Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

N.A.Ps are driving me crazy !!

You know when you notice your community lots are missing items because the Sharing is Caring NAP is enabled even though you never voted, you never played in this neighborhood, in which no sims even live because it's just community lots ?? Or your electricity/water is cut off because of a neighborhood action plan you never voted for. Yeah, it's so annoying. These are just a few examples.
And If you want that neighborhood action plan cancelled you have to get votes....except you can't since no sims are living in the neighborhood!! So you're stuck with it, or you have to move in a sim, have then get votes and cancel it.

So what I'm saying is it would be nice to be able to either disable or change NAPs for the neighborhood your sim is living in from the NAP board if there is one or better yet, clicking on your sim's mailbox without having to get influence points beforehand. It just would be way easier.

Comments

• zheplayszheplays Posts: 24 Member
    I just turn off NPC voting in the game settings. It stops NAPS from being enacted when I'm not bothering with it, so the game doesn't implement anything I don't want it to.
    Find me on Tumblr and Instagram at zheplays !
    siempre bruja.
  • InuMiroLoverInuMiroLover Posts: 1,184 Member
    zheplays wrote: »
    I just turn off NPC voting in the game settings. It stops NAPS from being enacted when I'm not bothering with it, so the game doesn't implement anything I don't want it to.

Thats weird since I have turnt off NPC voting and the NAPs still occur in my game. I dont mind them, but I had to find a mod to completely stop Sharing Is Caring. I dont appreciate builds Ive worked on getting torn up all because that NAP insists on being state law everywhere. >:T
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,716 Member
    edited May 2021
    You should be able to enable or disable NAP's in a neighborhood immediately by enabling testingcheats and then shift click on a mailbox.

If you didn't turn off NAP voting in the settings when you installed the pack then there could be NAP's active in your game, then you have no choice but to go to every neighborhood and disable them.
  • Ray_TraceRay_Trace Posts: 509 Member
    edited May 2021
    Sharing is Caring is probably one of the worst executed ideas I've ever seen in the Sims. I think its original intent was for it to be used in a community lot, but no, it applied to your household as well. I legit thought it was a bug that my items were disappearing off my lot since I didn't vote in NAPs, but no, it's this Stealing Is Feeling NAP that was causing it, and I got a mod that outright disabled it.

Then, we've got Food Aficionado. That in theory should be a decent NAP. If it wasn't bugged so that your Sims didn't spammed White Cake at every opportunity they got, then I would have enjoyed it.

We Wear Bags is so stupid and even has some of my unplayed Sims wear these dumb bags on their heads as well as every single ghost that visited my lot. I had to get rid of it immediately.

I didn't live with the other highly intrusive ones such as Good Ol' Times, Roughhousing Encouraged (I wouldn't have minded that one if it didn't make everyone -including townies- despise each other), or the one that has your electricity cut off. The only NAP I hadn't repealed that I know of is Self-Sufficiency, which is a good one. I'm keeping autonomous voting off because of those negative experiences I had with the NAPs.
    A1hnP0t.png
  • CK213CK213 Posts: 20,528 Member
    It wasn't worth the hassle for me.
    I uninstalled that pack.

Well, reinstalled everything without installing it again. :p
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • Ray_TraceRay_Trace Posts: 509 Member
    edited May 2021
    Also, I've got a list of how bugged these NAPs are and how badly they mess with your Sims' autonomy and how poorly tuned they are. If any of you had those sudden issues, like I had with White Cake obsession, you can blame one of these things that, in theory sound good in paper but in practice are very annoying to deal with because they apply to your Sim autonomy and mess with their personality:

unknown.png

I think some of these may have been fixed with tuning patches but I've still noticed the white cake spam and I don't think anything has been done to address how obnoxious Sharing is Caring is.
    A1hnP0t.png
  • kwanzaabotkwanzaabot Posts: 2,440 Member
    edited May 2021
    Ray_Trace wrote: »
    Also, I've got a list of how bugged these NAPs are and how badly they mess with your Sims' autonomy and how poorly tuned they are. If any of you had those sudden issues, like I had with White Cake obsession, you can blame one of these things that, in theory sound good in paper but in practice are very annoying to deal with because they apply to your Sim autonomy and mess with their personality:

unknown.png

I think some of these may have been fixed with tuning patches but I've still noticed the white cake spam and I don't think anything has been done to address how obnoxious Sharing is Caring is.

Considering ALL WE DO is complain that TS4 Sims don't have distinct personalities, I WISH I knew why Maxis thought making every Sim in a neighborhood act the same way because of which NAP was activated was in any way, shape, or form, a good idea.

If NAPs were pure gameplay: better skill gains, better career gains, increased/decreased bills etc etc, they would have been a LOT better received.

Instead Maxis decided "this is how your Sims will behave, like it or lump it".

I wish I understood why.
    wJbomAo.png