Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Burglars?!

MElleSimsMElleSims Posts: 77 Member
Did anybody see SimErin's (I think) video about burglars possibly coming to the Sims 4? Could it be legit?

Edit: Basically, as I understand it, it's something on the patch notes that is causing the speculation.

Comments

• Options
    CopperBoltCopperBolt Posts: 132 Member
    I think there's a good possibility. It's a fan-favourite feature that wouldn't take a ton of time to implement...but my guess is that there would be something like the burglar getting scared off by an alarm vs. the cops showing up.
  • Options
    CopperBolt wrote: »
    I think there's a good possibility. It's a fan-favourite feature that wouldn't take a ton of time to implement...but my guess is that there would be something like the burglar getting scared off by an alarm vs. the cops showing up.

So burglars but no cops? I mean it would still be sooo exciting. I'm wondering if the patch notes are reliable in this case. I think in the past they have been true to what's come in the future, like kits.
  • Options
    TTNsimmerTTNsimmer Posts: 669 Member
    I think we will get burglars in a free update. I hope we also get a burglar stuff pack in summer with a burglar freelancer career.
  • Options
    kostasmpi wrote: »
    I think we will get burglars in a free update. I hope we also get a burglar stuff pack in summer with a burglar freelancer career.

I think there was once an expansion survey that suggested thief as an active career, though if burglars do come to the sims in a free update i think it's more possible that an active career would be something a bit different than just a typical burglar. I would like more crime in the sims actually and I think they could make it work without raising the rating.
  • Options
    ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    I sure hope not fireman poofing on the lot bad is bad enough if they add burglars I need cops cars to come with them otherwise I'd rather never get the feature.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • Options
    TTNsimmerTTNsimmer Posts: 669 Member
    MElleSims wrote: »

I think there was once an expansion survey that suggested thief as an active career, though if burglars do come to the sims in a free update i think it's more possible that an active career would be something a bit different than just a typical burglar. I would like more crime in the sims actually and I think they could make it work without raising the rating.

I was thinking something along the lines of the paranormal investigator. I dont think I need a full fledged game pack about burglars.
  • Options
    ChadSims2 wrote: »
    I sure hope not fireman poofing on the lot bad is bad enough if they add burglars I need cops cars to come with them otherwise I'd rather never get the feature.

Agree with this. I would really prefer cops to come and arrest them like in the sims 3 instead of an alarm that scares them away or something.
  • Options

I was thinking something along the lines of the paranormal investigator. I dont think I need a full fledged game pack about burglars.

I think the survey suggested it as part of a "dream jobs" expansion where you could be a rockstar or astronaut or thief and stuff like that. But I don't remember for sure.
  • Options
    bixtersbixters Posts: 2,299 Member
    I'm not convinced these patch notes are good evidence. They had proof of horses in the patch notes a couple years ago, and nothing came of it. So I'm not holding my breath over Burglars anytime soon.
    I would LOVE LOVE LOVE burglars in the game, but I just don't think the patch notes are great evidence....
  • Options
    bixters wrote: »
    I'm not convinced these patch notes are good evidence. They had proof of horses in the patch notes a couple years ago, and nothing came of it. So I'm not holding my breath over Burglars anytime soon.
    I would LOVE LOVE LOVE burglars in the game, but I just don't think the patch notes are great evidence....

Yeah, that was actually my worry as well. I think features like this in the patch notes have actually been scrapped at some point a lot of the times. But I'm still hoping for horses. If they were ever planned maybe they'd realease them in a game/expansion pack with a country theme...it's a too ambitious hope from what they've given us so far but...i really really want them.
  • Options
    bixtersbixters Posts: 2,299 Member
    bixters wrote: »

Yeah, that was actually my worry as well. I think features like this in the patch notes have actually been scrapped at some point a lot of the times. But I'm still hoping for horses. If they were ever planned maybe they'd realease them in a game/expansion pack with a country theme...it's a too ambitious hope from what they've given us so far but...i really really want them.

I agree. I think they scrap features that are in the patch notes. We also found hints about Story Progression, and where did that go?
    I'd love to be optimistic, but patch notes don't mean anything.
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,127 Member
    Ooo, I can remake my Minx klepto sim. With an actually Burglar, she will be so wickedly fun. ha ha ha :D
  • Options
    KartaiKartai Posts: 1,206 Member
    They better make the music more scary then sims 1 burglar and they should bring back prank calls as scary as the sims 1. ;)
  • Options
    EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,918 Member
    If we get burglars , in a month those are nerfed to actually giving stuff to your sims, not stealing any..
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina
  • Options
    texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    If we get burglars , in a month those are nerfed to actually giving stuff to your sims, not stealing any..

Haha so true!
  • Options
    FleurraFleurra Posts: 19 Member
    I want the creepy stranger phone calls back from TS1.
  • Options
    BitterBubblyBitterBubbly Posts: 70 Member
    My only concern with burglars is the "overkill" that tends to happen in this game...like the constant fires that happened with Outdoor Retreat because sims became obsessed with adding logs to the fire (11 fires in 5 in-game/sim hours is a bit excessive, and I had to end the vacation early because gameplay became 100% about extinguishing fires) or the obsessive cooking (and having the last keg party I threw become nothing but a cooking extravaganza during which the guests crowded into the kitchen and cooked over 30 plates of food while never touching the keg OR the fully stocked buffet), or the appliances that break nearly every day...or any of the things I've heard about the Bust the Dust kit...stuff that happens when ONE feature takes over the entire game and completely dominates gameplay.

That's what concerns me about adding burglars to the game.

My worry is that it would be completely overkilled and/or play out the same way the "Sharing is Caring" NAP did, only there'd be no way to disable it, our houses would be completely cleaned out and empty in a matter of days, and no one would ever get to sleep through the night again...and what if items that aren't replaceable - like paintings done from reference of your now grown sim kids when they were little - are among the things that get stolen?

Occasional burglaries would be fine, but if it's implemented the way most things in this game seem to be, it'll be burglars all night, every night, and I'd rather not have burglars at all than have that happen. If it's going to be done, it REALLY needs to be done right and set to occur at a reasonable frequency
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,959 Member
    I sure hope that if burglars come
    my own sims can catch them too
    and perhaps addition to detective career so they get some catching burglar gigs would be cool
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,918 Member
    Simmingal wrote: »
    and perhaps addition to detective career so they get some catching burglar gigs would be cool

Maybe some kind of freelance career.. like bounty hunter or something ? :p
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina
  • Options
    orenjiAiorenjiAi Posts: 569 Member
    Isn't it sad that this is the only way I see them patching in burglars at all? As a randomly-generated one-dimensional afterthought NPC whose only purpose is to be caught by dysfunctional police dancing to woohoo music? They have 0% success in stealing stuff too 'coz the other simmers would complain that they are too intrusive lol. All for the low low price of $20! :smiley:
  • Options
    simmernat001simmernat001 Posts: 1 New Member
    I really hope that burglars are making a come back. I sure missed burglars.
  • Options
    ncisGibbs02ncisGibbs02 Posts: 2,019 Member
    edited June 2021
    If the rumours are true, I hope there’s an opt out button. I haven’t missed burglars and it’s been seven years! 🙄. Why do they wait so long and then add stuff in.

It’s odd that all of the NPCs like the repo, nanny and repair service etc were left out in the base game launch only one by one to get added. I forget that NPCs are back after so long 🤦🏼‍♂️.
    Post edited by ncisGibbs02 on
    Now alternating between Sims 2,3 and 4! 😊☕️🌞
  • Options
    marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    edited June 2021
    Simmingal wrote: »

Maybe some kind of freelance career.. like bounty hunter or something ? :p

active career would be better in a game pack with a secret headquarters for criminals and two careers one for criminals and one for bounty hunters.

steal candy from toddlers
    break in
    robbed in the street's
    Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

• Options
    Amapola76Amapola76 Posts: 1,904 Member
    CopperBolt wrote: »

I don't think we need to get into an in-depth political discussion about this, but I strongly suspect that adding new gameplay related to calling the cops on someone is not something that the TS4 team would want to touch with a ten-foot pole right now.

Just a burglar with an alarm would probably be a lot less sensitive, though. It's not something I personally have missed, but I guess a lot of people do?