Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The grand sequel to: "The first one to page 100 wins!"

Comments

• sunman502sunman502 Posts: 18,325 Member
    edited May 2021
    sunman502 wrote: »
    DeKay wrote: »
    Wooo, Mother's Day! Hope y'all spending time together with your moms!
    Sadly I can't do that anymore since I lost my mother to a car accident twenty two years ago this year.

I'm in there with you, Sunman, mine died a couple of years ago. But I hadn't realized it was Mothers Day til I ran and errand today and saw signs and promotions.

@DeKay I hope you and your mom did something special, as I know you're close.
    Today's Q Q is:
    Is there a personality trait that you'd like to adopt from one of your friends/family?

Yes, my hubs is super laid-back and mellow, and I tend to be high-energy most of the time, but also, high-strung, and could really wish I had more innate ability to just relax. Honestly his mellowness is probably how he stands me.
    It's strange how something so tragic can bring people closer together.
    Correction: My mother past away back in the summer 1998. So she had been gone for twenty three years now this summer.
  • DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,472 Member
    edited May 2021
    Sadly I can't do that anymore since I lost my mother to a car accident twenty two years ago this year.

I'm in there with you, Sunman, mine died a couple of years ago. But I hadn't realized it was Mothers Day til I ran and errand today and saw signs and promotions.

DeKay I hope you and your mom did something special, as I know you're close.
    Today's Q Q is:
    Is there a personality trait that you'd like to adopt from one of your friends/family?

Yes, my hubs is super laid-back and mellow, and I tend to be high-energy most of the time, but also, high-strung, and could really wish I had more innate ability to just relax. Honestly his mellowness is probably how he stands me.

Thanks, Nush. Me and my mom just baked some lemonies and hedgehog cake yesterday. Nothing special really, since we always bake on Sundays. 😅
    My Top Song of the Day: Fancy Footwork by Chromeo
    FwDXXd5.gif
  • TheRoseHorseTheRoseHorse Posts: 7,300 Member
    Today's Q Q is:

Being more outgoing and not just reject people every time they ask me to hang out. I think y'all know this would be my answer. Haha.

Sorry about that.

I'd like to adopt my brother's ability to wake up at the and go to bed easily. XD I'm a major night owl, and sometimes it isn't good (like last night, I was awake all night cause I couldn't get to sleep. Ended up sleeping some Durning the day and am running on 3 hrs so night XD)
    Even the Most Beautiful Rose has been through the Dirt
  • NushnushganayNushnushganay Posts: 9,418 Member
    Today's Q Q is:

Being more outgoing and not just reject people every time they ask me to hang out. I think y'all know this would be my answer. Haha.

Sorry about that.

I'd like to adopt my brother's ability to wake up at the and go to bed easily. XD I'm a major night owl, and sometimes it isn't good (like last night, I was awake all night cause I couldn't get to sleep. Ended up sleeping some Durning the day and am running on 3 hrs so night XD)

Same! In fact, I went to sleep finally at 5 in the morning, then was awakened to knocking at the door, at 8:30, and my problem is I can almost never nap even if I am running on 3 hours of sleep. Me napping means I'm sick. So here I am again at past 1 in the morning, and really don't feel like sleeping.

But I really don't want to see how long it takes me to go crackers on 3 hours of sleep a night, again, so I HAVE to fix it. Hubs has been gone the past coupla days, should be home tomorrow night though, and the reluctance to go to the bedroom and find it cold and empty is part of it. But not the whole thing, because this happens when he's home, sometimes, too.

Is it for you, as it is for me, that you just feel like after midnight is the best time to think?
    Racism is EVERYONE's fight #BLM #StopAsianHate
    Let's make Liberty and Justice For All a reality.

xicwqMCm.jpg
    Today's Q Q is:

Sorry about that.

Same! In fact, I went to sleep finally at 5 in the morning, then was awakened to knocking at the door, at 8:30, and my problem is I can almost never nap even if I am running on 3 hours of sleep. Me napping means I'm sick. So here I am again at past 1 in the morning, and really don't feel like sleeping.

But I really don't want to see how long it takes me to go crackers on 3 hours of sleep a night, again, so I HAVE to fix it. Hubs has been gone the past coupla days, should be home tomorrow night though, and the reluctance to go to the bedroom and find it cold and empty is part of it. But not the whole thing, because this happens when he's home, sometimes, too.

Is it for you, as it is for me, that you just feel like after midnight is the best time to think?

Y'all really be thinking that midnight is the best time to think and I'm over here like half brain dead by 5pm. 😂
    FwDXXd5.gif
    @DeKay I used to be that way, up before dawn bright and perky, asleep early. So much has changed about me I swear I'm not even the same person. My mother said she thought I should have been twins. Maybe I was, and I absorbed my twin and now he's coming out? Muahahahah! It would explain a lot.
    Probably not true, though.

xicwqMCm.jpg
    edited May 2021
    DeKay I used to be that way, up before dawn bright and perky, asleep early. So much has changed about me I swear I'm not even the same person. My mother said she thought I should have been twins. Maybe I was, and I absorbed my twin and now he's coming out? Muahahahah! It would explain a lot.

Hahaa, that's funny. Cuz I'm left handed and I read somewhere that lefties are actually a twin and their right handed twin failed to develop. XD
    FwDXXd5.gif
    Today's Q Q is:

Sorry about that.

Yes and no. Sometimes it is that my brain won't shut off, but most of the time, it's that I can't put my phone down and watch a ton of YouTube or whatever. Both contribute to it.
    edited May 2021
    Today's Q Q is:

Sorry about that.

Yes and no. Sometimes it is that my brain won't shut off, but most of the time, it's that I can't put my phone down and watch a ton of YouTube or whatever. Both contribute to it.

You should set those kinda pause the app things on your phone after a certain amount of time, under Digital Wellbeing. They have it for Android.
    FwDXXd5.gif
    Today's Q Q is:

Sorry about that.

You should set those kinda pause the app things on your phone after a certain amount of time, under Digital Wellbeing. They have it for Android.

that, plus if you don't use a blue-light filter at night, just the blue-spectrum light will stop you from producing melatonin so you don't feel sleepy (but everyone probably already knows that so, sorry if that was obvious).

xicwqMCm.jpg
    DeKay I used to be that way, up before dawn bright and perky, asleep early. So much has changed about me I swear I'm not even the same person. My mother said she thought I should have been twins. Maybe I was, and I absorbed my twin and now he's coming out? Muahahahah! It would explain a lot.

Hahaa, that's funny. Cuz I'm left handed and I read somewhere that lefties are actually a twin and their right handed twin failed to develop. XD

I looked that up and all I could find was that twins have a higher incidence than singletons, of being lefties, but it's not the case that each pair of twins is a lefty and a righty. Pairs of twins can be both lefties, both righties, or one of each (though in identicals, they are more likely to have the same handedness as each other).

So many things that are said about lefties are inconclusive, such as that there are more lefties in the LGBTQ+ community. But it's well-established that there are more lefties among those with ASD, scizophrenia, and a few other disorders, and a higher incidence of left-handedness in males than in females.

One that blows my mind is that gingers have a higher incidence of left-handedness?

But I would love to know, if you have a link to share about that twin thing.

xicwqMCm.jpg

I looked that up and all I could find was that twins have a higher incidence than singletons, of being lefties, but it's not the case that each pair of twins is a lefty and a righty. Pairs of twins can be both lefties, both righties, or one of each (though in identicals, they are more likely to have the same handedness as each other).

So many things that are said about lefties are inconclusive, such as that there are more lefties in the LGBTQ+ community. But it's well-established that there are more lefties among those with ASD, scizophrenia, and a few other disorders, and a higher incidence of left-handedness in males than in females.

One that blows my mind is that gingers have a higher incidence of left-handedness?

But I would love to know, if you have a link to share about that twin thing.

It's not really a solid theory but rather a hypothesis of the vanishing twin syndrome.
    https://www.sciencefocus.com/the-human-body/why-are-some-people-left-handed/
    FwDXXd5.gif
    Today's Q Q is:

Sorry about that.

that, plus if you don't use a blue-light filter at night, just the blue-spectrum light will stop you from producing melatonin so you don't feel sleepy (but everyone probably already knows that so, sorry if that was obvious).

Yeah. I do use a blue-light filter.

DeKay I hope you and your mom did something special, as I know you're close.
    Today's Q Q is:

Thanks, Nush. Me and my mom just baked some lemonies and hedgehog cake yesterday. Nothing special really, since we always bake on Sundays. 😅
    I made cheesy chicken broccoli and rice in a 3 QRT sauce pan for lunch on Mother's Day. It took up almost the entire pan and we just finished the last of it yesterday. ;)
  • cheesetruckcheesetruck Posts: 2,518 Member
    3:25 am. Time to play Sims? :P
    Today's Q Q is:
    On any given day, what do you think you spend the most time doing? Please don't include stuff like breathing and blinking. :D

Listening to music for sure!!!
    FwDXXd5.gif
  • magic_cat_treemagic_cat_tree Posts: 292 Member
    I'd say I spend most of my day letting my cat out through the back door, then letting him in through the front door 2 minutes later after he cries like a tortured child trapped in a pipe :D
    Drummer in Seize The Day
    I'd say I spend most of my day letting my cat out through the back door, then letting him in through the front door 2 minutes later after he cries like a tortured child trapped in a pipe :D

Hello, welcome to our chaotic family here in this thread. 😂

And I can totally relate to the cat thing. I guess all cats are like that. 😂
    FwDXXd5.gif
  • 5782341b77vl5782341b77vl Posts: 9,149 Member
    Today's Q Q is:
    On any given day, what do you think you spend the most time doing? Please don't include stuff like breathing and blinking. :D

Mainly - Watching YouTube videos! :sunglasses:

Sometimes - just looking thru the random toys on eBay - kinda fun seeing the stuff from my childhood again!
    ...AND WASH YOUR DING-DANG HANDS!
  • MousellineMouselline Posts: 4,845 Member
    Today's Q Q is:

YouTube probably. Watching videos not making them

lol thanks, I've been wondering what you guys get up to in this thread!

and this is why I love cats - they are such a**holes and its endlessly adorable for some reason :D

Drummer in Seize The Day

lol thanks, I've been wondering what you guys get up to in this thread!

and this is why I love cats - they are such a**holes and its endlessly adorable for some reason :D

We just talk about random stuff here really. I'm always fangirling over band guys and then I ask the question of the day each day to keep the convo going. 😂
    FwDXXd5.gif
    We just talk about random stuff here really. I'm always fangirling over band guys and then I ask the question of the day each day to keep the convo going. 😂

Sounds fun! 😄 I am also very good at fangirling lol my latest obsession is Joaquin Phoenix. I only just watched the Joker like a month ago and have somehow never seen JP in anything else. Now I’m in love <3 what a gorgeous man
    Drummer in Seize The Day
    edited May 2021

Sounds fun! 😄 I am also very good at fangirling lol my latest obsession is Joaquin Phoenix. I only just watched the Joker like a month ago and have somehow never seen JP in anything else. Now I’m in love <3 what a gorgeous man

I haven't seen that movie yet. And yeah, Joaquin Phoenix is not in a lot of blockbuster movies that I know of. 😅

Art Spam coming thru.

f445c833ea1d91757d7f75647238fb47d7703865.jpg
    Post edited by DeKay on
    FwDXXd5.gif
    Cats are so unpredictable. They want one thing one minute. And then the next minute, they want something else. But if I put down tuna fish and milk right in front of my cats. They'll climb all over each other just to get to that tuna fish and milk. And nothing will pry them away from that until it's all gone. But all in all, I still love my cats no matter what.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top