Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do You Have Access To The Sims 2?

This is about the Sims 2 so let's try to keep the other versions out of it. 🙂 It's possible to praise gameplay from a previous version without comparisons. That typically leads to dissention and discord.

Do You Have Access To The Sims 2? 190 votes

Yes
73%
crocobauraBluegayleicmnfrshMightySparksLeGardePourpreIdontrcallSara1010PYunaJaline33bandit5IceyJLoreleilee73Rflong7WrenryAyradysslisamwittBreeNillaPlayerSinger2010suetoopdanacnbrett 140 votes
No but I'd like to.
19%
GothicKing13fruitsbasket101LA_sports_girl87alanmichael1Bluelleskybird14bestfrienemies14taydevTeeSeaBabykittyjadeRifftraxRulesbenson2006OnverserChadSims2Evilyn_1007RosenrotNikkimikamakimonlogionSimsersionAuroraskies 37 votes
No and I'm not interested.
6%
haneulFraTacHearts4uGrumpyGlowfishSERVERFRASeashoreLiviaEliteGirlnetney52CangwenorenjiAireaderbug2PhilSimsHavenRose 13 votes

Comments

• simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,703 Member
    Yes
    I occasionally play the UC but I also have all packs on disc.
  • EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,776 Member
    edited May 2021
    Yes
    I have both, UC and discs. UC installed now.
    I play pretty often.
    With 12 GB Downloads-folder :sweat_smile: (it used to be 18GB, but now I use default replacements , so not that "much" files anymore )
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina
  • LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,175 Member
    edited May 2021
    Yes
    It's on my desktop, exposed as a trophy but I do not click it.

Ultimate Collection + Store Edition
  • ClarionOfJoyClarionOfJoy Posts: 1,945 Member
    Yes
    I have both the discs and UC as well! So glad that I do have the UC because I'm pretty sure the discs from the 2000s would probably not install, plus they have the lethal version of Securom. I still play it once in a while for the Open for Business play and for the Vacation play.

• Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,431 Member
    Yes
    I have had TS2 installed on every computer that I've owned since it came out. I don't play it as often tho, simply because if I play an older version I always gravitate to TS3 (not because I think TS3 is better than TS2, because I actually think TS2 personalities and animations are the best), but just because it has CASt and when I'm in the mood to renovate houses it's much more fun to me to be able to match my textures.
  • AstroAstro Posts: 6,651 Member
    Yes
    Yes before the UC came out I only had Double Deluxe and Pets, got lucky and got the UC when it was available (for free if I remember). Haven’t installed it on my new pc but I will eventually.
  • friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,542 Member
    Yes
    not on the poll i have stop playing the sims2 and moved on fully to the sims4
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,334 Member
    Yes
    I play the UC semi-regularly, although not as often as Sims 4, and also keep up with new mods and cc for Sims 2.

I still have the disks, but I'm missing Teen Stuff and Ikea. The UC also added a bunch of party/wedding objects, so there must have been another SP that I didn't even knew existed.
  • Sara1010PSara1010P Posts: 888 Member
    Yes
    I have all except Sims 1 on my pc and I play each of them fairly regularly.
  • OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    No but I'd like to.
    I would try it, but I couldn't get the UC download to work and I don't want to play base game or have to buy disc copies of every single pack so I've never played it. I don't really understand why they won't put it on Origin again since they've already done it once but it is what it is. If they do I'll download it but otherwise I'll stick with 3 and 4.
  • SimmerGeorgeSimmerGeorge Posts: 2,724 Member
    Yes
    I got it around 2017 long after the whole thing was over. Thank god I found one EA employee who gave to me so late. I've been playing it all the time since then. In my life I must have over 3k-4k hours on the Sims 2. I have around 1k hours on the UC and before that I had already been playing it for 10 years extensively as a kid.
    Where's my Sims 5 squad at?
  • CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,451 Member
    edited May 2021
    I still need ....*ahem* ...Official access...😇

About a year ago I begged the lads at Origin for the Ultimate Collection and offered money but they wouldn’t give it to me because I didn’t own at least one TS2 pack. They needed a serial code.

I told them that I owned pretty much all TS3 & TS4 content (bar some store items and stuff packs) so hey, pretty dedicated Sims dude over here, but no.
    But....and.....because I’m a very kind person (😋) they offered me a “consolation prize” which gave me the opportunity to get The complete Sims Medieval collection - wait for it- for free!
    Very kind. But they could have just given me TS2 instead. 😂

• GirafHuntrGirafHuntr Posts: 759 Member
    No but I'd like to.
    This will always and forever be my favorite game to ever exist. It was near perfect, even without mods. I still have all the discs but not the right version of Windows or even a computer with a disc drive. I sure would love to just download it from Origin and have it run on my current system.
    My username has been my internet handle for over 20 years since I was 16 and refers to when I had a crush on a very tall boy. I intend absolutely no violence toward beautiful giraffes. <3
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    No but I'd like to.
    It's something I would be interested in one day. But for now I'm fully invested in ts4.🙂
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • fruitsbasket101fruitsbasket101 Posts: 1,530 Member
    No but I'd like to.
    I'd love to own it one day but for now no.
    Have a super fantastic awesome splendid amazing day! -TheQxxn
  • magic_cat_treemagic_cat_tree Posts: 292 Member
    No but I'd like to.
    I had the time of my life playing TS2, my best gameplay memories are of that version.

On the one hand, I would love to play it again because I loved it so much in the past, but on the other I am afraid to taint my wonderful memories by comparing the graphics to TS4. I'm sure I will get used the old graphics after the initial shock, but still, I'm scared :#
    Drummer in Seize The Day
  • OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 4,973 Member
    Yes
    I have both the disk and UC versions on different (and wide age difference) computers. Thoroughly enjoying both and still finding new things to see and do. It may be old, but it's still great!
  • Umbreon12Umbreon12 Posts: 877 Member
    Yes
    I don't have the Ultimate Collection, because when I became aware of it, it was no longer available to download, plus what I read was that you would have to pay monthly to use Origin.
    However, I do have access to my Sims 2 discs, the only two I don't have is Ikea and the Mansion stuff pack. What I do have, I still really enjoy what I do have.
    I Origin did rerelease the Ultimate Collection again, I would pounce on it, and get it.
  • SeashoreLiviaSeashoreLivia Posts: 833 Member
    I've never played it. I voted that I'm not interested mainly because I don't think I'll ever have a chance to try it. I'm also not sure if I would like it
  • MagdaleenaMagdaleena Posts: 973 Member
    edited May 2021
    Yes
    I got Ultimate Collection for free through Origin, and it's still installed on my computer. I do enjoy it a lot.
    Post edited by Magdaleena on

lil_pixel_boys.png
    they/he
    simblr
  • kwanzaabotkwanzaabot Posts: 2,440 Member
    Yes
    I wonder how many people have access to it legally.

I think a better way of wording this would've been "do you have TS2 ON DISK OR ORIGIN"
    Guarantee your poll results would be cut in half
    wJbomAo.png
  • BreeNillaBreeNilla Posts: 160 Member
    Yes
    I still have all my discs from when they first came out! All expansions and a few stuff packs. I also managed to snag it when they gave the UC out for free on Origin.
    8a597ff0f1eef1830795b3ae467ad12c6bb980ae.jpg
    I made a Sims 4 Save File set 15 years into the future using the premade sims by giving them family trees, storylines and lore, fixed and added relationships, and more!
    Check it out here! -> kookablarn.tumblr.com
  • DoodlyDoofusDoodlyDoofus Posts: 1,177 Member
    Yes
    Got that deal from EA's customer service if you post a picture of the disc and product code RIGHT BEFORE they officially said they were going to stop doing that. Funny story about it too, I was having technical difficulties getting the picture of my disc to send to the customer service rep so after a while the rep said "You know what, it clearly looks like you're a big fan of the Sims so here you go" and sent me the digital code. I'm convinced I was the straw that broke the camel's back with that deal.
  • CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,451 Member
    Got that deal from EA's customer service if you post a picture of the disc and product code RIGHT BEFORE they officially said they were going to stop doing that. Funny story about it too, I was having technical difficulties getting the picture of my disc to send to the customer service rep so after a while the rep said "You know what, it clearly looks like you're a big fan of the Sims so here you go" and sent me the digital code. I'm convinced I was the straw that broke the camel's back with that deal.

I should just have faked that scenario...
  • GrumpyGlowfishGrumpyGlowfish Posts: 2,207 Member
    The reason I switched to TS4 "early" (I was going to wait until that game had pets and seasons, but ended up switching in early 2017) is because TS2 was no longer working properly on my PC after upgrading to Windows 10. Sometimes the game would launch, sometimes it wouldn't, and sometimes it would, but I only got a black screen with sound, and I got tired of it.

Because of this, and because I've gotten used to TS4 by now, I eventually uninstalled TS2 and have no plans to play it again, just like I never played the first one again after switching to TS2.