Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Reviving dead Sims?

I tend to play in Riverview a lot as I find the town extremely pleasant.
One issue though; half the town are elders so they die within about 3-4 sim weeks. I always make my household become close, close, CLOSE friends with the Spenster sisters and they both recently died a day apart. I know you can revive dead Sims with ambrosia when you master the cooking skill (or something like that) but I think you need to see their ghost to do it?

Is there anyway to revive the Spenster sisters in my game? All of my parties feel a little empty without them. :cry:

Comments

• ParyPary Posts: 6,871 Member
    edited March 2014
    HERE you go, this might help you, it has a section on bringing Ghosts back to life, as well as adding them to your household, ghost babies, and other stuff :)
    Sims 3 Household Exchange - Share your households!
    PoppySims Archive
    InnaLisa Pose Archive
    Devolution of Sims - a once customisable open world sandbox which has become a DLC Party catalog in a shoebox
    I ♡ Pudding
  • rednenemonrednenemon Posts: 3,206 Member
    edited March 2014
    Did you go to the Mausoleum (that spooky-looking building)in the Cemetery after they died?

Click on it. Is one of the options "Manage the Dead"? It should be.

If it is, have a Sim go inside the Mausoleum (under the Manage the Dead command), and something should pop up. Are there two gravestones with their names on them? If so, put them into your Sim's inventory and take them home.

Then wait for something called "Oh My Ghost!" to pop up in your game. Take the opportunity, bring one of them to the lab, and you should get their ghost (you can do it with the other one, but the first time is free).

Once you have their ghosts, go through the process to get Ambrosia, and you should eventually get them back.
    AO3: Silver_Shortage_in_Markarth <(Where I'm usually at nowadays)
    MQ2gUyY.jpg
    Part One(Complete 9/24/16) /Part Two(on hold)/Short Stories(on hold)/Twinbrook 1996(on hold)/Ten Crystal Hearts (on hold)
    I own the TS3 Store as of 12/11/16 (sort of. It's complicated)
  • Frankentein77Frankentein77 Posts: 139 Member
    edited March 2014
    First you'll need their tombstones. You can easily get these at the mausoleum with the manage the dead interaction. With the base game there is an opportunity that pops up randomly that will allow you to take a tombstone to the science center and bring them back as playable ghosts. Alternately you can just place the tombstones on you home lot and they'll 'pop up' periodically at night (particularly when the full moon is out if you have Supernatural). With Supernatural you can have a witch sim who has mastered the magic skill raise them as zombies (then, if desired use alchemy to cure them of being zombies). You can also use the philosopher's stone to bind their ghosts to your household(making them playable ghosts)and have them eat the ambrosia that way.
  • JayedTadaSkierJayedTadaSkier Posts: 817 Member
    edited March 2014
    Wow, sounds like a complicated process. Thanks for the help though!

Another question though; does the Young Again Potion lifetime reward go into your Sim's inventory or do they immediately drink it? May wanna give some of them to the Spensters ^^
  • rednenemonrednenemon Posts: 3,206 Member
    edited March 2014
    Another question though; does the Young Again Potion lifetime reward go into your Sim's inventory or do they immediately drink it? May wanna give some of them to the Spensters ^^

It goes into your inventory when you get it. So Sims can drink it when they're ready.
    AO3: Silver_Shortage_in_Markarth <(Where I'm usually at nowadays)
    MQ2gUyY.jpg
    Part One(Complete 9/24/16) /Part Two(on hold)/Short Stories(on hold)/Twinbrook 1996(on hold)/Ten Crystal Hearts (on hold)
    I own the TS3 Store as of 12/11/16 (sort of. It's complicated)
  • AnthonydyerAnthonydyer Posts: 1,197 Member
    edited March 2014
    If all else fails, you could type in the cheat "testingcheatsenabled true" and shift click the ghost of the sim and then click "edit sim in create a sim". See if you can change the age on them. I am not sure, I don't ever deal with ghosts and I have disabled aging.
  • bklienhartbklienhart Posts: 2,975 Member
    edited March 2014
    With Supernatural you can have a witch sim who has mastered the magic skill raise them as zombies (then, if desired use alchemy to cure them of being zombies).

If your witch can cast the Reanimation Ritual, they can also cast the Sunlight Charm, which cures zombification (among other things).
  • EediewalksEediewalks Posts: 2 New Member
    Is the a cheat to bring Sims back to life in the Sims 3?
  • lisasc360lisasc360 Posts: 19,255 Member
    Eediewalks wrote: »
    Is the a cheat to bring Sims back to life in the Sims 3?

@Eediewalks, you might be better off asking this question over in The Sims 3 Tech section as there is a thread over there for new members to post in plus it's more active than this thread from 2014.

Here is the link for the thread for new members to post in... :)
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/976212/thread-for-new-members-to-post-their-sims-3-game-issues-2020-version#latest
  • EA_LeelooEA_Leeloo Posts: 2,019 EA Staff (retired)
    Hey there,

Since this thread had been inactive since 2014 and had come to a natural conclusion, I'm closing it as per our necroposting rules.

- Leeloo
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top