Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

No Farming EP but Farming Kits, which one must be the first?

Mak27Mak27 Posts: 1,111 Member
edited May 2021 in The Sims 4 Ideas Corner
This is the case:

EA offers Farming Kits with even a roadmap instead a whole pack to focused in Generations or Supernatural like packs, but Farming will be a thing in the end.

The chooses are:

Chicken coop: fresh eggs, chicks interactions and Charles the Evil Chickens returns

Cow dairy: fresh milk

Sheep corral: fresh milk (sheep milk will have unique recipes) and fiber

Canning station: produces sauces, pickles and canned food for selling

Grandpa tractor: take care and harvest many plants at once with a tractor

Greenhouse: much like the gardening station from TS3 Store, but this time is a greenhouse room tool for build

Butter churn: makes butter, adding herbs to seasoning

Nectar making: two options: off the grid (TS Freeplay) and powered (TS3 World Adventures) to produce nectar. Includes new harvestables

Sewing: two options as well: vintage Singer and a electric powered one to craft new clothes, courtains teddies and other stuff.

Another: pig, goat, axe throwing, banjo, lawn mowing, pottery

Also, due all animals produces manure, without counting another organic scraps like pet poop and raked leaves, the composting bin will be added to the base game as a free update.

(No horses)

No Farming EP but Farming Kits, which one must be the first? 24 votes

Chicken coop
33%
luthienrisingashcrash19bizuktagPeralsimsplayer86KimmerGingasnap27Mak27 8 votes
Cow dairy
12%
112061emereEliteGirl 3 votes
Sheep corral
4%
CattyBetsy 1 vote
Canning station
4%
crocobaura 1 vote
Grandpa tractor
0%
Greenhouse
12%
AuroraBoreallisBluellesdhoey 3 votes
Butter churn
4%
SERVERFRA 1 vote
Nectar making
4%
ElizaG2016 1 vote
Sewing
8%
orenjiAiBookBear 2 votes
Another
16%
davina1221jcp011c2texxx78inkyviolet 4 votes

Comments

• kwanzaabotkwanzaabot Posts: 2,440 Member
    So which world are these farms supposed to make sense in?

Suburban World 1, Suburban World 2, Urban World 1, or smack-dab in the middle of Arizona Town's main street?
    wJbomAo.png
  • CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,451 Member
    Nah. EP before Kit.

And a bunch o’ horses because my Cowboy only owns a Cowplant, but no horse and his butt is getting restless.
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    Another
    Pigs.
  • inkyvioletinkyviolet Posts: 147 Member
    Another
    Needs to be an EP before Kit. Farming too multifaceted and would be seriously limited in a Kit then ticked off and never addressed again
  • lovemy4slovemy4s Posts: 153 Member
    kwanzaabot wrote: »
    So which world are these farms supposed to make sense in?

Suburban World 1, Suburban World 2, Urban World 1, or smack-dab in the middle of Arizona Town's main street?

I think the Brindleton Bay(?, cats and dogs ep) fits great with farming. All the houses fit that theme already and there are quite a few large lots. However, I think it needs to be an EP or at least a GP.

• HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    EP first for sure, but I wouldn't mind some hobbies that didn't make the cut added in a kit later. So I don't know whether to vote for what I'd expect/want in a Farm pack or what I think seems like a secondary thing lol.
    egTcBMc.png
  • Calico45Calico45 Posts: 2,038 Member
    I don't mind getting kits eventually, but I do want a larger pack to address it first. Then the missing things added via kits.
  • jcp011c2jcp011c2 Posts: 10,859 Member
    Another
    I want it all, but I accidentally clicked another - should be canning station IMO. but gosh do I really want all this.
    It's kind of sad that I have to point out that anything I say is only just my opinion and may be a different one from someone else.
  • marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    edited May 2021
    Mak27 wrote: »
    This is the case:

EA offers Farming Kits with even a roadmap instead a whole pack to focused in Generations or Supernatural like packs, but Farming will be a thing in the end.

The chooses are:

Chicken coop: fresh eggs, chicks interactions and Charles the Evil Chickens returns

Cow dairy: fresh milk

Sheep corral: fresh milk (sheep milk will have unique recipes) and fiber

Canning station: produces sauces, pickles and canned food for selling

Grandpa tractor: take care and harvest many plants at once with a tractor

Greenhouse: much like the gardening station from TS3 Store, but this time is a greenhouse room tool for build

Butter churn: makes butter, adding herbs to seasoning

Nectar making: two options: off the grid (TS Freeplay) and powered (TS3 World Adventures) to produce nectar. Includes new harvestables

Sewing: two options as well: vintage Singer and a electric powered one to craft new clothes, courtains teddies and other stuff.

Another: pig, goat, axe throwing, banjo, lawn mowing, pottery

Also, due all animals produces manure, without counting another organic scraps like pet poop and raked leaves, the composting bin will be added to the base game as a free update.

(No horses)

no, thank you for any of that in kits.
    what about other's who don't want 10 kits of just farming.

GP/EP would be better
    Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

• JMEllis2020JMEllis2020 Posts: 25 Member
    If they plan on kits for farming, I'd want them to add animals through kits instead of putting them inside the farming game pack. This way they could give us farming and give us the option to not purchase the animals, because some people don't want the animal part of farming. I personally don't mind them including everything in an EP, but I know some people wouldn't even get it if there were animals included.
  • bizuktagbizuktag Posts: 552 Member
    Chicken coop
    I can't see them doing a sewing kit. Too much overlap with the Knitting pack, which was a whole stuff pack (and suggests they couldn't fit a similarly-sized skill in a kit).
  • Mak27Mak27 Posts: 1,111 Member
    Chicken coop
    If they plan on kits for farming, I'd want them to add animals through kits instead of putting them inside the farming game pack. This way they could give us farming and give us the option to not purchase the animals, because some people don't want the animal part of farming. I personally don't mind them including everything in an EP, but I know some people wouldn't even get it if there were animals included.

Maybe, the remaining animal from an eventual farming EP can be added as Kits.

For example, if farming only includes chickens, cows, sheep and horses, the pigs and goat can be released as kits.
  • ashcrash19ashcrash19 Posts: 4,404 Member
    Chicken coop
    If they released a farming EP, but had anything that didn't fit as a kit I'd be okay. I don't want it all in kits though.
    "Not All Who Wander Are Lost"-Tolkien
    Origin ID: simaddict1990
  • davina1221davina1221 Posts: 3,656 Member
    Another
    We would never get all those. Ever. Not even a forth. Kits won't be a bunch of same idea stuff. It would have to be in an EP to be worth it. Kits are for odd ball ad ons not stuff like farming in which there's plenty to make an EP with. The only way to make farming worth having is in EP form.
  • bixtersbixters Posts: 2,299 Member
    I don't want any Farming Kits. It should be an Expansion Pack, or at least a Game Pack. If these are all Kits, you'll end up spending more money in the long run.
  • KironideKironide Posts: 804 Member
    I'd prefer farming items be included in a dedicated EP/game pack because there's enough possible hero items to make a large pack. Kits should be used for more niche activities/items.
  • ncisGibbs02ncisGibbs02 Posts: 2,019 Member
    edited May 2021
    Sorry not to be voting. It’s a great idea you have and thank you for taking the time to make it. 😎👍.

I love you chose cows 🐮 , sheep 🐑 and chickens 🐓 among the choices. I’m glad you didn’t forget tractors. 🚜.

I think I’d prefer an EP first. An EP usually comes with its own world which I think would be better for farming. Something along the lines of Riverhills from Sims 3 with lots of fields etc.

10 kits = 4.99 x10 which adds up. I don’t mind buying the odd kit that appeals. 10 towards the same theme would seem excessive.

So I wouldn’t say no completely. Perhaps a kit pack after the EP that could have any missing stuff or additional items that were requested etc.
    Now alternating between Sims 2,3 and 4! 😊☕️🌞
  • ChampandGirlieChampandGirlie Posts: 2,482 Member
    I'm just chiming in because I read this and thought, "I don't want any of this as a kit, make it a larger pack." I see that other people said basically the same thing. I'm fine with the kit concept in a limited capacity for content that would otherwise be left out and that is optional but I wouldn't want to see kits taking content that really should fill a bigger pack.
    Champ and Girlie are dogs.