Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Fairies is (not) the next Game Pack 😔

OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
In the last livestream the sims team announced that in a few weeks they will be announcing a new game pack and a kit, there's been a lot of theorising that this upcoming game pack will be fairies, so I wanted to make a thread to specifically discuss the rumors and possibility of a fairies game pack, and any wishes/wants anyone has for the pack!

The biggest hint we have pointing to fairies at the moment is a tweet one of the gurus made a few weeks ago, this tweet was in response to another tweet asking if you could play in a world for a weekend what would it be.

This tweet sparked fairy rumors as they suggested something very similar for a fairies pack in an survey a few years ago, and recently they've been making a lot of packs inspired by old surveys. In this survey they suggested a fairies pack with a "hidden fairy world that would only work if you're playing the new fairy sims"

bFj5jBh.png
It's sort of been dismissed as the gurus messing around, but we now know the original tweet was hinting at the pack trials which started last weekend so it's still possible that this tweet could also be a hint, and it's very coincidental that these tweets came just days before they announced a game pack was coming...

They've also been releasing occults every other year - aliens in 2015, vampires in 2017, then spellcasters and mermaids in 2019 so it's very likely we'll see a new occult this year. What are your thoughts on a possible fairies pack and what would you want to see in it if it is the next pack? (Please no fighting between occult vs family players)
Post edited by Onverser on

Comments

• luxsylvanluxsylvan Posts: 1,922 Member
    I'd like a fairy pack and I'd consider getting it. I never played fairies if they were in the other games. But, my interest level goes way way down if they're restricted to their own world. Why should occults be restricted in their own pack? What if I want to add a fairy somewhere else? I still don't have ROM because I think it's such an egregious error for that pack that the magical world isn't the livable one. My other thing is the emphasis on mischief--I just personally don't care for the mischief skill. But I like the idea of wings and flight and magic.

The potential hints seem promising, that survey really is convincing.
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,954 Member
    edited May 2021
    (Please no fighting between occult vs family players)

stumbled upon this picture other day searching for something else and i just thought its literally the whole family vs occult feud
    bq8f9z4l6x251.jpg
    it is of no use to fight each other over if we should use pitchforks or Torch meanwhile ea sits there munching popcorn giving neither what we want

anyway back to fairy topic i wish for Faerie Queen Mara style cas items cause i want to recreate her in ts4
    Mara_Faerie_Queen.png

a nice fairy kingdom kind of world or world where sims can live inside huge trees would be cool

and for fairies themselves i wish there also be evil fairies and the more ethereal versions not only the tinkerbell type
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • gamercatgamercat Posts: 208 Member
    I think and am worried that the kit will be Fairys just here me out the only differents between a fairy and a spellcaster is wings just add that and a few new spells like turning sims into frogs and fairy's kit but I realy want it to be a game pack instead becouse if we get fairys I want the fairy's to be flushed out
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,381 Member
    Maybe the next occult will be a genie. I just saw they leaked the new kit ant it's middle eastern architecture and furniture.
  • elelunicyelelunicy Posts: 2,004 Member
    I don't see fairies or any other occults getting their own dedicated game pack. Vampires and witches did because they are by far the two most popular life states. Why would other far less popular occults receive the same treatment? It's basically asking for less sales for the same amount of work.

Even mermaids were only a small part of an EP and not at all fleshed out, and mermaids are arguably the 3rd most popular occult.

Sure, fairies were on their survey as a game pack, but what's the point of a survey if they were just going to make everything on it anyway. Witches were on the same survey as fairies. Clearly witches won over fairies.

The-Sims-4-Witches-Game-Pack.jpg
    qidpmcvgek8y.png
  • OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    Since the kits leaked it seems definite now that they're announcing them in the next week! We should be getting a pack trailer on either Tuesday, Wednesday or Thursday this week :)
  • DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,354 Member
    What I want for Faeries, I highly doubt they'll give me. Too expensive.

So I'll settle for elemental powers - Garden Faeries, Water Sprites, etc. Some form of Faerie Courts (Seelie vs. Unseelie) and a Faerie Realm. I can probably wrangle things from there into something suitable.
  • KamioKamio Posts: 2,213 Member
    I doubt I’m going to get what I want built in to a fairy pack. I really want some sort of court system almost similar to witches and the mages in Realm of Magic. I doubt they’d repeat this idea though. I’d be keen for a more dark elf vibe to fairies rather than cutsie petals and fairy princesses one.

I think it would be cool to have something along the lines of a Sun and Moon court or Summer, Autumn, Winter, Spring courts.

What I think we’d get is garden fairies and a new world. I think fairies will have a full size human form and smaller fairy form. I think they’ll be a small glowing light in fairy form in sim world. Maybe rattle in the kitchen cupboards, daze Sims, make water spurts from plumbing, maybe bestow a favour of sims that shrink them down to fairy sizes. I think they’ll be able to visit a new world just for fairies with big mushrooms and oversized flowers. I don’t think it will be liveable. I think a lot will be rabbit hole or mainly aesthetics like the magic realm. Maybe there will be a fairy Queen.
    Simming since 2001!! Origin ID: KamioMax[/center]
  • CrazyNinjaCrazyNinja Posts: 24 Member
    If the pack is fairies, I totally agree with what others have said about a court system. I LOVE the idea of elemental magic and courts like Sun, Moon, seasonal ones, etc... unfortunately I don’t think that we’ll get them with a fairies pack unless the devs really decide to go all in with it.

I do think that fairies have a lot more potential for options for skill trees if they put in the effort to differentiate them from Spellcasters because of the various myths, legends, and lore, but at this point I just hope if we get them that they are decently fleshed out and not just Spellcasters without wands and some sparkly wings.

I also really like the idea of a darker/evil fairy... maybe they will give enough content for players to choose whether they want to play the garden fairy princesses or evil fairies :) I can’t wait to see what the announce in the coming weeks!
  • freyaplaysfreyaplays Posts: 5 New Member
    > @CrazyNinja said:
    > If the pack is fairies, I totally agree with what others have said about a court system. I LOVE the idea of elemental magic and courts like Sun, Moon, seasonal ones, etc... unfortunately I don’t think that we’ll get them with a fairies pack unless the devs really decide to go all in with it.
    >
    > I do think that fairies have a lot more potential for options for skill trees if they put in the effort to differentiate them from Spellcasters because of the various myths, legends, and lore, but at this point I just hope if we get them that they are decently fleshed out and not just Spellcasters without wands and some sparkly wings.
    >
    > I also really like the idea of a darker/evil fairy... maybe they will give enough content for players to choose whether they want to play the garden fairy princesses or evil fairies :) I can’t wait to see what the announce in the coming weeks!

Omg I would love seasonal court fairies! If they put research into fairy myth like courts, fairytales, and offerings, it could be made decently different to the spellcasters. Perhaps the darker aspects like swapping babies could bring back the(what I have heard) level of old Sims games mischief and scandal.
    Although personally I feel like the pack wont be this :(
    edited May 2021
    Oh, man... imagine if you weren't a Faerie but somehow could go to the faerie realm... and then couldn't eat anything that wasn't already in your inventory while there, or else your sim would be stuck there for ... a while.

Meanwhile, there are all these new plants and foods...

That and Changeling babies...
  • ChocoSulSulChocoSulSul Posts: 182 Member
    No. I do not believe it
  • CelSimsCelSims Posts: 2,270 Member
    edited May 2021
    DaWaterRat wrote: »
    Oh, man... imagine if you weren't a Faerie but somehow could go to the faerie realm... and then couldn't eat anything that wasn't already in your inventory while there, or else your sim would be stuck there for ... a while.

Meanwhile, there are all these new plants and foods...

That and Changeling babies...

Changelings would be what I wanted most from faeries I think. My culture is rich in fae myth and disneys pricess fairy stuff just isn't it.
    And add leaving offerings of flowers, fruit or baked goods as a holiday tradition. We recently had that in one of our holidays :) I left out some honey cakes which the ants eagerly accepted on the faeries behalf :D
  • LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,227 Member
    edited May 2021
    elelunicy wrote: »
    I don't see fairies or any other occults getting their own dedicated game pack. Vampires and witches did because they are by far the two most popular life states. Why would other far less popular occults receive the same treatment? It's basically asking for less sales for the same amount of work.

Don't forget these ones. Same thing happened to the Servos.

• OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    edited May 2021

Even mermaids were only a small part of an EP and not at all fleshed out, and mermaids are arguably the 3rd most popular occult.

Sure, fairies were on their survey as a game pack, but what's the point of a survey if they were just going to make everything on it anyway. Witches were on the same survey as fairies. Clearly witches won over fairies.

It's not a competition? They added all of them in past games so it's likely that they'll add them to 4 as well 🤷
  • LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,227 Member
    edited May 2021
    "You know that Harry Potter GP only works if you are playing with Spellcaster sims and the new Magicland. " :p
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,914 Member
    edited May 2021
    If that kit is an indication of the next pack it could be occult.

I always liked the genies in Sims 2 and an Arabian Nights world would go nicely with the leaked kit. Flying carpets anyone?

If not Maxis, could you think about it?
  • JustinJustin Posts: 731 Member
    Simburian wrote: »

I always liked the genies in Sims 2 and an Arabian Nights world would go nicely with the leaked kit. Flying carpets anyone?

I have never thought about flying carpets in the sims tbh. I would be down with that. As long as you can have at least 1 other sim fly with you. I dislike IL boats because you can’t have more then 1 person /:
  • TTNsimmerTTNsimmer Posts: 669 Member
    Onverser wrote: »

It's not a competition? They added all of them in past games so it's likely that they'll add them to 4 as well 🤷
    Plus the redacted world that only works for a specific type of sim definitely implies fairies.
  • bixtersbixters Posts: 2,299 Member
    edited May 2021
    Simburian wrote: »

We don't have any Middle Easter worlds yet. And the new Kit is Morrocan...so this sounds like a plausible guess!

I just hope it's not like Strangerville with an awful story, no thank you. But genis and a Middle Eastern inspired world sound awesome!
  • orenjiAiorenjiAi Posts: 569 Member
    I have to admit, I don’t know much about fairies so I have no idea what to expect. The only fairy I know of is the tooth fairy and the Disney Tinkerbell one. 💀 That said, I play for realism so their makeup and fantastical outfits would make for nice costumes. I saw in another thread this image of a home in a tree stump and everything else is supersized. I really hope the build items are a little more flexible though. I guess I would be fine with twiggy and floral furniture (even though I think the country cottage look had already been done to death) but toadstool tables, I really don’t know how to feel about that. Lol
    Much as I would love a Moroccan or Middle Eastern world, I don't think the kit should be taken as a hint to the nature of the Game Pack. Simply because I'd like to think that they learned from the My First Pet Stuff Fiasco and thought this through enough to avoid accusations of putting stuff that "should" be in the Game pack in a kit released at the same time.

On the other hand, if the Game Pack includes enough Build/Buy items that the Kit feels more complementary than a "necessary" add-on, I'll take a Middle Eastern world with Genies.

I mean, I still think it's a school pack and the tweets last week were either related to the trials or them just messing around, but if it was a hint, a Faerie world does make the most sense.
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,954 Member
    edited May 2021
    well even if its related i think moroccan objects and build stuff could still work really well with fairy kingdom too due to the daintly small details :wink:
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • AntwerpoAntwerpo Posts: 90 Member
    edited May 2021
    Aren't you just reading all too much in those tweets? I can't even put the word fairies in that sentence and make it sound acceptable. The redacted part could be "Morocco", "muslim" and "Courtyard Oasis Kit" and there you go that was the big reveal. No fairies, no werewolves. Just an announcement for a kit.