Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims™ 4 Courtyard Oasis Kit LEAKED (Release: 5/18)

Comments

• Options
    freyaplaysfreyaplays Posts: 5 New Member
    It's beautiful, I might have to finally buy a kit :D
    Maybe the next kit can be the map for Morocco? :*
  • Options
    GirlFromIpanemaGirlFromIpanema Posts: 843 Member
    I really like the concept of kits, the first three weren't for me, but I really like the look of this one.
  • Options
    SimmerGeorgeSimmerGeorge Posts: 2,724 Member
    edited May 2021
    I don't need more Build and Buy or CAS stuff. My game is absolutely cluttered with things I never use.
    Where's my Sims 5 squad at?
  • Options
    bixtersbixters Posts: 2,299 Member
    graventhe wrote: »
    No new gameplay, just few objects and decorations..skipping, glad I'm back to Sims 3..

Yeah, but if it IS indeed Redguard, we might get curved swords. Curved. Swords.

I appreciate the joke :) None of the guards in Skyrim appreciate a curved sword, with all the arrows they have in their knees :D
  • Options
    bixtersbixters Posts: 2,299 Member
    Looks beautiful, but still not buying.
    I'm waiting for more gameplay, not more Build and Buy.

*Also the fact that Kits have 1/3 the content of Stuff Packs and are overpriced*
  • Options
    Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,426 Member
    The screens look really good. Not a theme I desperately need so I think I will skip on this one. I will get the kitchen one before this one. But it's nice for those who like the style.
  • Options
    ReedfishReedfish Posts: 222 Member
    Just the other day I was looking through the Sims Freeplay section and admiring their Magical Morocco update, hoping we'd get something similar in Sims 4, and now we have! I hope the Palm Perfection set is coming too. Although hopefully they'd wait until we had cars in the base game so we could have that beautiful Cadillac too.
  • Options
    SimmerGeorgeSimmerGeorge Posts: 2,724 Member
    bixters wrote: »
    *Also the fact that Kits have 1/3 the content of Stuff Packs and are overpriced*

Absolutely.
    Where's my Sims 5 squad at?
  • Options
    BubblegumjonahBubblegumjonah Posts: 118 Member
    I don't see myself using this particular style, but I'm happy for the people that will enjoy this.
  • Options
    PlumbeebPlumbeeb Posts: 619 Member
    It looks great! We don't have many items with this particular style and aesthetic, so I'm definitely interested.

Honestly, I'm just happy that we're getting new content again lol. April felt like a very long month.
    Sims 4 Wish List:
    • > Option to toggle on/off random townie generation.
    • > Turn vacation worlds into residential worlds.
    • > Option to purchase separate worlds or a world pack.
    • > Sleepwear kit.
    • > Atomic age kit.
  • Options
    MeowchaFrappeMeowchaFrappe Posts: 840 Member
    This Kit actually looks really beautiful and I'm looking forward to it if I'm being honest. I don't really build much myself but I do renovate some of the homes I download from the gallery, and the items would look really lovely in a New Orleans style build, as well as Moroccan ones.

And it seems like there's a fairly decent amount of items to boot. I think I counted around 21 items between the two images.

Looks lovely and all...but this means we won't be getting a gamepack until June at the earliest it seems..so what's that 3 months without any gameplay elements added :(
    (ignoring Bust the dust as that was broken for so many players)

Correct me if I'm wrong (anyone can, not just the person I'm quoting by the way) but I don't think Kits affect the release schedule of Gamepacks? And there is a Gamepack in the works, so it's just a matter of waiting to hear information on it. (Hopefully next week.)
  • Options
    Calico45Calico45 Posts: 2,038 Member
    It's not my main style, but I like it. I have used some similar styles in other games. A shame there is no gameplay, but I love different tile and stone options.
  • Options
    netney52netney52 Posts: 1,214 Member
    edited May 2021
    I hope this is not another fake leak as it looks so nice and suits my gameplay style a lot. All the “leaks” which sound something I would like turn out to be fake so I’m feeling very pessimistic about this one.
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,866 Member
    Looks lovely and all...but this means we won't be getting a gamepack until June at the earliest it seems..so what's that 3 months without any gameplay elements added :(
    (ignoring Bust the dust as that was broken for so many players)

Here's the comment from SimGuruFrost on pack releases and kits.

• Options
    netney52netney52 Posts: 1,214 Member
    Another idea is to make an outdoor community venue featuring the Morrocan food stall.

Jpg7FHZ.png

I love this if the leak is correct I will make one in my main save. Thank you for the idea :)
  • Options
    PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    edited May 2021
    No new gameplay, just few objects and decorations..skipping, glad I'm back to Sims 3..

If you prefer sims 3 then great, but why are we pretending sims 3 didn't release monthly store content that just had furniture and cas and slapped a 10 to 20 dollar price tag on it without gameplay?

That freaking store man. I'm so glad they stopped that. Talk about microtransactions!
  • Options
    eternalrainneternalrainn Posts: 373 Member
    I don't need more Build and Buy or CAS stuff. My game is absolutely cluttered with things I never use.

That's why I wish we had the ability to hide individual items forever, I use stuff from every pack I have, but could probably hide most of it. I know we can filter by pack, but that doesn't help much when I'm trying to get a broad look at everything.
  • Options
    graventhegraventhe Posts: 1,330 Member
    filipomel wrote: »

Yeah, but if it IS indeed Redguard, we might get curved swords. Curved. Swords.

Decorations, not useable, imagine if its included magic carpet or a genie or any new useful NEW gameplay but no its EA, so it's just another decorations that modders can do..

That the fact that people are getting too excited for a pack with zero gameplay makes the sims 4 future even more depressing..

Sims 2 and Sims 3 literally sold 20 dollar packs that included no new gameplay what so ever...

And almost nobody bought them so they realized their mistake of charging too much for contents with no gameplay so they stopped when making the Sims 4 packs..

Now we won't be getting (except once in year if we're lucky) any gameplay packs because alot more people are buying kits compared to sims 3 stuff packs so EA doesn't have to do quality packs now..

Also anyone can buy what they want, I just said this has consequences on alot of us who still have 0.1% hope that sims 4 will get quality packs before it ends (which is only 1 or 2 years left)
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,382 Member
    I guess they read their texts. :lol:
  • Options
    Darkshadow608Darkshadow608 Posts: 156 Member
    Duvelina wrote: »

Thanks for providing this! It's not my personal taste but there are plenty of assets I think I might use.

Question though... has anybody noticed the grey legs the tod has? 🤣
  • Options
    KathMHughesKathMHughes Posts: 441 Member
    I'm so excited for this. Looks so pretty. I have so many builds where I've tried to approximate Moroccan vibes but that doorway was super needed!

I own the complete Sims 4 collection, but I've never used the dust kit, and the country kitchen kit isn't my style. I do love love love the throwback 90s fashion kit (really really), but this one is even better. Is the hijab new too? I don't recall that texture in game.

I was hoping we'd get more cultural diversity with the kits, similar to Sims 3 store because I loved those. So glad for this!
  • Options
    graventhegraventhe Posts: 1,330 Member

Decorations, not useable, imagine if its included magic carpet or a genie or any new useful NEW gameplay but no its EA, so it's just another decorations that modders can do..

That the fact that people are getting too excited for a pack with zero gameplay makes the sims 4 future even more depressing..

Not everybody uses CC. Not everybody can use CC, such as console players. I think it’s OK that the option is there for folks who prefer a vanilla game or would like specific BB items without having to pay a fortune on a GP or EP just for a couple of chairs and a floor pattern.
    We all play the same game but nobody plays the same way.

There’s no reason for people NOT to get excited for content just because another person decided its not good enough for them. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Of course it's a good to be an option for console players, I never said it doesn't and wasnt attacking kits, I just said they making much more of this now it's like replacing stuff packs for sims 4 which were good and cheap and included NEW gameplay and objects and available to console players..

Btw the majority of people buying kits are on PC, and it's easy on PC to get CC that free and similar to EA ones..

I hope this pack makes people who want it happy, I'm just saying get ready because we wont be getting new gameplay yearly and 70-80% of future sims 4 will be replaced by kits..you'll see

Just as people who love this pack can express their excitement I can also express my disappointment cause I also paid for every expansion and gamepack and stuff pack this game has except a one or two..