March 29th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Townies

Sul Sul

So I'm going through the "other" sim category and I learned I can move "my households" to the "other" category by unchecking the heart.

Also, and why I'm posting I'm amazed at how many "evil" sims are in the game, wow now I know some of you will love that, but I said bye bye bye.
There are some really well done sims that the team made (also after looking at the other ones or changing hair or clothes you can just exit CAS and uncheck the heart and they will go back to "other").

I plan to marry off my sims to them lol, please tell me now if this will break my game.

Thanks!

Comments

• BookBearBookBear Posts: 488 Member
    simplyzoe wrote: »
    Sul Sul

So I'm going through the "other" sim category and I learned I can move "my households" to the "other" category by unchecking the heart.

Also, and why I'm posting I'm amazed at how many "evil" sims are in the game, wow now I know some of you will love that, but I said bye bye bye.
    There are some really well done sims that the team made (also after looking at the other ones or changing hair or clothes you can just exit CAS and uncheck the heart and they will go back to "other").

I plan to marry off my sims to them lol, please tell me now if this will break my game.

Thanks!

It won't break your game. :smile:
    Offering free hugs for your time of need.
    8763f1fcdeee963323782673c8c95eee.gif
  • simplyzoesimplyzoe Posts: 428 Member
    BookBear wrote: »
    Sul Sul

Thanks!

It won't break your game. :smile:

Thanks!
  • EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,782 Member
    edited May 2021
    Hehe, I found your post as very sweet :)

And as @BookBear , said , no harm happens :)

+ I like the kitty at your avi :)
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina
  • GirafHuntrGirafHuntr Posts: 759 Member
    One of the things I really love about this game is how easy it is to just move households between "my households" and "other," and also to mark them as unplayed or played. For a rotational player, it is so handy to be able to mark households as unplayed if I want to skip them for a round, because they will age with the rest of the neighborhood. Then I can just mark them as played again when I want to resume them. You can keep unplayed households in your "my households" tab too, if for example they are extended families of active households or are just more meaningful to you.
    My username has been my internet handle for over 20 years since I was 16 and refers to when I had a crush on a very tall boy. I intend absolutely no violence toward beautiful giraffes. <3
  • GirlFromIpanemaGirlFromIpanema Posts: 843 Member
    I move my Sims to and from "other households" all the time, usually just to control aging or have them move somewhere specific. I've also married these Sims, and as already said, no broken game. I think it's a useful feature. :smile:

I'm not a fan of evil Sims either, I remember meeting a "perfect" sim once, who I then found out was evil, mean, and hates children haha. Although one of my Sims ended up marrying someone with an evil trait, I have to keep an eye on him though, otherwise he just starts yelling at his family. One thing I do like, it that evil Sims can read obituaries on the computer and seem to get joy out of it.
    Hehe, I found your post as very sweet :)

And as @BookBear , said , no harm happens :)

+ I like the kitty at your avi :)

Thanks! Your so sweet! I made the kitty lol it is in my game, I will upload it and working on houses and families. And I left the criminals so I can bust them as officers lol and a few dastardly traits but man this is going to take a week I'm still only halfway there but its so worth it! I've found aliens, which i left alone, and a mermaid lol. This is so fun!
    I move my Sims to and from "other households" all the time, usually just to control aging or have them move somewhere specific. I've also married these Sims, and as already said, no broken game. I think it's a useful feature. :smile:

I'm not a fan of evil Sims either, I remember meeting a "perfect" sim once, who I then found out was evil, mean, and hates children haha. Although one of my Sims ended up marrying someone with an evil trait, I have to keep an eye on him though, otherwise he just starts yelling at his family. One thing I do like, it that evil Sims can read obituaries on the computer and seem to get joy out of it.

Thanks for that info, I think I left one to see what they do but I lived with a real one so enough of that already I'm ready to have some fun. I also found a female sim with the hates children trait but lifetime is to be a super parent, I really want to see how that goes lol.
  • EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,782 Member
    @simplyzoe , thanks :) If you upload the kitty, please send me a PM, I would love to download it :)
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina
    Whats the Freegan trait? Going through my townies found a family with 2 sims with that trait. I've not seen it before.
  • BookBearBookBear Posts: 488 Member
    Whats the Freegan trait? Going through my townies found a family with 2 sims with that trait. I've not seen it before.

It's a thing from eco lifestyle. Basically hippies who dislike buying things or having a job and enjoy making their own furniture.
    Offering free hugs for your time of need.
    8763f1fcdeee963323782673c8c95eee.gif
    BookBear wrote: »

It's a thing from eco lifestyle. Basically hippies who dislike buying things or having a job and enjoy making their own furniture.

oh that is so cool! Thanks!
  • SimsLady2000SimsLady2000 Posts: 1,236 Member
    Sul Sul

Thanks!

Heck no. That is what you are supposed to do. It will not break your game. Don't worry.
    The Sims is NOT a game, it's a lifestyle choice.

My Plumbob is GREEN today :D
  • EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    edited May 2021
    Sul Sul

Thanks!

By deleting Evil sims all you will do is generate more.

Random sims tend to balance out the game with gender, traits and CAS items used. The less you use something, the more it will spawn uncontrolled on random townies.

This is why new CAS items, official or fresh CC, spawns on recent townies if you delete older ones.

It's better to use everything over several townies that you've curated, than to have them spawn randomly on newly spawned YAs you may wish to romance or befriend.
  • sunblondsunblond Posts: 1,035 Member
    I like creating my starter sims, then I "try" to marry them off to a premade or in some cases a random townie. I love having the premades as a sort of recurring cast of characters in all my games and then incorporating them in with my played households if they marry or become friends with my played households.
    Origin ID is: sobenewbie
    EmmaVane wrote: »
    Sul Sul

Thanks!

By deleting Evil sims all you will do is generate more.

Random sims tend to balance out the game with gender, traits and CAS items used. The less you use something, the more it will spawn uncontrolled on random townies.

This is why new CAS items, official or fresh CC, spawns on recent townies if you delete older ones.

It's better to use everything over several townies that you've curated, than to have them spawn randomly on newly spawned YAs you may wish to romance or befriend.

LOL guess I need to explore the game more and find ways to play them and enhance the game. Just my luck, ha ha. I have been working on organizing townies, the ones that don't have bios I'm writing something that goes with their traits like wants to be wealthy and founder of the hates the children club. I'm also moving them into homes then clicking the heart to put them back in the other households. Public enemy sims are listed by number ?? on the Sim Most Wanted list. OK, so I'm willing to explore, um, can evil sims change a trait by doing good stuff?
    Thanks for replying, I will see what I can do with this and no since of deleting evil sims now, but I must say the maxis team made some awesome sims.