Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Things you didn't know!

Comments

• Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    @JustMeAlb As someone who starts out just about every game/challenge Rags to Riches style, this is a wonderful tip! I probably won't use it much though because I try to make it as challenging as possible for my R2R Sims, but it's nice to know when I'm playing a bit more lax with them or they get desperate for a meal. Thanks! :)
  • EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,927 Member
    I just remembered something about Get to Work.

The neon signs that come with this expansion pack can break. When that happens, it flickers and sims can laugh at it (it's a seperate interaction alongside repairing).
  • mlnov39mlnov39 Posts: 2,294 Member
    edited May 2021
    I didn't know my married Sims had the option to make out in the closet.
    n5iHTwE.png?1
    HuYe87F.png?1
  • LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,594 Member
    Noticed self-absorbed sims like to autonomously freshen up in the mirror.
    5vJrxmT.png
  • OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    Did you know - the Sims 3 has a Bob Ross face painting booth

Screenshot-72.jpg
    Onverser wrote: »

Screenshot-72.jpg

Cool fact, but as this discussion is in The Sims 4 category, let's keep the focus on that.

Fortunately, you can share this find in this discussion: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/917439/sims-3-things-you-didnt-know/p42
    So those who want to see more fun facts about The Sims 3, this discussion has a lot of them to find.

Ok then. Back to The Sims 4!
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member

Screenshot-72.jpg

I love that :)
  • OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    edited May 2021
    EgonVM wrote: »

Screenshot-72.jpg

Cool fact, but as this discussion is in The Sims 4 category, let's keep the focus on that.

Fortunately, you can share this find in this discussion: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/917439/sims-3-things-you-didnt-know/p42
    So those who want to see more fun facts about The Sims 3, this discussion has a lot of them to find.

Actually OP never said you can only discuss 4 here, the title is just "things you didn't know" not "things you didn't know in the Sims 4". Just shared it as it's an interesting sims feature I didn't know about, but I'll make sure to use the other thread in future for anything 3 related if it bothers you so much seeing one post out of 8800 on it. :)
  • Ana__AndreaAna__Andrea Posts: 14 New Member
    I didn't know until recently that if you click on roof, then press ctrl+c you get two more of those arows for adjusting. Also freez ray is great for extinguishing stuff and Sims
  • JustMeAlbJustMeAlb Posts: 371 Member
    If you discover a new fish through Examine Water it counts towards the 20 types of fish you need at the end of the Angling Ace aspiration even if you don't actually catch that fish. Last night I discovered the last 5 types of fish I needed to complete the aspiration by just examining the water at different places. Traveled to just about every fishing spot available to me (base game + Windenburg), but still took a LOT less time than if I actually caught them all.
    The cake is a lie
  • ThheFornicatorThheFornicator Posts: 27 Member
    How do I disable glitter effect on floor?
    I move where my heart takes me.. I am not bound to anything.

Screenshot-72.jpg

Actually OP never said you can only discuss 4 here, the title is just "things you didn't know" not "things you didn't know in the Sims 4". Just shared it as it's an interesting sims feature I didn't know about, but I'll make sure to use the other thread in future for anything 3 related if it bothers you so much seeing one post out of 8800 on it. :)

Well, it is true... But thanks for cooperation anyways.

I thought you were confused, but hey, it's great to have a little break from time to time.
  • Angie1301Angie1301 Posts: 90 Member

Screenshot-72.jpg

Well, it is true... But thanks for cooperation anyways.

I thought you were confused, but hey, it's great to have a little break from time to time.

Are you a mod?
    No one has any idea on how to disable the glitter/shine/twinkle effect on floor that happens at intervals?
  • elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,518 Member
    No one has any idea on how to disable the glitter/shine/twinkle effect on floor that happens at intervals?

If you mean the sparkles from Dust the Bust, then no there isn't a way in game. You can use a mod, zero has a link to one that will remove the twinkles but I cannot link to zero as it is an 18+ site so you will have to google it.
    > @elanorbreton said:
    > If you mean the sparkles from Dust the Bust, then no there isn't a way in game. You can use a mod, zero has a link to one that will remove the twinkles but I cannot link to zero as it is an 18+ site so you will have to google it.

Thanks for your help. I will Google it.
    Space Rocks just might be the easiest collection to complete, was doing Explore Space in rapid succession to max the Rocket Science skill when I unexpectedly got the message I had completed my Space Rocks collection. There is only four items in this collection. Sure it costs quite a bit, 5000 for the rocket plus 1000 to build it (and another 1000 to rebuild each time you crash), but it completed far quicker than any of the other collections I've attempted.
    The cake is a lie
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,708 Member
    My sims have all been getting the poorly decorated moodlet even though they're living in a beautifully decorated home. Or at least I think it's beautifully decorated. :p It was driving me crazy. I have UI Cheats installed so I was constantly clicking away the negative moodlet. Did a Google search and discovered there is an option to turn off environmental effects. In game options you can disable "build mode items grant gameplay effects." I'm sure everyone else knows this. :D
    edited May 2021
    My sims have all been getting the poorly decorated moodlet even though they're living in a beautifully decorated home. Or at least I think it's beautifully decorated. :p It was driving me crazy. I have UI Cheats installed so I was constantly clicking away the negative moodlet. Did a Google search and discovered there is an option to turn off environmental effects. In game options you can disable "build mode items grant gameplay effects." I'm sure everyone else knows this. :D

I always get that at the Windenburg swimming pool, but the problem goes away when I replace the default drywall texture of the outside wall surfaces of the basement level. My sims shouldn't be able to see that but it tweaks them anyways.

My second guess would be roofs of multiple parts where a default drywall surface ended up hidden.

None of my sims seem to be bothered by default concrete floors.
    The cake is a lie
  • mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,807 Member
    Don't know if this is new, or just new to me, but I'd not seen this dazed smitten moodlet before. It's adorable
    not-seen-this-before.png

I had not seen THIS before either :o
    not-seen-this-before-either.png

And this came out of nowhere...
    hot-dog.png

gen3-banner.png
  • NushnushganayNushnushganay Posts: 9,418 Member
    Don't know if this is new, or just new to me, but I'd not seen this dazed smitten moodlet before. It's adorable
    not-seen-this-before.png

I had not seen THIS before either :o
    not-seen-this-before-either.png

And this came out of nowhere...
    hot-dog.png

Love that smitten one, hadn't seen it!

And the "Discuss Conquests" is an interaction exclusive to Sims with the Bro trait.

here's one I found out recently: a Sim can try to Jump Into Arms, but the other Sim can go "nuh-uh!" and pull back, so the jumper falls on the floor instead! At least, in Sims3.
    Racism is EVERYONE's fight #BLM #StopAsianHate
    Let's make Liberty and Justice For All a reality.

xicwqMCm.jpg
  • Lucy_HenleyLucy_Henley Posts: 2,943 Member
    LadyKyn wrote: »
    Reminder that children get pretty disgusted when their parent(s) are kissing in the same room as them. :p

I accidentally had a kid walk into the room where his parents were WooHooing... he got an Embarrassed moodlet :D

I’ve not had a Sim attend the Figure Painting event before, until my last play session. The model for this session was Darrel Charm. I have a pretty good screenshot of my Sim painting the exact pose that he’s doing at that moment.
  • TTNsimmerTTNsimmer Posts: 669 Member
    There is a cave in the summit of mt Komorebi. Apart from the one in croft icefall. I probably was the only person who hasnt seen that from the beginning.
  • mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,807 Member
    And here is what happens if you successfully have a "Discuss conquests" conversation :D
    conquests.png

gen3-banner.png
  • VeeDubVeeDub Posts: 1,862 Member
    I never realized that moods affect the color and shape of the lazer pointer that sims can use to play with cats. This guy was still in a flirty mood after his lover left in the wee hours, and he went outside to quiet this stray's mewling so he get some could sleep. Result: some heart-shaped pointer play.

An8Dgai.png
    FYI: Just because you can see my signature, don't assume that I can see yours.
    Because I can't; I keep all sigs turned off. ;)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top