Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Disaster Pack?

It would be cool to have a disaster pack that includes (but not limited to) things like:

1) kaiju attack
2) tornados/hurricanes
3) tidal waves
4) nuclear meltdown

All with neighborhood destruction, including damage to your lot and home, possible mutations due to radioactive fallout, changing the look of arms, legs, etc.
This game needs more Sailor Moon!

Hold SHIFT while using the FRIEZE tool to apply it to a single wall, and not an entire room!

** SailorCeti's Builds **

If you download one of my builds, by all means, leave me a message and tell me what you did and did not like about it.

Comments

• Ray_TraceRay_Trace Posts: 509 Member
    I would love to have a disaster pack! Something ridiculous like a giant tornado attacking your home lot would be amazing. Even introduce more deadly precipitation like acid rain or hail during thunderstorms would be fun. We have volcanoes and earthquakes in our game already, so why not?
    A1hnP0t.png
  • friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,542 Member
    no thank you i would not went such a pack for the sims4
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • SailorCetiSailorCeti Posts: 807 Member
    no thank you i would not went such a pack for the sims4

That’s fair. Just don’t get it. Lol. They probably won’t make one anyway.

Hold SHIFT while using the FRIEZE tool to apply it to a single wall, and not an entire room!

If you download one of my builds, by all means, leave me a message and tell me what you did and did not like about it.
  • Mak27Mak27 Posts: 1,111 Member
    First hail, then any other disaster
    Ray_Trace wrote: »
    I would love to have a disaster pack! Something ridiculous like a giant tornado attacking your home lot would be amazing. Even introduce more deadly precipitation like acid rain or hail during thunderstorms would be fun. We have volcanoes and earthquakes in our game already, so why not?

And in the case of a kaiju attack, if you’re in the military career, your sim will get called to defend the town with the possibility of a uniformed officer showing up later, presenting a folded flag to remaining family.

• Hauk150Hauk150 Posts: 358 Member
    I have a similar idea, it may be not disaster pack precisely, but it would rather be a steampunk or post-apocalyptic pack, and it could include a new adventure world, and interesting objects and cas items
  • kwanzaabotkwanzaabot Posts: 2,440 Member
    Oh god, can you imagine the meltdown the community would have if anything bad EVER happened in this game?
    Lord oh lord
    wJbomAo.png
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,342 Member
    Wasn't Eco Lifestyle disaster enough for you?
  • talongirl6talongirl6 Posts: 184 Member
    I would love for this to be in The Sims 4! This idea reminds me of SimCity since you can cause a lot of different disasters in that game too. I think it would also be cool to have a way to control the events that happen, like with some sort of machine similar to the weather machine.
  • inkyvioletinkyviolet Posts: 147 Member
    Such a great idea an Apocalyptic pack. Personally love using Dystopian cc and this would be so good. Sim life should not always be easy, they're still annoying the absolute hell out of me with those ugh ... clay blobs and future cubes!!!
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    Too much like SimCity so issa no for me.
    talongirl6 wrote: »
    I would love for this to be in The Sims 4! This idea reminds me of SimCity since you can cause a lot of different disasters in that game too. I think it would also be cool to have a way to control the events that happen, like with some sort of machine similar to the weather machine.

Obviously an on/off switch and frequency control should be included. But yes, SimCity was my impetus.

crocobaura wrote: »

ROFLMAO!!! Yeah... I didn’t even get that. It’s the one thing I don’t have. I want the occasional (when opted in) disaster, not persistent catastrophe.

• BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    SailorCeti wrote: »
    It would be cool to have a disaster pack that includes (but not limited to) things like:

1) kaiju attack
    2) tornados/hurricanes
    3) tidal waves
    4) nuclear meltdown

All with neighborhood destruction, including damage to your lot and home, possible mutations due to radioactive fallout, changing the look of arms, legs, etc.

Oh my gosh YEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!😁😁😁😁😁😆😆😆😆😆😆😆😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(

ROFLMAO!!! Yeah... I didn’t even get that. It’s the one thing I don’t have. I want the occasional (when opted in) disaster, not persistent catastrophe.

What persistent catastrophes does Eco Lifestyle have?
    Industrial footprints adds... coughing. That's it.

There's nothing catastrophic about the eco footprints at all. It's the most unobtrusive, vanilla, weak-tea "catastrophe" I've ever seen.
    wJbomAo.png
  • OctoBinxOctoBinx Posts: 5 New Member
    This would be so cool!
    > @kwanzaabot said:
    > What persistent catastrophes does Eco Lifestyle have?
    > Industrial footprints adds... coughing. That's it.
    >
    > There's nothing catastrophic about the eco footprints at all. It's the most unobtrusive, vanilla, weak-tea "catastrophe" I've ever seen.

Absolutely agree! Eco Lifestyle was fun for a short while. like any new toy but got tepid very quickly.
    Sorry can I just add ... a couple trees and roof paraphernalia, the world goes green zone. Wish it was that miraculous in RL. Love the Sims but we truly need an injection of some tough life because like it or not that's RL
    kwanzaabot wrote: »

There's nothing catastrophic about the eco footprints at all. It's the most unobtrusive, vanilla, weak-tea "catastrophe" I've ever seen.

Difference of opinion I guess. The idea of introducing politics into a game is terrible to me. Especially when you can’t completely opt out. So I just didn’t buy it.

Difference of opinion I guess. The idea of introducing politics into a game is terrible to me. Especially when you can’t completely opt out. So I just didn’t buy it.

What.... politics....?
    wJbomAo.png

What.... politics....?

Yes. The NAPs. You have to vote on them, even if you set it so you’re the only voter. I play games to get away from stuff like that. The idea of NAPs was so atrocious to me that it kept me from buying that pack so I don’t get all the build/buy and cas items.

• InuMiroLoverInuMiroLover Posts: 1,184 Member
    YES YES YES. Done right this is a pack I will buy day one!

I would love to have my sims live in an already ruined world. And you're not cleaning up jack like in EL, you're just trying to survive. You have to scavenge for food, power is intermittent and your sim could get sick from strange ailments that may or may not be lethal. Perhaps a charity group once a week drops by with a package of random supplies that has to last until their next visit or maybe sims could start up a black market??? My god this concept sounds way too cool. <3<3<3
    Oh god, can you imagine the meltdown the community would have if anything bad EVER happened in this game?
    Lord oh lord

This pack doesnt even exist yet I can still hear the Twitter army demanding that everything be nerfed and be replaced with sunshine and smiles.
  • bixtersbixters Posts: 2,299 Member
    I'd love a Disaster Pack. My sims need more negative things in their lives, not just sun and rainbows all the time.

However, they need to allow us to manage how often we want the disasters to happen. Like with a toggle or switch. Because it would be quite annoying to have a Earthquake happen everyday. We need to be able decide how often we want the disasters to happen.
  • GracieO312GracieO312 Posts: 1,291 Member
    I could see myself enjoying a pack like this. So many story opportunities!!
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,108 Member
    How about a Futuristic World that gives the options of a Utopia World or an Apocalypes World? o:)>:)