Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 3 Things you didn't know!

Comments

• SimSpockSimSpock Posts: 273 Member
    IreneSwift wrote: »
    texxx78 wrote: »

Travel from one hole to another?? Wow! I have to try that!!
    My sim has digged around 3 times in the same hole until a notification said that i should look for other place to mine because that hole was ehxausted.
    My sim has explored a hole but nothing happened... Has something happened when you tried?
    I love how deep everything is in sims 3!

Yes, every time one of my sims explores a hole, they have all kinds of adventures, and sometimes bring things back. The adventures are described in notifications in the upper right corner of the screen. I've never actually had any of my sims dig holes in other locations besides their own yards, but I know it can be done. I read it, either in notifications when my sims into an underground cave, or somewhere else.

"Alice in Wonderland" style rabbit holes. Perfect !
  • OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    Did you know - the face painting booth from Seasons has a picture of Bob Ross on it

Screenshot-72.jpg
  • PuddinroyPuddinroy Posts: 4,451 Member
    @Onverser: Cool. Did you know that taking pictures help with the photography skill.
    :) Smile!

• IVXXXVIIVXXXVI Posts: 140 Member
    This has probably been said before but

Goopy Carbonara got its name from Goopy GilsCarbo, a Pleasantview resident from The Sims 2
    Hp85Jmm.gif
  • MorgaineWitchMorgaineWitch Posts: 42 Member
    I didn't know that when your Sim lives in an apartment building and orders pizza, that the delivery man leaves it outside the apartment building. I found a very spoiled pizza in the morning because I couldn't find it.

I also didn't know that even if your sim only introduces themselves to another sim and the other sim dies then your person will mourn for them. My sim said hello to a paparazzi guy who died that night and she got sad.
  • MorgaineWitchMorgaineWitch Posts: 42 Member
    I didn't know that I'd be publicly shamed for my sim having a child out of wedlock. ROFL.
  • VaChuVaChu Posts: 37 Member
    Did you know you can help a criminal escape prison when you drill a hole next to the police station?
  • JeansooJeansoo Posts: 3,606 Member
    edited May 2021
    KevinL5275 wrote: »
    mw1525 wrote: »
    Here's something I just learned. One Sim can start cooking a meal (using the stove) and another one can finish it :o . Since I don't have my Sims leave the stove when cooking, I didn't even know this was a doable thing.

Just make sure you have someone else to finish it. Leaving a pot on the stove will start a fire! :) And the sim taking over has to have enough cooking skill to make the dish as well, or it will come out horrible.

That’s ok. If your sim has the fire proof stove, it won’t get burn or catch a fire. One day, I gave my sim a free will day. I didn’t command anything for 24 hrs sim time. He was cooking as he was hungry, then suddenly, he left his food in pot on stove, then he went to work. I promised not to touch anything for 24 hrs to my sim. I was nervous about that food but the food stayed safe until my sim got back home from work after 10 hrs.. I got impressed how that expensive stove is so safe to use.

• tallcoolonetallcoolone Posts: 6,918 Member
    edited May 2021
    texxx78 wrote: »
    Sims can read a book while laying down relaxing in a beach towel anywhere where you can find sand (i found out about this while my sim was in a vacation in Egypt.

They can also pull out a book on the pool inflator and read there. I just discovered this when I finally allowed my sims to have inflators, a pool and some freedom.
    My Page https://mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/tallcoolone
    Send me a friend request for Simport

• tallcoolonetallcoolone Posts: 6,918 Member
    Puddinroy wrote: »
    I didn't know dogs could sleep anywhere.
    My sim's town pet store in the showtime world (Starlight Shores) was a pet camp at night. All those comfy pet beds "for sale" got a lot of use! It was really cute.

My Page https://mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/tallcoolone
    Send me a friend request for Simport

• Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,426 Member
    edited May 2021
    If you catch and stock 10 deathfish in a pond in your backyard, you can fish for deathfish at any time of the day rather than having to go hang out at a creepy graveyard between midnight and five in the morning.

Who knows what's in a graveyard at those hours? Could be creepers...or zombies... or... maybe even politicians? :mrgreen:
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
  • Rhiannon58Rhiannon58 Posts: 806 Member
    I didn't know that if an aspiring alchemist messes up on certain potions, he/she can become a frog and have to get a "special kiss" to reverse the curse!
  • NitroglycolNitroglycol Posts: 121 Member
    Sims with the Neurotic trait seem to run everywhere, even when there's no reason they should be in a hurry.
  • Tunia_6381Tunia_6381 Posts: 4 New Member
    Hello I am new to SIMS 3, i love it, but how do I share my photos on SIMS 3 community and post pics here? (share pics) and how do I change my profile picture on here?
    Can I add thunder and lightening and rain to SIMS 3 without getting the seasons expansion pack?
    I started with the first Sims in the 90s...I have now Sims 3 and I love it! I was wondering besides getting the seasons expansion pack, is there any other way to make Rain/lightening and thunder? TIA
  • lisasc360lisasc360 Posts: 19,277 Member
    Tunia_6381 wrote: »
    Hello I am new to SIMS 3, i love it, but how do I share my photos on SIMS 3 community and post pics here? (share pics) and how do I change my profile picture on here?
    Can I add thunder and lightening and rain to SIMS 3 without getting the seasons expansion pack?
    I started with the first Sims in the 90s...I have now Sims 3 and I love it! I was wondering besides getting the seasons expansion pack, is there any other way to make Rain/lightening and thunder? TIA

@Tunia_6381,

Hi there... 😀

The Sims 3 has what is called a Fog Emitter that allows us to set different effects but it's not the same as having the actual Seasons pack because the Sims won't know that it's raining, snowing or having a thunderstorm and it only works on the lot or lots that you put it on.

This is a link that explains on how to use the fog emitter, but there is a complete list of codes out there that you can search for.
    https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/936498-the-sims-3/61434925

But if you want your sims to experience the weather such as playing in the snow or playing in the rain puddles or getting a sunburn, then you do need to buy the expansion pack for all of that to happen...😀

Hope this hopes you a little bit...😀
    Clogged toilets, busted showers and sinks, and burning stoves seem to happen more frequently at university than in the primary town.
    Clogged toilets, busted showers and sinks, and burning stoves seem to happen more frequently at university than in the primary town.

Well, University is mostly adolescents (young adults) getting into the hang of the real trials and travails of life. :So naturally more accidents. "oopsies...I broke the sink again... I didn't know I was supposed to NOT shove paper towels down the toilet - isn't it all the same thing? Wait...y'mean, I can't stuff my lasagna in the stove and then go play Call of Duty?" ---> Three alarm fire...
    GYZ6Ak9.png
  • MayaRose1138MayaRose1138 Posts: 1,789 Member
    edited May 2021
    I didn't know that I'd be publicly shamed for my sim having a child out of wedlock. ROFL.

I had that happen to my celebrity acrobat! She got pregnant to a genie and then couldn’t marry him while he wasn’t free! And after she gave birth, I got that pop-up too 🤣🤣🤣. In that same family, her brother-in-law was a flirt and so he flirted with her - in front of his wife! Unsurprisingly, the sister and brother-in-law got divorced but both rolled wishes about a week later to get married again!

A few years back, I had a IF and a fairy married to each other, and they had a hybrid baby. When that child was a teen, he could turn into an IF with wings 😂.
    Post edited by MayaRose1138 on
    edited May 2021
    Tip # 1 - If you are playing a "survival" game, know that you cannot sell your "salvage" from the junkyard at the consignment store - the consignment and elixir store registers will not even read it as being available no matter what part of your inventory you have it in (you can actually only have your salvage in the Family Inventory). You can only sell stuff that you pick out of the dumpster, you can't sell the damaged salvage (even if you Debug: Force Repair it); it's YOURS forever. :mrgreen:

Tip # 2 - If you don't want food spoilage when you move your fridge (it happens even in the top-end fridge (the one you get when you complete your Level 10 Chef Career) - remove all your cooked food from the fridge and put it in your inventory before you remove the fridge and take it with you. Place your fridge and then replace the food IN the fridge. Then you will end up with no spoilage.
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    edited May 2021
    Rhiannon58 wrote: »
    I didn't know that if an aspiring alchemist messes up on certain potions, he/she can become a frog and have to get a "special kiss" to reverse the curse!
    I was playing with a girl human sim alone and she was trying to make an invigorating elixir on alchemy station. She got cursed while making it and turned into a toad. She invited her boyfriend over to her house and asked him to give a toad kiss. He did and he also turned into a toad too. I was seeing 2 toads in a room. I just asked her to find how to make cure elixir.. Since that time, I’ve no longer asked my sims make any elixirs at low level.
    If you send your plumbot out to harvest the hive, he/she won't get stung. That's if you want to be kind to your sims.

Me, I'm a sadistic ❤️❤️❤️❤️ of a Watcher who likes to watch his sims (male that is) suffer.

The other thing is that your plumbot will never drink the honey, whereas if you don't watch your sims hunger level carefully; they'll eat or drink whatever is in their inventory to take care of their hunger needs (honey being one of those things - not Honey Darnell...nobody drinks off her unless they're a vampire).

Thanks! Now. I got a good reason to create one!

edited May 2021
    When the burglar visits, the sims go fight against the burglar with different reasons. Brave sim gets ‘fight’ interaction with the burglar. Evil or Mean sim gets ‘beat up’ interaction with the burglar. I have brave sim and mean sim in my household. Both go for fight against burglars.:D
    Something I didn't know till now, though I expected it - if you invite a tattoo artist to move into your household, they become unemployed. I would assume the same happens with consignment store staff, etc. I have yet to try to see if it happens with firefighters (it would make sense for that to be the exception to the rule, at least if you have Ambitions installed).
  • Deshong04Deshong04 Posts: 4,278 Member
    It's like the game loves throwing wrenches into the works. Though it does keep the game fresh.

So I found out why my female Sim ignores male advances. Welp, no passing down genetics then and that is annoying for me as a family-oriented player. Interesting how the Sim A.I. chooses without any player intervention.

That explains why a certain Sim didn't bother pursuing that route after a certain point, Yoshi on the other hand I suppose is a bit slow to learn, lol. Kind of reminds me of male V and Judy. :D Though that is what I saw on YouTube as there are quite a bit of different scenes since as male V I chose Panam...or rather Panam chose V since I let her make all the moves because otherwise it felt not right to me. Didn't want to give her the wrong impression which was easy to pick up on being female. I wonder if male players even cared or didn't catch on.

Anyway, not what I wanted to focus on.

Screenshot-1746.jpg

No wonder why Fatima wasn't fazed by her.
    Screenshot-1673.jpg

I wonder just how much more ambitious the A.I. could be. Fascinating but I don't think it will ever come to fruition unfortunately. Likely may be better suited for a brand new life simulator that is M-rated anyway.
    “What doesn't kill you makes you stronger
    Stand a little taller
    Doesn't mean I'm lonely when I'm alone
    What doesn't kill you makes a fighter
    Footsteps even lighter”
  • mw1525mw1525 Posts: 1,215 Member
    edited June 2021
    It's like the game loves throwing wrenches into the works.

Giant understatement of the century! This game loves figuring out what your goals may be and then, finding the most creative ways to ruin them! :(

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top