Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Anybody Else Have White Babies With a Black Baby Avatar?

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    troshalomtroshalom Posts: 1,095 Member
    HeidiGrrrl wrote: »
    This has happened to me a number of times now since the supposed "fix" of the genetics with the new skin tones. The baby object itself is the correct skin color, but the avatar is wrong. I know there are only three "colors" of babies (light, medium, dark), since they're OBJECTS, and not really Sims, but white Sims should have white babies, and they do, but why is the avatar a black baby? I noticed this after Paranormal Stuff, but it could have been there since the skin tone fix because I haven't had any Sims have babies since then. It's not a really big deal, but still something that should be fixed.

No @HeidiGrrrl but aliens seem to always have black baby avatars.

wocka wocka wockaWho gave that puppy asparagus?please do not send me private messages - they creep me out 🤢🤮😱
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    ChadSims2 wrote: »
    They should fix this issue by making babies real Sims with more than 4 skin tones.
    Yep why it is so important to make them a real life stage because baby genetics have always broken in the Sims 4 since the beginning of the game.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    Ersa_MiddletonErsa_Middleton Posts: 697 Member
    I don't have any of these issues since I stopped updating my game after I bought Snowy Escape.
  • Options
    LyrieLyrie Posts: 881 Member
    Kita5399 wrote: »
    @RedDestiny92
    The issue is that the babies only have like 4 skin tones, so with all the new variations for the parents they don’t always match (game tries to choose the closest tone). I find this happens often with the darker tan shades for the parents, then end up with a way too light or dark infant, but the toddler matches fine once aged up.

I have this same thing happen! Thank your explaining, it is a little shocking, my sim parents where on the warm category of skin color the first line of tones in fact, the dad was a bit tanner admitting but the actual sim baby (Not the portrait-though same prob as everyone else was that- ) the baby came out with the 3rd skintone instead of maybe the 1st or 2nd out of the 4types for babies.

Not anything too bad but it can look like a scandal a little.

When the baby grew up to a toddler, he was lighter matching more in-between the two parents.
  • Options
    AuroraskiesAuroraskies Posts: 1,834 Member
    I find this thread embarassing, because I can't imagine it would exist in my country, in a forum for teenagers and cute games; but instead would be of the kind you will find on racist pages and ignorate internet troll forums.

If you have an issue in the game, that isn't brought on by bad CC, non-updated mods, and ordinary user fault; it should be reported to the bug forum, not discussed in the general section of the social forum. This also to make sure that all information needed is getting to the QA team, and so can be utilized in the bug fixing process. The bug report have been linked already, early on in this thread, so any further findings should be taken there.

Now, I do understand that the bug forum is hard to navigate, and find, and understand, and often times feels pointless: the bug report in question is made in January and has 624 Me Too's; but that doesn't make this thread more palateble - for me at least. I can't find that any forum rules are broken though, yet, but I have it bookmarked.
  • Options
    JustinJustin Posts: 731 Member
    I find this thread embarassing, because I can't imagine it would exist in my country, in a forum for teenagers and cute games; but instead would be of the kind you will find on racist pages and ignorate internet troll forums.

If you have an issue in the game, that isn't brought on by bad CC, non-updated mods, and ordinary user fault; it should be reported to the bug forum, not discussed in the general section of the social forum. This also to make sure that all information needed is getting to the QA team, and so can be utilized in the bug fixing process. The bug report have been linked already, early on in this thread, so any further findings should be taken there.

Now, I do understand that the bug forum is hard to navigate, and find, and understand, and often times feels pointless: the bug report in question is made in January and has 624 Me Too's; but that doesn't make this thread more palateble - for me at least. I can't find that any forum rules are broken though, yet, but I have it bookmarked.

Lmao you okay sis?
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,127 Member
    I've notice the babies recently in my sims family have been giving birth to dark brown babies even thought the parents have skin tone is light to medium bronze or blue to purple. It's so weird.
  • Options
    NikkihNikkih Posts: 1,758 Member
    edited May 2021

Why do you think this thread is racist ? I'm confused, the poster of the thread posted this to discuss this bug, im sorry but why is it an issue?, it isn't supposed to happen just like if the baby was black with a white baby avatar, would you consider it racist if it was the other way around and someone posted it ?, I wouldn't, please don't assume that someone has horrible intentions
    Post edited by Nikkih on
  • Options
    DaraviDaravi Posts: 1,144 Member
    Nikkih wrote: »
    Why do you think this thread is racist ? I'm confused, the poster of the thread posted this to discuss this bug, im sorry but why is it an issue?, it isn't supposed to happen just like if the baby was a black with a white baby avatar, would you consider it racist if it was the other way around and someone posted it ?, I wouldn't, please don't assume that someone has horrible intentions

I think it's just trolling and derailing. The user is disagree with the topic and try to close it, but didn't found any reasons in the rules. That's all. Don't take this bait, you will only lose.
  • Options
    comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    I think there doing a baby update soon because something like this seems like it would be easy to fix where there is smoke there is fire
    they have updating babies in small ways know when you have babies at the hospital and you have more then one you get to see them both
    it wasn't like that before
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • Options
    WaytoomanyUIDsWaytoomanyUIDs Posts: 845 Member
    They are aware of this but it doesn't seem to be a priority, still you could always go onto AnswerHQ and click "I have this problem too" on the relevant bug report.
    Origin/Gallery ID: WaytoomanyUIDs
  • Options
    BitterBubblyBitterBubbly Posts: 70 Member
    I have this in my game, too. All baby avatars are dark skinned even if both parents are pale skinned. Any thumbnails in the library show dark skinned babies, too. The babies themselves have skin tones that match the parents in the actual game, but not in the in the avatars and thumbnails.
  • Options
    EA_LannaEA_Lanna Posts: 3,867 EA Community Manager
    HeidiGrrrl wrote: »
    This has happened to me a number of times now since the supposed "fix" of the genetics with the new skin tones. The baby object itself is the correct skin color, but the avatar is wrong. I know there are only three "colors" of babies (light, medium, dark), since they're OBJECTS, and not really Sims, but white Sims should have white babies, and they do, but why is the avatar a black baby? I noticed this after Paranormal Stuff, but it could have been there since the skin tone fix because I haven't had any Sims have babies since then. It's not a really big deal, but still something that should be fixed.

Hi @HeidiGrrrl,

We aren't equipped to track and support bugs from this forum. Please pop over to Answers HQ and open a bug report for this if there isn't one already up and going.

I'll close this thread in the meantime.

Thank you,

EA_Lanna
    • New Simmers, take a moment to read through this thread.
    • The Help Center is hosted on Answers HQ. Check out EA_Mage's thread on why.
    • Please post all Sims 4 Bug Reports, Technical and Gameplay issues in the AHQ Sims 4 Section.
    • Here is a quick link to The Sims forum rules
    oa2aib6yaucg.jpg

This discussion has been closed.
Return to top