Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Are you going to buy the upcoming Courtyard Oasis Kit?

Comments

• MonaveilMonaveil Posts: 652 Member
    Yes, but later
    I probably will buy it at some point but not right away. I like the style. I want to see the kit in more detail before I make a decision. It might be the first kit that I purchase.
  • EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,777 Member
    edited May 2021
    Yes, but later
    Or at release. Depends on what is the upcoming GP , when it releases and do I want it or not :)
    (Lazy to redo the whole mods-folder just for a kit, if another pack comes out soon)
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina
  • Winifred_WillowWinifred_Willow Posts: 423 Member
    Yes, but later
    I'll buy the pack, but not right away. I haven't opened the game in quite a while so I'm not in a rush. The items are pretty and I would like them in my game when I do decide to actually play it again.
  • IsharellIsharell Posts: 1,158 Member
    Yes, but later
    The items look gorgeous and the aesthetic will fit nicely into some aspects of my neighborhoods. Six months ago I'd have bought it without hesitating. The problem is my old laptop is about dead and I'm not sure just how much my mom's laptop can handle. I need to play on it a bit more to decide if I'm going to risk adding more content. But yes, I do intend to buy that pack, just not sure when.
  • PlumbobCrossingPlumbobCrossing Posts: 8,455 Member
    I'm still in doubt
    Meh I’m not sure, I need to see more about it first before I make a final decision.
  • bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,374 Member
    Yes, at release.
    Absolutely! I play with JA a lot, several of my sims being jungle explorers and relic hunters and this will be awesome in Selvadorada. Also, one of my favorite modders has Moroccan themed furniture and decor and this will be perfect! :)
    In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.
  • SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    edited May 2021
    Yes, at release.
    That looks amazing, so YES.
    Kironide wrote: »
    Its very pretty, but it has little context with other stuff in the game to date. Maybe you could argue that it has the Moorish appearance of Southern Spain's architecture.

That style is called "Mediterranean Revival" and this fits in the more Moorish end of the spectrum. We did get some Moroccan themed elements along the way here and there, that will tone just fine with this. There are compatible pieces we got as free DLC in an update in 2019 or so, plus elements in City Living and even Journey to Batuu that will tone.

I absolutely look forward to making a huge, opulent, baronial palazzo with a huge, opulent courtyard to drop into my game. I'll call it San Simoleon.

Also, kits? $5 - sure! That's WELL within my "fun money" budget. If it has content I will play with (and this does) I will NOT hesitate to buy it. That's less than I tip the pizza guy.
  • Evilyn_1007Evilyn_1007 Posts: 761 Member
    No
    Not what I’m into. The only BB kit I could think to want is one with only one tile/small clutter. I’d buy that in a heartbeat.

I’m more interested in CAS and gameplay.
  • catmando830catmando830 Posts: 9,117 Member
    No
    Where can I find info on it
  • SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    Yes, at release.
    Where can I find info on it

The link in the first post?
  • TheSpotted_CTheSpotted_C Posts: 293 Member
    Yes, at release.
    I don't know enough about it to be super excited but it looks good. Can never have too many build items.
  • FatTribble23FatTribble23 Posts: 845 Member
    No
    Nope, not at all my decorating taste. Pretty for those who do like that style, though.
    HcmCUds.jpg
    Life needs an undo button.
  • notasmokealarm09notasmokealarm09 Posts: 240 Member
    I'm still in doubt
    I like the pictures, they're very pretty. But I regret a kit I bought previously *coughdustbunniescough*, so I'm a bit wary.
  • LustianiciaLustianicia Posts: 2,489 Member
    I'm still in doubt
    Everything looks recycled from The Sims 3: World Adventures... are the developers really becoming this lazy? :|

I know kits are very cheap and not as high budget as packs, but come on... seriously?
    Favorite Packs
    Sims 1: Hot Date
    Sims 2: Seasons
    Sims 2: Happy Holiday Stuff
    Sims 3: Seasons
    Sims 3: 70's, 80's, & 90's Stuff
    Sims 4: Seasons
    Sims 4: Paranormal Stuff
    Sims 4: Strangerville Game Pack

78MB6Gb.jpg
  • LustianiciaLustianicia Posts: 2,489 Member
    I'm still in doubt
    I like the pictures, they're very pretty. But I regret a kit I bought previously *coughdustbunniescough*, so I'm a bit wary.

In all fairness, this one doesn't seem to come with any new gameplay, so it likely won't be as glitchy... I own the 'Country Kitchen' kit and love it so much! No problems with it so far.

However, I'm also in doubt about this kit... because the content literally looks like the developers just recycled things from Sims 3: World Adventures.
    Favorite Packs
    Sims 1: Hot Date
    Sims 2: Seasons
    Sims 2: Happy Holiday Stuff
    Sims 3: Seasons
    Sims 3: 70's, 80's, & 90's Stuff
    Sims 4: Seasons
    Sims 4: Paranormal Stuff
    Sims 4: Strangerville Game Pack

78MB6Gb.jpg
  • halloweenchildhalloweenchild Posts: 1,534 Member
    edited May 2021
    No
    Nope, I refuse to buy kits. They feel too much like EA is slowly getting the player base ready/prepared for microtransactions for TS5, and what's galling is that a portion of the player base is ready and willing to accept them. But hey, as long as people get more building content right??
    Post edited by halloweenchild on
    Give our Vampires back their fangs!!! Reverse the Nerf!!! Occult simmers should not be shoved aside for the "realism players"! It's time Occult lovers/players started to demand equal treatment. #JusticeForOccults
  • Umbreon12Umbreon12 Posts: 877 Member
    I'm still in doubt
    First of all, not a fan of the Kit idea in general. I gave a hard pass on all three of the first ones. However, I will probably eat my words if a supernatural/horror kit comes out.
    The items look pretty, but I don't want to spend a lot of money for pretty things. I really don't see it fitting in my game, unless for a rich Sim at the moment. If it is being paired with a new pack, then maybe.
    I will have to see more of it to see if I would want it, but for now, it is a pass.
  • Calico45Calico45 Posts: 2,038 Member
    I'm still in doubt
    I don't know. I don't hate kits and I don't hate this theme, but I am not going to start playing again just for some new BB. I actively was wanting Country Kitchen stuff and built a farmhouse using it. I don't have the same inspiration to jump on this, but $5 isn't awful. Maybe when the GP comes out.
  • DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,351 Member
    Yes, but later
    For $5 I can get this kit (or any kit) for my Sims game, or one outfit with a single texture set for a Daz Studio figure - if I'm getting a discount club outfit during the two-week new release sale.

I'll have to see which I need more when the time comes.
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,108 Member
    Yes, at release.
    It's so pretty & has about 15 new Build Modes Objects. I counted. ;)
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    edited May 2021
    Yes, but later
    Yes but later. I have tons of cc and I'm more into the apocalypse style. Plus I'm still on my sims break. Writing and enjoying the outdoors. 😃 my story has finally reached 1000 pages. I feel so accomplished lol😎
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • mia_noelle97mia_noelle97 Posts: 575 Member
    I'm still in doubt
    Maybe. I’m still undecided. It’s pretty but I don’t really build that style of house ever so I don’t know if I would use it that often. Of course, once I see the full item list or see how other people are using it I might change my mind.
  • Louise_G0325Louise_G0325 Posts: 1,040 Member
    I'm still in doubt
    I love this style and have been hoping for a GP or something introducing more build/buy in this theme - maybe even a small world. But it's a kit. I don't want to buy any kits, since I think they're abominable. But since they've put this in a kit, I don't think we'll get this theme otherwise. I'm a bit torn, but I'm leaning towards "no."
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    I'm still in doubt
    Yes but later. I have tons of cc and I'm more into the apocalypse style. Plus I'm still on my sims break. Writing and enjoying the outdoors. 😃 my story has finally reached 1000 pages. I feel so accomplished lol😎

Congratulations :smile:
  • BreeSashaBreeSasha Posts: 637 Member
    No
    I'm not really a build/buy type of person so I'll probably pass on this one. It looks gorgeous and I do like the theme but it just doesn't relate to my type of gameplay.