Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do You Have Access To The Sims 2?

Comments

• GirlFromIpanemaGirlFromIpanema Posts: 843 Member
    Yes
    I have it and some packs on disc that I slowly collected a few years ago from second hand shops. I had it on GameCube when it first came out, but that's not quite the same. :smile:
  • SimmerGeorgeSimmerGeorge Posts: 2,724 Member
    Yes
    Got that deal from EA's customer service if you post a picture of the disc and product code RIGHT BEFORE they officially said they were going to stop doing that. Funny story about it too, I was having technical difficulties getting the picture of my disc to send to the customer service rep so after a while the rep said "You know what, it clearly looks like you're a big fan of the Sims so here you go" and sent me the digital code. I'm convinced I was the straw that broke the camel's back with that deal.

I should just have faked that scenario...

@CAPTAIN_NXR7 You totally should have lied. I actually was on holiday when I asked for the UC and didn't have any of the discs. I told them I'm not gonna be at home for the next 4 weeks so I can't provide them with pictures of my discs. They still gave me the game though, they believed me somehow.
    Where's my Sims 5 squad at?
  • CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,457 Member
    edited May 2021
    Got that deal from EA's customer service if you post a picture of the disc and product code RIGHT BEFORE they officially said they were going to stop doing that. Funny story about it too, I was having technical difficulties getting the picture of my disc to send to the customer service rep so after a while the rep said "You know what, it clearly looks like you're a big fan of the Sims so here you go" and sent me the digital code. I'm convinced I was the straw that broke the camel's back with that deal.

@CAPTAIN_NXR7 You totally should have lied. I actually was on holiday when I asked for the UC and didn't have any of the discs. I told them I'm not gonna be at home for the next 4 weeks so I can't provide them with pictures of my discs. They still gave me the game though, they believed me somehow.

Oh FFS. 😭😭😭

ETA: If I learned anything from this thread it's that I'm undeniably stoopid...
    Post edited by CAPTAIN_NXR7 on
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    Yes
    I have UC but it's uninstalled rn. My favourite way of playing is legacies, so i prefer open world with story progression. I'm also not attached to sims 2 because it's the iteration i played less of all because i was busy with life by then. Too much work, had my child...
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,913 Member
    Yes
    Yes, I tried it yesterday via Origin but the screen is 800x600 and I get those black shadows again. I can't find a way now to change the resolution as it's all changed in the Origin files under C:\Program Files (x86). If someone knows how to change it I'd be grateful as the Sims are a bit squashed! It's always been more fun than Sims 3.

Sims Medieval at least allows me the resolution I want even though it doesn't recognize my video card but I find it difficult to read the messages now, too small. None of the old games really work properly with Windows 10 on the latest laptops with advanced resolutions.
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited May 2021
    Yes
    Simburian wrote: »
    Yes, I tried it yesterday via Origin but the screen is 800x600 and I get those black shadows again. I can't find a way now to change the resolution as it's all changed in the Origin files under C:\Program Files (x86). If someone knows how to change it I'd be grateful as the Sims are a bit squashed! It's always been more fun than Sims 3.

Sims Medieval at least allows me the resolution I want even though it doesn't recognize my video card but I find it difficult to read the messages now, too small. None of the old games really work properly with Windows 10 on the latest laptops with advanced resolutions.

You follow the same instructions as before just within some things may have to be done inside the Origin Game/EA Games/ The Sims 2 UC files like the Graphic Rule Maker can find those files for you. Instead of doing it manually yourself. It's the same difference just located in Origin Games files rather than Just EA Games in the Program files.

Poll question: Yes and all the discs.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • SimmerGeorgeSimmerGeorge Posts: 2,724 Member
    Yes

@Simburian There are tons of tutorials out there. You can play in whatever resolution you want and you can fix the shadows. Just google Sims 2 UC "resolution fix" and "shadows fix". Takes a few minutes and then you're all set.
    Where's my Sims 5 squad at?
  • WaytoomanyUIDsWaytoomanyUIDs Posts: 844 Member
    edited May 2021
    Yes
    @Simburian Although some people have issues with it, IMO Graphics Rules Maker https://www.simsnetwork.com/tools/graphics-rules-maker is still the easiest and best way to add your graphics card to the database and allow you to use higher resolutions and advanced graphics. As for the black shadow squares, there is a mod on MTS to fix them.
    Origin/Gallery ID: WaytoomanyUIDs
  • EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,935 Member
    Yes
    Both UC and discs.

So I can play with all the expansion packs or the version where sims can die by no reason and you can build a pool so it goes under a wall. No need for doors if you have a pool getting you indoors, eh?
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    Yes
    @Simburian Although some people have issues with it, IMO Graphics Rules Maker https://www.simsnetwork.com/tools/graphics-rules-maker is still the easiest and best way to add your graphics card to the database and allow you to use higher resolutions and advanced graphics. As for the black shadow squares, there is a mod on MTS to fix them.

The GRM can remove those shadows under Sims, too. I didn't have to do anything to fix that when I applied the fixes of the GRM to the TS2UC.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • lisamwittlisamwitt Posts: 5,094 Member
    edited May 2021
    Yes
    Umbreon12 wrote: »
    I don't have the Ultimate Collection, because when I became aware of it, it was no longer available to download, plus what I read was that you would have to pay monthly to use Origin.

I don't know who was spreading that around, but they've never required a monthly fee for Sims. If they ever do, I'm done.

I have UC on a windows partition. I also have some disks, but I'd registered all of them on EA Downloader, so I gave some of the disks away. Came back to bite me when they switched over to Origin and some of the packs disappeared. I had to fight with customer service to get them back, and there were a couple they couldn't give me because they'd merged packs. I was livid. Needless to say, I was thrilled when UC appeared in my library. I'll be sad when it disappears for good, because I have no doubt it will eventually.
    Gallery ID: LadyGray01
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,913 Member
    Yes

I've checked that out and still cannot find that it applies to the new Origin update of Sims Ultimate. Did they mod it with that?
  • Sunflowergal227Sunflowergal227 Posts: 305 Member
    Yes
    I use the discs and for some reason the sims 2 store edition is on my origin. maybe possibly could get UC because of that. But atlas, at least i use the discs and play from time to time.
    Favorite EP/SP
    Sims 2 (All EPs/SPs)
    Sims 3 Showtime
    Sims 3 Generations
    My Sims 3 profile page: https://mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/Sunflowergal227
  • drakharisdrakharis Posts: 1,478 Member
    Yes and no but I'd like to. If I'm using my laptop I can play Sims 2. It's kind of ancient so I can use disks to play Sims 2 on it. I wish I could play it on PC though but cannot because when I try I have issues with Windows 10.
    Playtesting - not just tabletop games and card games any more. Really that should have been playtested in Beta and not [img]just with accounting and marketing but actual players. https://i.imgur.com/t48COW6.jpg[/img]
  • lisamwittlisamwitt Posts: 5,094 Member
    Yes

I've checked that out and still cannot find that it applies to the new Origin update of Sims Ultimate. Did they mod it with that?

The graphics rules maker file never worked for me. I googled what I needed to change and changed it myself, then saved a copy of the new file to my desktop.
    Gallery ID: LadyGray01
  • hymnhehimhymnhehim Posts: 518 Member
    Yes
    I play Ultimate Collection every once in a while for fun, it's something different than 4.
    Hey, I'm Milo (he/him)! I love The Sims 4, and I've been playing it since December of 2020. My Sims bestie and forums bestie is Gonnawin1111, aka V.
  • WrenryWrenry Posts: 960 Member
    Yes
    I still go back to it every once in awhile for Asylum challenges because Sims in 2 haven’t learned that the toilet can be sat on when looking for a seat to eat a meal unlike their Sims 4 cousins. :D
  • Calico45Calico45 Posts: 2,038 Member
    Yes
    I say yes because I have all my old disks, but I missed the Origin give out and wish I could have it there so it was easier to install and play.
  • SkyrryxSkyrryx Posts: 201 Member
    Yes
    I still have my old disc and I use some mods to avoid hood corruption and replace skin colors, eyes and hair (from peppermint & ginger). I play a megahood with all the premades.
    Thank you @83bienchen for modding the game. Whims Overhaul is essential for my gameplay.
  • FigwitFigwit Posts: 1,072 Member
    Yes
    I have the disks and I have the Ultimate Collection and the Super Collection (for the Mac). I also have Life Stories and Castaway. You could say I am swimming in Sims 2. :) I don't play any of them these days though. Maybe one day I will get around to seeking out all the mods and cc that I long ago lost, but not today.
  • SweetieWright_84SweetieWright_84 Posts: 4,128 Member
    Yes
    I downloaded it for the first time when it was on Origin for free a few years ago. Until then, I had never played it. I started with TS3.
    Gallery ID: SweetieWright_84--Save File Thread--Youtube Channel
  • WaytoomanyUIDsWaytoomanyUIDs Posts: 844 Member
    Yes

It works on the newer version of the UC where they moved everything about for me, and they've just released an update for it too. Try it and see.
    Origin/Gallery ID: WaytoomanyUIDs
  • BluegayleBluegayle Posts: 4,184 Member
    Yes
    Yes and both. I use the UC for the convenience as my discs are packed away. I do have the Sims as well but uninstalled and discs packed away as well. I'm not as young as I used to be. Keeping up with all 4 makes me tired just thinking about it. LOL
    "Every child matters. If we fail our children, we are bound to fail our present, our future, faith, cultures, and civilizations as well."
    ZO6GpFg.jpg

AHQ Champion
  • pinneduphairpinneduphair Posts: 918 Member
    edited May 2021
    Yes
    Yes, I got the Ultimate Collection for free back when they were still offering it. I've only played it for 2 hours or so, though. It tends to crash after about an hour, and I haven't had a strong enough urge to play it to take the time to figure out if/how I can stop the crashing.

Lol, in my case, I didn't technically fake it, but I started a chat with customer support and said "Is The Sims 2 available anywhere?" (with the aim that they might just give it to me... but I wanted to be subtle ;) ) and the guy went and to talked to a supervisor then came back and said "I'm going to add it to your account for you now." It was amazing.
  • TheStarrSimmerTheStarrSimmer Posts: 206 Member
    No but I'd like to.
    I use to, but sadly It doesn't work on my new laptop...so I had to uninstall it...lucky for me, 2 months later TS4 went on sale 80% off, so while I lost TS2, I gained the TS4.
    Snap_5bFm8Er5qd514231703.png