Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What Happened In Your Game Today?

Comments

• Options
    KeidraKeidra Posts: 460 Member
    @Becka28
    Omg I can't spell your name now either aaahhh xD
    I mean grudges themselves are fine it's just why are my toddlers capable of getting them?? Weird. Well, Ezra's a little sweetheart now, but he doesn't seem to be a terribly misbehave-y tot anyway. He's inquisitive but so was Cyne so.
    Also omg that sounds like utter chaos I'm dying just thinking about it.
    I love Caleb ♥ Long-haired Caleb is the only variant I can tolerate that isn't emo-haired. lol He looks weird any other way.
    Omg yeah. Stella had the friendship-jumping with Katrina Caliente (weird), and Ezio has romance-jumping with Caleb, Cassandra, and Drake, but not the friendship jumping. I'd really love to know what causes the jumping, like I take it as a sign from the code-god in the back-end that these Sims are starcrossed, but how does this Work...
    Esp with Tess having a more natural skintone, Ezio is like Tess' lil clone omg. xD And yes Eva's hair's cute! I put her in it just trying random things and was like "Yes." Should be QICC's Caroline hair. Looks most like my hair atm except I don't have bangs and mine's curlier. lol Omg I didn't even think of that. I should've named Marvin Chas. Oh well. xD

Life stuff:
    Fortunately that was just because of the wisdom teeth being gone lol I haven't had a migraine before or since, thankfully. It wasn't super painful, the ibuprofen killed the pain after I realised Oh this is a migraine and took it, buuuut I was useless for like 2-3 days because the dizziness had stayed. Oh man. I don't like being dizzy I really don't xD

Nooooo get the teeth out, do it do it do it it's so worth it omg. I can chew on whatever side of my mouth I want now. I can *chew*! My wisdom teeth weren't impacted, my mouth had the space for them, it's just they were impossible to reach and keep clean so they'd broken so badly there was almost none of the crowns on them left. I went into the new dentist's office with three active tooth infections, all wisdom teeth, and they were like "You need to do something with these," and I was just immediately like "Take all four of them out." Surprisingly they took all four at once.

Anesthesia itself wasn't too bad. I just got really dizzy suddenly and then I was in the car, waving my hands trying to get my arms to wake up lol. Apparently I was awake before that but I don't remember it lol like it's entirely gone. But my dad and my fiancée were there so I don't feel like it was a scary thing. Maybe if you brought someone really close to you along it'll help? I believe in you. Get the teeth out. Your life gets so much better, it really does, maybe even more so than for me because yours are impacted.

@Metior_Ice
    Oooh okay. Tbh I don't think I personally have a Sim like that so I'd probably just kinda ... hand it to my S.O. xD Granted Ezio's not bad at it, he's just not super-dad. I actually don't remember how good a parent Cassandra was with Esme now. Guess I'll have my memory refreshed here in a hot minute. Morgyn's a better parent than I expected actually, Liberty's not bad at it either but they're also not really super parents. lol

I'd actually love to do the parenting without mods honestly, just seems really silly a thing to have to mod to heck. (Also every time someone is like "I play on console" I'm immediately like I'm so sorry do you want me to buy you the Origin version rofl) I'd certainly be interested in figuring out what the secret of the super parents are, but I don't have one :c lol I can get MCCC to output all the traits and buffs a Sim has, but I do know that different Sims are just coded differently. Like Ezio and Morgyn are from the same base (and I suspect Tess is too) but act totally differently, even with the same traits, so it could just be one of those Sim mysteries that we'll never have an answer to.

Also glad you're feeling better. I've been avoiding getting the vaccine bc tbh I never go anywhere, seems like a waste of doses. My doctor was like geddit we have plenty now, and I was like but why. xD

I just got up, got a headache and stuff so I'm playing but slowly. I ended up moving the Libergyn-Draziandra bunch to Sulani, and Cassandra surprised me so much that I didn't get screencaps of her autonomously proposing to Drake, so now she's engaged to him AND Ezio. Unfortunately, Ezio has only autonomously proposed to one Sim and that's Caleb, even in the Eisenstern legacy I had to eventually decide to nudge them into getting married and they had four kids by then. FOUR. And Drake didn't do it autonomously either. So... that side of the poly may never get engaged. The screencaps of him and Cassandra getting engaged are in a restaurant, so I did it, not him. Not sure if I wanna actually marry them (because autonomous marriage is off so I have to purposely do it myself). I know marrying multiple Sims to the same one glitches the game slightly, so yeeeah idk if I wanna invite that.

Sigh. Honestly the more I play polys the more I remember why I don't play polys. Love them to death but jeez they're a pain in the butt.
    白雪夏夜我不停歇
    我并不感到困扰

I am kind to everyone. But if you are unkind to me, kindness is not what you will remember me for.
    I am autistic. Wording isn't my strong suit.

Stop player on player violence.
  • Options
    Metior_IceMetior_Ice Posts: 3,103 Member
    Calum is a copy of my first attempt at a sim. I really can't explain it, but something in Calum's coding makes him a competent sim parent, at least in my current save. I've uploaded him to new saves after bugs broke old saves, and he hasn't ever lost his parenting mojo.

In fact, I feel like he only becomes better at the parenting. I think the only thing I do differently with him that I don't do with Arihi is that I actually perform more interactions that come from the parenthood pack with him. He's lectured almost all his children about their responsibilities and he's the main parent I rely on for meeting a child's needs.

Still, the whole parenting thing came so naturally to him. I never had problems getting him to parent.

----

On a side note, it just occurred to me that Dylan is the twin with the most potential to manipulate other sims. He has all the skills needed to play with another sim's emotions, but he gets this weird angelic toddler moodlet periodically that makes him happy and overrides negative moods. Like, Dylan is a young adult, but he still gets a toddler trait moodlet? Dylan was a Silly Toddler too, but compared to his brother, the only thing that was different was how easy going he was as a toddler.

Actually, now that I think about it more. Dylan was cared for by Calum and came out well-natured and good. Zeph was cared for by Arihi and came out as a bit of a loner with a little more attitude and a tendency to troll the tech forums.... Did my sims get some kind of hidden trait from their parents?
  • Options
    AngeliqueAdelaideAngeliqueAdelaide Posts: 1,033 Member
    A co-worker of my scientist electrocuted himself and died while fixing some device or another. I had been focusing on my sim, so I literally did notice before the sound efect of Grim transforming his body into an urn.
    As the dead guy had been friends with my scientist's roommate, I had him bring the urn home, where she had her sister (a witch) bring him back to life.
    Regular sunday.
  • Options
    ThaPhoenix1ThaPhoenix1 Posts: 132 Member
    My sim got pregnant! I was waiting to finish my latest build (a house for her and her husband) before allowing them to have kids, so it's a good day!:blush:
  • Options
    ThaPhoenix1ThaPhoenix1 Posts: 132 Member
    I have a few different saves. Two saves are purely 'build worlds'. When I want to build a new house or community lot (etc), I use those saves to start them off. They exist purely to move from house to house as the lots are built.

I have three other saves that I play with properly. One has a sim I originally intended to remain poly and childfree, but hey, things happen. The other two feature the first sim I ever created in Sims 4, AJ (I started playing S4 last May, but have been playing Sims on and off for almost 2 decades) and the other has the Moyers (Alex Moyer and her kids. When I first started playing with AJ, I didn't want her to live alone so had her ask her first friend, Alex Moyer, to move in with her. Alex stayed at home, as she was a lazy sim, while AJ made the money. Alex ended up getting pregnant by an old sim (who died after their first woohoo session from overexertion - I didn't know that was a thing at the time. I should have let him sleep, like he wanted to. A mess!) and having triplets (naturally. I wasn't using mods at the time). Things were going well, but then the computer glitch (that emerged after the Eco Lifestyle update) meant that the save was unplayable. I ended up splitting up the two families and moving them into different saves.

At that point, I started using mods in my game. I have about 90 or so now. LOL. All the basics (MCCC, TOOL - I'm a big builder, SOL etc).

AJ and Jacobo inhabit one save, but I only just finished building them their dream home today (it took four months, on and off) - a townhouse in Newcrest.

The Moyers inhabit another save. Alex ended up marrying Lilith and the two moved into a mansion in Willow Creek with the triplets. The triplets have since moved into another home in Sulani (I'm building it around them, at the moment) with their respective partners. Charles was the first one to get married and I plan on having Alexa move in with her two boyfriends, the Thorne-Moon heir and Alexei Petrov (another sim of my making - a villain and leader of a gang). I intend to have Leah end up in a triad with her current boyfriend and Thorne Moon (who she's also currently dating), if only for the drama of it all (Alexa is also 'dating' Thorne).

The third save I started after the Eco Lifestyle update as I couldn't play my first save (AJ and the Moyers lived together at that point). I intended her to be my 'immortal sim' - childfree and fabulous. She ended up becoming a global superstar, getting married and having two kids born a day apart (she got pregnant - planned - and then her partner got pregnant the next day - not planned), before moving to Del Sol Valley. I plan to have the two kids move out as soon as I finish a house for them - no idea when that'll be.

I only use food CC - no B&B or CAS CC.

Anyway, just wanted to provide some background, so that posts from here on make sense. :D
  • Options
    Lucy_HenleyLucy_Henley Posts: 2,969 Member
    Again, not much happened in the way of a story/gameplay, so here are some more screenshots with a little commentary. I put it under a spoiler to decrease page loading time.
    Erytheia discovered the benefits of using the Scruberoo spell on herself as opposed to just using it on dirty appliances/puddles.

05Cyt67.jpg

Peter and Caroline haven't spent all that much time together recently, so...

AqAyXZP.jpg

One thing led to another...

gHOkpAH.jpg

I'm not surprised Artemis came home feeling mortified, with such low hygiene! (OK, it was actually a teenage mood swing, but low hygiene surely didn't help).

YF80JIx.jpg

Apollo also felt mortified because of a mood swing. Time to confess embarrassing moments in their journals. Notice they're doing it in each other's bedrooms :D

9qAz5FD.jpg

Erytheia and Xanthe, meanwhile, were rather stressed after coming home from drama club as they felt they needed time off. It doesn't look like Alexander is making much difference. Those faces!!

4t0SWxk.jpg

It was Spooky Day on Tuesday, and Erytheia decided to dress as the Grim Reaper and scare her dad.

En6Ytd1.jpg

Xanthe came home from school on Wednesday feeling depressed, so Erytheia decided to cheer her up.

d88egjt.jpg

Then, on Harvestfest, Alexander invited Erytheia over to the Magic Realm for a duel. For some reason, Peter and Caroline also went to the Magic Realm, which triggered a meeting of the old Spellcasters Unite club which hadn't met up in a while. One of the activities is 'cast spells'... so whilst I was paying attention to Erytheia, Caroline apparently summoned a clone using Duplicato. The clone was called Kimberly. I was a little freaked out at first before I worked out what must have happened.

WFdHeDy.jpg

Peter also summoned a clone, Stephon. The real Peter is the one with the plumbob above his head, about to have a duel with (the real) Caroline.

ByckE6o.jpg

Erytheia was on her way to the Duelling Grounds when she autonomously cancelled the action, but I got her to have a duel with Alexander anyway. For some reason they both used wands, even though neither have a wand in their inventory. Erytheia won the duel.

UcSzZOn.jpg

Anastasia ended up Overcharged. I might disband the Spellcasters club, or at least change the activities, because autonomous Spellcasting can be problematic like this. (Luckily, Anastasia didn't die from Spellcaster Overload, I got Caroline to use the Morphiate spell on her and then I later ended the meeting).

Mym1v3E.jpg

Erytheia and Alexander then ended up going to the Duelling Grounds and having a duel after all, which Erytheia lost. This time, they didn't use wands. Huh.

ct5yPlS.jpg

So, all in all, rather an odd trip to the Magic Realm, what with clones and wands appearing out of nowhere.

Other things: Xanthe got booted out of Drama Club following an opportunity, so Erytheia decided to quit. Artemis formed a club for logic-minded Sims. Artemis's club is called the Smarty Pants League.
  • Options
    It's also been a year since I originally created the Masterson Family! Ah, how things have changed... I've been going through old screenshots, it's so nostalgic. For example, here's the first time Alexander met Erytheia... little did either of them know they'd end up in a relationship one day!

DiEGeRA.jpg

• Options
    edited May 2021
    TS4_x64_2021-05-09_22-42-45.png

I freaking hate building.
    But the Libergyn-Draziandra bunch are getting a mansion and we'll leave the Sulani house as a vacation home. Who needs snow when you're rich and can just go vacation in Sulani for a week amirite?

(Ezio and Morgyn are both lawyers and Liberty's a space ranger. Between them they make around 14,000 a day. Drake makes around 5,000 on book royalties, and Cassandra is constantly painting something. We're not hurting for money. In fact, I was slightly disappointed the bills at the Sulani house aren't higher. xD)
    白雪夏夜我不停歇
    我并不感到困扰

I am kind to everyone. But if you are unkind to me, kindness is not what you will remember me for.

• Options
    sunman502sunman502 Posts: 18,325 Member
    Keidra wrote: »
    TS4_x64_2021-05-09_22-42-45.png

I freaking hate building.
    But the Libergyn-Draziandra bunch are getting a mansion and we'll leave the Sulani house as a vacation home. Who needs snow when you're rich and can just go vacation in Sulani for a week amirite?

(Ezio and Morgyn are both lawyers and Liberty's a space ranger. Between them they make around 14,000 a day. Drake makes around 5,000 on book royalties, and Cassandra is constantly painting something. We're not hurting for money. In fact, I was slightly disappointed the bills at the Sulani house aren't higher. xD)
    If you think that building in The Sims is bad. Then you should try building in Fallout or Conan Exiles. The building is really bad in those two game franchises. Since there is no snapping to grid in them and your character rotates while you try to place something when building. Except for the building pieces, at least in Conan Exiles anyways. Just the other day, I placed a cupboard in my character's home in Conan Exiles. I was facing the cupboard straight on like you would when standing in front of it and facing it. So I couldn't see how close the cupboard was to the wall. So when I went to have my character go do something, I looked back at the cupboard and saw that the side that of the cupboard that was closest to my character was further away from the wall than the other side of the cupboard was. Now that is really bad building in a video game.
  • Options
    Becka28Becka28 Posts: 1,870 Member
    Quin and Rohan's Honeymoon Part 2
    Part 1: here
    As I mentioned before once Rohan topped his career the guys went to Mt Komorebi for their honeymoon (now Rohan only works 3 days a week so for a long honeymoon they don't waste many holiday days.)
    82rYmnN.png
    Its such a pretty world
    0ien9vY.png
    Wishing on the forest spirits
    NxlTty3.png
    I think the forest spirits are quick workers as Rohan's wish came true almost right away (it is his honeymoon ;) )
    b1y14Y9.png

Festival of Light
    Awww so pretty and lots of screenshot opportunities
    M2ywXEk.png
    Quin loved trying all the new foods available here - I think he will be expanding his cooking repertoire
    gcI9eoJ.png
    Rohan loves seeing Quin get excited over things (even small ones like a new thing to do with matcha)
    1atqQwt.png
    They bought the festival kiminos and watched the fire dancers
    JC0puuq.png
    A11ZF04.png
    And more honeymoon inspired behaviour
    F5FYeny.png
    2Rte3QW.png
    0Sg0Kp8.png
    There was no more romance as both were about to pass out so they went to sleep.

Beowoof
    They tried to resume where they had left off next morning...
    cthKPBk.png
    QgH325X.png
    But Beowoof sensed he was about to be ignored and he absolutely hates that so he dialled up the cuteness 110%
    MC0rH41.png
    31ckIJj.png
    Rohan was totally won over by this little cutie (Quin who spends way more time with Beowoof is more immune to his manipulation)
    1ANmJr5.png

Snow time
    This is what they came to Mt Komorebi for
    Qdoyo1F.png
    b5PhQex.png
    Quin being a goofball couldn't resist making snowballs..
    ffFmiqx.png
    Rohan can't quite believe Quin is going to smoosh him - sometimes he forgets who he actually married
    Jw9wf69.png
    He didn't even try to dodge
    0diyZKc.png
    Well its snowball war now..
    6ng3sZU.png
    Quin is not kind when Rohan misses
    1kB8Lcg.png
    and misses...
    gotwYcS.png
    and continues to be unable to dodge
    eoLyAGH.png
    although he encourages Quin to keep throwing that snow
    suPPX7A.png
    g1p1mDp.png
    Eventually it dawns on Quin that Rohan can't possibly be this bad at something sporty (and its no fun constantly pelting the one you love when they dont really play the game)
    JaD07eB.png
    Rohan admits he couldn'tbring himself to hit Quin (aww)
    JsZvrVM.png

Lets hit the slopes
    Quin wants to try skiing because it is the classic snow sport and feels cultured to him.
    SF1k4ff.png
    yb2TQMv.png
    Well, there seems to be a learning curve to this lol
    vkH5VcH.png
    Quin's not used to failing but enjoys having found something that challenges him
    4h7s0mh.png
    Rohan wants to try snowboarding - all his students at the university had been encouraging him to try this.
    gPbSfSq.png
    xOsuVFZ.png
    D0u44Zz.png
    Rohan has a lot to learn too...
    Kq8t4Hw.png

End of a long day
    Quick trip to the Onsen to round off the day -
    Quin suddenly felt all hot and it wasn't just the hot springs
    TsQ9zQR.png
    And so followed another extremely romantic honeymoon moment -
    ccRUU3z.png
    I am so glad sims can't drown in spas and Onsens or I would have no living sims!
  • Options
    @DeafSimmer I’m assuming you’re referring to Xanthe. She’s got the Summer hair by QICC. https://www.thesimsresource.com/members/qicc/downloads/details/category/sims4-hair-hairstyles-female/title/summer-hair/id/1505747/ It’s also available for children. Artemis and Erytheia also have QICC hairs, Artemis has the Selena one and Erytheia the Erin one.
    And good that Rosalinda and Eilonwy made up! Sadie seems like such a sweet dog. I should have more of my Sims own a dog.
  • Options
    Sunflowergal227Sunflowergal227 Posts: 305 Member
    in myt game angela and lilith pleasant graduated and have kids with dirk dreamer (Lilith) and Dustin broke (Angela)
    Favorite EP/SP
    Sims 2 (All EPs/SPs)
    Sims 3 Showtime
    Sims 3 Generations
    My Sims 3 profile page: https://mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/Sunflowergal227
  • Options
    edited May 2021
    The Island Elemental Twins Index:

https://theislandelementaltwins.blogspot.com/2020/12/index-httpsforums.html

MerMay Extras: The Vacation in Selvadorada Part 3

At the start of dawn, the twins went to work uncovering the artifacts they found. Zeph enthusiastically expressed his love for the wind. Dylan had a neutral opinion on that weather so he played along with Zeph's declaration.

51158515607_942ed0e516_b.jpg

As the sun rose, the market grew alive. Juniper couldn't stay away, and he bought all the things he would need to be prepared for an expedition in the jungle. He wasn't planning on going back this vacation, but he fully intended to be prepared for the next time.

51159177571_9f1f8d354c_c.jpg
    Cecilia came to visit, and it quickly became clear that she and Dylan's mom did not get along.

Arihi: "What are you doing here?"

Cecilia: "I'm not happy about seeing you here either."

51159962934_d35b0e547d_c.jpg

51160285320_50631866d3_b.jpg

Cecilia swam over to the wall mirror to try and calm down after the exchange with Dylan's mom. Dylan woke up when he heard her.

Dylan: "What's wrong?"

Cecilia: "Me and your mom seem to have gotten on the wrong fin."

Dylan: "Maybe you should talk to her. She sometimes needs to get used to new people in her life."

51158515547_b25e051f4e_b.jpg

Cecilia: "I'm really sorry things started off so poorly, but is there a way I can make it up to you."

51159177511_7c58f362de_b.jpg

Arihi: "Well, you can answer my question. What do you think of my son, Dylan?"

Cecilia: "I really love him and care about him."

Arihi: "Well, that's enough for me. If your intentions are from a good place, I'll try to give you another chance. I guess he's the one that asked you to talk to me."

Cecilia shrugged: "I don't think he likes seeing us fight."

51159962884_c838c7bbae_b.jpg

The two mermaids sat together at the table and continued to chat and improved their relationship a little. They still had some friction to sort out.

51159962844_f99d21153b_b.jpg

Meanwhile, the young mermen of the Zalrian Household watched the season premiere of "Orange is the new Purple." For Dylan, the medical drama was a compelling story, but Zeph couldn't help but point out the medical inaccuracies.

51159177896_5382f4c9f4_b.jpg

To avoid wearing out her welcome, Cecilia left after dancing with Dylan for a little while.

51159177876_9ecd79d3a1_b.jpg

The next morning, the twins returned to the jungle to excavate for artifacts. Most of the family didn't want to go back after their encounters with Spiders, Bats, and Bees. The twins on the other hand could effortlessly handle these pests. While they excavated, the twins were totally in sync.

First, they found and established potential dig sites.

51159962799_1728157cc9_b.jpg

Once they established the dig sites, they worked together to excavate them.

51158515467_8f0ffa6401_b.jpg

Naturally, Dylan wouldn't stop chatting about the sea. He looked forward to returning to Sulani and watching the sunrise over the ocean. Zeph felt the same way.

51160285255_90c20cf10c_b.jpg

While they chatted, a swarm of bees descended on Dylan. Dylan stayed still and outsmarted the bees. They left without pestering him.

51158515437_e4d9b77f28_c.jpg

The twins finished the first dig site and moved onto the next. Together, they made quick work of recovering potential artifacts.

51158515412_c4846d3d21_b.jpg

Archeology was second nature to Zeph. He effortlessly picked up on the logic behind the skill. Dylan loved the artistic elements in every carving and every vase.

51159418638_a4f2c4e28c_c.jpg

Eventually, their thoughts reached a point where they were completely in sync as they worked together and grew their archeology skill.

51159177381_161149e9f4_c.jpg

51159418623_80fdba82d6_c.jpg

Nature seemed to be picking on Dylan. A swarm of Plasma Bats swooped down on him.

Dylan dodged the bats: "Not again!"

51159418608_73205d5cb9_c.jpg

As they worked on another dig site, spiders dropped down on Zeph. Zeph easily outwitted the bugs.

51159177341_146c8e1633_b.jpg

The only thing that seemed to slow down the twins was their vulnerability to staying on land too long. All merfolk, even the most powerful ones, needed to return to the sea or a body of water. The heat dehydrated them. Zeph, as the Spirit of the Sky, changed the weather so they could rehydrate. The locals around the jungle wouldn't notice anything strange if the weather suddenly turned.

51159418598_1f428d1ee5_b.jpg

As the day carried on, the twins split up to cover more ground. While Zeph was alone, a swarm of bees descended on him. Again, he outsmarted the pests by staying still.

51159177861_9bcc9e7260_c.jpg

Dylan chilled by his dig site and cloud gazed, oblivious to his twin getting pestered by jungle pests.

51158515827_07fd9507d9_b.jpg

When the rain cleared, Zeph had an encounter with Fireflies. Zeph did his best to try and figure out how to handle these fiery bugs, but he couldn't out smart or dodge these unique critters. Zeph froze and made a derpy dolphin squeak when he reached his wits end.

51159419008_198472bfb5_c.jpg

Not long after his dolphin squeak, he caught on fire and nearly burned alive in a second heat wave. Fortunately, Zeph was able to extinguish himself.

51158515802_ffe7051407_b.jpg

51159418578_9d1cd371df_c.jpg

Eager to leave the jungle and a bit worn out, the twins returned to their natural forms and slept off their exhaustion.

51158515792_00e78c3ed5_c.jpg

The twins began investigating the next obstacle blocking their path deeper into the temple. Despite their mastery of Archeology, the obstacle was still a confusing puzzle.

51159962669_01baea0e4b_h.jpg

The twins worked together, combining the mental skills of logic and creativity, to solve this puzzle and got it wrong their first try.

51159177816_927388ebbe_b.jpg

51158515767_880f9f64f9_c.jpg

Eventually, Zeph deduced the solution from their mistake, but he didn't feel well. Their first failed attempt resulted in him getting hit with a poison dart.

51158515757_e37441fc77_b.jpg

Dylan continued to trigger traps with his own failed attempts, and he continued to get lucky by avoiding the the poison darts. Zeph had a blessing from the Temple's Sun God that helped him stay composed in spite of being poisoned. He managed to solve the next puzzle.

51160285550_1ed2eba893_b.jpg

51158515747_366f11caf9_c.jpg

Deep in the heart of the temple, the twins claimed the treasure that resided within.

51160285155_b8d60050f7_c.jpg

51159418983_04f1eb364c_b.jpg

51160285150_bed636e92f_c.jpg

When the twins returned home, Zeph ordered a remedy to his poisoning online and cured himself.

51159177746_e1b3dd1080_b.jpg

51159177731_d4b5baf46d_c.jpg

After getting struck by lightning, nearly burning to death, and surviving getting poisoned, Zeph decided that it was time to restore the rotation he disrupted with his summer vacation. The appearance of Temperance behind him only motivated him. He did not want to fight a poltergeist right now.

51159418948_0e49be47fe_b.jpg

He adjusted the machines settings so that Calden could finish his Summer Break and the Alien Household could begin their rotation.

51160285505_f2419c936b_b.jpg

With a pull of the lever, the Spiritual Balance of Sulani was restored.
  • Options
    edited May 2021

The Sulani Rags to Riches Challenge: The Orphan Merman: Calden Azure

After a long day at the Island Festival, Calden did his summer homework.

51145030450_88040e3d33_b.jpg

Part way through his homework, he got a call from Maria to go on a date. Unfortunately, the destination for the date was heavily polluted and Maria left immediately after the date started. Calden choked on the smog and decided to return to Sulani.

51145030440_ed82cb2998_b.jpg

Calden still needed to expand his hut, so he immediately went to work raising money for the project by starting a yard sale. The Yard sale proved exceptionally unsuccessful, but it might not have helped to attempt such an event in the middle of the night.

51145030435_a1cc85487d_b.jpg

Since the Yard Sale didn't work out, Calden worked on carving sculptures to sell.

Calden thought: "I bet the pirates did stuff like this when they made pirate ships!"

51143249687_59003fbbde_h.jpg
    After carving a few sculptures, he worked on his logic and reasoning skills with the Eco Center Microscope. As the Microscope jostled and jolted, Calden laughed. The Scientific tool felt like an amusement park ride.

51144138798_dc763f1131_h.jpg

51144702314_733dd048ba_b.jpg

51143927296_20a9421f33_h.jpg

Calden earned most of his Simoleans selling the seashells he found under the sea. However, when he played with his emotions, he managed to increase his fame and earn a few Simoleans in tips. Calden was a natural in the spotlight, but he only did what he loved.

51143927271_7ca26a243b_b.jpg

Later in the Afternoon, Calden heard news of a fishing tournament in Ohan'Ali Town. He decided to join the competition. To give himself the best possible chances in the competition, he used his mermadic power to lure fish to the fishing spot. Unfortunately, this helped the competition too. To the humans, the act of blowing into a conch looked strange, but a strange action was the extent of what they saw.

51144139773_fb00d3ea1e_c.jpg

Calden competed against Sara Kailani and one of the wealthier elite in Sulani, a townie with a snobbish personality.

51145029210_68713e8e5e_c.jpg

Despite Calden's best efforts, he only managed to catch seaweed his first couple of tries.

51144139763_2c1c7abe12_b.jpg

Calden refused to give up and cast his line further out.

51143249612_58fe9a1dcd_b.jpg

Calden caught a guppy perch while Sara caught a Huge Tilapia!

51144702269_3aec28844f_c.jpg

Calden failed to catch a fish, but he did rail in some treasure. Zeph managed to catch a little Angel Fish after his first cast. Since Zeph was an Angling Ace and Master Fisherman, Calden had steep competition.

51145030355_e0309cf009_b.jpg

Naturally, Dylan, the Spirit of the Sea, was also a Master Fisherman and Angling Ace. He joined the competition shortly after Zeph caught his first fish. Calden couldn't catch a break.

51145030345_b1412af7cc_c.jpg

Even though Calden didn't even place when the Fishing Tournament ended, he didn't let that get him down. He visited the Ohan'Ali Surf Bar that was an Up and Coming Hot Spot to celebrate his best effort. There, he ran into Maria and instantly became flirty. He was head over fins in love with her.

51144702249_7898c79281_b.jpg

Maria didn't hide her feelings. She liked the way Calden looked.

Maria: "You know, you're very cute."

51143927176_484b434f8e_b.jpg

Calden's heart burned for Maria. He proposed exchanging promise rings. It was a spontaneous idea or the spur of the moment. But, for Calden, it felt right. Maria felt the same, so the teens exchanged promise rings. They fully intended to be together forever.

51143249532_b895c679be_c.jpg

51145030295_c8e4b9d9fe_c.jpg

After a long and eventful day, Calden got some rest before Islander's Day kicked off a Week of Island Festivals and Events. After all, what better way is there to end Summer Break than with Summer Festivities.

So, I finally managed to update the index. It should be much easier to find all the older posts. The next post will be the last one for Calden! I'm actually super excited about sharing that post because Sulani has events every day of the week every single week with the exception of Sunday. The Island Celebration didn't workout the second time around. Something about combining different elements of different packs and the MerBros gathering resulted in Celebrities walking on water and the event not spawning. So, it seems the Island Celebration simply won't spawn correctly if you have a club gathering at the same time. A celebrity appearance should be a thing for the festival, but maybe that bugged out. Anyways, Calden fell in love with Maria and Fire Dancing during the Sulani Island Celebration. Reef was actually given the Fire Dancing role in the festival. The Celebrity Musician did not spawn, but Calden took over with Guitar. The Island Celebration takes place every Thursday and starts at around 12pm Sim Time.
    Post edited by Metior_Ice on
  • Options
    Becka28Becka28 Posts: 1,870 Member
    @Metior_Ice I love your Calden update. I agree with Maria - he is a cutie. It served him right that he didn't win when he "cheated" with his mermaidic powers. I have to say that although I don't like the microscope - I have always thought it looked like fun to use, perhaps the sims scientists were lying about why it needed to be so big and just wanted some fun at work.

@sarabeth2984 THANK YOU thank thank you - you asked could I put Slate on the gallery and so inadvertently saved his life - I have been saving each NSB sim plus their family in my library but somehow totally forgot to save Slate! I was able to find an old save and rescue him. Also SHari and Dwight as I didn't want to lose them. SLate is on the gallery - he is mid - high skilled - it was the copy I could find.

PLUM Not so Berry
    previous & Plum rules

So last update - Mirabelle - the Plum NSB sim (on the right) had aged to a teen. It was the teen birthday of her twin younger siblings...

Damson - who seemed quite happy to age up
    QqjXXLP.png
    and Pluot who was less pleased
    HaiWWqn.png

Close ups of their look - Damson had some unique and interesting styles that suited her look so I colour co-ordinated them only - not sure what the game was thinking making passable looks!
    cIbPr9j.png?13lLzIRf.png?1
    bQpOlyP.png?1Rvef9Sm.png?1

Thanks to Slate's hardwork - the extended family (and friends) are close together
    hwn1xY5.png
    Mirabelle does her part getting close with Dwight's son Xzavier.
    1CuxkCW.png
    Her actual boyfriend Parker Munch was not impressed at Mirabelle's Non-committal attitude.
    O480wfz.png

Remaining teen years
    Despite being a non committal sim, Mirabelle was happy to continue dating Parker (although there was a lot of flirting on the side)
    b1gDRlb.png
    5PnH4uZ.png
    Eq5oxTy.png
    Make out session in the San Myshuno cafe cupboard
    iDuY02o.png
    This guy: Frank, continued to be friends with Mirabelle (although he was now a young adult) and walked by the house all the time.
    9e8NJEI.png
    Mirabelle also continued on her NSB goals, continuing with her dance club and getting to lvl 3 in her teen career (to satisfy part of her aspirations).
    LUcOPES.png
    But before long it was time for Mirabelle to become a young adult.
    SZqbPVz.png

Young adult Life begins
    Of course Parker was there
    pKQYuHp.png
    as were Xzavier and the hot guy from the library Camden Lemmington (who was realising he was not the only guy on Mirabelle's radar)
    lI4wEUU.png
    and Frank - I was finally able to solve the mystery of why she and Frank were such good friends immediately. Shari (Mirabelle's mother) is the daughter of a single mother and she was brought up with her and half brother Maki. Frank is actually another half brother of Shari's -They share a father unlike Maki who shares a mother with Shari. He lived with Shari's father and had never really had much contact with Shari. So MCCC recognised that Frank and Mirabelle were family (Uncle and Niece - although quite close in age) even though the bad family trees in the game didn't show it clearly. I dug deeply once Mirabelle aged and I realised the game had Frank marked as family and she couldn't flirt with him.
    b9uEuIC.png
    Just a big happy party time
    U4YVAa2.png
    Pluot being an evil sim doesn't enjoy all this family time.
    fA0Hvgk.png

New age new home
    Part of Plum's goals is living in 3 different worlds. So she moved out of Willow Creek and the family home to Oasis Springs. Shari turned up and helped her get established.
    XMsb6As.png
    Mecd5Sh.png
    AwRm4aq.png
    There are lots of things to collect here.
    SguoWDp.png
    And living near the garden / picnic spot has its advantages such as free food.
    wYqPmEp.png
    Parker really loves the new privacy.
    gFkIXOw.png

New Job
    MIrabelle started working as an intern at the hospital (all her work in the logic club and genius club was about to help.)
    AAghaqG.png
    Timothee chalamet was one of her frst patients.
    bSXUwVI.png
    5dEStxk.png
    MUM! Don't snoop around your daughter's work. She wont forgive you if she catches you.
    BYX0KvQ.png
    That evening Frank invited her to the hijinks festival.
    NYyvfbT.png
    It was nice to see Shari and Frank get to know each other
    ggusVh4.png
    Catching up with Dad
    zOmfQIM.png
    and Parker
    g00EGpO.png

This was sort of setting the scene for the next stage of Mirabelle's life - not so much story but necessary.

• Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,127 Member
    My Cleopatra sim has two boyfriends at the same time. Their names are Julius Caesar & Mark Anthony. She had a baby boy by Julius & later had a baby girl by Mark. I haven't decided to kill off Julius Caesar so she can marry Mark Anthony yet. :D
  • Options
    mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,878 Member
    While taking my main legacy save's triplets through college, I started to wonder if the gain in career levels that comes with a degree is really worth the time you invest in that degree. I mean, the gameplay in university is fun, and I'm having a good time with my triplets. But I kept wondering. So I've started a short experiment. Meet the Hunters: Duck, Truffle and Bargain.
    meet-the-hunters.png

That's Bargain on the left, Duck in the middle and Truffle on the right.
    (Incidentally, this is the prettiest random generation I've had yet; Duck was the randomly generated sim first offered when I started the new game, beauty mark and all, and the other two are the first and second roll of dice for generating siblings. I didn't even change their hair or Truffle's outfit.)

My plan is to send Truffle to a distinguished degree, Bargain to a regular degree, and Duck straight into a career. It will be computer engineer for all three so I can easily compare, and computer science university degrees. They'll be primarily focused on school and career but will still do some socializing etc., so they're not just skill monkeys. I don't have any plans to get anyone honors degrees, as I haven't had a character do that yet, and I'd sort of rather test what happens without the honors condition. I've started them as teens so they can build up their skills through gameplay. Their traits are Genius and Bro, so they can learn fast and keep each other happy. Here they are working on their programming.
    practicing-programming.png

They live in the starter house in Britechester and they all have part-time jobs. And bunk beds. And not a lot of privacy.
    bunk-beds.png

High school + part-time job + starter home/cash = they run themselves into the GROUND. We are definitely using the paid vacation days from the jobs. Fun is especially hard to find. Some cool people hang out at Pepper's Pub though, and this was a fun night
    juice-pong-with-bella-and-akira.png

Obviously we knew who was going to win.
    juice-pong-score.png

They have identical traits but, it seems, their own personalities are beginning to emerge. Truffle likes to talk. And talk. And talk. Here she is initiating every conversation interaction while Bargain does his homework and goes "Uh-huh. Uh-huh."
    own-personalities-t-likes-to-talk.png

Oh right, all the first Harvestfest milestones
    first-harvestfest.png

And with Harvestfest the gardening begins!
    harvestfest-gardening-begins.png

They saved the fall and winter seed packets, sold the spring and summer packets and the gnomes, and bought a robot station and a video game system. Now they can have more fun at home, start building robotics skill, and maybe have some utilibots to help around the house.

I'll keep track of their progress on this thread here:
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/989653/is-a-college-degree-worth-it-an-experiment/p1?new=1
  • Options
    @Becka28 I still feel like Maria and Calden are too young to be so darn smitten with each other, but I don't control Maria in any of these interactions and they get along so well. I think Calden is falling hard for her, but she's seems to act, can't think of the right word. She's not leading him on, and she definitely is attracted to him. It's just that she's more modest about expressing her feelings. She's making Calden work for it.

The microscopes always look like fun rides instead of a tool for science.
  • Options
    edited May 2021
    @Becka28 I forgot to respond to this. Yeah, the aquatic lure is a bit of a cheat during the competition. It did not help him win at all. :D If he had a higher fishing skill level, he would have stood a chance. Unfortunately, Dylan and Zeph showed him up every competition.

----

Also, as a general statement, I turned quite a few Sulani Townies into regular background sims. So, there will be a few sims that will appear frequently in the background.

One of the Townie Families represent the Wealthy Elite in Sulani. The mom is a pretentious snob while the dad has the evil trait. They are parents to a son with the good trait. The son doesn't like his parents' evil nature and strives to use his status to make things better.

The next Sulani Family is basically a family like the Kealohas. They have a son and daughter, and they are family oriented.

I think there is another townie, but she's a single adult.

The last townie is a Sulani Medicine Women that doubles as a bartender, she's a spellcaster.
  • Options
    One more thing. I was going to pair Jade up with another Vampire, but I kinda want to pair her with one of the Sulani Townie Families. I have one lot that was going to be either a Vacation Home or Ember's Restaurant. However, one of my Townie Families might actually get their own rotation.
  • Options
    TS4-x64-2021-05-11-13-12-34.png
    Finally done building this, it took legit all day. lol It was the age-old war of what to do with all that space, and the house ended up... what was it like 340k or something... idk, something like that. It has two floors, but I only ended up using one, because I'll be honest, I ran out of patience. Like I said, it took all day.

I mean granted I was also doing an edit round on Of Frost and Fire, but. Which I did get done, so that's out of my hair for a bit! Not that it matters, I lost a huge chunk of my readership, but I'm slowly getting it back. It probably doesn't help I don't really promote it. But honestly, don't read it, it's over-the-top levels of tragic. Just don't do that to yourself.
    And unfortunately, at the moment, the plan is once my current stories (OFAF and Corazon, I don't know that I'll be finishing the Eisenstern legacy but I'm trying) are done, I'm probably going to just quit The Sims fandom, so. Yeah. We'll see. So far the trends seem to have broken, and we'll see if they stay broken.

So the house has something like four different buildings, so it's really more of a complex than a single house, but uhhh, it's done. Lol
    TS4-x64-2021-05-11-00-36-36.png
    Screen porch. This has a game table in one corner, seating space, and then all the painting easels. Which Cassandra has promptly filled with paintings, of course.

TS4-x64-2021-05-11-00-36-50.png
    Games room. Really just a pool table and a foosball table lol.

TS4-x64-2021-05-11-00-37-12.png
    Reading nook/office. This is on the other side of the half-wall from the pool table. Got desks in here, and then a seating space and like five bookshelves. Because yes.

TS4-x64-2021-05-11-13-05-47.png
    Draziandra bedroom. Drake's coffin on one side, little seating space by the fireplace, there's a dresser tucked to the right side. The bathroom is behind the coffin. The books are all decorative, but they at least *look* like Ezio has way too many books.

TS4-x64-2021-05-11-13-06-02.png
    Libergyn bedroom. Morgyn wins the 'too many books' war this time around lol actually Morgyn won it in the magic realm build too (and they did live there for a bit!). Anyway, same set up as the Draziandra one minus the coffin.

TS4-x64-2021-05-11-13-06-16.png
    Living room. This one was difficult to figure out what to do with but I ended up making it witchy-booky. Because yeah. I'm also not the type to give my Sims televisions, so lol Uh, the gate on the fence outside pokes in the wall, so the living room has a random bump-out to hide the gate.

TS4-x64-2021-05-11-13-06-36.png
    Toddler room. Space for both the toddlers, and I may leave them toddlers for a very long time.

TS4-x64-2021-05-11-13-06-57.png
    Kitchen/dining. This one was a pain to figure out what to do with. There's a laundry room < over there. There are also a couple armchairs near the fridge, so the toddlers can get to it. For whatever reason, if you're feeding your tot without a high chair, the game swears you can't first of all, but then if the tot gets food anyway, the game does not recognise dining chairs or even the floor as appropriate food-consuming seating. So they have to go find an armchair, sofa, or a loveseat. And they WILL waddle their slow butts all the way across the house if the closest of any of the above is over there.

It's honestly silly. So I took to putting armchairs in the kitchen. Weird, but it solves a problem. Lol

TS4-x64-2021-05-11-13-08-26.png
    Magic room. They have so many wands now I forgot about it, so I just kind of haphazardly put them on the hall table. I probably need this room a bit bigger, but I'll cross that bridge when I come to it.

TS4-x64-2021-05-11-13-08-39.png
    Pool/gym. There are yoga mats in there too, so that's rad.

TS4-x64-2021-05-11-13-08-55.png
    Grilling area. This is in the greenhouse.

TS4-x64-2021-05-11-13-09-16.png
    Garden, featuring Ravasheen's planters. Because of course.

TS4-x64-2021-05-11-13-09-32.png
    Butler's bedroom. This is actually really cute.

TS4-x64-2021-05-11-13-09-44.png
    Butler's living/dining.

TS4-x64-2021-05-11-13-09-53.png
    Butler's kitchenette. I also really like this.

These rooms were going to be something else, but I went like "I think they can afford a butler," and somehow instantly decided to get them a butler. But maybe I won't because I get the feeling the way I handle toddlers won't quite mesh with having a butler, so that's unfortunate. If the butler messes with how I feed the tots I may actually hit them with a lightning bolt. (I know how!)

TS4-x64-2021-05-11-13-12-48.png
    And here's the whole build top-down. In the back are the toddler twistytunnels and slide and ball pit, then you can't see it bc it's been snowed on (thanks Ice Bay), but there's a sandbox back there. How do you make a sandbox? Surround a space in a low fence, and then terrain paint sand into it. It'll function like beach sand, so they can play in the sand, and the other Sims can build sand sculptures and beachcomb on it.
    白雪夏夜我不停歇
    我并不感到困扰

• Options

The Sulani Rags to Riches Challenge: The Orphan Merman: Calden Azure

When Islander's Day started, Calden drifted to the surface before waking up.

51144139633_518e00c90f_b.jpg

Islander's Day involved traveling and paying tribute to the four elements that maintain the spiritual balance of Sulani: Water, Fire, Earth, and Air.

For the Element of Air, Music and Singing satisfied the tradition. Calden's Mermadic Vocals more than satisfied the Tradition of Air.

51144139623_6137685bd3_c.jpg

Dylan invited his brother over to his house. Calden satisfied the Tradition of Earth by helping the Zalrian tend to their greenhouse garden.

51143249407_26eb289d78_b.jpg

Calden also acquired the flower arranging skill.

51143249402_a1de78d57d_c.jpg

At Wayfarer's Atoll, Calden called clear skies and satisfied the Tradition of Fire with Fire Dancing in his Fire Dancer Attire.

51143927011_0b45e74e31_b.jpg

51143927006_94c835260a_b.jpg

As a young merman, Calden naturally spent enough time in the water swimming to satisfy the Tradition of Water, being his natural self was enough. He also searched for more seashells to sell, evading sharks along the way.

51143926986_27fa2865ac_b.jpg
    Late into the evening, Calden tried to sell his collections only for it to be too late to be successful. Trying to sell his collection seemed to be more trouble than selling to vendors with greater reach. Calden decided to sell his collectibles to Undine Emporium and become a Seashell Supplier.

51143249362_45af10a156_b.jpg

Late in the evening on Mondays starting at 4pm, there was going to be an Island BBQ. So, for the morning, Calden met up with his brothers and told them an epic tale about pirates.

51143926081_42d52a7e59_c.jpg

Calden: "The pirates began their search for the mystical merfolk isles by leaving a place that was mostly land. Their first obstacle was a giant sea monster."

51144701999_0f136b3ce4_c.jpg

Calden: "But they fought the sea monster bravely and sailed on."

51145030110_8c7343ff57_c.jpg

Calden: "When the crew appeared lost at sea, The captain suspected that one of his crew members was a merman in disguise. He knew that merfolk could shapeshift into a human form."

51143926891_8fc02ed311_b.jpg

Unfortunately, as Calden told his tory, his brothers lost interest one by one and started swimming around. First, Zeph and Lyric began swimming around instead of listening.

51143926066_e9327af299_c.jpg

Next, Juniper left to swim around.

51143926871_9dfc070c56_c.jpg

Dylan and Lir gave up on the story when Calden started talking about giant frogs in the sea. Only Juniper stayed until the end, for moral support.

51143926051_2fb5545aa3_b.jpg

Calden believed that he successfully told an epic tale and began jamming for the group with his guitar well into the afternoon.

51144701964_ccde183364_b.jpg

Calden lost track of the time and missed the Island BBQ, but he decided to grill some fruit he harvested instead.

51144138688_0281e941b6_b.jpg

Calden ended the holiday with some jamming on the guitar.

51145030055_bb9bd38115_b.jpg

Tuesday, the Flowers and Music Festival took place at 1 pm.

Calden joined the Fire Dancers during the Flower and Music Day festivities.

51144701919_fb0a1eb98f_b.jpg

Calden and Dylan put on an epic show. Calden spun fire around while Dylan jammed on the Guitar.

51144701914_6a33af832b_b.jpg

After their show ended, Calden ran to the Sand Bar to enjoy so good old fashioned socializing. Calden was becoming a social butterfly fish.

51144701904_c794f89625_b.jpg

At the Sand Bar, Calden was surprised to see Maria and went straight to her to chat.

51143926016_d21fc3de89_c.jpg

After they caught up, Calden submerged himself in the sea to sleep.

51144701894_009356152f_b.jpg

Wednesday was Island Potluck Day, but the Island Potluck didn't start until 6 pm. Calden spent the morning with Maria. He serenaded her with his Charmer's Lullaby.

51143926001_f85cd295b8_b.jpg

Calden gave the serenade all his heart because his heart belonged to Maria.

51144139388_62ee243ea8_b.jpg

Calden swam around and curled his tail as he moved in for the Mermaid's Kiss that he would only give to Maria.

51144701874_90133020fb_b.jpg

And of course, a bold pick up line was in order.

Calden: "I'ma going to steal your heart like a pirate steals treasure."

51145029965_578b6a485f_b.jpg

When Maria swam away, Calden was not happy about it. She was a koi fish, and he couldn't stop swimming after her.

51143925991_8457be2a8f_b.jpg

At the Potluck, Calden put on another Fire Dancing Show.

51144138638_60265fee1e_b.jpg

Claden entertained the Islanders while they ate, and the wife of the Island Ambassador complimented his performance.

51143249117_bb3d2144f5_h.jpg

51143249112_8d9b6a96c6_b.jpg

Of course, Calden, a teen merboy, made an obligatory selfie.

51143926681_6eccf8a0ca_z.jpg

And put on another Fire Dancing Show.

51145029890_9d42732e0b_h.jpg

Calden's Fire Dancing skills stole the spotlight from the evil-wealthy-elite islander. Even his wife, a snob in her own right, was impressed by his fire dancing skill.

51143249072_8161c5dcc7_h.jpg

After the Potluck ended, Calden returned home to sleep. His hut now had a small pool for him to sleep in.

51143926641_4a028f54a5_b.jpg

Thursdays from 9 am to 12 pm the Islanders held a huge celebration. This Island Celebration Day started off rainy so Calden did a little free diving.

51145029860_885c53952b_b.jpg

Calden met up with his brothers to attend the celebration and cleared the skies with his mermadic magic. Unfortuantely, the Island Celebration still didn't happen.

51145029845_754a60844f_b.jpg

Fridays were Beach Bonfire Day in Sulani, and the event didn't start until 6 pm. Calden spent the morning working on his wood carving skills and general handiness. Calden spent so much time in the sea, he often forgot to dress like humans. This morning wasn't any different.

51144701744_a7f01a89f6_h.jpg

But, he also didn't mind taking shirtless selfies.

51144701739_016bddb644_c.jpg

During the Beach Bonfire, Calden did more fire dancing and was the center of attention.

51145029040_3c362d8f97_b.jpg

He won over the entire crowd with his moves.

51143926626_12eb05061e_b.jpg

The Beach Bonfire was supposed to be a relaxing time by the fire, but Calden livened up the event.

51144139268_ff65220db6_b.jpg

Inevitably, the crowd the thinned as it grew later, but Calden changed into his Fire Dancer Attire and really got into every move as fire spun around him.

51143249007_6b573bd1e0_b.jpg

Calum, Reef, and Arihi stuck around until the end to watch.

51144701704_b04ee79211_b.jpg

Sara Kailani tried to fire dance after Calden finished, but she ended up catching herself on fire.

51143926611_9810498b0b_b.jpg

As the night grew to a close, Calden told a bonfire story about pirates, a favorite topic it seemed.

51145029030_3108324b6c_b.jpg

As the bonfire coals dimmed Calden told a story about a haunted pirate ship that roamed the seas.

51145029780_4605c0e00d_b.jpg

Calden: "The Captain was a bloodthirsty buccaneer that relentlessly searched the seas for treasure."

51143926596_7d503d6c9e_b.jpg

Calden: "He invaded islands without mercy, and he plundered their treasure and stole their secrets. No one was safe. Until one day, the Elementals of Sulani stopped this briny buccaneer and sent him to Davy Jones Locker for his transgressions. To this day, the seas around Sulani are haunted by a ghost ship!"

51144701059_cc436a8ed1_h.jpg

Calden waved the islanders and merfolk good bye as they went home chilled by the thrilling story.

51145029755_19fd41b2f2_b.jpg

Before the next Fishing Tournament, Calden sat by his saltwater pool and finished his summer homework.

51145029715_f67dc98f85_b.jpg

This time, Calden was determined to win the Tournament and earn a few hundred Simoleans while he was at it. He showed up bright and early to participate.

51144138578_424f67a2ef_c.jpg

Calden isn't the brightest guppy in the school and used his mermadic magic to lure in fist again.

51144139213_ffbe2f8aef_b.jpg

Calden's magical cheating did not escape the notice of the two most powerful mermen. Both Dylan and Zeph joined the competition.

51144139193_13e8ea2e3c_b.jpg

Cast after every cast, the twins caught fish left and right to turn in for the prize. Even Arihi, the original Elemental Spirit herself, showed up to join the competition.

51145029675_87fbbb1675_c.jpg

51145029670_490de0b8e5_c.jpg

Calden raced over to the judge to turn in his bait fish.

51144701619_33edfcf21b_b.jpg

But the twins weren't finished yet.

51143926536_2cc72b60e1_b.jpg

Zeph held out until the end and threw a huge cast into the water. Zeph caught a Huge Tuna! Calden caught a tiny Fighting Plaket.

51143248222_a1f88eb1e1_b.jpg

51145029655_3dbc14b921_c.jpg

51144701594_725804d9af_z.jpg

Dylan stopped catching the fish to swim with them.

51143926521_781a036f16_b.jpg

Calum needed some love though. While everyone was busy with the Fishing tournament, he was comedian in an empty lounge. I have no idea why a secret agent would need to do this, but hey, Calum is a jack of all trades.

51143248217_818f2916e4_b.jpg

51144139158_2a5e8d1c19_h.jpg

Anyways, Calden failed to place again during the competition, and shortly after the fall season started, a mermadic alien arrived in Sulani.

51143248877_7e965e37f8_b.jpg

51143248207_57542ea871_b.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2021
    Becka28 wrote: »
    and Frank - I was finally able to solve the mystery of why she and Frank were such good friends immediately. Shari (Mirabelle's mother) is the daughter of a single mother and she was brought up with her and half brother Maki. Frank is actually another half brother of Shari's -They share a father unlike Maki who shares a mother with Shari. He lived with Shari's father and had never really had much contact with Shari. So MCCC recognised that Frank and Mirabelle were family (Uncle and Niece - although quite close in age) even though the bad family trees in the game didn't show it clearly. I dug deeply once Mirabelle aged and I realised the game had Frank marked as family and she couldn't flirt with him.

@Becka28 MCCC is one of the few mods I wish I could have. That mod, and the one that gives children mertails.

I really struggle to control relationships in my game. At this point, the Kailani Family, Zalrian Family, Kian Family, and Calden Azure are all closely associated with each other to the point where they are like one very big merfolk family. I absolutely do not want them to randomly engage in romances because that would start to get weird. Calden Azure is the big connector. His adoptive family he created with the MerBros Club essentially makes most of the merfolk cousins, aunts, uncles, sisters, or brothers. I like it that way. I like the idea of merfolk being in a large family, especially when they are members of the same pod. It's just difficult to control the autonomous interactions.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top