Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The grand sequel to: "The first one to page 100 wins!"

Comments

• DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,472 Member
    edited May 2021
    Today's Q Q is:
    Why do you think technology progresses more slowly now than it did in the past?

Hmmmmm. Yeah, maybe we are plateauing a bit but I guess it's cuz we have already made a lot of crazy discovery and there's only so much we can do now that is scientifically possible...?
    My Top Song of the Day: Fancy Footwork by Chromeo
    FwDXXd5.gif
  • NushnushganayNushnushganay Posts: 9,418 Member
    DeKay wrote: »
    Today's Q Q is:

Hmmmmm. Yeah, maybe we are plateauing a bit but I guess it's cuz we have already made a lot of crazy discovery and there's only so much we can do now that is scientifically possible...?

They've been saying that since Aristotle. XD

I think part of it has been that corporate capitalism has overtaken everything to the point that often, defending and promoting a status quo has been more the mission, than pushing the boundaries of what we could do better, greener, and if the money-making potential from it were less a concern than the life-improving impacts and benefits for humanity as a whole. Look at the enormous difference between how insulin was developed as a gift to the world, instead of kept for profit, whereas the current vaccine in such short supply in places like India, has not been treated the same way that insulin was, and Bill Gates even objects to the idea of making it open-source.

But if you subscribe to Quanta magazine online, and other periodicals dedicated to science and math news etc., your mind might be blown by the amazing discoveries we've made at the forefront of math and physics, that could revolutionize society, if we could change the mercenary system that keeps everything that is developed, optimized for short-term profit (and wastefulness as a product of that) instead of long-term humanitarian goals.

Racism is EVERYONE's fight #BLM #StopAsianHate
    Let's make Liberty and Justice For All a reality.

xicwqMCm.jpg
  • MousellineMouselline Posts: 4,845 Member
    Today's Q Q is:

I think it’s progressing faster then we think, but because we’ve grown used to technology we don’t realize how much it’s grown. Like there’s AI now and if you compare a phone from just like 10 years ago to now days phones the change is drastic. We just don’t think about it cause we r used to it.
  • sunman502sunman502 Posts: 18,325 Member
    edited May 2021
    Mouselline wrote: »
    Today's Q Q is:

I think it’s progressing faster then we think, but because we’ve grown used to technology we don’t realize how much it’s grown. Like there’s AI now and if you compare a phone from just like 10 years ago to now days phones the change is drastic. We just don’t think about it cause we r used to it.
    I too think that technology is progressing faster than we realize. Fact: Look at console technology like PS and Xbox. Who knew that with in five years that they would be more like PC's. And cell phone technology, they have became mini PC's that fit right in the palm of your hands in no time at all.
  • Sorak4Sorak4 Posts: 3,934 Member
    1nPnR5J.png
    Today's Q Q is:

I have a feeling gamings getting to that point, when will consoles just be so lifelike theres no more graphical capability that can be added
    L9q8VGi.png
    edited May 2021
    Today's Q Q is:
    What is on your bedside table?

I don't really have a bedside table. It's more of like a broken dining chair used as a table. XD But I have my laptop charger and computer mouse kept there.
    FwDXXd5.gif
    Today's Q Q is:

I don't really have a bedside table. It's more of like a broken dining chair used as a table. XD But I have my laptop charger and computer mouse kept there.
    A small lamp, two PS4 controllers, an alarm clock, a small statue, and a small amount of coins.
    Today's Q Q is:

Lamp, envelope from some holiday, math binder, calculator, pencil bag, broken phone charger, watch, hair brush, detangler spray, 2 fake plants (don’t know why I have those), and 3 remotes, one of which is broken.
    Y'all got lamps on your side tables.
    Me, with no lamps in my room except for the ceiling light that I rarely use: 👁👄👁
    FwDXXd5.gif
    Me, with no lamps in my room except for the ceiling light that I rarely use: 👁👄👁

Well I read every night and I’m not gonna get up to turn off the lights when I’m done and phone flashlights are impossible to position so I use a lamp

Well I read every night and I’m not gonna get up to turn off the lights when I’m done and phone flashlights are impossible to position so I use a lamp

I see, I see. That's understandable cuz I don't read. 😂
    FwDXXd5.gif

I sometimes read while I'm on my bed, and I use the lamp on my bedside table to read by. I do have ceiling lamps that work in my room, but since I can't see when lights are shining right in my eyes. The ceiling lights in my room are rarely ever on. And the same goes for the rest of the ceiling lights in the rest of my house. Except the bathroom, which has ceiling lights that are not has bright as the rest of the house. And the basement also does not have any bright lights down there.
    Today's Q Q is:
    If everything in your house had to be one color what color would you choose?

Black. It will be the most emo looking house. 😂
    FwDXXd5.gif
  • 5782341b77vl5782341b77vl Posts: 9,149 Member
    edited May 2021
    Today's Q Q is:

Brown - hides any muddy footprints :wink:

Currently, I live in a all wood panel room, with bunch of wood shelves and a brown loveseat. The carpet is brown on one side and beige on the other.

Only things that aren't brown are my computer desk (black), window AC unit (white), the "blackout" curtains (dark blue), a pair of stainless steel shelving units, my microwave (white), and mini fridge (black).

I'm pretty much already living in an all brown environment!
    ...AND WASH YOUR DING-DANG HANDS!
    Today's Q Q is:

Currently, I live in a all wood panel room, with bunch of wood shelves and a brown loveseat. The carpet is brown on one side and beige on the other.

Only things that aren't brown are my computer desk (black), window AC unit (white), the "blackout" curtains (dark blue), a pair of stainless steel shelving units, my microwave (white), and mini fridge (black).

Same, both for actual environment, and what I would choose! The living and dining room (it's a study these days, hasn't had a dining table in it in years) are paneled in a nice wood with a rich grain, and when we bought the house, we immediately ripped out nasty old carpeting and put in nice solid-oak hardwood flooring, so the only white is on the ceiling, and my light-sensitive eyes love that. We joke that it's our Keebler Hollow tree (20th century humor).

What few windows there are, are covered in wine-colored lined silk drapes that I got on clearance (they still cost, but I wasn't going to pass up silk for that price) and those actually do a great job at keeping out summer heat and winter cold, plus the light that kills my eyes. Unfortunately, they didn't come with rods to open and close them with, and 15 years of doing it by hand has now caused the inside edges of the ones we opened the most, to shred so they look like haunted house drapes. It's going to be hard to part with them because I'm not going to find floor-length lined silk draperies at that price again and I'm spoilt to them.

In addition, we have two brown leather reclines (his and mine), and a few pieces of fine antique wood furniture he inherited. If I didn't already live in an environment that's all wood and leather, I would choose it. Occasional jewel-tones like the wine-red silk drapes and a midnight-blue velvet cushion, are enough color for me.

@DeKay from a practical standpoint, I can tell you from experience, black furnishings (except for leather, that's wipe-clean) are second only to pastels or white, for being high-maintenance and showing every tiny speck of lint. I appreciate your dark aesthetic though. Bright interiors are my bane!

xicwqMCm.jpg
    Today's Q Q is:

Grey. Just a nice color for walls and furniture
    Today's Q Q is:

Same, both for actual environment, and what I would choose! The living and dining room (it's a study these days, hasn't had a dining table in it in years) are paneled in a nice wood with a rich grain, and when we bought the house, we immediately ripped out nasty old carpeting and put in nice solid-oak hardwood flooring, so the only white is on the ceiling, and my light-sensitive eyes love that. We joke that it's our Keebler Hollow tree (20th century humor).

What few windows there are, are covered in wine-colored lined silk drapes that I got on clearance (they still cost, but I wasn't going to pass up silk for that price) and those actually do a great job at keeping out summer heat and winter cold, plus the light that kills my eyes. Unfortunately, they didn't come with rods to open and close them with, and 15 years of doing it by hand has now caused the inside edges of the ones we opened the most, to shred so they look like haunted house drapes. It's going to be hard to part with them because I'm not going to find floor-length lined silk draperies at that price again and I'm spoilt to them.

In addition, we have two brown leather reclines (his and mine), and a few pieces of fine antique wood furniture he inherited. If I didn't already live in an environment that's all wood and leather, I would choose it. Occasional jewel-tones like the wine-red silk drapes and a midnight-blue velvet cushion, are enough color for me.

DeKay from a practical standpoint, I can tell you from experience, black furnishings (except for leather, that's wipe-clean) are second only to pastels or white, for being high-maintenance and showing every tiny speck of lint. I appreciate your dark aesthetic though. Bright interiors are my bane!

Haah, yeah, that's true, especially with my dusty as heck room. XD
    FwDXXd5.gif
  • 5782341b77vl5782341b77vl Posts: 9,149 Member
    :heart: HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY :heart:
    ...AND WASH YOUR DING-DANG HANDS!
    Happy Mother’s Day!
    Wooo, Mother's Day! Hope y'all spending time together with your moms!
    FwDXXd5.gif
  • TheRoseHorseTheRoseHorse Posts: 7,300 Member
    Happy Mother's Day
    Even the Most Beautiful Rose has been through the Dirt
    edited May 2021
    Sadly I can't do that anymore since I lost my mother to a car accident twenty two years ago this year.
    Today's Q Q is:
    Is there a personality trait that you'd like to adopt from one of your friends/family?

Being more outgoing and not just reject people every time they ask me to hang out. I think y'all know this would be my answer. Haha.

sunman502 wrote: »
    Sadly I can't do that anymore since I lost my mother to a car accident twenty two years ago this year.

Sorry about that.
    FwDXXd5.gif
    Today's Q Q is:
    Is there a personality trait that you'd like to adopt from one of your friends/family?

Being more outgoing and not just reject people every time they ask me to hang out. I think y'all know this would be my answer. Haha.

Sorry about that.
    No harm/No foul, Dekay! ;)
    On to today's Q Q.
    That's a tough one to answer on the fact that they say you should be who your are and not something that you are not.

I'm in there with you, Sunman, mine died a couple of years ago. But I hadn't realized it was Mothers Day til I ran and errand today and saw signs and promotions.

@DeKay I hope you and your mom did something special, as I know you're close.
    Today's Q Q is:

Yes, my hubs is super laid-back and mellow, and I tend to be high-energy most of the time, but also, high-strung, and could really wish I had more innate ability to just relax. Honestly his mellowness is probably how he stands me.

xicwqMCm.jpg

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top