Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Supernatural Disable Option

2...Next

Comments

• bythedreadwolfbythedreadwolf Posts: 832 Member
    I'm one of the people that likes to keep the game realistic, so I agree. I haven't bought GTW yet, but I plan to someday but I really don't like the idea of having my sims go out and meet other sims and they end up being aliens in disguise. We should at least have an option to stop disguise aliens from being generated, unless you visit the alien world or are in the scientist career.
  • TarruviTarruvi Posts: 1,227 Member
    yeah! Options to disable some supernatural creatures, and an option to have entire towns 100% composed of Witches, Vampires, and Werewolves! XD
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • RNelsen80RNelsen80 Posts: 1 New Member
    > @Scobre said:
    > It is actually pretty funny though. Most of the supernatural ideas came from real medical conditions. Like witches came from a side effect of bad bread. It is really interesting looking up the origins of them. But yeah options would be nice.

What? No! No, this isn't true. Witches did not "come from a side effect of bad bread." You're spouting a *theory,* not a fact, and you're still getting it wrong.

There are NO "medical conditions" that explain why people believe in *witches*. None. What you're talking about are 1) medical conditions that people used to (and, sometimes, still do) believe were the product of curses created BY witches, and 2) looking at historical claims of witchcraft and supposing that there must be some real-world explanation, i.e. a medical condition, for it.

No, it's not the same thing, and yes, it matters. Saying "witches came from a side effect of bad bread" is ignorant.

That said, it's also nowhere near certain enough for you to declare that x came from y as if we know this for a fact, because we absolutely do not. People have *attempted to look at historical examples*, such as the Salem Witch Trials you're referencing here, and determine if there is evidence that people were misinterpreting medical conditions. However, this does not and should not lead you toward the conclusion that these people are correct.

Actual historians who have studied historical claims of witchcraft *don't* believe these claims of medical conditions explaining why individuals believed someone was afflicted by a witch's spell - and this is mentioned in the very article you linked to, along with the fact that the article makes it clear that these are theories that some people have suggested as explanations, not confirmed facts! Did you seriously just post a link without bothering to even read it?
  • AuroraskiesAuroraskies Posts: 1,834 Member
    Yes please, and thank you OP for the suggestion! If an on/off choice were added for the game generated vampires, all of them forever and to eternity; I could finally buy the lovely Vampires pack and play in the shady world and decorate with the luscious items.

If a toggle for game generated aliens were added I could finally have a sim enter the scientist career without having to deal with unabashed aliens and their inappropriate probing.
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,122 Member
    I love Supernaturals however, I wouldn't mind options in the Menu Options to turn on or off any Occult I want.
  • mlnov39mlnov39 Posts: 2,294 Member
    edited May 2021
    If werewolves or zombies are added please give us the options to disable them.
    Unfortunately they entice us with building content/items & cute clothes in the same pack. I don't
    play vampires, mermaids, witches, ghost hunters or plant sims. I do like aliens, but there
    hasn't been an abduction in my game in, literally, years.
  • AmavariAmavari Posts: 167 Member
    As long as I can finally have my "realism" toggle so my medieval sims stop pulling out phones I'm all for it, even moreso if by adding an off switch to occults they can finally stop neutering the occults they do add by making them stay in certain towns and making it so that they don't actually do anything supernatural when they show up.
  • AmeliaToddAmeliaTodd Posts: 226 Member
    I'm all for a toggle, it be great if everyone could enjoy the game the way they want. I have witches and vampires living in all sort of towns and places and it all feels very natural to me, but if someone wants a toggle to assign which occult state goes where, it's all good as long as it doesn't limits the players who don't follow that particular game play.

However I'm very surprised reading how sims = realistic elements was an original concept when we have grim reaper in the game? He is probably one of the most iconic occult character there is and playing one very important role in life, the death. Bonehilda was introduced in the original sims game too, sims always had occult,quirkiness and weirdness since the very beginning. It's a completely different issue if some players prefer less of it, plus it weirds me out when people suggest that one way of playing is more valid than another especially because of some presumed majority.
  • AmeliaToddAmeliaTodd Posts: 226 Member
    > @chidoriaida said:
    > Agreed! I am so tired of male sims getting pregnant. I don't mind them getting abducted, but getting pregnant is another story. There are also too many NPC aliens in disguise. Sometimes I like to have my sims date and marry NPCs, but often times that NPC is an alien. Then I had to change my target cuz I don't want alien babies. I wish there is a label for aliens under their name when we put the cursor over them.

I can see how that can be frustrating. For me it's the opposite, I constantly get aliens that looks like aliens wandering the streets, when I first started playing the game it was as you described and you couldn't tell off the bat if someone was an alien, something I really like and wish it was back, I like the element of surprise it had!
  • friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,545 Member
    i fully agree with this other than playing aliens on occasion i am not a fan of ghost vampires or other supernatural so toggles to turn them off in game would be a nice feature to add.
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • EA_LeelooEA_Leeloo Posts: 2,019 EA Staff (retired)
    Hey there,

Since this thread was bumped after over 5 years, I'm closing it as per our necroposting rules.

- Leeloo
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top