Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

May Patch Speculation Thread 2021 (Patch 2 Is Out)

Comments

• Options
    SelinaKylesSelinaKyles Posts: 4,337 Member
    edited May 2021
    Next pack is probably farming, so a EP patch this month

They replied to someone’s guess
  • Options
    elelunicyelelunicy Posts: 2,004 Member
    Both the game pack and the kit are obviously coming first. If a EP is coming it’d be in June at the earliest.
    qidpmcvgek8y.png
  • Options
    The kit is releasing on May 18 (Tuesday). This normally would suggest a May 13 (Thursday) patch release, which is surprisingly soon since the last patch.

Maybe the reason that the hair color patch is "delayed" is because we're getting two patches in May? First a small patch on May 13 for the kit, and then a bigger patch in late May for the game pack?

Or maybe the GP gets announced next week, and they'll have one pre-pack patch for both the GP & kit?
    qidpmcvgek8y.png
  • Options
    mrkingvmrkingv Posts: 103 Member
    elelunicy wrote: »
    The kit is releasing on May 18 (Tuesday). This normally would suggest a May 13 (Thursday) patch release, which is surprisingly soon since the last patch.

Maybe the reason that the hair color patch is "delayed" is because we're getting two patches in May? First a small patch on May 13 for the kit, and then a bigger patch in late May for the game pack?

Or maybe the GP gets announced next week, and they'll have one pre-pack patch for both the GP & kit?

That's what I'm wondering... Unless they commented on the GP way too soon and it won't be released until June :# Because it seems odd to released a kit and a GP so close to each other, almost simultaneously.
    GKOVUiH.png

Forum Discussion • Read it HERE
  • Options
    DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,355 Member
    I'm thinking there will be two patches.

Patch one in mid-May with the kit, either the 13th, or maybe the 18th and they'll just go with kits releasing on patch days. I know that last time that wasn't the plan, but we simply don't have enough kit releases to know what they're going to consider "normal" at this point. Patch two in late May, with the Game pack actually releasing in very early June.
  • Options
    QueenMercyQueenMercy Posts: 1,680 Member
    Both the game pack and the kit are obviously coming first. If a EP is coming it’d be in June at the earliest.

June’d also be pretty great timing for a farming EP. It’s the time of the year when Farmer’s Markets are fairly popular, so people are more interested in growing their food.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member

Their announcing something on the 17th. I think it's a summer roadmap.
  • Options
    MeowchaFrappeMeowchaFrappe Posts: 840 Member
    My predictions for the May 17th Announcement.

Live Stream! (Where this stuff will be announced/shown)
    Courtyard Oasis Kit - Officially announced May 17th, Released May 18th
    GP 10 - Announced May 17th, Trailer on the 18th, Released End of May or Beginning of June
    Summer Roadmap - Announced May 17th, featuring EP 11 theme for a July(?) Release + 1-2 Kits or an SP.

Kit Pre-Patch on May 17th; New Eye Presets + New Hairstyles + Other AAIP Heritage Month items
  • Options
    My predictions for the May 17th Announcement.

Live Stream! (Where this stuff will be announced/shown)
    Courtyard Oasis Kit - Officially announced May 17th, Released May 18th
    GP 10 - Announced May 17th, Trailer on the 18th, Released End of May or Beginning of June
    Summer Roadmap - Announced May 17th, featuring EP 11 theme for a July(?) Release + 1-2 Kits or an SP.

Kit Pre-Patch on May 17th; New Eye Presets + New Hairstyles + Other AAIP Heritage Month items

I sure wish we could atleast get a Gamepack Teaser this week.
  • Options
    I think a Patch is very likely for Tuesday. For starters their revealing the Summer Lineup Monday which most likely will be a Livestream so they can also talk about the May Patch then. The Kit is out Tuesday so it's likely the Patch is also Tuesday. I'm looking forward to the base game afro update.
  • Options
    HolidayHoliday Posts: 681 Member
    Maybe the reason that the hair color patch is "delayed" is because we're getting two patches in May? First a small patch on May 13 for the kit, and then a bigger patch in late May for the game pack

Just been confirmed we are getting two patches in May. I’ve got my eye on you. :wink:
  • Options
    Holiday wrote: »
    Maybe the reason that the hair color patch is "delayed" is because we're getting two patches in May? First a small patch on May 13 for the kit, and then a bigger patch in late May for the game pack

Just been confirmed we are getting two patches in May. I’ve got my eye on you. :wink:

Next week will be a small Patch. Also This means the Gamepack could be coming in Late May.
  • Options
    edited May 2021

Next week will be a small Patch. Also This means the Gamepack could be coming in Late May.

This pretty much confirms that the GP will release on June 1. First patch should drop on May 13 (Thursday). It may be possible for them to release the patch on May 18 (Tuesday) at the same time as Courtyard Oasis. That would be a first tho as they've never done a same day patch+pack release.

Second patch should release on May 27 (Thursday) to prepare for the GP releasing on June 1 (Tuesday). May 20 (Thursday) would be way too close to the other patch. It's also not enough time for them to announce the GP.
    qidpmcvgek8y.png
  • Options
    SimKonfettiSimKonfetti Posts: 1,361 Member
    edited May 2021

This pretty much confirms that the GP will release on June 1. First patch should drop on May 13 (Thursday). It may be possible for them to release the patch on May 18 (Tuesday) at the same time as Courtyard Oasis. That would be a first tho as they've never done a same day patch+pack release.

Second patch should release on May 27 (Thursday) to prepare for the GP releasing on June 1 (Tuesday). May 20 (Thursday) would be way too close to the other patch. It's also not enough time for them to announce the GP.

Or it comes mid to late June and no summer EP this year?
  • Options
    Dakota88 wrote: »

I doubt they'd release a second patch in May if it's not the pre-GP patch. They could have just waited and release everything in one patch when the GP releases in mid to late June.

If we don't count hot fix patches (when the second number in game version number doesn't change), it is very rare that they release two patches in one month. When they do it's almost always because they're forced to do so. It happened exactly one in 2020 (they had to release a patch for Spark'd in early July and then a patch in late July for Nifty Knitting) and exactly once in 2019 (early February anniversary patch and then another patch in late February for StrangerVille).
    qidpmcvgek8y.png
  • Options

I doubt they'd release a second patch in May if it's not the pre-GP patch. They could have just waited and release everything in one patch when the GP releases in mid to late June.

If we don't count hot fix patches (when the second number in game version number doesn't change), it is very rare that they release two patches in one month. When they do it's almost always because they're forced to do so. It happened exactly one in 2020 (they had to release a patch for Spark'd in early July and then a patch in late July for Nifty Knitting) and exactly once in 2019 (early February anniversary patch and then another patch in late February for StrangerVille).

This.
  • Options
    TrimothTrimoth Posts: 418 Member
    Who said that the hair color patch was delayed was it the gurus?
    tumblr_np609wKvSy1ssn1m9o2_540.jpg

Origin id: trimoth

• Options
    SimKonfettiSimKonfetti Posts: 1,361 Member

Interesting, you're probably right!
  • Options
    DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,355 Member
    Trimoth wrote: »
    Who said that the hair color patch was delayed was it the gurus?

It was in the official recap of the Maxis 411
    We’ll also add six new hair colors in a future patch. In our Inside Maxis livestream on 4/27 we stated the colors will be updated in the next patch. However, the update will not happen in the upcoming but in a future patch instead. We apologize for any confusion.
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,383 Member
    Are we expecting any trailer release today?
  • Options
    edited May 2021
    They just announced Courtyard Oasis. Seems like their way of avoiding kits leaking through game files is just announcing kits on Thursdays the same time as the patch.
    qidpmcvgek8y.png
  • Options
    Well I'm late with this but better late then never Patch 1 is out.
  • Options
    ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    Sthenastia wrote: »
    It is time to update some base game plastic hairstyles (I'm talking about you Nina) and flat textures on BB objects. Especially I have a problem with flat doors and base game dressers.

filing_images_0b1fe718261f.jpg
    I completely agree all the base game hairs are horrible no texture play-doh seeing all the newer hair that has come out with recent packs they don't even fit in with the game and look like bad cc though who am I kidding it would be hard to find cc that bad.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • Options
    DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,876 Member
    edited May 2021
    Yes please update all basegame hairs. They looks like warts next to those beautiful updated hairs.
    Atreya33 wrote: »
    Sthenastia wrote: »
    It is time to update some base game plastic hairstyles (I'm talking about you Nina) and flat textures on BB objects. Especially I have a problem with flat doors and base game dressers.

filing_images_0b1fe718261f.jpg

I completely agree. Someof the base game hairs really don't fit in with the rest of the game anymore.