Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Why are we not allowed to discuss TS2 on the 411 thread?

Comments

• SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,950 Member
    edited May 2021
    Onverser wrote: »
    600 comments on the post already... I feel like very few people are gonna get answers to their questions :s

From what I've seen this 411 thread turned into a ginormous Wish-List. Many comments will be ignored.

Sims Team:

“And remember dear community, NO Wish Lists!”

All these new members:

“Dear Santa...”

🤦🏻‍♂️

well it is the top thing community wants to discuss and they did ask what we wanna talk about :innocent:

so i mean honestly they just walked into their own trap with that one

i tried to keep mine short though and add at least couple questions they should find relatively easy to answer if not the whole comment

well if in any case they pick that comment up from the sea of comments anyway

somehow i doubt
    given i have hard time finding my comment myself but :lol: i tried

i have a feeling many of the wishlists will get squished to just short reply: we are always looking for ways to bring more things into the game and to improve things and we shall consider these whenever they suit our agenda = probably never but we can't say no cause people would get angry poop about it and maybe we do something kind of similar to what was mentioned like 10 years later and contradict that no statement who knows
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,718 Member
    edited May 2021
    600 comments on the post already... I feel like very few people are gonna get answers to their questions :s

From what I've seen this 411 thread turned into a ginormous Wish-List. Many comments will be ignored.

Sims Team:

All these new members:

“Dear Santa...”

🤦🏻‍♂️

Yeah a lot of people turned it into just posting requests lol, but a lot of people also made some really good posts too. SimmerGeorge's last post where he was basically saying "please don't turn the sims into Fortnite or Roblox" felt like a very fitting last post.
  • CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,457 Member
    logion wrote: »

Sims Team:

All these new members:

“Dear Santa...”

🤦🏻‍♂️

Yeah a lot of people turned it into just posting requests lol, but a lot of people also made some really good posts too. SimmerGeorge's last post where he was basically saying "please don't turn the sims into Fortnite or Roblox" felt like a very fitting last post.

I agree that there are some great posts in there and it’s good to see this kind of feedback.
    Fingers crossed that these concerns will be addressed in the next couple of 411s.
  • GordyGordy Posts: 3,019 Member
    Eh tbh they're probably only going to answer the safest questions and concerns anyway, so most people wouldn't be addressed anyway.

It was still cathateric to post though. And I got to force Gurus to read about dragons.
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited May 2021
    Well, I missed the 411 thread but read it today. I wouldn't have been able to post in that thread since they made it clear people should follow the 'Positive Play' rules when posting. Does that mean no questions about lackluster features or bugs? I think I would have been too negative pointing out problems in the game I wish would be corrected and expanded or just simply done better than some lofty wish list. It seemed to me most of what people said was in the category of wish lists. And why does Maxis need a 411 to tell them about their game. They've had the feedback section for seven years. Don't they read it? Or is the frustration of players in there too much to take? Because facts are many of the game packs seem like fillers thrown in to make a buck (kits) full of bugs on release day, and could have been added into an EP or GP and any 'new' thing seems overly redundant. But I guess Feedback isn't what they were looking for so I didn't even understand the concept of a 411, if it can't be a wish list of new features, or a wish list of inclusions or a wish list to fix bugs....so what was the point anyway, when feedback has been well documented to point out whatever it is people think of TS4. If they were looking for gushing they could have went over to Youtube.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • CelSimsCelSims Posts: 2,270 Member

Sims Team:

All these new members:

“Dear Santa...”

🤦🏻‍♂️

I really tried to keep my wishlist out of the post there but it was hard. Maybe it would have been more helpful for them to give examples of what we COULD post rather than saying what we couldn't.

I'm 100% certain nothing I brought up will get mentioned any way.
    CelSims wrote: »

Sims Team:

All these new members:

“Dear Santa...”

🤦🏻‍♂️

I really tried to keep my wishlist out of the post there but it was hard. Maybe it would have been more helpful for them to give examples of what we COULD post rather than saying what we couldn't.

exactly

just like normal conversations its hard to make subject out of thin air

especially when listed all the things you shouldnt talk about and hence you end up thinking of those things and in the loop of " i shouldnt talk about this but now that you mentioned...."
  • GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    Imo the 411 thread appears to be an info gathering tool to gauge people thoughts on Sims 5 even if it is not mentioned.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member

Sims Team:

All these new members:

“Dear Santa...”

🤦🏻‍♂️

Yes that is how I feel as well for the 411 is serving another purpose but one has to pay attention and what can EA/Maxis give me that would make me think Sims 4 can be taken to the next level. The program is 6 or 7 years old and I feel it has peaked already and on the down stroke.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    There were some great ideas posted. So many new members joining to comment.
    Yeah I was very happy to see that too. Neat to see the community come together with an event like that. A lot of overlapping ideas of different ideas for inclusion and representation included having languages like Ukrainian and Portuguese.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller

Simmingal wrote: »

exactly

just like normal conversations its hard to make subject out of thin air

especially when listed all the things you shouldnt talk about and hence you end up thinking of those things and in the loop of " i shouldnt talk about this but now that you mentioned...."

I’m not innocent. In a roundabout way I made my own selfish requests. It was my plan all along and I sure hope I was able to trick them. 😇

Probably not. 😒
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    Scobre wrote: »
    Yeah I was very happy to see that too. Neat to see the community come together with an event like that. A lot of overlapping ideas of different ideas for inclusion and representation included having languages like Ukrainian and Portuguese.

Portuguese already exists in sims 4. Actually it exists since sims 1.
    texxx78 wrote: »

There is actually an EA Help article about it too that explains the request a bit better:
    https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-PC/Why-is-The-Sims-4-is-not-in-Portuguese-from-Portugal-and-Origin/td-p/3845579
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • kwanzaabotkwanzaabot Posts: 2,440 Member
    Here's what I'm talking about. It specifically says we can't discuss #2. I want to know why.

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/989179/sims-411-forum-feedback#latest

....where does it say that, exactly?
    wJbomAo.png

There is actually an EA Help article about it too that explains the request a bit better:
    https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-PC/Why-is-The-Sims-4-is-not-in-Portuguese-from-Portugal-and-Origin/td-p/3845579

Didn't know that people were requesting Portuguese from Portugal...Sims 4 droped it and stayed only with the brasilian portuguese. But i don't think that's an issue though. Both are so similar...

Didn't know that people were requesting Portuguese from Portugal...Sims 4 droped it and stayed only with the brasilian portuguese. But i don't think that's an issue though. Both are so similar...
    Not really. It is like saying Canadian French and Parisian French are too similar to matter. I think it is a valid request.

Not really. It is like saying Canadian French and Parisian French are too similar to matter. I think it is a valid request.

I'm Portuguese and we had a language agreement around 10 years ago that has made the approaches in portuguese language of both countries much more similar. It is a question of a few different expressions, that both countries understand to the fullest, not really an issue imo.
    I get they chose brazilian portuguese over the traditional portuguese from Portugal, it's a bigger country with a lot more simmers for sure, and we understand each other perfectly fine. After all, it's the exact same language...

Well...I suppose in that case I should request a British English translation since the game only offers American English. Both English-eses are quite different though. And I don’t even live in UK-land. Lovely folks. Lovely folks so they are.The UK folks.

Over here our little cubs are taught to write British-style although I believe we should shake it up a little and write Irish Style instead. It would be hilarious. Actually...I might just request an Irish-style English translation, because that suits my country better. We’re done with the Brits. 😜

Ooor.....I can just leave politics out of it altogether and say:

“It’s ENGLISH for crying out loud. I can understand perfectly. Simlish and thought bubbles are the only other languages that matter in this game. Now, back to the important stuff: where else can I woohoo?”
    edited May 2021

Well...I suppose in that case I should request a British English translation since the game only offers American English. Both English-eses are quite different though. And I don’t even live in UK-land. Lovely folks. Lovely folks so they are.The UK folks.

Over here our little cubs are taught to write British-style although I believe we should shake it up a little and write Irish Style instead. It would be hilarious. Actually...I might just request an Irish-style English translation, because that suits my country better. We’re done with the Brits. 😜

Ooor.....I can just leave politics out of it altogether and say:

“It’s ENGLISH for crying out loud. I can understand perfectly. Simlish and thought bubbles are the only other languages that matter in this game. Now, back to the important stuff: where else can I woohoo?”
    Actually that would be fun to have that option. Then again I am used to having different dialects growing up learning different languages and being apart of an multilingual community. Anyway just was mentioning the language request from the 411. I don't think it would hurt the Sims having it in different languages especially with the franchise becoming more international and borderless. I know a lot of games have UK/US English options for languages, so maybe Sims is getting behind in their language options. But was nice bringing it up with one of the Gurus today and having some other Simmers who have gone to school for language in chat talk about it too. I mean with Sims marketing the inclusion thing, why wouldn't it be for languages as well? But yes probably that would be best.

Sims 4 is available in 18 languages which is interesting.
    https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/faq-base-game-changing-languages
    Post edited by Scobre on
  • CelSimsCelSims Posts: 2,270 Member

I've been in America for ten years now and there's still times my friends and husband say, 'Uhh what did you just say?'. Worse when I'm on the phone to family, apparently it's unintelligible :)

I've been in America for ten years now and there's still times my friends and husband say, 'Uhh what did you just say?'. Worse when I'm on the phone to family, apparently it's unintelligible :)
    Yeah each state has their own version of English and even each family has their own language. Twin speak too. I remember I got teased when moving states for my Cali terms.
    Actually that would be fun to have that option. Then again I am used to having different dialects growing up learning different languages and being apart of an multilingual community. Anyway just was mentioning the language request from the 411. I don't think it would hurt the Sims having it in different languages especially with the franchise becoming more international and borderless. I know a lot of games have UK/US English options for languages, so maybe Sims is getting behind in their language options. But was nice bringing it up with one of the Gurus today and having some other Simmers who have gone to school for language in chat talk about it too. I mean with Sims marketing the inclusion thing, why wouldn't it be for languages as well? But yes probably that would be best.

Sims 4 is available in 18 languages which is interesting.
    https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/faq-base-game-changing-languages

I totally get the call for a Ukrainian translation since Ukraine is the second largest country in Europe plus it has its own language.
    It’s definitely time for Ukrainians to be able to play the game in Ukrainian. Just because most of them can understand Russian doesn’t mean they don’t deserve to play the game in their own tongue.

Portuguese Portuguese, UK English, Canadian French...
    If versions of the same language already exist in game I just don’t know how much difference it would make to most simmers.
    But sure look, if that’s what people need I guess that’s what people need. I’m easy going. 😉

Oh I believe you! I was talking about English in written form.
    In spoken form... well yes that’s an entirely different story haha. Subtitles = Absolutely Necessary. 😂

Yeah each state has their own version of English and even each family has their own language. Twin speak too. I remember I got teased when moving states for my Cali terms.

Don't give us ideas 😂 we in the north have a very peculiar accent and a few peculiar words that only us use. I will ask ea for portuguese from the north of portugal 😂
    Im just joking. I honestly hope the teams get something more usefull to work on, like translating to ucranian, instead of having another version of portuguese.
    Me here being finnish and having my language in game and yet playing the game in original english because i dont want to read the awkward translations and confusing changed premade names like :trollface:

yeah i don't pretend to understand anything about importance of portuguese vs portuguese :sweat_smile:
  • comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    I wasn't sure if my feedback counted as a wish list or not
    I talked about things that were already in game I thought could be improved on
    more for sim kids and more drama please