Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

WIN 10 [Sims 2 Castaway Stories] [HELP]

thesims267284thesims267284 Posts: 21 Member
Hey, Today I found castaway stories in my attic and I wanted to play it again but it says there is a compatibility error with my operating system. (win10) I've tried to run it in win xp, 7, 8 , vista but sadly no fix. Anyone have any solution?

Comments

• rosey1579rosey1579 Posts: 6,252 Member
    Oh! Umm...
    Give this a try:
    Find the shortcut to sims castaways (it'll have a .exe file extension)
    Right click it
    Go to properties
    Go to the compatibility tab at the top of the screen
    Tick the little box that says: "run in compatibility mode for:"
    Choose the operating system that the game was made for
    (You may at this point want to check the "Run this program as an administrator" box if you are using the main user account)
    Click OK

That's how I got Black and White working on my Windows 7 computer, and this is the way to do it in windows 10

I hope I'm being helpful and not sending you on a wild goose chase at the end of which you'll find a half-cooked turkey with a broken piece of Lego stuck on it.
  • duhboy2u2duhboy2u2 Posts: 3,290 Member
    What rosey1579 said is the way I had to do it to get it running.
    Also, the turkey with the broken lego...not sure why but the mental image it gave me had me rolling on the floor laughing (not really rolling on the floor, but giggling my head off)
    Loving yourself is the most simple and complicated thing you can do for you.
  • Maniac4uManiac4u Posts: 51 Member
    edited May 2021
    I don't have a .exe in the cd when I open it. I reeeeeally want to install my Castaway Stories game but don't know how to. I've searched online but the instructions all talk about this .exe folder that doesn't appear on mine. Can anyone help me please? I'm trying to install it from the CD.