Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Account Deletion

eufleufl Posts: 64 Member
edited May 2021 in Forum Ideas & Feedback
Cause nobody of the staff answered my question, when I wrote messages:

I want my forum´s account to be deleted. Please, is anybody able to do that? Thanks in advance!
Post edited by EA_Leeloo on

Comments

• BluegayleBluegayle Posts: 4,179 Member
    https://help.ea.com/en/contact-us/ Pretty sure this is where you can ask.
    "Every child matters. If we fail our children, we are bound to fail our present, our future, faith, cultures, and civilizations as well."
    ZO6GpFg.jpg

AHQ Champion
  • AuroraskiesAuroraskies Posts: 1,834 Member
    edited May 2021
    When making a post to EA Help, you are responded to by a person hired as customer service, usually placed in a country were the laws of labour are more lax and therefore cheaper. Subsequently the workers have no insight into the game, the forums or technical matters, and more often than not, the language of the forum, english.

I know that the managers of this forum does not tend to answer messages sent to them, because I have tried that once. I think one explanation is that they are very few and have a large area of responsibilities given to them by EA; and therefore uses the help from players to point them in a certain direction of focus. If there are no chosen players pointing in that direction, they don't look, so to speak. Maybe if you wait a while, and I mean more than a week, you will get an answer eventually.

I also suggest posting in the section for forum questions:
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/categories/ideas-feedback

I never see any Forum Managers post there though, so also try to post on the, active ones, 'wall'.

I don't know why you want to leave, but I have enjoyed your posts.

Edit: I wanted to find out which of the forum managers are active, but the only list I found was this:
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/922561/the-ea-community-forum-team-introducing-the-team-members#latest

It is quite old though, and several of them are listed as 'retired'. I hope someone else can find a more updated list.

A tip would be to look for closed threads, since the rule of "necroposting" is prioritized. The last post is from the active forum manager.
    Post edited by Auroraskies on
  • eufleufl Posts: 64 Member
    I asked a few times staff members but they don´t seem any need to answer me. So I ask here again: I wan´t my forum´s account deleted, and I want that as fast as possible.
    Not that much pleased by this behavior...
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    edited May 2021
    I once asked for my username to be changed and they took something like a month to answer. I think they have a lot of messages to answer and other responsabilities...
  • Calico45Calico45 Posts: 2,038 Member
    It seems like it will take a while if they will even get around to it at all. It may not be as satisfying, but why not just stop using the forums? No need to use it. I don't get alerts, but if you somehow do there has to be settings to change it. No reason you cannot just ignore it.
    edited May 2021
    As far as I know, the staff is there to do this work. I´ve asked them by using private messages, and I did it two times this way. It seems, that members of this forum aren´t worth to get an answer. That is a darn good reason for me to insist on them doing their work.

Again: I want my forum´s account deleted, and I am not amused about being ignored, and ignored, and ignored again.
  • Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    You should tag @EA_Lanna , @EA_Joz , @EA_Rtas , & @EA_Leeloo one of them can likely help you, but not until tomorrow. They don’t work weekends.
  • lisasc360lisasc360 Posts: 19,277 Member
    According to what EA_Leeloo has on her page from other request form others wanting to delete their account that it is impossible to do but you could sending her PM to discuss the details.

This here is a request from another member who asked for their account to be deleted:
    O2ZtrGAl.jpg
    lisasc360 wrote: »
    According to what EA_Leeloo has on her page from other request form others wanting to delete their account that it is impossible to do but you could sending her PM to discuss the details.

This here is a request from another member who asked for their account to be deleted:
    O2ZtrGAl.jpg

I asked her by sending a personal message. It seems, the staff doesn´t work at all. If it´s in their interest, they write messages, if it´s not, they do nothing. I am really not amused about that non behaviour, and at least I will call this forum, what it is, a not really moderated place, where the staff doesn´t work at all. Hate speech is tolerated here but a member, who wants to leave such an unfriendly place, gets ignored.

Should I write something, that could cause the consequence of getting banned? Again: I WANT TO LEAVE THIS UNBELIEVABLE UNFRIENDLY AND UNMODERATED FORUM. Heck, that is my right, to get my forum´s account deleted, if I want that.
    I agree that it is an unfriendly forum, unmoderated and that hate speech is tolerated here daily. I don't think a ban will be permanent though, they seem to want the posters to hang around, so the bans are only for short amounts of time periods. The idea of the forum is to make profit, an old idea from the start of the game iterations, as I have read; because talking about the game makes people play it more and therefore spend money on it, a marketing idea fit for the microtransactions that EA perfect with TS4. If the players are discouraged from posting, they make less money. I would guess this is why they accept the kind of threads and posts that would get banned elsewhere, in more moderated forums with a purpose of social gathering more than profit. It means that most posters that act calm do not stay here long, or adapt to the culture here, because of the harsh climate.

Also, law regulation of the use of personal information has not reached US, yet, and so when the moderators say that they can't close the accounts, I do believe them, for now. That doesn't mean I don't look for ways to report them for it, me being a european citizen protected by GDPR etc, at least in my own country. I would suggest reporting Electronic Arts to any organization you can think of, in your own country, and for anything you can think of, if for nothing else, just to channel some of that anger. You could start with customer agencies.
  • BluebellFloraBluebellFlora Posts: 7,110 Member
    eufl wrote: »
    I asked a few times staff members but they don´t seem any need to answer me. So I ask here again: I wan´t my forum´s account deleted, and I want that as fast as possible.
    Not that much pleased by this behavior...

When you signed up for an account you accepted EA's terms of service which state that forum posts form EA Content. EA Content is either owned by EA or its Licensors https://tos.ea.com/legalapp/WEBTERMS/US/en/PC#section3

You need to contact EA Customer Service to cancel your account (as stated in the ToS link):

You may cancel your EA Account or a subscription to an EA Service at any time by contacting EA's Customer Service Department at help.ea.com. To complete your request, EA may collect fees or costs incurred, if allowed by law, and any amounts owed to third-party vendors or content providers.

EA_Leeloo is not EA Customer Service, she is a Community Manager.
    apple-signature.png
  • GirlFromIpanemaGirlFromIpanema Posts: 843 Member
    edited May 2021
    I don't believe forum staff have the ability to delete your EA account. According to the EA TOS/User agreement (found at the bottom of the webpage) you need to contact EA Customer Services via https://help.ea.com/en/

I would suggest the following: Follow the link and click "contact us", select the game (Sims 4) and your platform, under "select topic" choose manage my account, then under "select issue" choose delete account.

Edit: Oops, sorry @BluebellFlora didn't see your post! Seems we are on the same page :wink:
    edited May 2021
    I wonder why the then active Forum Manager EA_Mai, when asked if there was anything to do to erase private information from a PM, including getting banned, said there was nothing to do; and now this information is accessible to a lot of people, on this forum, on AHQ, and on an external forum.
    edited May 2021
    When you signed up for an account you accepted EA's terms of service which state that forum posts form EA Content. EA Content is either owned by EA or its Licensors https://tos.ea.com/legalapp/WEBTERMS/US/en/PC#section3

You need to contact EA Customer Service to cancel your account (as stated in the ToS link):

You may cancel your EA Account or a subscription to an EA Service at any time by contacting EA's Customer Service Department at help.ea.com. To complete your request, EA may collect fees or costs incurred, if allowed by law, and any amounts owed to third-party vendors or content providers.

EA_Leeloo is not EA Customer Service, she is a Community Manager.

Only for clearification: I didn´t ask for a deletion of my EA account, I ask for deleting my forum´s account. That is quite a difference. And it is the duty of the stuff to do this, and ignoring this is not allowed at all, even not under US law.
    It´s unbelievable, how ast the staff can react, if they want. This behaviour is simply outrageous, and no law is allowing them to hinder me from leaving this mean and hateful place.
    I wonder why the then active Forum Manager EA_Mai, when asked if there was anything to do to erase private information from a PM, including getting banned, said there was nothing to do; and now this information is accessible to a lot of people, on this forum, on AHQ, and on an external forum.
    This!

Again: I want my forum´s account to be deleted. And I want it as soon as possible. I am myself working for a bigger games forum, so I know, how this works.

@eufl There is no specifics on deleting your forum account, but bare in mind that your EA and forum account are connected. Following the steps above will take you to the customer service department who can help you, so I'd still suggest that.

Have you contacted customer services at all yet or just posted threads and messages the forum staff?
    edited May 2021
    Someone also suggested you contact the EA Customer Services Department on the thread you made about this a couple of day ago too:

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/989584/account-deletion#latest
    edited May 2021
    Yes, I do wonder why the Forum Managers do not know of this information, or can disclose it when asked; like the previously in this thread quoted forum member wanted, when posting on the Forum Managers 'wall'.

Hopefully someone official will answer your message soon, but I might need to retract my advice to listen to them, if it is correct what has just been posted. It is very confusing what actually is possible, and who to listen to, and I think it is necessary to be very clear, if asking EA Help, that you don't want to close your EA account, just the forum account.

Edit: I just wanted to say, again, that just because there are so many posters giving you tips on how to leave the forum for good, it doesn't mean that your presence is unwanted.

Edit: I just wanted to say, again, that just because there are so many posters giving you tips on how to leave the forum for good, it doesn't mean that your presence is unwanted.

Haha! Of course not! I'm sure @eufl doesn't think we are trying to get rid of them.
    edited May 2021
    I just wanted to make sure. I know this forum is unwelcoming and tolerates a lot of trolls being here for year after years; but there are some nice threads and posters as well, and while some posters comments everyone and everything all the time, being loud and obnoxious; it doesn't mean that the ones who mostly read the threads have missed the OP's presence, and appreciates them.
  • lisasc360lisasc360 Posts: 19,277 Member
    lisasc360 wrote: »

O2ZtrGAl.jpg

Everyone that keeps saying to contact EA customer service, please read the comment in the picture that I've provided because it does state in there that the member did contact EA help and was told that there wasn't anything that they could do to delete this account without deleting their EA/Maxis account and that they needed to go to the forum to ask for their account to be deleted.

I'm guessing the reason why the community managers can't delete accounts is because EA is paying the owners of the hosting site to be able to have this forum up for us Sims players. Or it could be that when EA paid Vanilla to use their services that they paid for a package that doesn't allow for the community managers to delete members accounts or if it was a thing that they could do at one point, then it's possible that it could had been removed by Vanilla during one of their updates.
  • EA_ArcadiaEA_Arcadia Posts: 14 EA Community Manager
    edited May 2021
    Hey there everyone,

Apologies on the delay on one of us getting back to you, with weekends our coverage is a little more varied so unfortunately in some cases we can't hit every post until we're back during normal working hours.

Firstly, @eufl, while I understand you have written a DM to various CMs, due to the sheer volume we receive its not always possible for to reply to every single one of them. In these sorts of situations, creating a post and tagging the main CM is the best way to get a reply (in this case @EA_Leeloo). With this I'd also ask that you be mindful of when you tag staff as, as mentioned above, not all staff are available on the weekend.

While I wish I could handle your matter personally, since this process involves deleting account information, we have to verify the owner of the account before any action can be taken, and this can only be done by Customer Support. So I'd like to direct you here, they will confirm your account identity and be able to handle your request to delete your forum account. When chatting with them, please make sure you stipulate specifically that you only want your forum data to be deleted.

Regarding the other comments about negative behavior on the forums, we 100% encourage you to use the report function if you see something that doesn't abide by the forum rules. Simply hit the flag button and write a quick explanation of the issue. While staff actively monitor the boards, with the sheer number of threads in comparison to staff its not possible for us to check every single thread. Together we can keep the community safe and clean for everyone to enjoy.

I hope this helps clear up some of the concerns raised in this thread.
    Post edited by EA_Arcadia on
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top