Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

OMG I'm soo happy

I just found my old xbox 360 and it still works 😯 happy days, I was wondering for anyone that's played the sims 3 on console what's it like ?

Comments

• eternalrainneternalrainn Posts: 373 Member
    I pulled mine out a few years ago and tried playing it but it was still a mess. CAS took forever to load, the lag was insane, build mode was impossible, and like it did all those years ago, crashed to home after like 30 minutes. I was never able to get that game to work sadly.
  • NikkihNikkih Posts: 1,758 Member
    I pulled mine out a few years ago and tried playing it but it was still a mess. CAS took forever to load, the lag was insane, build mode was impossible, and like it did all those years ago, crashed to home after like 30 minutes. I was never able to get that game to work sadly.

Ooh is it that laggy, that will be that then
    Nikkih wrote: »

You could still try it, maybe it will work for you. I've seen some screenshots of people playing it so maybe they just didn't stay in build mode too long, or maybe there's workarounds now to get it better optimized, I'm not too sure, I just never looked further into it. All I can say is I tried it on my Xbox 360 Slim and it was still unplayable for me unfortunately.
  • NikkihNikkih Posts: 1,758 Member

You could still try it, maybe it will work for you. I've seen some screenshots of people playing it so maybe they just didn't stay in build mode too long, or maybe there's workarounds now to get it better optimized, I'm not too sure, I just never looked further into it. All I can say is I tried it on my Xbox 360 Slim and it was still unplayable for me unfortunately.

I will buy it cheap second hand 😂
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,475 Member
    Sims 3 is laggy even on a gaming rig.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • StephenJHollowayStephenJHolloway Posts: 71 Member
    I just found my old xbox 360 and it still works 😯 happy days, I was wondering for anyone that's played the sims 3 on console what's it like ?

I love the Sims 3 on console! I was addicted and would literally rush home from work to play. I couldn't put it down.
  • StephenJHollowayStephenJHolloway Posts: 71 Member
    edited May 2021

I never had those issue but I was on PlayStation

Edit: I did have those issues on the Sims 3 pets but that was a standalone game
  • APottsAPotts Posts: 2,448 Member
    It has been awhile, and I believe I was playing on PS3 and not my 360, but I remember running into a horrible bug that would not allow me to save my game. I don't believe it was ever fixed either, which is why I moved over to Sims 3 on PC, and will never touch another Sims game on any console.
  • Monda76Monda76 Posts: 50 Member
    I play on PC it’s fun ;)
    APotts wrote: »
    It has been awhile, and I believe I was playing on PS3 and not my 360, but I remember running into a horrible bug that would not allow me to save my game. I don't believe it was ever fixed either, which is why I moved over to Sims 3 on PC, and will never touch another Sims game on any console.

All of the sims games on console until TS3 worked great, TS3 was just horrible. I remember the save bug too, it would just crash the game if you tried saving. All of the items in CAS would take forever to load and scroll through, and I swear at most I'd get like 15 fps lol. Just activating build mode took like 45 seconds to engage. I tried different discs, wiping and resetting the entire console fresh, doing all updates available, nothing. I was surprised when I tried again not that long ago only to find they never fixed the issues with it.
  • SnowBnuuySnowBnuuy Posts: 1,768 Member
    I used to love TS3 on my XBox 360, but I recall there being long loading times and savefile crashes. Then again, my TS3 on PC is exactly the same.
    they/them or she/her
  • Paulmarch76Paulmarch76 Posts: 56 Member
    A few months ago I borrowed my nephew's PS3 in exchange for my Xbox One so I could play Sims 3. They have closed the exchange witch makes create a style load a LOT faster. the trophies "But it's Inflammable!", "Pyromaniac", & "Not Dead Yet" are glitched. I met the requirements to get these but the trophies never popped.
    Grease is the word!