March 29th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Fairies is (not) the next Game Pack ๐Ÿ˜”

Comments

• sunman502sunman502 Posts: 18,325 Member
    Redacted could also mean that they are leaving some things out. Like for example a report that has been redacted before it was released. I don't know what they meant by playing redacted sims in a redacted blank. But nothing in that tweet about redacted screamed fairies to me. Now it is possible that the redacted tweet might be in reference to the new try before you buy thing that they coming out. Playing a sample/demo of a video game would be a redacted game. Because a demo is only part of a game, which means it's redacted.
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,108 Member
    I would love in the Fairy Lifestate CAS, choices of Butterfly Wings, Bird Wings, Bat Wings with Outfits like Pixie Hollow,
    Once Upon A Time & Maleficent. Also, a Fairy could be a Fairy Godmother, Fairy Guardian, Angelic Fairy & Demonic Fairy. Furthermore, Fairies can make Pixie Dust, Fairy Wands, Tinker, have Sunlight Powers, Flower Powers, Animal Powers, Wind Powers, Snow Powers & Water Powers. Finally, Dark Fairies can invent the Dark Curse & Dark Magic; whereas, Light Fairies can invent Light Magic & Cure for the Dark Curse.
    What can I say, I've been think of this for a long time.
  • NightwalkerArkanisNightwalkerArkanis Posts: 271 Member
    I would love in the Fairy Lifestate CAS, choices of Butterfly Wings, Bird Wings, Bat Wings with Outfits like Pixie Hollow,
    Once Upon A Time & Maleficent. Also, a Fairy could be a Fairy Godmother, Fairy Guardian, Angelic Fairy & Demonic Fairy. Furthermore, Fairies can make Pixie Dust, Fairy Wands, Tinker, have Sunlight Powers, Flower Powers, Animal Powers, Wind Powers, Snow Powers & Water Powers. Finally, Dark Fairies can invent the Dark Curse & Dark Magic; whereas, Light Fairies can invent Light Magic & Cure for the Dark Curse.
    What can I say, I've been think of this for a long time.
    This is pretty much everything I could hope for from a Fairy pack. Extra focus on the Fairy's connection to nature and it's chosen element.

I would also give them (high-level fairies, if we go by an ability tree, the ability to cure diseases/spellcaster curses, go invisible and scare people). Forest-made clothing is also a must, even some of my non-fairy Sims would be up for it. There is so much they could do with fairies if they have resources, time and imagination.

If there is a Simgod somewhere, please let us get something like this.

What do we want to get rid of: The holiday bug, the constant showering and the weed glitch.
  • GordyGordy Posts: 3,015 Member
    edited May 2021
    I don't want to work, so let me share my ideal take on fairies.
    They're divided into levels, and they level up based on how many fairy activities they do. Shrinking down lets them level up faster, but it exhausts them, or is dependent on moodlets. Eating food in Fairlyland lets you stay smaller for a longer period of time.

Fairy dust is created from a fairy's wings. Younger and weaker fairies produce less dust, and dust can run out if you use it too much. Luckily, you can eat sugary foods, wait, or rest to build up reserves again. Sometimes dust can backfire and fly at your fairy's face, making them suffer any ill effects you might inflict on others.

The fairy powers and skills from Sims 3, are now dependent on a fairy's rank. This sets them apart from spellcasters: while the magically-inclined need to actively study to learn about their powers, fairies gain theirs through age and experience.

Nymph: They can fly. Can help heal dying plants and make them grow a little faster. Can produce fairy dust from their wings, which can make sims sneeze and feel uncomfortable. Child start out as nymphs nymphs, but are too immature to level up, no matter how much experience they get. They're more likely to mess up with dust.

Sprite: Accessible as a teen or above. Their wings now produce dust that lets them shrink down. They can also shrink down certain items (basically resizing them, but treated as being regular size in Build Mode. You can also store shrunken items in your inventory.) They can shrink down other sims so they can visit Fairyland. Fairy dust can now make sims experience various emotions. You can command insects to attack people or bring you things, or you can shrink down and ride a bee. (A bee just flies around the screen like a drone, and we pretend the sim is too small to see. The end.) Can make plants grow faster. Sprites and above have longer lifespans than regular sims.

Pixie: Can turn invisible, which lets them sneak up on other sims, steal things without being caught, or play tricks. They teleport and cast illusions upon other sims. Dust can also put sims to sleep. Can make other sims fairies.

Fairy: Garden gnomes can be enchanted and brought to life, making them do small animations or move when you're not looking at them. Magic is much less likely to backfire. They can now spawn big patches of flowers on the lot. They can fire off energy blasts to burn/toast a sim, and this does extra damage against a vampire. They can also speed up aging/pregnancies, and maybe de-age sims temporarily.

Great Fairy: You can now go on a journey to find dragon eggs.
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
    edited May 2021
    I would love to see fairies return too. But I still don't see how this redacted tweet has any thing to do with fairies making a return to the game. One thing that I can clarify is that I have never heard or where someone has used the word redacted to describe fairies and their world. To make things more clearly about the word redacted, it means parts of something that has been left out or removed from something. Nothing in that meaning suggests fairies or their world.
  • GrimlyFiendishGrimlyFiendish Posts: 718 Member
    I would love a fairy pack that was based on actual folklore, I don't hold out much hope though, because even if we do somehow manage to get a fairy pack it'll probably be packed with twee little tinkerbells with sparkly wands.
    Occult Simmer (All Occult All The Time)

Female Simmer from Australia (she/her)

I had one of my Sims marry the Grim Reaper & now they have a lot of kids.

• GrimlyFiendishGrimlyFiendish Posts: 718 Member
    @CelSims Yep, actual folkloric representations of the fair folk would be awesome - Changelings, Bean Sidhe (Banshee) or Bean Nighe, Fachan, Jenny Greenteeth, Red Cap, Tuatha De Danann, Seelie and Unseelie courts, Will 'O' the Wisps that can invoke madness, Brownies that pitch a fit and burn your house to the ground if you inadvertently insult them, the ability to put iron outside the house to protect from fae, or leave offerings to appease them, etc.

Can you imagine if they gave us the Dullahan or the Nucklavee? That would be awesome! Alas I can't see that, or any of the above happening.
    Occult Simmer (All Occult All The Time)

Female Simmer from Australia (she/her)

I had one of my Sims marry the Grim Reaper & now they have a lot of kids.

• OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    I hope if they do add fairies they'll add a pretty (and liveable, I don't want another ROM) world like Sylvan Glade, that area is so pretty and could make such a nice full world
    MTS_artrui-1741670-Artrui_FairyHouse_Frontview.jpg
    05-06-21-4-55-15-PM.png
    05-06-21-4-55-24-PM.png
    11223-670x447.jpg
  • CelSimsCelSims Posts: 2,270 Member
    @CelSims Yep, actual folkloric representations of the fair folk would be awesome - Changelings, Bean Sidhe (Banshee) or Bean Nighe, Fachan, Jenny Greenteeth, Red Cap, Tuatha De Danann, Seelie and Unseelie courts, Will 'O' the Wisps that can invoke madness, Brownies that pitch a fit and burn your house to the ground if you inadvertently insult them, the ability to put iron outside the house to protect from fae, or leave offerings to appease them, etc.

Can you imagine if they gave us the Dullahan or the Nucklavee? That would be awesome! Alas I can't see that, or any of the above happening.

You know, if they just changed the Grim Reaper to a Dullahan if you bought the pack that would be the most epic deaths ever!
    Nucklavee would be a fantastic cross over if they ever release a horse pack. Bonus if you have faeries, here's a flesh eating horse to drag people into lakes!

• Angie1301Angie1301 Posts: 90 Member
    edited May 2021
    I'm not trying to be a downer I'm just so sad that I'm not even excited. I used to get so into trying to figure out these hints, it was fun. Now I have no hope that the next pack won't just be surface level rabbit holes, decorations, and systems we've already seen with little variation.
    edited May 2021
    I hope if they do add fairies they'll add a pretty (and liveable, I don't want another ROM) world like Sylvan Glade, that area is so pretty and could make such a nice full world
    MTS_artrui-1741670-Artrui_FairyHouse_Frontview.jpg
    05-06-21-4-55-15-PM.png
    05-06-21-4-55-24-PM.png
    11223-670x447.jpg
    If they do release a fairy pack, I imagine that it would be more like the Realm of Magic pack. Where the fairies would be able to teleport to a hidden world. Like the spellcasters do in the Realm of Magic pack.
  • KironideKironide Posts: 804 Member
    If they do choose to add a new mystical world with fairies, then its vital that your sims can actually live there. It's a mistake they've made twice now with Spellcasters and the dreaded Batuu.
    I don't want to discourage you but I'm pretty sure we won't host Fairies at a GP . Maybe you see Werewolves but not Fairies. If they are included, it will be like mermaids.

Actually one of the gurus did a poll on most wanted occults a few years back and fairies placed above werewolves

LAnFRa8.png
  • JustinJustin Posts: 731 Member
    I just wanna create, Sookie *in bills voice*
  • ChocoSulSulChocoSulSul Posts: 182 Member
    edited May 2021
    I don't want to discourage you but I'm pretty sure we won't host Fairies at a GP . Maybe you see Werewolves but not Fairies. If they are included, it will be like mermaids.

Actually one of the gurus did a poll on most wanted occults a few years back and fairies placed above werewolves

LAnFRa8.png

But we can also use this example post. And what happened to the mermaids? we all know. I'm not really a fan of fairies, but I wish they made the package for people like you who want it. The more content this Sims 4 has for me, the better. I feel like werewolves are more in line with the game just because we already have vampires and they are their perfect complementary opposite. If they decide to make the pack of fairies, which they will surely do when they see the increasing demand for them, it will be later in time, not for this pack. And I'm pretty sure the next occult will be the werewolves, but hey! I can be wrong

Even "imaginary friends" beat fairies in SimGuruGrant's poll
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    edited May 2021
    Justin wrote: ยป

Yes! All true blood cast :smiley:

ETA and fairies blood should saciate the vampires ๐Ÿ˜ˆ i want this connection too!
  • JustinJustin Posts: 731 Member
    Justin wrote: ยป

Yes! All true blood cast :smiley:

ETA and fairies blood should saciate the vampires ๐Ÿ˜ˆ i want this connection too!

I would of loved for them to flesh out every occult after Vampires. That was the best occult pack IMO. I do hope they flesh out fairies like that. Mermaids were a disappointment/:
  • MareahMareah Posts: 792 Member
    That is hilarious! XD

I think it is going to be fairies, if that tweet about redacted sims and world is anything to go by. I dont think werewolves would get their own hidden world that can only be entered by them. They will probably get something like the world that came with vamps instead.
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    I hope that children can also enter the fairies world ๐Ÿ˜
  • TTNsimmerTTNsimmer Posts: 669 Member

LAnFRa8.png

But we can also use this example post. And what happened to the mermaids? we all know. I'm not really a fan of fairies, but I wish they made the package for people like you who want it. The more content this Sims 4 has for me, the better. I feel like werewolves are more in line with the game just because we already have vampires and they are their perfect complementary opposite. If they decide to make the pack of fairies, which they will surely do when they see the increasing demand for them, it will be later in time, not for this pack. And I'm pretty sure the next occult will be the werewolves, but hey! I can be wrong

Do you imagine the imaginary friend game pack? :):)
  • ChocoSulSulChocoSulSul Posts: 182 Member

LAnFRa8.png

Do you imagine the imaginary friend game pack? :):)

I hope not! But I would love to have Social Bunny back haha
    Mareah wrote: ยป
    That is hilarious! XD

I think it is going to be fairies, if that tweet about redacted sims and world is anything to go by. I dont think werewolves would get their own hidden world that can only be entered by them. They will probably get something like the world that came with vamps instead.

The tweet "redacted" it could really fit in with absolutely anything. You can see what you want to see in that message, for that reason it is a trap in itself.
  • InuMiroLoverInuMiroLover Posts: 1,184 Member
    I'd love fairies but Im hardly convinced that that tweet has anything to do with fairies. Perhaps we will get an occult this year since we seem to get one every other year, but part of me is saying "that's just coincidence". Let's wait and see.
  • SimKonfettiSimKonfetti Posts: 1,361 Member
    edited May 2021
    wrong thread sorry nvm
  • LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    I hate it when people act like Occults are niche. While not everybody likes occults, they are heavily requested and highly anticipated, and it would be better to have an on-off switch like we now do for Dust, than nerfing them so you hardly ever see them.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
    Loanet wrote: ยป
    I hate it when people act like Occults are niche. While not everybody likes occults, they are heavily requested and highly anticipated, and it would be better to have an on-off switch like we now do for Dust, than nerfing them so you hardly ever see them.

Yup. Plus I feel like a lot of the "more popular" themes aren't actually more popular they just have a louder fanbase demanding them. Take farming for example, there's a loud portion who want it but there also seems to be a large number who couldn't care less