Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Bust the Dust Kit complaints

Comments

• carpe_diemcarpe_diem Posts: 280 Member
    edited March 2021
    @SimmerGeorge @Ellupelluellu Thanks simmers! <3 And thanks for the tip, I put it in the feedback section!

BUST THE DUST KIT - CONSTRUCTIVE FEEDBACK
    Post edited by carpe_diem on
  • NightlyCoffeeNightlyCoffee Posts: 455 Member
    I really love the idea of this pack, but it's hard to play without using mods. With mods, it's actually great, so thank you mod creators!

I hate how they take a great idea for realism and add their own goofy spin on it. I know some may like that, but I just want vacuuming without sentient, albeit cute, dust bunnies who give you money for existing. I think Laundry Day was good for realism, just laundry and no sentient lent monster coming out of the dryer every two hours.

My four year old daughter loves the dust bunnies though, so it's a hit with her.
  • DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,472 Member
    edited March 2021

Maxis over here just wanting our sims to die without testing the packs thoroughly. *shakes head*
    My Top Song of the Day: Fancy Footwork by Chromeo
    FwDXXd5.gif
  • Bluebeard45Bluebeard45 Posts: 3,889 Member
    Did you really think EA would spend time and money on a proper test of there products. You buy anything from EA it's mostly broken and then the Mod community has to fix it. People that are not getting paid are keeping the Sims alive while EA fattens there bank account.
  • EilidhCEilidhC Posts: 1 New Member
    Has anyone successfully managed to ‘let at least one floor level of your home become dirty’ ? In the fabulously filthy aspiration? Iv tried with different sims on different lots, the whole house is filthy and it never completes this task! Any hints?
  • calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    EilidhC wrote: »
    Has anyone successfully managed to ‘let at least one floor level of your home become dirty’ ? In the fabulously filthy aspiration? Iv tried with different sims on different lots, the whole house is filthy and it never completes this task! Any hints?

@EilidhC I'm sure some of us reached the conclusion that that part of the aspiration is buggy. I had a slob sim with no hoover and the dirt got so bad even the sim complained but still failed!
  • haneulhaneul Posts: 1,952 Member
    Did you really think EA would spend time and money on a proper test of there products. You buy anything from EA it's mostly broken and then the Mod community has to fix it. People that are not getting paid are keeping the Sims alive while EA fattens there bank account.

Modders get paid. Maybe not enough and maybe not the right modders, but some modders make thousands a month on the Sims and are in a better position than they would be if they actually worked for EA. So in a twisted way, it's good that EA has things that can be improved. But they need to do some basic quality control.
  • NotSoLuckyNotSoLucky Posts: 4,682 Member
    I tried the filth aspiration. My house gets dirty, I befriend the bunnies, then its clean all the sudden and bunnies disappear. The grossness won't come back. And no, she didn't clean any of it. It's so glitched.
  • DrbigtDrbigt Posts: 222 Member
    edited March 2021
    Everything about dust bunnies and filth fiends is just stupid and encompasses a lot of what's wrong with Sims 4, adding stuff no one asked or wanted as tacked on features that you can't disable invidually unless you want to also disable stuff that you actually care about.

It's like they would have made laundry day but added Underpant Giraffes or Bowling to add Bobby the Sentient talking Bowling Ball who never stops cracking jokes, it just is weird and I absolutely want nothing to do with it in my game.
  • MarjAgainMarjAgain Posts: 3 New Member
    I've been looking for days, and cannot seem to find anyone talking about this. Is there any way to deal with dust Off the Grid?
  • DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,867 Member
    If I remember correctly, the gurus said you can update vacuums to be usable off the grid.
    MarjAgain wrote: »
    I've been looking for days, and cannot seem to find anyone talking about this. Is there any way to deal with dust Off the Grid?

I’m still not sure about buying it. The sparkles thing would annoy me fast.
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    Dianesims wrote: »
    If I remember correctly, the gurus said you can update vacuums to be usable off the grid.

Yea there is an eco upgrade you can do so vacuums can be used off the grid.

I had to download a mod to stop the sparkles. It was too much! Lol
  • polishsimmepolishsimme Posts: 20 Member
    Is it a known glitch that as soon as dust bunnies appear, I’m unable to vacuum them, even though my sim is able to interact with them otherwise ...? :(
  • WolfiumWolfium Posts: 2,672 Member
    Is it a known glitch that as soon as dust bunnies appear, I’m unable to vacuum them, even though my sim is able to interact with them otherwise ...? :(

They will dissapear if you vacuum enough in any room on that level. If you befriended one of them, that bunny stays.
  • polishsimmepolishsimme Posts: 20 Member
    @Wolfium hmm I'll try that once again, thank you :)
  • DragonAge_300905DragonAge_300905 Posts: 1,939 Member
    I'm going to report this as a bug.

If you make a room with an exterior wall being a half wall the sims can't vacuum in the room.

I made a lot with the exterior walls looking into the back yard that were half walls and my sim couldn't use the vacuum inside the house, even though the rooms were large enough to vacuum inside.
  • SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member

Ohh... that is interesting. I often play off the grid so that would be a plus for me. Currently offline so I cannot buy it at the moment but I will return and see how the pack is working after some patching.
  • SkyrryxSkyrryx Posts: 201 Member
    So the kit is still buggy? I will pass for now, maybe if they fix properly I will buy it. But they don't seem to patch things really fast.
    Thank you @83bienchen for modding the game. Whims Overhaul is essential for my gameplay.
  • Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    edited May 2021

Chazzzy wrote: »

Yea there is an eco upgrade you can do so vacuums can be used off the grid.

I had to download a mod to stop the sparkles. It was too much! Lol

No @MarjAgain the upgrade to make the vacs work off the grid doesn’t work, I made an AHQ thread about it. There’s a link in my signature if you wouldn’t mind ticking the “me too” box. Leave a comment too if you’re so inclined. :)
  • Dru1dsl0thDru1dsl0th Posts: 2 New Member
    [quote="CelSims;c-17822190"]Some one in a different thread mentioned that the Cats & Dogs robo cleaner and the Discover University cleaning bots are not cleaning up the dust like Ninja said they would. Can any one confirm they have tried either of these and whether they worked please?[/quote]

I've only recently started having this issue, but it's expanded to the vacuums not working either (full stand or handheld)
  • shailaputriishailaputrii Posts: 64 Member
    it seems i dont have as much dust as i had before. and my dust bunnies are long gone. haven't seen them since this new patch came out.
  • AlwaysTheSunAlwaysTheSun Posts: 388 Member
    It's so annoying that vacuum doesn't pick up pet hair.
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    It's so annoying that vacuum doesn't pick up pet hair.

I wonder if that’s something they will be fixing?
  • cadorno12cadorno12 Posts: 61 Member
    Ok so, to get the maid to vacuum I had to gift her one. If, you have a huge house (aka mansion) it takes forever to vacuum the whole house! It seems to be per dust pile. Wish they made it that you would vacuum a room at a time at least.