Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Your Sims 5 make or break features

king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
edited March 2022 in Off Topic Chat
What would make you buy the game or just put you off?

Make
Open world
Realistic life like Sims
Multiple life stages with some gradual aging
CASt
CAW built in
Cars that you can actually drive in
Busy and I mean BUSY community lots
Fully fleshed out features

Break
Compulsory online gameplay
Compulsory updates
Closed world
Gender neutral Sims
Scripted game player
Restrictive building tools
No world building or editing
Simbourne
screenshot_original.jpg
Post edited by EA_Cade on

Comments

• king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    Break
    Online multiplayer with no offline single player option.

That one's a dealbreaker for me. So if that's what it is, no amount of other great features will entice me to play.

I think that would be a deal breaker for a lot of people. TS5 could have some really good features but if it includes that then it is a no from me
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • lori171957lori171957 Posts: 233 Member
    Break

That one's a dealbreaker for me. So if that's what it is, no amount of other great features will entice me to play.

Me too.
  • fruitsbasket101fruitsbasket101 Posts: 1,530 Member
    Break

Same.
    Have a super fantastic awesome splendid amazing day! -TheQxxn
  • BookBearBookBear Posts: 488 Member
    edited May 2021

Gender neutral Sims
    @king_of_simcity7
    Do you mean all sims gender-neutral or do you just have a problem with that being an option?
    Post edited by BookBear on
    Offering free hugs for your time of need.
    8763f1fcdeee963323782673c8c95eee.gif
  • Mizzila1297Mizzila1297 Posts: 620 Member
    Maker:
    Open World
    Swimmable Water
    Seasons Included in Base Game
    More Family Relationships (Great-Aunt, Great-Great-Grandmother, etc.)
    Multiplayer Online And Via Lan*
    Cars
    Babies Count as SIMS not OBJECTS (PLEASE?)
    Running a Business From Your Home Lot
    More Common Careers (Less that would require a degree IRL!)
    (ABSOLUTE DREAM HERE...) Social Platform like TS3 has/had, where you can share everything right there and befriend other players and share your stories really easily BUT with all the glitches and kinks ironed out!

Breaker:
    Forced Online-Play and Online-Only Features. I don't want to be excluded thanks to season pass, game pass, subscription or lootbox content. Especially if it's limited time items.
    No Open World
    No CC/Mod Support
    Subscription Fees IN ADDITION to Buying Expansions
    Forced/Pre-Set Stories/Quests (The Sims FreePlay and Mobile are for that, tbh)

*Multiplayer done right. No forced online play, no MMO-style play. Instead, it being more like games like Minecraft and Satisfactory with their private online match/LAN connections. Think S4MP, but actually implemented INTO the game from the start. And this means not being forced into having to have an internet connection to play, keep all the single player aspects Simmers have come to know and love!

This is just all in my opinion. When the time comes, if they've done things right, I can't say I would 100% NEVER buy the game... But we'll cross that bridge when we get there.
  • Ray_TraceRay_Trace Posts: 509 Member
    Make
    If I can recreate my Sims like in Sims 3 and Sims 4. The CAS I'm hoping would be a massive upgrade.
    Return of Create-a-Style
    Open world like in Sims 3
    Improvements from build/buy mode from Paralives implemented, allowing for deeper customization
    Multiplayer that allows me to optionally play with my sister.
    Extensive mod support like an MCC Commander center look-alike for starters.
    More gender options for the Sims.

Break
    ALWAYS ONLINE. If the game has it, I will not buy it, period. SimCity was a disaster and one of the games I enjoyed, Darkspore, is no longer playable because o fit.
    Microtransactions! Stay away from the Sims! The Sims 4 even mocks it but would become hypocritical of the game itself contains them!
    Lootboxes! Stay extra far away from the Sims!
    No mod support.

Not listing smaller stuff here, these are the big ones.
    A1hnP0t.png
  • Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,584 Member
    A game I enjoy playing.
  • AnisEB97AnisEB97 Posts: 21 Member
    [b]Make[/b]
    Offline mode obviously
    Open neighborhoods at the very least
    A robust personality system
    A less sloppy emotion system
    More customization when it comes to hair and home designs (the return of Create A Style would be awesome).
    Less cartoony/over-the-top expressions like smiling all the time.

[b]Break[/b]
    An unfinished feeling launch version (*scoff scoff*)
    Exclusively online mode
    Closed off neighborhoods
    Pay to win type stuff
    A bad personality system (I don't need another game where sims I control feel like clones from eachother).
    Lack of world edit tools
    No wants system
  • king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    BookBear wrote: »

Gender neutral Sims
    @king_of_simcity7
    Do you mean all sims gender-neutral or do you just have a problem with that being an option?

How can it be an option?
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • BookBearBookBear Posts: 488 Member
    BookBear wrote: »

Gender neutral Sims
    @king_of_simcity7

How can it be an option?

I mean when you select a sims gender having the option for male, female, or other.
    Offering free hugs for your time of need.
    8763f1fcdeee963323782673c8c95eee.gif
  • ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    Make
    All life stages
    Color wheel
    Sims with personality who have wants and fears who react with emotions with actual animations to go along with them not just a icon
    World editor or CAW
    Cars
    Open neighborhood with at least 10 lots in larger worlds with at least 40 lots

Break
    Online game
    Pandering
    Community lots being designed like Sims 4 where the player is limited to 1 type of lot be it a park restaurant bar or any other combo I should be able to create and run any or all types on 1 lot.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • Ana__AndreaAna__Andrea Posts: 14 New Member
    Make
    Open neighborhood
    All life stages done properly
    Sims 4 kind of čas and build mode, but better
    Online but with option for single player
    Brake
    Open world
    Color wheel
    Only multiplayer
  • KelvinKelvin Posts: 6,899 Member
    Break:
    • Sims denied in-game amenities access (such as a toilet) when your internet’s gone just a teeny bit berserk.
    • EA using new, unconventional woohoo locations as DLC sales gimmicks and attempting to promote questionable, unsafe dumpster woohoo.
    • Reintroduction of S4 style-kits add ons. (Purge this 💩)
    • Introducing spaceships/bicycles/cannibalistic cow-plants but not cars.
    • Leaving out any more stuff from the basegame using the lame-llama-bum excuse of: “Performance concern” like they pulled in 2014.

Yeah, just a few I think of now.
    chicken-run-ginger-i-just-decided-i-dont-care-idc-gif-20619284.gif
    ._.
  • InuMiroLoverInuMiroLover Posts: 1,184 Member
    Break

Same.

No single player experience? Im gone. No buy. I also dont want to be missing out on any experience just by playing single player only. For example there's an event NPC that comes to your sim's home with a unique item but you need multiplayer to participate. No. I do not want to feel punished by choosing not to play with other people.
  • ArchivistArchivist Posts: 4,375 Member
    Make
    • those weird accents from The Sims 1
    • open world that doesn't crumble to desktop if you move the camera slightly too fast or exhale once out of rhythm at the center of your monitor
    • Create-a-Style, color wheel thingy, etc.
    • single-player only, but your Sims of all ages can play The Sims Social together to remind player why no multiplayer
    • cute loading screen messages when you start game, then no other loading screens
    • if more loading screens, then ones like The Sims 2 that distract you with random-generated, high-quality images of your own Sims, for as creators we are like vain cartoon characters, easily placated by mirrors or images that tout our own greatness to us
    • more funny hats
    • multiplayer but with turrets
    9d9hOnJ.png
  • lovemy4slovemy4s Posts: 153 Member
    My two biggest breaks for me would be no open world or no option to play offline. I don’t want to play with other people (I like playing god) and if it doesn’t provide an open world concept it would just be another sims 4 fiasco in my opinion (what would be the point in transitioning and having to wait years for the things that we already have in 4?). For open world, I would be open to having only certain areas completely open and then traveling to different areas would require a loading screen. For example, the districts in CL, I could go to my neighbors and surrounding lots without having a loading screen but in order to travel to the fashion district I would need a loading screen to get tho that open neighborhood.
  • ThriorThrior Posts: 612 Member
    edited May 2021
    Break

Yup. Same for me. Forced multiplayer is something I do not need or want in my Sims games. I would be out immediately if this happened. I'd also most likely be out if it was the case of "singleplayer exists but we'll punish you for sticking with it cuz you can only get goodies by playing multiplayer". Kinda like the original state of Mass Effect 3 which forced you to play multiplayer in order to get the best ending (they later changed it). No thank you.

The other would be: No CC/mod support.
    Getting rid of CC/mods would be one of the stupidest thing to do since they are one of the major reasons keeping the community active. I think the only case in which this might happen is tied to forced multiplayer. Because when sharing game space with other people, implementing mods would become highly problematic. But let's say that for some bizarre reason the game has singleplayer but they still decided to remove the ability to download CC/mods... that would be another deal breaker to me. I might not always even use that much CC/mods but I love the option to tweak little things plus they offer plenty of ways to extend the longevity of my game when/if I grow bored.

• jcp011c2jcp011c2 Posts: 10,859 Member
    edited May 2021
    Biggest one for me. If Sims 5 is multiplayer ONLY, It's a hard hard hard pass for me. If it's multiplayer focused but has singleplayer I'll consider it. It's absolutely my own and only absolute dealbreaker.

The biggest drawbacks for Sims 4 from 3 were the removal of the open world and Create a Style- much more so the color wheel/palette for me as opposed to the patterns. Sims 5 must have either at least a open neighborhood concept with 5-6 lots typically that are just like open world, or they must bring back the color wheel or at least a color palette of some basic colors for all items WE can choose. I'd prefer the color wheel/palette but if they gave us both of these things that would definitely pique my interest.

Weather. It's time for weather to be in the Sims base game. I'm not asking for all types of seasonal activities but at least some rainy or snowy days. Practically every other simulator game out there has basic weather and a lot of RPGS do as well. Weather is a basic component of the environment in real life . It's time for that to be reflected in the Sims series as well, from base game up.

While we're at it, it's probably time to bring dogs and cats to the base game too. I have no interested in paying for a 5th edition of pets when I have the last three editions I can play.

If Sims 5 base game has basic weather, basic pets, a color palette and open neighborhood and is single player friendly, I'm buying. I'll support it. But it's got to have all of these things for it to be a definite purchase. Otherwise I'll think about it, but won't say no right up front, so long of course it has the single player component. I cannot stress enough the importance of that.
    It's kind of sad that I have to point out that anything I say is only just my opinion and may be a different one from someone else.
  • OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 4,973 Member
    Make: a decent game that embodies the best from the prior versions. Break: online - the very nature of the game demands that play be private off line
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited May 2021
    Break: Online all the time.
    Cloud Saves Only
    Server Worlds
    Multiplay of any sort even if a singleplayer side. One would out weigh the other, that stands to reason.
    Linear, Scripted Play. I want Sandbox completely, don't even want to see something like SV scripts.
    Competition between players to gain rewards for Players. I want a game about Sims not players.
    Online challenges and promotions of one Simmer over the other...like favoring and promoting..no.
    Teacher's pets..no.
    Redundant gameplay based upon collecting for rewards...No.
    Microtransactions...No, period.
    Levels of careers and or skills (TS0) having to be gained in a server world in semi scripted field..no.
    Marketplace...NO.
    Social Media push to push people into social media settings in order to be able to do something within the
    game..No.
    Subscriptions..No.
    One family/Household play only (like the TS2 story packs) No, no, no.

Any of these things present in the game is a big fat No. Doesn't even have to be more than One of these, it will still be a no.

Edit to add: Note I don't have any written in stone requirements...like open or closed world, color wheel, etc. etc. I'm open to anything except what I said would break the deal. :D
    Post edited by Cinebar on
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • SimsLady2000SimsLady2000 Posts: 1,236 Member
    Break

Agreed. This would be my only dealbreaker for me also.
    The Sims is NOT a game, it's a lifestyle choice.

My Plumbob is GREEN today :D
  • rjssimrjssim Posts: 1,335 Member
    The only things that would break it for me are if it's a 100% multiplayer (with no offline option) and a linear scripted game.
  • PlumbeebPlumbeeb Posts: 619 Member
    Make:
    • Offline / Single player
    • Colour wheel
    • Features that were patched in at a later date in TS4 (such as swimming pools) ship as standard in the base game for TS5
    • Refining the push and pull features in CAS (such as the option to make facial features not be symmetrical)
    • High resolution textures, immersive lighting and a clean user interface

Break:
    • Always online
    • Multiplayer

With regards to multiplayer, I don't mind the idea of co-op gameplay so long as its optional and by invite only. Aside from that, I really dislike any other multiplayer ideas and I hope that the next iteration wont head in that direction.
    Sims 4 Wish List:
    • > Option to toggle on/off random townie generation.
    • > Turn vacation worlds into residential worlds.
    • > Option to purchase separate worlds or a world pack.
    • > Sleepwear kit.
    • > Atomic age kit.
  • Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,431 Member
    edited May 2021
    I have a huge list! After suffering through almost 7 years of TS4 and missing things that I was used to in the older games, I'm ready to have those things back with updated graphics.

MAKE:
    • Open World (Or at least Open Neighborhoods with no loading screens to go to the lot next door to my sim)
    • Color Wheel/CASt (that is one of the things I have missed greatly, I don't like happy, bright colors and EA's choice of swatches is sometimes downright hideous!)
    • Editable Neighborhoods, No fake houses at all, unless we can deleted and build on those lots.
    • Ability to build our own apartments (If a DLC is released with Apartments)
    • Multi-functional lots (I should be able to create any type of lot I want .... if I want to build a laundromat/bar, gameroom each aspect of that area should attract NPCs and function correctly.
    • Larger worlds with more lots, I'm tired of the tiny worlds with only a handful of lots available to build on
    • All Lifestages in game at release
    • Less Cartoony Graphics (I don't need ultra-realistic, but I'm tired of feeling I'm playing in a game for a 6 year old)
    • Less clunky/chunky meshes with more detail and not just painted on details (I'm a Build/Buy CC Creator so I know that you can make stylish meshes and keep the poly count within their limits because I do it all the time)
    • Keep it Sandboxy without scripted goals and gameplay

BREAK:
    • MULTI-PLAYER/ONLINE ONLY (I can go back to Second Life if I want to be annoyed by other people)
    • Subscription Service (I don't play regularly enough to justify spending a monthly fee)
    • No Mod/CC Support
    • No Open World/Neighborhoods (Why would I go back to that when I could just stay with TS4 and not pay any more money for the same thing)
    • No Colorwheel/CAST (Again, if they're sticking with the swatch system, I will be just as frustrated with their non-matching objects as I am now)
    • No option to modify worlds/neighborhoods from released date to what I want them be (No need to move on if I'm going to be forced to once again Play With Life in a world they chose)

Wishes/Wants But Not A Game Breaker:
    • Teens that have a distinct difference in looks to know they're a teen, Must be shorter than adults
    • Attraction System (Likes/Dislikes, Wants/Fears, etc)