SIB career branch. I've never tested this theory though so don't quote me on that. ;)
  • permanentrosepermanentrose Posts: 3,789 Member
    edited May 2021
    Update 131 - The belly of the beast

CUOtZcm.jpg

Notes:
    With the search for a vaccination going well, Chloe and Skeilah knew it would be time to explore the larger threat that loomed in the lab. Emmett was a good source for determining the right timing for trying to infiltrate the lab again. He said that the turnover of military personnel had only been increasing - with people either quitting or simply disappearing. Chloe and Skeilah had received their shipment of hazmat suits, and Emmett was nearly certain that if they walked into the lab with confidence, they would blend in easily. As long as they didn't run into Max or any aliens, they should be able to explore without any issues (I know this is far fetched but I need to get Jules into that lab one final time before the final battle :D)

Skeilah wanted to continue to work on the vaccine, so Chloe decided to see if Jules wanted to join her in traversing to the deepest parts of the lab.

The lab was not well guarded when they arrived. In fact, conditions seemed pretty volatile and dangerous...
    PgSqrYR.jpg

They entered through the back door just to be safe though.
    swIP7tM.png

But there really appeared to be few, if any, individuals around. Whatever was in the deepest part of the lab, it was growing stronger....
    irQtlrD.png

They walked through the spore chamber easily this time.
    ktUBPlG.jpg
    QTtiG3y.jpg

And reached the door on the other side, descending deeper into the lab...
    Abmrtpd.jpg

They reached a room that housed several strange plants, not unlike the ones growing all over the town.
    72I4rRl.png

"I'm gonna get a few photos of this place," Chloe informed her, taking out her cell phone to snap a few shots. "Maybe some of this info can help us refine our vaccine."
    BTiJI2k.jpg

There was one final corridor to explore, and they were both struck with a sense of foreboding as they walked toward the sealed door.
    NYyNMav.jpg

As the door slid open, Jules gazed up the creature housed beyond it in horror...
    EeUbFmo.jpg
    XbBs4UC.jpg

"Holy..." Chloe began, but couldn't bring herself to find any words. "I gotta take a closer look at this..." Jules decided to stay back by the door, frozen in place. Chloe walked up the platform, and the thing bent down to greet her with piercing shriek.
    fVBaBKY.jpg

"Yikes, let's get out of here!" Chloe exclaimed, sprinting down the steps and wiping slime off of her hazmat suit. Jules quickly followed.
    8TROLEO.jpg

As they wheeled around the corner, they nearly bumped into another person who was wearing a hazmat suit as well.
    UMNTYoA.jpg

"Oh, did you guys already take care of feeding Mother?" he asked, and Jules and Chloe merely nodded, dumbfounded. "I thought it was my turn, must have read the schedule wrong. Everything's a mess these days, half the time I don't know what's going on anymore," he mumbled. "Anyway, have a good night!"
    DLK3eTF.jpg

Jules and Chloe left as quickly at they could, glad when they didn't run into anyone else. They didn't speak until they were safely back in the bunker, where they began to process all they had seen. They didn't want to make any further plans until they had a working vaccine, knowing that they risked infection from the Mother plant if they didn't properly prepare themselves.

The pictures Chloe had taken around the lab had proven helpful for unlocking a vaccine that they both felt confident about. They decided to test it on themselves first, just to make sure there were no adverse side effects.

Cheers!
    uVNOw7A.png
    7d9o3S4.png

Jules is the one making all these vaccines, but for story purposes, I'm going to leave that to Chloe and Skeilah. Why would Jules have any idea how to make a vaccine lol? Let's leave that to the scientists and doctors :D

Well, there wasn't much time to spare, so they began testing it on the infected citizens, because in the Sims, a vaccine works to both cure and prevent an illness, how convenient ;)
    EOZ2rI4.png
    zQqKA8b.jpg

Chloe stopped by the bunker with vaccines for all the household members there as well.
    L1IQ4U2.jpg
    0fdCgxb.jpg
    Lol, thank goodness Jules finally got vaccinated, she's been slipping into a possessed state quite frequently while I've been trying to get some behind the scenes story stuff done :D
    6yL6Usb.png

And with everyone vaccinated, they began to come up with a plan to defeat the Mother plant...
    ---

And I have made it to the very last stage of the aspiration. Her team includes Hugo, Chloe, and Emmett. Almost ready for this big battle.... :)
    HET6Et6.png

---
    I have a busy day today, so I apologize if I don't get around to comments until tomorrow!
    Post edited by permanentrose on
  • LegacySims2017LegacySims2017 Posts: 5,226 Member
    Month 1 ~ Sulani ~ Day 12

jackson-05-12-02.jpg?w=683

Story:
    Day 12 (Thursday)

The rain continued on. Jackson never saw it rain off and on in a 24 hour period like he has in Sulani. He couldn’t sleep much. The cold, hard rain was dampening his spirits today. He stayed in his tent listening to the rain fall. It finally stopped raining around 6:30am. By 7:00am, the sun was shining. As he had school real soon, he skipped his morning jog once again. He was hoping the sun would stay out all day.

After school, Jackson was happy that he would be going back to work again. Well, doing more lifeguard training. This was his second training day and it turned out after his first day, he might not need too many training days before becoming a lifeguard.

Stepping onto his private little beach, something caught him off guard. There was a person fishing in the distance off the shore. He hid behind his tent and peaked around the corner to get a closer look. It was was Makoa’s wife. He didn’t know what he should do. She had to have seen a tent with a cooler next to it already. Jackson quietly went inside his tent to find everything in order, so she didn’t seem to have investigated. And if she did, she was good at not to mess with anything. He wondered if she would tell anyone what she saw. He had a couple hours before work, so he approached her.

Jackson: Oh, hey there Mrs. Kealoha.

Lilliana (startled): Hello. You scared me for a minute. I recognize you. You’re Duane’s friend from school. Nice haircut, by the way. I’m sorry about the other day. The little one wanted to play outside and if she doesn’t get to, it’s hard to get her to sleep.

Jackson: It’s okay. I remember wanting my mom’s attention a lot when I was younger, so my dad would occupy himself with other things. I was a needy child.

Lilliana lets out a small laugh and then turns around to the tent.

Lilliana (pointing): Are those yours?

Jackson started to get nervous. He could lie and say they weren’t, but then that could cause problems for him if she tells someone else and they go to investigate. He thought of something quickly.

Jackson: Yeah. I’m going to be a lifeguard soon, so I decided to camp out on the beach yesterday through today to get a feel of it.

Lilliana: Oh my. Did you get caught in yesterday’s monsoon?

Jackson: I did. It kind of put a damper on things. I might stay here for a bit more.

Lilliana: You poor thing. I’m glad you’re okay. Your parents must be too.

Jackson didn’t say anything. Instead, he turned the topic around.

Jackson: “I’m going to get ready for work. It was nice seeing you again. I hope you catch a lot of fish.

Lilliana: You’ll have to come over for dinner again sometime. Enjoy your evening at work.

Lilliana went back to fishing as Jackson headed back to his tent to change for work.

It was another excruciating evening for Jackson, but it paid off. His trainer made the decision he didn’t need anymore training after tonight. He would get his first shift as a lifeguard tomorrow. He was also given his own rescue buoy. When Jackson got back to his beach, he practiced what he learned for tomorrow. He also texted Duane to tell him the good news.

Side Notes:
    • When Jackson was at school, Lilliana Kealoha swam to the beach he is living on and started fishing. This cracked me up. I could have skipped adding this into the story, but it was more entertaining to add it somehow.
    • The default lifeguard career clothing is okay-ish, but I like the custom content better, so I use a Mod to change Jackson’s career outfit.

Bonus Images:
    jackson-05-12-01.jpg?w=683
    jackson-05-12-03.jpg?w=683
    jackson-05-12-04.jpg?w=683
    jackson-05-12-05.jpg?w=683

Aspirations Completed:
    • None

Traits:
    • Personality: Active, Bro
    • Aspirations: Home Turf
    • Reward: Hero (Mod), Everyman (Mod)

Skills:
    • Charisma - 1/10
    • Comedy - 1/10
    • Fitness – 4/10
    • Logic - 2/10
    • Persuasion (Mod) - 1/10
    Visit LegacySims.net!
    pol-reese.gif
    (Twitter Me: LSims2017)
    @Ellupelluellu - Hunka Hunka burning love kiss! *smooch* Melody and Malcolm ooh la la And they are both in the military. Look at Melody give that bot training equipment a good kick...and Malcolm sure has a nice view! lol And then the infected neighbors come over, and then the feds ? come over and take Melody's fridge! Nooo.... Oh, Melody, don't be so sad, you can get a new one. Nice updates on the buildings around town, although, I don't think I would want to eat in a diner where the hostess is in a scientist coat. Plus, would you really want to eat the food in Strangerville? Um, no. Oh my gosh, Melody needed fun...hint...hint...and they were sleeping in single beds. lol

I had to laugh with your comment to me on my story that you ship Sakura and Malcolm! I think that maybe someone else has Malcolm on the mind besides Melody! lol It must be because he had his shirt off working on the rocketship. Oh yah! Hopefully, you ship Sakura and Wolfgang, though! hehehe
  • SkeilahSkeilah Posts: 1,762 Member
    edited May 2021
    May 12
    zlD3U9V.png
    Link to the post on my blog

Bryons Diary
    MAOvCHt.png
    I had put Naoki in bed with my last bit of strength. Naoki sure is heavy, hahaha.

Km70Dyo.png
    After a good night rest, Naoki woke up feeling like himself again.

jS48xdR.png
    I was happy to have my boyfriend back.

6qhe3FT.png
    (Naoki) “I can’t believe you did all that... And you even know where the kids are now!”
    (Bryon) “Yes, but how on earth are we going to get them...? They are inside an enormous plant.”

Just at that moment, the doorbell rings.

WoXhC7D.png
    (Bryon) “Who could that be, so early in the morning?”
    (Naoki) “Hm, maybe some kind of delivery?”
    (Bryon) “Did you buy something?”
    (Naoki) “I... Don’t know anymore.”

BPFHgn8.png
    I opened the door, only to see a strange woman in front of me. Maybe Naoki did buy something and he forgot... But the woman was just wearing regular clothes.

(Bryon) “Ehm, good morning. Can I help you?”
    (Woman) “... Yes. May I come in for a second?”
    (Bryon) “I don’t know if that’s a great idea...”
    (Woman) “Please. I won’t take much of your time.”
    (Bryon) “... Okay then, please come in.”

D68tj2R.png
    (Naoki) “Bryon. What is she doing here?”
    (Bryon) “Huh? You know this woman?”
    (Naoki) “Eh... Did you forget about doctor Noelle already? And here I thought I was the one with a bad memory...”

kOLp0Gb.png
    (Bryon) “Doctor... Noelle?”
    (Noelle) “Hi there.”

ScfdDY6.png
    (Bryon) “Gee man... How many times are you going to scare me like that? What are you doing here?”
    (Noelle) “I...”

CFQhKoe.png
    She disguised herself again.

(Noelle) “I ran away from the alien base and got myself a new disguise so that they won’t recognise me. I’m here to help you.”
    (Bryon) “You what now...?”

Dr503Zl.png
    (Noelle) “I know... I’m probably stupid and you don’t want to talk to me... But if you don’t act fast, they’ll get you and you’re never going to be able to have a happy life... The alien crew will be back this evening. They’re on a trip to Sixam, our hometown. I was assigned to watch the base.”

(Naoki) “You're here... To help us...”

hu2FhLQ.png
    Naoki stood up with all his might and gave Noelle a hug.

(Naoki) “I knew you weren’t a bad person.”

xJUEFY4.png
    (Noelle) “Naoki, I sense that you’re still infected. We need to make a vaccine for you so that Mother can’t use you as a talking device anymore... But the Chemical Analyzers are all in the lab...”
    (Naoki) “Oh, I actually have a Chemical Analyzer of my own in the backyard. You can use that one.”

PVgCnEJ.png
    Now she’s looking straight at me.

(Bryon) “What? I’m a Military, no scientist. I don’t know how that works.”
    (Noelle) “No worries. I’ll help you with that too. You’ll have to go to the crater to gather spores and bizarre fruits. That’s what we’ll need to make the vaccines.”
    (Bryon) “I can do that right away. But... Can I leave you with Naoki?”

kIRE7Sy.png
    Naoki went to sit down again because he was feeling weak.

(Naoki) “Have some faith in Noelle, Bryon. She came all the way here in a disguise to help us out. I think it’s safe. Go, find those ingredients. I really don’t want to turn back...”
    (Noelle) “In the meantime, I’ll stay in my disguise. If you happen to turn back, Mother won’t know it’s me. Oh. Can we lock the doors? She can make you wander around, and I don’t want you to go anywhere.”
    (Naoki) “Sure.”
    (Bryon) “Well okay then, I’ll be right back.”

a7hf4qR.png
    A few hours passed by, but I managed to collect enough spores and bizarre fruits for about 10 vaccines in total? I lost count, really. I wanted to get even more, but my scanner died...

H4SWY6W.png
    Noelle explained me how to put the ingredients together.

e8LnOYi.png
    And in the meantime, Naoki napped on the couch. He’s still so weak. Poor him...

1loyhCI.png
    (Bryon) “We finished the test vaccines! What now?”
    (Noelle) “We should test them on possessed sims...”

kutPI9y.png
    And then, Naoki walked out, possessed.

(Noelle) “He can be our test person.”
    (Bryon) “Right.”

W52njsM.png
    (Bryon) “Sorry not sorry, Naoki!”

karTOqx.png
    This vaccine didn’t work at all, and it looked like Mother had found Naoki so that she could talk to me.

(Naoki - Mother) “The alien crew is on its way back! They’ll come for you!”

rGgYakI.png
    Right above us, an alien ship flew over and went right to the crater.

(Noelle) “Oh no. Bryon, there they are. They'll land in the crater soon... We gotta search more possessed people to test the vaccine on.”

ARfLrOM.png
    (Bryon) “We better run then!!!”

We just got out of the house and immediately hit the jackpot.

f3QwG25.png
    (Noelle) “Throw it on him!!”

And so, I threw it.

Vv9qxDP.png
    (Noelle) “No time to wait for the reaction! We have to find a third person!!”

The man who just got the vaccination in his face looked at us with one normal eye. Guess this vaccine worked better than the first one, but it's not yet 'it'.

KPUo40q.png
    By some kind of faith, we bump into Jess.

GKibPJ4.png
    (Bryon) “Come on... Please work...”

pmaoTP1.png
    Jess falls on the ground.

(Bryon) “Eh... Is this a good or a bad thing?”
    (Noelle) “I don’t know.”

Je40AdX.png
    And then, to our surprise, she wakes up, totally okay.

(Jess) “Officer Ellison. You saved me. My gratitude is big. Save the rest of the town.”
    (Bryon) “I will, Officer Sigworth. I will.”
    (Noelle) “Come on! Let’s make more vaccinations! We don't have much time!!”

Behind the scenes
    R3gfcWS.png
    The aliens came back from their trip to Sixam, only to find out that both Noelle and Naoki disappeared.

(Anas) “What happened here when we were gone…?”

qYwkcNe.png
    They decide to ask Mother what happened. She must’ve seen something.

RIP8sXV.png
    (Mother) "She didn’t capture the guy when he came in to save his boyfriend. She just disappeared and he took the redhead. I think we have a betrayer among us.”

XaNy7lb.png
    (Anas) “Oh, Noelle… Always a weakness for humans…”
    (Jaquan) “So, what now?”

qLXEhzL.png
    (Anas) “We’re going to track them all, and take them down of course. Let’s get to work! They can’t win from us…”
    (Larissa) “Leave that to me. Just give me a few hours and I’ll know where they are.”
    (Anas) “Thanks, Larissa.”
    koppTCP.pngSubscribe to my WordPress blog to stay updated!
    edited May 2021
    @Ellupelluellu omg. I'm so sorry. I was making comments at the very end of the night, and was getting pretty tired. So sorry I confused the two of you! @lilypadmeulin - the comment was meant for you. Feel better soon!! :heart:

@miss_eulenauge (and anyone else curious about my aging scheme for my sims)
    Since they'll be moving at the end of the month, I think I'll leave it as-is without another bathroom. Technically there is a half bath in the downstairs store area - which, trust me, has saved my sims from peeing themselves more than once. I *could* add a shower in there, but I'm not 100% sure I'm going to. As for the aging, I have a whole text file listing when all the siblings will be aging up (they also each get four months for each age stage) based on hos old they were in their backstories when I created them. Benji will be aging up (and out of the house) in June, then Myles will age to teen in July, Phoenix in August, and Jaz to teen in Sept. The twins will be toddlers until September (although I may have toddler stage be a bit shorter, and age them up a month or two before. Will play things by ear a bit on that one.) The parents will also be aging, and are in my text file, but I'll keep how old they are a secret for now. :smirk: I also have a whole storyline to explain the constant moving, but that, too will be revealed in time....

@Karababy52
    Oh, Poor Essa. My heart truly hurts for her. I hope she can find some info soon!!!
    @IllusoryThrall
    Thank you! I think I read or at least suspected a hint somewhere in the very first updates (or the get-to-knows), that they had to move so often because of Bennie's next "get-rich-scheme" or because they were thrown out due to missing rent ;)

@Skeilah
    What an update... Please let them be faster than the Alien guys!

@LegacySims2017
    What a close call there. about his past... He'll be a teen for quite a while, and living in Sulani for some more weeks. He might need to come up with a backstory, or trust Duane's family to keep his secret...

@permanentrose
    Thank goodness they are making progress and getting rid of the infection... Curious where the guy they were searching for comes into the picture! (What's his name? I almost forgot about him :# )
    edited May 2021
    @miss_eulenauge
    Are you talking about that guy in the hazmat suit? He isn’t important haha, I just wanted to have them run into someone since it didn’t feel believable for them to be able to explore without seeing any other people (although the lab never spawns people so this is all just made up for my story haha). So you don’t need to worry about him. Even I don’t remember his name 😂
    @permanentrose
    No, weren't they searching for Bex's cousin or someone? I mean, I think they had a reason to fight the infection... right?
    edited May 2021
    @miss_eulenauge
    Jules went to Strangerville since Bex (who is her cousin) got infected going to investigate things there herself. Bex suspected that Jacques Villareal (Hugo’s dad) was behind it all, and he kind of is, but it’s his son, Max, who is a secret alien, who is actually the mastermind behind it, lol. Kind of confusing, I know 😂 So in the end, they will need to confront Max and defeat the Mother plant. I hope that clears up your question! I definitely made things more complex than I needed to haha
  • SkeilahSkeilah Posts: 1,762 Member
    @miss_eulenauge
    It’s like an action movie, isn’t it? :D
    koppTCP.pngSubscribe to my WordPress blog to stay updated!
    @SoulGal7 , LMAO :joy: I am so so sorry, I corrected it now :joy:
    That is what I get when typing comments and my update in the same post :D

@IllusoryThrall , No problem at all :)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top