Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

๐Ÿ‘ PUT ๐Ÿ‘ THE ๐Ÿ‘ SIMS ๐Ÿ‘ 2 ๐Ÿ‘ ULTIMATE ๐Ÿ‘ COLLECTION ๐Ÿ‘ ON ๐Ÿ‘ ORIGIN

ยซ134
kwanzaabotkwanzaabot Posts: 2,440 Member
edited August 2022 in The Sims Franchise Discussion
We will pay you money!

Look at all this money we have, EA!

WE WANT TO GIVE YOU OUR MONEY
WHY DON'T YOU WANT MONEY
wJbomAo.png
Post edited by EA_Cade on

Comments

• Sunflowergal227Sunflowergal227 Posts: 305 Member
    Ditto! i agree! Even if we have to pay for it, i'm down. And make the game recognize newer graphic cards!
    Favorite EP/SP
    Sims 2 (All EPs/SPs)
    Sims 3 Showtime
    Sims 3 Generations
    My Sims 3 profile page: https://mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/Sunflowergal227
  • CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,451 Member
    I agree 100%.
    I actually tried to give them my money but they wouldnโ€™t take it. They wouldnโ€™t give me the game either though...

• KelvinKelvin Posts: 6,899 Member
    Afraid of simmers abandoning Sims 4 (& them dumb kits) altogether "deflecting" to the golden-age of life-sim, eh, EA? ;)
    chicken-run-ginger-i-just-decided-i-dont-care-idc-gif-20619284.gif
    ._.
  • pammiechickpammiechick Posts: 12,262 Member
    I bet it's not PC enough. After all, woohooing LOOKED like woohooing and there were all kinds of interesting things happening.

Can't have us actually playing a life simulator!
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
  • ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    I'd gladly pay for it imagine having fun playing a complete Sims game its been awhile.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • CrypticSimsCrypticSims Posts: 3 New Member
    PLEASE EA
  • DoodlyDoofusDoodlyDoofus Posts: 1,177 Member
    Sims 2 can only be monetized so much. Once you got all the expansion and stuff packs you can't spend more money. It's not like Sims 4 where they somehow found a way to get people to spend $5 on stuff that isn't worth $5. I bet they'd probably pull Sims 3 from sale if they didn't have the Sims 3 store to keep a cash flow coming in from that game as well.

Now you know why you won't get Sims 2 back.
  • kwanzaabotkwanzaabot Posts: 2,440 Member
    Sims 2 can only be monetized so much. Once you got all the expansion and stuff packs you can't spend more money. It's not like Sims 4 where they somehow found a way to get people to spend $5 on stuff that isn't worth $5. I bet they'd probably pull Sims 3 from sale if they didn't have the Sims 3 store to keep a cash flow coming in from that game as well.

That's also true of every game ever, tho. Every game stops having DLC eventually.
    Additionally, EA would be selling it IN ADDITION to The Sims 4 and The Sims 3. I'm not proposing they end support for TS4, nor am I proposing that they stop selling TS3, which also has all of its content already released.

It's not money INSTEAD OF TS4 and TS3, it's IN ADDITION TO.
    wJbomAo.png
  • OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    I'd love to try Sims 2, tried the download online I've seen a lot of people talking about but the server on the site seems to be broken as it always downloads in extreme slow motion. The other day I left it downloading for 4+ hours and there was still 4gb to go so I gave up :s
  • ClarionOfJoyClarionOfJoy Posts: 1,945 Member

That's also true of every game ever, tho. Every game stops having DLC eventually.
    Additionally, EA would be selling it IN ADDITION to The Sims 4 and The Sims 3. I'm not proposing they end support for TS4, nor am I proposing that they stop selling TS3, which also has all of its content already released.

It's not money INSTEAD OF TS4 and TS3, it's IN ADDITION TO.

I think it's because it's the better closed world system than TS4. Seriously, I have TS2 and I have no compunction to ever buy TS4 since TS2 is so much better in every way - fully working gameplay, intelligent sims, distinct personalities, more customization of its b/b items (no buying recolors!), lots more animations to give finer details, only has a few bugs, etc. etc.

So it would end up not being an additional source of money, but overshadowing TS4, people would just buy TS2 instead of TS4. EA would get less money since it is a much older game that they won't be able to charge more money for it.

• SimChic1SimChic1 Posts: 3,449 Member
    I've managed to finesse TS2 UC for a few friends after it was "pulled." You just need to speak to the right rep.
    I've managed to finesse TS2 UC for a few friends after it was "pulled." You just need to speak to the right rep.

I'm listening.... please go on
    wJbomAo.png
  • lisamwittlisamwitt Posts: 5,079 Member

EA has been very explicit that they will not give anyone else Sims 2 UC and to stop asking. They released a statement about it. You may still be able to find individual disks on Amazon or ebay though.

I got it for free back in 2014 when it was added automatically to my library because I owned the game on Origin. Even so, if they were to make some significant updates to the game I'd pay for a new copy.

I still buy/play Sims 4 too though, I go back and forth. Keeps me from getting bored.
    Gallery ID: LadyGray01

EA has been very explicit that they will not give anyone else Sims 2 UC and to stop asking. They released a statement about it. You may still be able to find individual disks on Amazon or ebay though.

I got it for free back in 2014 when it was added automatically to my library because I owned the game on Origin. Even so, if they were to make some significant updates to the game I'd pay for a new copy.

I still buy/play Sims 4 too though, I go back and forth. Keeps me from getting bored.

I'll keep asking until they put it back up for sale.

In the meantime......

cass.png
    wJbomAo.png
  • SimSpockSimSpock Posts: 273 Member
    Agree ! I will buy the entire Sims 2 collection -- again.
  • bixtersbixters Posts: 2,299 Member
    edited May 2021
    YES PLEASE!!

....And the Sims 1. They should remaster Sims 1 & 2 and sell them.

They'd make a lot of money from them, because a lot of people played them when they were younger, and would pay to play them again.

It doesn't really make sense why they're not available to buy...is EA afraid of the competition? :D
    YES PLEASE!!

They'd make a lot of money from them, because a lot of people played them when they were younger, and would pay to play them again.

It doesn't really make sense why they're not available to buy...is EA afraid of the competition? :D

Honestly, yes I do think that. I think that EA doesn't want any of its current game user base to be able to play TS2, unless they already have an old CD-based copy and can get it working. Too many people would complain that TS4 is just a graphically upgraded and otherwise strictly inferior product to TS2. I don't think they mind the TS3 / TS4 comparison, because the open world of TS3 makes direct comparisons difficult. That wouldn't be the case with TS2.

That's not me hating on TS4 -- I have it and like it. It's just me being honest about assessing the quality of the closed world TS2 game against the quality of its decade later closed world TS4 cousin.
  • hihi122122hihi122122 Posts: 1,259 Member
    I'd be down for a remaster for sure... I can't even remember at this point how many files I've had to edit to get around graphics card issues.

I got all the DLC when they had the sale to get TS2 UC for free (though I got mine digitalized by showing a photo of the CD key to customer support...2 weeks before it was on sale), and that was really nice to have everything linked digitally. Plus there were some items that were from pre-order promotions, etc, that are unobtainable now. Also I see nothing wrong with having TS2 with TS4 from an economic point of view -- but the reason they had the promotion to get TS2 UC for free was due to the end of customer support. But, really, just release the game with no CS and there will be people who download or buy it with zero expectations of support.
  • hihi122122hihi122122 Posts: 1,259 Member
    YES PLEASE!!

OMG yes. I have all the CDs for TS1 and it is a royal pain any time I get a new computer or whatever. I literally got a CD drive just for this game... Although I have all the DLC, etc, for TS1, it would be the literal last game that I need a disk for. Everything else has been rereleased (enhanced, legacy, remaster, etc, whatever you want to call it) or given as an account-locked digital copy. I suppose I have some REALLY old CDs, but those games are old enough that I honestly can just copy the install files from PC to PC.

YES PLEASE!!

Honestly, yes I do think that. I think that EA doesn't want any of its current game user base to be able to play TS2, unless they already have an old CD-based copy and can get it working. Too many people would complain that TS4 is just a graphically upgraded and otherwise strictly inferior product to TS2. I don't think they mind the TS3 / TS4 comparison, because the open world of TS3 makes direct comparisons difficult. That wouldn't be the case with TS2.

That's not me hating on TS4 -- I have it and like it. It's just me being honest about assessing the quality of the closed world TS2 game against the quality of its decade later closed world TS4 cousin.

If that was true The Sims 3 would've been taken off Origin too. It doesn't hold water.
    wJbomAo.png
    YES PLEASE!!

If that was true The Sims 3 would've been taken off Origin too. It doesn't hold water.

You didn't read my comment very carefully. I stated that I don't think that they mind the TS3 comparison, because it's open world. My conclusion may be wrong, but the logic itself isn't.
  • OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 4,973 Member
    Lucky me. I have TS2, disk version, complete and running just fine on an ancient PC. I got UC for my Win 10 PC however many years ago after explaining to the rep that all my attempts to install my disk version were unsuccessful. He gave me UC as he could verify my disk ownership. Said something about there is enough difference in the installation code between disks and UC so that the former won't install properly on Win 10. Had the same issues with Vista and WIn 7-8. Can't guarantee they will still be nice if you own disks, but might be worth a try.

Add me to the list. The game is too good with too much potential to be ignored.
    YES PLEASE!!

You didn't read my comment very carefully. I stated that I don't think that they mind the TS3 comparison, because it's open world. My conclusion may be wrong, but the logic itself isn't.

You people put too much stock in open world.
    If open world was this amazing feature that made TS3 a totally different game to TS4, then surely that would be the kind of competition EA would want to avoid.

The fact of the matter is they don't have TS2 on Origin because it's old. That's it. That's the only reason. It's nearly 20 years old.
    They'll stop selling Sims 3 in ten years, too.
    wJbomAo.png
    YES PLEASE!!

You people put too much stock in open world.
    If open world was this amazing feature that made TS3 a totally different game to TS4, then surely that would be the kind of competition EA would want to avoid.

The fact of the matter is they don't have TS2 on Origin because it's old. That's it. That's the only reason. It's nearly 20 years old.
    They'll stop selling Sims 3 in ten years, too.

When TS4 ends, they might re-release TS2, when it's no longer a threat to TS4, if it makes you feel any better. They might also release a TS3 Ultimate Collection then as well.

I bet it's not PC enough. After all, woohooing LOOKED like woohooing and there were all kinds of interesting things happening.

Can't have us actually playing a life simulator!

Yeah, when sims in TS2 "make out" on a couch, it's really quite graphic! ๐Ÿ˜ณ

This discussion has been closed.
Return to top