March 29th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

MC Command Center Local Help/Chat Thread

Comments

• GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,294 Member
    @GalacticGal You probably want (MCCC > MC Pregnancy > Pregnant Sim Selection > Bypass Played Households), and (MCCC > MC Pregnancy > Marriage Sim Selection > Bypass Played Households) and (MCCC > MC Population > Moving Settings > Bypass Played Households) wouldn't hurt either. Just make sure they're marked as played in manage households (not just favourite them).

Thank you!
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • JyotaiJyotai Posts: 505 Member
    What exactly does MC Clean do?

The documentation page is very vague.

"The MC Cleaner module contains functionality to clean-up various aspects in Sims/lots/neighborhoods. This functionality runs automatically on scheduled nights at midnight, so there are no command-line actions for MC Cleaner. The schedule for all MC Cleaner events are shown on the overview page."

So what is cleaning.

MC Cleaner ---> Item Cleaner ---> Clean Item Parts ---> Top

What's that do?

If I pick the option to clean clothing tops... is every sim in my entire game going to be topless? Or does it look for bad CC files in all the tops? or...?

I don't use Discord because it doesn't support multiple accounts and I don't need folks at work wondering what I'm doing even on my own time. Until Discord catches up with every single other voice / video conferencing system, I limit where I use it:
  • BonxieBonxie Posts: 5,694 Member
    Jyotai wrote: »

"The MC Cleaner module contains functionality to clean-up various aspects in Sims/lots/neighborhoods. This functionality runs automatically on scheduled nights at midnight, so there are no command-line actions for MC Cleaner. The schedule for all MC Cleaner events are shown on the overview page."

So what is cleaning.

MC Cleaner ---> Item Cleaner ---> Clean Item Parts ---> Top

What's that do?

If I pick the option to clean clothing tops... is every sim in my entire game going to be topless? Or does it look for bad CC files in all the tops? or...?

There are some settings in other MCCC modules like MC CAS, MC Population or MC Marriage, which can be configured that way, that you need a some sort of processing to make them effective.

For example if you define a MC Dresser blacklist, which contains a certain top which you don't want to see in your game, MC Cleaner frequently checks all your sims regarding that top and removes it if found. Another example is that you can define a more complex relationship culling and MC Cleaner checks frequently regarding those rules and takes the respective actions. Pretty popular is the MC Cleaner option to synch newly married sim's last name, so that the couple have a common family name.

There are more things like presistent ghosts or culled sims, CAS items regarding age or gender or household names which can be fixed by MC Cleaner.
    Bonxie: Great Skua, stercorarius skua. Meet me on Fair Isle.
    Bonxie wrote: »

So what is cleaning.

There are some settings in other MCCC modules like MC CAS, MC Population or MC Marriage, which can be configured that way, that you need a some sort of processing to make them effective.

So MC Cleaner does nothing unless the other modules have blacklists / culling / etc setup - and then it runs the lists from those other modules?

Is It just a task runner? Running only those tasks you've explicitly defined in other modules?
    I don't use Discord because it doesn't support multiple accounts and I don't need folks at work wondering what I'm doing even on my own time. Until Discord catches up with every single other voice / video conferencing system, I limit where I use it:

So what is cleaning.

So MC Cleaner does nothing unless the other modules have blacklists / culling / etc setup - and then it runs the lists from those other modules?

Is It just a task runner? Running only those tasks you've explicitly defined in other modules?

Yes, that's the basic MC Cleaner functionality. The MC Cleaner tasks run automatically on scheduled nights at midnight. There are also settings (for example Relationsship Cleaning and Remove Items), which can be configured in MC Cleaner directly.

You might to to our website https://deaderpool-mccc.com and select Search > Settings Search.
    You can then select the MC Cleaner module in the Search Module seclection box.
    If you click on Search, you get a list of all available MC Cleaner settings and their dependencies to other modules.
    Some of the time in MCC I see that a value of '-1' is defined as unlimited. But some times it's there as the default and not defined as meaning anything.

I presume it always carries a meaning of 'unlimited' and can be used anywhere an integer value can be used?

edited May 2021
    Regarding yesterday's Sims 4 patch (PC: 1.74.59.1030 / Mac: 1.74.59.1230)
    there seems to be no issues with the current MCCC Version 8.1.1

There have been no errors reported so far after that EA update.
    Everything seems to work as expected.

Find the download link on this page:
    https://deaderpool-mccc.com/#/releases

Alternative DL site, just in case you're facing issues.
    https://www.patreon.com/posts/mc-command-8-1-1-50564012 - FREE DOWNLOAD!

If you are a Legacy user, stay on MCCC version 6.6.0.
    https://www.patreon.com/posts/mc-command-6-6-0-31490960 - FREE DOWNLOAD!

You might also have a look at @luthienrising's post regarding broken mods and CC:
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/989285/broken-updated-mods-cc-apr-may-2021-patches/p1

If you have any questions please ask,
    or visit our Discord: https://discord.gg/mccc

☆☆☆ Have Fun! ☆☆☆

#MCCC #Patch #Update
    Post edited by Bonxie on
    edited May 2021
    Some of the time in MCC I see that a value of '-1' is defined as unlimited. But some times it's there as the default and not defined as meaning anything.

I presume it always carries a meaning of 'unlimited' and can be used anywhere an integer value can be used?

No, that assumption is wrong. There are a lot of settings where the value "-1" doesn't represent the function "unlimited".

Examples:
    MCCC > MC CAS > Female Fit/Fat Limits (2 buttons)
    MCCC > MC Career > University Difficulty Adjustment
    MCCC > MCCC Settings > Relationship Settings > Friendship Difficulty Adjustment

There is a detailed descripton of every setting and the valid values in the setting windows or on our web page.
  • Bananas_45Bananas_45 Posts: 6,773 Member
    @Bonxie Hey! I am tagging you to see if maybe you have an answer for this poster. https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/989762/mccc-gardening-bug#latest
  • DanmanNefariusDanmanNefarius Posts: 947 Member
    edited May 2021
    is there a way to exclude random generated homeless trash from the mod when it picks sims to marry or get kids?? because i am truly fed up with random generated trash dominating my game even more due to this otherwise amazing mod! and it truly makes my blood boil to see my favorite sims like Zoe Patel being married of to those disgusting and revolting pears!
    edited May 2021
    is there a way to exclude random generated homeless trash from the mod when it picks sims to marry or get kids?? because i am truly fed up with random generated trash dominating my game even more due to this otherwise amazing mod! and it truly makes my blood boil to see my favorite sims like Zoe Patel being married of to those disgusting and revolting pears!

You might remove the MC_Marriage module from MCCC. The mod works fine without it, with the result that there is no autonomous mariage at all. Otherwise you can flag your favorite sims and/or the "trash" for no marriage. In both cases you have to do all the marriages manually (if intended).

You might set MCCC > MC Pregnancy > Marriage Sim Selection > Marriage Percentage to 0 (zero) which also stops autonomous marriage, if you don't want to remove the MC_Marriage module for any reason. You might enable MCCC > MC Pregnancy > Marriage Sim Selection > Bypass Played Households to prevent your played households from being affected.

There is no possibility to create some sort of group configuration to exclude certain groups of sims from being randomly married by the mod. The flags work for individuals and the computer settings work always global.

I use those population mods from Paulson or Bienchen to stop the game from spawning and to get no "trash" from the beginning. All I have in my game are self created sims.

And in the end you always can remove MCCC entirely from your game, if you don't like the results. There's no law which forces you to use the mod.
    Bananas_45 wrote: »
    @Bonxie Hey! I am tagging you to see if maybe you have an answer for this poster. https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/989762/mccc-gardening-bug#latest

We're looking into it. We have no reports about such a behavior from other users. I don't think that this is a MCCC bug. With that amount of users, we certainly would know if there is something wrong with MCCC.
  • DanmanNefariusDanmanNefarius Posts: 947 Member

You might remove the MC_Marriage module from MCCC. The mod works fine without it, with the result that there is no autonomous mariage at all. Otherwise you can flag your favorite sims and/or the "trash" for no marriage. In both cases you have to do all the marriages manually (if intended).

You might set MCCC > MC Pregnancy > Marriage Sim Selection > Marriage Percentage to 0 (zero) which also stops autonomous marriage, if you don't want to remove the MC_Marriage module for any reason. You might enable MCCC > MC Pregnancy > Marriage Sim Selection > Bypass Played Households to prevent your played households from being affected.

There is no possibility to create some sort of group configuration to exclude certain groups of sims from being randomly married by the mod. The flags work for individuals and the computer settings work always global.

I use those population mods from Paulson or Bienchen to stop the game from spawning and to get no "trash" from the beginning. All I have in my game are self created sims.

And in the end you always can remove MCCC entirely from your game, if you don't like the results. There's no law which forces you to use the mod.

hmm hopefully we'll get a bypass homeless households option in the future then? i can delete said "trash" easy enough and thus end those travesty marriages but it is kind of annoying to have to play babysitter all the times but this mod makes the world that much more alive and it does have too many useful uses for me to remove. i like it's uses enough to put up with a bit of micromanagement but yeah i would prefer it if premades and my housed own creations would marry and procreate instead of the random pears dominating the game even more because the game has a crush on those abominations.
    ...hopefully we'll get a bypass homeless households option in the future then...

That is pretty unlikely. One of the most important demands of MCCC design was to get some sort of story progression which gives the player the feeling that their world is constantly evolving. Therefore getting all those NPC married, have them having offspring, getting them divorced, moving them out is a foundation of the mod and was one of the most important functions from the very first begining. We had that story progression before we got the user interface to control it by mouse click out of the game.
  • simgirl542simgirl542 Posts: 1,071 Member
    I have been getting the "Inspect Garden" thing, (mentioned in the linked post), a lot when I first enter one of my homes with a large garden. I don't have the auto gardening mod. I'll check my settings in my Autonomous MC Command Center and see if that helps. I'll comment in here if it does or not.
    Celebrating 11 years on this forum. Simming proudly since 2001.
  • plauplau Posts: 183 Member
    simgirl542 wrote: »
    I have been getting the "Inspect Garden" thing, (mentioned in the linked post), a lot when I first enter one of my homes with a large garden. I don't have the auto gardening mod. I'll check my settings in my Autonomous MC Command Center and see if that helps. I'll comment in here if it does or not.

Hi! Did you also have the harvest bug? That you can only harvest one plant at a time manually? Or is it only the inspect garden bug?
    I still haven't figured out this issue, so I really hope someone else does :D
  • simgirl542simgirl542 Posts: 1,071 Member
    @plau
    I checked my settings and I have Gardening on Autonomous. I'm not sure why I turned it on because my free will is never turned on. I don't know if that might make a difference with this issue.
    When I went into that home the inspect garden thing didn't happen again, but I did have my sim stop planting after only a few plants at a time. I don't know if it's from MC Command Center or not, as it was a child sim doing the planting.

I do have the Kids (Children) can mods which includes gardening so I don't know if it's that mod, or no mod at all. The Kids can mod does need to be updated, or at the very least checked, but I can't find a current version of it.

As for the harvest bug, I can't really say. The way my garden was set up they would stop when the section was done then I would have to tell them to do the rest. I redid the garden in my main home so I can't check on that one yet.

My plants will go from full grown to newly planted sometimes when I harvest or fertilize. I don't know if it's a bug or if it's on purpose because when I look at the seasons for the reverted plants some say out of season.

I do get BEs, but nothing is clearly mentioned on them when I look at them so I don't even know what those are for most of the time.
    Celebrating 11 years on this forum. Simming proudly since 2001.
    edited May 2021
    WARNING

Most of you will be already aware that prior to the release of the "Dream Home Decorator" game pack at Tuesday, 2021/06/01
    there will be (as usual) a big patch with some mod breaking potential.
    We expect this patch for tomorrow, as announced by EA in yesterday's live stream.

As a consequence
    we once again expect all script mods - INCLUDING MCCC - to break
    after the upcoming Sims 4 patch deployment!

Most probably there will be also an MCCC update, but as always it will take its time.
    You know @Deaderpool and his willingness to work on this matter, so I'm convinced,
    that there will be a solution in a reasonable time frame.

What could you do?
    If you decide to install the upcoming S4 patch, you should be prepared for game errors and to update your mods.
    Check now which script mods you are using in your game:
    Game Options > Others > View Custom Content > scroll down to section "Script Mods"
    Probably everything you find in this section has to be updated to the new game version or to be deleted.
    You find the corresponding files in your S4 folder ...\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4\Mods and its subfolders.
    Script mods are usually (but not necessarily) files with an ts4script extension (i. e. mc_cmd_center.ts4script).

You might also consider to deactivate the automatic update function in Origin,
    which gives you the opportunity to wait until updates of your favorite mods are available.
    Have a look at this post how to disable automatic updates in Origin:
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/17521730/#Comment_17521730

There is no need to install the patch at once!

But note also, that if you plan to install "Dream Home Decorator" on release day (Tuesday, 2021/06/01)
    you have to patch beforehand or during pack installation.

I will keep you informed about the newest developments.

☆☆☆ Have Fun! ☆☆☆

#MCCC #Patch #Update
  • friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member
    WARNING

Most of you will be already aware that prior to the release of the "Dream Home Decorator" game pack at Tuesday, 2021/06/01
    there will be (as usual) a big patch with some mod breaking potential.
    We expect this patch for tomorrow, as announced by EA in yesterday's live stream.

As a consequence
    we once again expect all script mods - INCLUDING MCCC - to break
    after the upcoming Sims 4 patch deployment!

Most probably there will be also an MCCC update, but as always it will take its time.
    You know @Deaderpool and his willingness to work on this matter, so I'm convinced,
    that there will be a solution in a reasonable time frame.

What could you do?
    If you decide to install the upcoming S4 patch, you should be prepared for game errors and to update your mods.
    Check now which script mods you are using in your game:
    Game Options > Others > View Custom Content > scroll down to section "Script Mods"
    Probably everything you find in this section has to be updated to the new game version or to be deleted.
    You find the corresponding files in your S4 folder ...\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4\Mods and its subfolders.
    Script mods are usually (but not necessarily) files with an ts4script extension (i. e. mc_cmd_center.ts4script).

You might also consider to deactivate the automatic update function in Origin,
    which gives you the opportunity to wait until updates of your favorite mods are available.
    Have a look at this post how to disable automatic updates in Origin:
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/17521730/#Comment_17521730

There is no need to install the patch at once!

But note also, that if you plan to install "Dream Home Decorator" on release day (Tuesday, 2021/06/01)
    you have to patch beforehand or during pack installation.

I will keep you informed about the newest developments.

☆☆☆ Have Fun! ☆☆☆

#MCCC #Patch #Update

dum question cause i'vebeen updating my legacy so haven't been watching the thread.when is the patch? i spelled the one word wrong on purpose.
  • AyKooChaoAyKooChao Posts: 676 Member
    @friendsfan367 Should be in about 16 hours, I think.
    #ConsistencyForAliensTS4
    AyKooChao wrote: »
    @friendsfan367 Should be in about 16 hours, I think.

thanks got one moe family to deal with then i got pull the bunk beds just in case.
    edited May 2021
    dum question cause i'vebeen updating my legacy so haven't been watching the thread.when is the patch? i spelled the one word wrong on purpose.

We expect the patch to be released today, 2021/05/27, using the usual schedule:
    • US West Coast - 10am PST
    • US East Coast - 1pm EST
    • Western Europe - 18:00 GMT
    • Central Europe - 19:00 CET
    • Central Asia - 22:30 IST
    • Korea, Japan - 2am KST/JST (2021/05/28)
    • Australia East Coast - 3am AEST (2021/05/28)

Happy Timezone!
    Post edited by Bonxie on
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,294 Member
    edited May 2021
    Mountain Time should be 11am MDT. We've moved into daylight savings time, All. The 'S' stands for Standard Time. Let's be clear. USA is on Daylight Savings Time, with the exception of two states that I know of. Arizona and maybe Alaska, who stick with Standard time.
    Post edited by GalacticGal on
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/

We expect the patch to be released today, 2021/05/27, using the usual schedule:
    • US West Coast - 10am PST
    • US East Coast - 1pm EST
    • Western Europe - 18:00 GMT
    • Central Europe - 19:00 CET
    • Central Asia - 22:30 IST
    • Korea, Japan - 2am KST/JST (2021/05/28)
    • Australia East Coast - 3am AEST (2021/05/28)

Happy Timezone!

yeah i'm not late. the patch has bad timing the friends reunion came out on hbomax today. so distracted.
    edited May 2021
    The latest Sims 4 patch to version v1.75.125 made a few changes that affected several mods, including MCCC.

Please download the newest public release v8.1.2 for MCCC/MC Woohoo!

Find the download link on this page:

Alternative DL site, just in case you're facing issues.
    https://www.patreon.com/posts/mc-command-8-1-2-51767384 - FREE DOWNLOAD!

If you are a Legacy user, stay on MCCC version 6.6.0.
    https://www.patreon.com/posts/mc-command-6-6-0-31490960 - FREE DOWNLOAD!

You might also have a look at @luthienrising's post regarding broken mods and CC:
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/990224/broken-updated-mods-cc-may-27-2021-decorator-patch/p1

☆☆☆ Have Fun! ☆☆☆

#MCCC #Patch #Update

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top