Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What's the last thing you ate?

Comments

• February11February11 Posts: 12,643 Member
    I made pasta and asparagus with home made olive and basil tapenade. It was a bit ordinary, but got better as It went on.
    MLgj4Vx.png
  • magic_cat_treemagic_cat_tree Posts: 292 Member
    Blueberry yogurt last night after dinner. Haven't had breakfast yet.
    Drummer in Seize The Day
  • TEXASKITTYKATTEXASKITTYKAT Posts: 5,909 Member
    Cheese-its
  • RenegadeSimmerRenegadeSimmer Posts: 21 Member
    I am about to eat some mac and cheese ( a Sim favorite. lol)
  • NushnushganayNushnushganay Posts: 9,418 Member
    I went foraging for fern fiddleheads (a local rite of Spring)

aW0pgtAl.jpg?1

and then cooked and ate them. Yum!

TRiIq6el.jpg
    Racism is EVERYONE's fight #BLM #StopAsianHate
    Let's make Liberty and Justice For All a reality.

xicwqMCm.jpg
    Shrimp lo-mein
  • rubyskywalkerrubyskywalker Posts: 1,174 Member
    French's Crispy Fried Onions....
    Which is odd because I don't like onions. To me the fried ones just taste salty, and remind me of Christmastime and green bean casserole..... (Okay, I liked cooked onions too. Anyway...)
    Origin ID and TS3 Username: DollyGizzy
    Hoping to complete the Brunch at the Old Mill set for CYS. 16 items left.
    My Sims 3 Store Wishlist: https://store.thesims3.com/myWishlist.html?persona=DollyGizzy
    My TS3 Blog: https://rubysasimslife.blogspot.com
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,827 Member
    McDonald's Bacon Egg and Cheese biscuit.
    Potato Salad
  • ArkaneArkane Posts: 20,224 Member
    This morning it was an English muffin, some turkey sausage and an orange.
    Potential Is Everything

Origin ID: BadArkane

XYeo1vn.png
    Tuna salad with jalapeno peppers
  • magic_cat_treemagic_cat_tree Posts: 292 Member
    banana, blueberry and peanut butter porridge cookies <3
    Drummer in Seize The Day
    Avocado Caeser salad.
    Häagen-Dazs Dulce de leche ice cream. Bedtime snack. 😋
  • MMA_Rebel10MMA_Rebel10 Posts: 52 Member
    Blue Bunny Cherry Chocolate Chunk Ice Cream
  • BrandontaylorBrandontaylor Posts: 4,773 Member
    Marie Callendar Country Fried Chicken and Gravy dinner.
    edited May 2021

aW0pgtAl.jpg?1

TRiIq6el.jpg

What are they? I've never seen anything like that before, and what do you do with them, as in how do you cook them and what with?
    MLgj4Vx.png
    edited May 2021
    Home made tomato soup. It sounds a bit bland after what Nushnushganay had!
    MLgj4Vx.png
    edited May 2021
    February11 wrote: »

aW0pgtAl.jpg?1

TRiIq6el.jpg

What are they? I've never seen anything like that before, and what do you do with them, as in how do you cook them and what with?

Oh! yeah, so you go out in the moist woods in the cold of early Spring, when the ostrich ferns are just emerging from the ground, and pick one or two of the little fern fronds just starting to unroll (leaving the taller ones, making sure never to pick too much from any one plant), because they aren't too bitter to eat, when they are still tightly rolled, though cooking them is important or your stomach might rebel. It takes half a morning to get a bagful, but then take them home, wash them, and they are good many ways: boiled or steamed, or braised in butter or oil, pan-seared if you like, or my favorite, cooked in a frittata.

Fiddlehead Pie is a tradition in Maine and also Vermont (and I'd assume New Hampshire) and it's basically fiddleheads cooked as the vegetable in a quiche or frittata, either in a top and bottom pie crust, or poured like a quiche into a tart shell or bottom crust only, often with things like mushrooms, spring onions, some people use bacon too..anything you'd do with a quiche or frittata, just with the fiddleheads being a prominent filling.

They taste like a cross between broccoli and asparagus, to me.

And the last thing I ate tonight was some strong dark Choco-love chocolate. Amazing stuff, that, and it comes with classic poetry under the wrapper.

ETA: @February11 homemade tomato soup sounds wondrous, and I think I'll make some tomorrow, because it's supposed to be cool and rainy, and it would go great with the grilled cheese sandwich I had planned to make tomorrow using sharp aged Vermont cheddar, plus a slice of swiss for the gooey pull factor and buttery nutty undernotes.

xicwqMCm.jpg
    February11 wrote: »

aW0pgtAl.jpg?1

TRiIq6el.jpg

Oh! yeah, so you go out in the moist woods in the cold of early Spring, when the ostrich ferns are just emerging from the ground, and pick one or two of the little fern fronds just starting to unroll (leaving the taller ones, making sure never to pick too much from any one plant), because they aren't too bitter to eat, when they are still tightly rolled, though cooking them is important or your stomach might rebel. It takes half a morning to get a bagful, but then take them home, wash them, and they are good many ways: boiled or steamed, or braised in butter or oil, pan-seared if you like, or my favorite, cooked in a frittata.

Fiddlehead Pie is a tradition in Maine and also Vermont (and I'd assume New Hampshire) and it's basically fiddleheads cooked as the vegetable in a quiche or frittata, either in a top and bottom pie crust, or poured like a quiche into a tart shell or bottom crust only, often with things like mushrooms, spring onions, some people use bacon too..anything you'd do with a quiche or frittata, just with the fiddleheads being a prominent filling.

They taste like a cross between broccoli and asparagus, to me.

And the last thing I ate tonight was some strong dark Choco-love chocolate. Amazing stuff, that, and it comes with classic poetry under the wrapper.

ETA: @February11 homemade tomato soup sounds wondrous, and I think I'll make some tomorrow, because it's supposed to be cool and rainy, and it would go great with the grilled cheese sandwich I had planned to make tomorrow using sharp aged Vermont cheddar, plus a slice of swiss for the gooey pull factor and buttery nutty undernotes.
    Wow, thanks for that. Really interesting, and sounds quite like a veggie delicacy.

And last thing I ate tonight was the left over soup turned into a pasta dish with sundried tomatoes, kalamata olives, chargrilled capsicum, baby spinach with mixed seeds toasted with chilli and parmesan cheese. Really nice!
    MLgj4Vx.png
  • dreamerz13dreamerz13 Posts: 9,927 Member
    Pizza... got a 3 pizza sampler kind of thing so had a little of some kind of meat lovers type, spicy perogy, and BBQ chicken (the best of them all). Had a slice of cheese garlic bread. And a hot fresh brownie drizzled in caramel sauce.

Yes I was very hungry lol.
  • BrandontaylorBrandontaylor Posts: 4,773 Member
    Hamburger, fries, and a Pepsi from a local vendor.
    Haven't eaten anything since I got home after shooting hoops, but before I went out on the court, ate a power crunch bar, and since I got home, had my favorite locally-made kombucha.

xicwqMCm.jpg
  • ThheFornicatorThheFornicator Posts: 27 Member
    Lobster
    I move where my heart takes me.. I am not bound to anything.
  • MMXMMX Posts: 4,427 Member
    Minestrone soup with Italian sausage.