Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

[old] Broken/Updated Mods & CC: Apr./May 2021 Patches

Comments

• bandit5bandit5 Posts: 917 Member
    hmm mine is working i took out mc too test but will pit back on a new save and see mcc hardly ever causes errors it just reports them when a new exception is made. you should move the whole mod folder too desktop and put back in mc just alone in the new mod folder then test on a new test save.
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,617 Member
    @BatDood I recommend heading over to Deaderpool's Discord server for MCCC-specific support or to either there or Sims After Dark for general mod support. That way there are files they can look at for you. Links are in my first post in the thread.

Reported Fine by Creator
    • Ilkavelle — all mods
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
    Mod Updates
    Holiday Home (LittleMsSam)
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • ZiafarZiafar Posts: 695 Member
    @Heabob1954 Could it be that in MCCC you asked to delete all ghosts?
    Mod Updates
    Chat Pack (NateTheL0ser)
    Zodiac Signs (Radiophobe)
  • SPARKY1922SPARKY1922 Posts: 5,965 Member
    Hi

Can anyone tell me if they are using magnetic south's eco mods successfully please as I don't know if they have been updated or don't need updating.
    SPARKY1922 wrote: »
    Hi

Can anyone tell me if they are using magnetic south's eco mods successfully please as I don't know if they have been updated or don't need updating.

She hasn't technically cleared them, but there've been no reports to her where I see her :) I'd say go ahead.
    Thank you @luthienrising

As always :)
    SPARKY1922 wrote: »
    Thank you @luthienrising

As always :)

You're welcome :) If you're ever looking for her directly, she hangs out in the Sims After Dark Discord server. Link on my first post.
  • Heabob1954Heabob1954 Posts: 10 New Member
    > @Ziafar said:
    > @Heabob1954 Could it be that in MCCC you asked to delete all ghosts?

Thanks for the feedback but I was using MCCC with default .cfg settings and no other mods in a new game save.
    The issue has been reported on Discord and the Patreon version doesn't seem to have the same problem I gather.
    edited May 2021
    @luthienrising

I once successfully used discord to ask LittleMsSam a question about her mods but after that first time I could no longer work it properly when I went off to search other modders? I thought I signed up but I could never get back in after that first time despite trying various ways.

Edit: I just found the sims after dark discord server but cannot find her. It's okay I will just try do without for now until I know for sure :)
  • JyotaiJyotai Posts: 505 Member
    Reported Fine by Creator
    • Chingyu — all mods not above (but some traits have updates)

Chingyu's mods will spam your system with errors. they might work, but they report back errors like this:
    chingyu1023_100 TRAITS PACK\chingyu1023_100 TRAITS PACK_P1 V1.2\chingyu1023_Excitable Trait.packageShow Tuning
    Invalid Tuning
    chingyu1023_ExcitableTrait_ExcitableTrait | Incorrectly matched tuning types found in tuning for tags in Instance: 3333059476 (chingyu1023_ExcitableTrait_ExcitableTrait), Types.TRAIT. Expected 'E', got 'T'

and if you get something like the traits mod, that's a good hundred errors being logged on every scan as that error is in almost every single trait.

Until I saw the comment above I thought their mods were abandoned mods from years ago given how many errors I was getting. On seeing the above I went and checked, found I had actually grabbed the current version from them directly, regrabbed it, ran my game, and still see the errors.

I don't use Discord because it doesn't support multiple accounts and I don't need folks at work wondering what I'm doing even on my own time. Until Discord catches up with every single other voice / video conferencing system, I limit where I use it:
  • BFIrreraBFIrrera Posts: 38 Member
    > @Jyotai said:
    > Chingyu's mods will spam your system with errors. they might work, but they report back errors like this:
    > chingyu1023_100 TRAITS PACK\chingyu1023_100 TRAITS PACK_P1 V1.2\chingyu1023_Excitable Trait.packageShow Tuning
    Invalid Tuning
    chingyu1023_ExcitableTrait_ExcitableTrait | Incorrectly matched tuning types found in tuning for tags in Instance: 3333059476 (chingyu1023_ExcitableTrait_ExcitableTrait), Types.TRAIT. Expected 'E', got 'T'
    >
    >
    > and if you get something like the traits mod, that's a good hundred errors being logged on every scan as that error is in almost every single trait.
    >
    > Until I saw the comment above I thought their mods were abandoned mods from years ago given how many errors I was getting. On seeing the above I went and checked, found I had actually grabbed the current version from them directly, regrabbed it, ran my game, and still see the errors.

One at a time right now, I'm having the same issues with all of KiaraSims' trait mods. So far, It's been the "Girly-Girl", "Handy", "Programmer", "Researcher" and "Ski-Lover"
  • simgirl542simgirl542 Posts: 1,071 Member
    I have that same issue with Chingyu's trait mods, but mine shows up on BE reports and it's more than one trait too.
    I'm going to remove most if not all of the traits. Except the toddler traits, I need those.
    Celebrating 11 years on this forum. Simming proudly since 2001.
    @BFIrrera @simgirl542 Traits can be like that - they're notoriously fussy - but I can't say I've been seeing this myself (though I also can't recall off the top of my head whose traits I'm currently using). Do doublecheck that you have the most up-to-date versions of each trait.
  • Atenea_DianaAtenea_Diana Posts: 2 New Member
    Woohoo Wellness & Pregnancy Overhaul from Lumpinou is conflicting with a lot of mods. I had to removed it.
    @Atenea_Diana I'm afraid I think I can't report on that mod here because of some of the modules. But the modder does update regularly. I recommend following their social media.
  • friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member
    Woohoo Wellness & Pregnancy Overhaul from Lumpinou is conflicting with a lot of mods. I had to removed it.

make sure you have the latest update. i can
    t look it up cause i go to work soon.

wonderful whims was also recently upddated they were having problems reading each other.

luth if i'm not allowed to post this information i can edit after work. were down to2 people and 2 managers so they need me. 2 is counting me.
  • NightlyCoffeeNightlyCoffee Posts: 455 Member

WooHoo Wellness uses custom tunings for pregnancy, so any mod that checks EA's tuning won't recognize a pregnancy. So, this does make WooHoo Wellness incompatible with some mods.
  • simgirl542simgirl542 Posts: 1,071 Member
    My traits are up to date and I still get that issue.
    I did remove a good portion of them too.
    Celebrating 11 years on this forum. Simming proudly since 2001.
  • maglev666maglev666 Posts: 72 Member
    maglev666 wrote: »
    iZggAfh.png

My top right buttons are broken. I spent ages yesterday doing 50/50, eventually I found the broken mod, replaced it with an update and it was working fine. Today its broken again * cries *

edit: nvm I figured it out XD

p.s. thank you OP for this super helpful post!

So which mod was causing it for you? May help others to know.

OK, I did my 50/50 and found what was doing it to me. TwistedMexi's Build Mode Freecam.
    iZggAfh.png

My top right buttons are broken. I spent ages yesterday doing 50/50, eventually I found the broken mod, replaced it with an update and it was working fine. Today its broken again * cries *

OK, I did my 50/50 and found what was doing it to me. TwistedMexi's Build Mode Freecam.

Have you got the current version?
  • SimsLady2000SimsLady2000 Posts: 1,236 Member
    FYI: MCCC just provided a new version this morning, MCCC 2021.1 (2021.1.PR3).
    iZggAfh.png

He updated the camera to fix this. Also, if you have Better Build Buy, you don't need this mod.
    The Sims is NOT a game, it's a lifestyle choice.

My Plumbob is GREEN today :D
    @SimsLady2000 That's a Patreon pre-release, so not public yet.

Updated Mods
    Purchase Pet Items Anywhere (Srsly)
    Kinda Sorta a Mod Update
    For those of you looking for a More Clubs Per Sim (Neia) replacement, King Zace (with help from Srsly and Neia) has released 15 Clubs Per Sim.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top